Red Hood.....vs Daken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
strictly h2h...no weapons or powers

1st to k.o. who wins?

iceman24567
No healing? Daken can take a beating and keep on ticking

Sin I AM
Originally posted by iceman24567
No healing? Daken can take a beating and keep on ticking

yes no healing, no claws, no pheromones....and no weapons for Jason

Nietzschean
I am going to side with Red Hood.

iceman24567
I'm going with Daken

Eternal Idol
As worthless a character as I think Daken is, I think he'd still win the fight. All else being equal, he's still got better damage soak.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
As worthless a character as I think Daken is, I think he'd still win the fight. All else being equal, he's still got better damage soak.
Isn't it difficult/impossible to separate 'damage soak' from healing?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision

It's basically how much damage you can sustain before dropping, imo.

Someone like say, Frank Castle, doesn't have beyond human durability or a healing factor, but his body can endure an absurd amount of punishment for a street level human before succumbing to KO or death.

At least that's how I interpret it.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Not true. The Punisher has incredible damage soak, and he's always been a normal human being... nevermind those retarded Frankencastle and demon hunter phases.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Someone like say, Frank Castle, doesn't have beyond human durability or a healing factor, but his body can endure an absurd amount of punishment for a street level human before succumbing to KO or death.

thumb up

SquallX

The real question is, how much damage they take before we start calling PIS.

For instance, i myself don't see Punisher taking more than two solids hits form the lacks of Spiderman, or DareDevil.

Nietzschean
I understand calling PIS when Spiderman hits him and is trying to knock him out and not hold back, but, I dont mind when Punisher tanks hits from Daredevil and gives some back.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by SquallX
The real question is, how much damage they take before we start calling PIS.

For instance, i myself don't see Punisher taking more than two solids hits form the lacks of Spiderman, or DareDevil.

Spidey is one thing but Matt? You don't think Frank should be able to take some of Matt's best strikes, even when he has already?

CPT Space Bomb
Yah, Spider-man intending to harm Frank would be PIS, but not Daredevil. As for this fight, Daken wins.

Prep-Man

Eternal Idol
Which version of Frankenstein and which version of Sabretooth?

-Pr-

I think he meant when it comes to Daken specificially, not in general, though I could be wrong.

iceman24567
LOL what the fudge

Prep-Man
oops. what are some of daken skill feats?

Omega Vision

I think you might be misunderstanding me.

I wasn't asking if it was always the case that healing and damage soak are inseparable...

I was asking if there are any instances of Daken displaying damage soak that can't in any way be attributed to his healing factor.

JakeTheBank
Ah, ok.

Not sure what feats Daken has to offer as far as damage soak w/o his healing factor.

Sin I AM
Damage Soak- A measure of endurance; the amount of offensive force above one's own level of durability- in other words, force that can harm a given entity- an entity can take before said entity is unable to function.

^^ Thats the best explanation ive seen thus far...however for the sake of this fight i would say they are equal thereby nullifying the argument since daken has as of yet not been depicted sans hf, and it would be difficult/impossible to determin what it was with it. Im more interested in who is simply a better fighter....

Omega Vision
I really don't think Daken has ever been depowered so this is all guess work really.

RedX1852
Red Hood Wins, he will do what the punisher did, but this time Daken has no Healing Factor, so he goes down, and he doesn't have the H2H Feats to go agaisnt Red Hood, but i would say he is Sub-Par, besides Red Hood gave Batman one hell of a fight(before Batman knew it was Jason) and that alone is a good feat, even though he lost, he also beat Tim Drake 3 times and put up a good fight against Nightwing so im going with Red Hood

pym-ftw
Daken turns Jason gay

er...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.