The online message board decline

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/remembrance-of-message-boards-past/

Do you feel it's inevitable here as well ? I have noticed how stagnant traffic has been lately and wonder if anyone has any ideas as to attract newer members. Discuss.

Lord Lucien

Korto Vos
Well studies have shown that web users decide whether they are interested in a website in just few seconds. A new visitor to a website knows nothing, and has to be educated about it at the earliest opportunity (meaning right away).

Furthermore, since any page in the forum's archive serves as an entry point, this adds to the challenge.

New members who join and feel welcome will generate the word of mouth that will lead to increased membership. I just went to the Welcome Forum, and I see all these new users speaking broken English and getting banned within 5 posts. I understand these are spammers, but for the ones that aren't, there doesn't seem to be much of a welcome.

ADarksideJedi
Never make promises you can't keep!

Vorpal Ruin
There arent many posters on the forum. Until new characters are introduced, or existing featless ones get feats, most of us already have a pretty good idea of who would win in fights. There are lots of characters, but there are lots of characters whose combat prowess has nothing for us to measure it by.

There is significantly more information and characters to choose from in the Comic vs forum. I mean, theres only about 150 or so books(guessing) of Star Wars? Not very many comics, fewer games(which are often a headache to debate).

All IMO of course.

My post really only applies to the Star Wars EU forums.

Impediment
Since I don't frequent other meassage boards, the only input I can offer is that KMC is dead. Five years ago, this place was blowing up with traffic and all sorts of colorful characters. I truly can't say if websites like Facebook, for example, are causes for KMC's death, but I will say that so many people have moved on to greener pastures.

The only reason I even still post in here is because I have made some true friends whom I still speak to and utilize the board's forums to participate with. There's nothing left to moderate here except for countless ad bots and sad, pathetic troll socks like AJ and Whirly.

Maybe if KMC was rebooted and given an extreme makeover, then we could make this place thriving again. However, we need an administrator to do all of that.

Nietzschean
A lot of people are attracted to bright colors and online gimmicks regardless of quality posters so they go to more commercialized sites.

Coke & Hookers would probably work.
http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/Assets/ProductImages/PS_0434_SHEEN_COKE.jpg

alltoomany
Maybe it's the hot weather keeping people away. See what happens in the cooler months.. I know in parts of the world it is cooler but let us see what happens in a few more weeks maybe a month..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
Since I don't frequent other meassage boards, the only input I can offer is that KMC is dead. Five years ago, this place was blowing up with traffic and all sorts of colorful characters. I truly can't say if websites like Facebook, for example, are causes for KMC's death, but I will say that so many people have moved on to greener pastures.

The only reason I even still post in here is because I have made some true friends whom I still speak to and utilize the board's forums to participate with. There's nothing left to moderate here except for countless ad bots and sad, pathetic troll socks like AJ and Whirly.

Maybe if KMC was rebooted and given an extreme makeover, then we could make this place thriving again. However, we need an administrator to do all of that. Even the cbr versus forum is dead compared to what it used to be and that was always the most frequented board with comic versus battles.

I tend to favor this board over all the others still but yeah it's reaching it's twilight years unless something is done.

One question I have is this since you're a moderator and see things differently than the normal poster. Why are permas given so often to faithful posters here. I know each poster is different and am speaking on a general level because each perma on a member with multiple years adds up and greatly decreases overall forum traffic.

I just want to undertsand the overall mentality. I always thought like say a 5 month ban would do the job if someone really screws up or something. It's almost half the year and would really teach someone to ship or or receive an even longer ban if they sock in the meantime or when they return. It also would prevent socking I think in a sense as to show them there's light at the end of the tunnel since there is a way to come back with good behavior because once you're perma'd you don't come back pretty much so there's no reason to prevent them from socking since they know there's no other way to get back.

This isn't a swipe at moderators so don't think it is if a moderator thinks I am taking a jab at you overall. I just think maybe there could be an alternative and one which could be discussed civilly in light of the stagnant traffic this board is currently going through. I'd like to discuss all the options here which have contributed in some way to the crawl this board is on freely to hopefully bring kmc back into it's golden age.

Korto Vos

Maybe if KMC was rebooted and given an extreme makeover, then we could make this place thriving again. However, we need an administrator to do all of that.

I joined during that active period and stayed for a year and a half, then left. But then I returned couple weeks ago. So hopefully that's a sign that older posters could return.

I agree though. This forum needs a makeover. I don't know anything about our administrator, but it's always crucial to have an active one at the helm.

I always feel people may not understand their wrongs until they are actually punished. In which case, I always thought the banning policy was a bit harsh.

Korto Vos
Okay, coming back and seeing this decline, here's what I would suggest. Mind you, I'm not very knowledgeable about how to market a forum, but here are my thoughts:

1. Change the name. Killermovies Community Forum isn't a name that will attract new viewers. Another reason is that this forum has moved beyond discussions of "killer movies." We have tremendous diversity here, including an active Comic Books section, Sports, Role Playing, and even a Philosophy and Religion Forum.

I mean movie franches are the foundation of KMC, but it has gone beyond that.

2. For a guest, compare the main page of Gaia Online Forums (the most popular forum online) and KMC. Perhaps we may not have
a website design luxury, but there isn't any "welcoming" message here. On Gaia, it states:

"Welcome to Gaia's forums, where millions of members gather to discuss random stuff, make new friends, complain about life, argue about nothing, laugh at dumb pictures, discuss serious issues and/or curse like sailors. Come join in already!"

We do the same things ("discuss random stuff, make new friends, complain about life, argue about nothing"wink over here, except we don't have millions of members. Yet, I don't see any "JOIN NOW" flashing across the guest homepage.

3. Too many divisions. Years ago, it would have been appropriate. But now, with stagnant flow, many of these forums are no longer as active and need to be combined. Of course, I'm not saying combine the Star Wars forums with the Comic sections of course, but hopefully my point is understood.

4. Re-establish a sense of community. Honestly, I don't know the majority of posters in the Comic forums (which are our most active). And I feel this has to do with the organization of KMC. It seems each forum is its own bubble unconnected with the rest. Idk, maybe that's just me.

5. This relates to #2, but focus on recruitment. If a person isn't logged on and is a guest, riddle the default guest appearance with the message of "Join now!" Or even state something like "Guests have limited viewing access. Please join to have access to all the fun," even if it isn't true.

Of course, all of what I just said is probably crap, but I felt it had to be put out there.

King Kandy
I agree with the idea of a name change. This forum really has little to do with the actual killer movies website.

inimalist
I don't see a lack of constant posting as a terrible thing, nor a consistent stream of new users

I mean, sure, we pick some up from time to time, but most people here have good opinions and ideas. Like, look at comments sections anywhere versus the type of stuff we talk about. More people does not mean better discussion

Nietzschean
anyone have any ideas for a name change? I think we need something that catches the ears of comic readers, general topics and movie posters. A cultural genre melting pot.

But, all these ideas are dependent on having an actual active administrator to help make these changes.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by inimalist
I don't see a lack of constant posting as a terrible thing, nor a consistent stream of new users

I mean, sure, we pick some up from time to time, but most people here have good opinions and ideas. Like, look at comments sections anywhere versus the type of stuff we talk about. More people does not mean better discussion

Right, I understand. However, a larger forum population usually points to a stronger, thriving message board. People want a forum in which if they leave for a day, half the threads will be full of new posts.

Besides, with proper integration, all new users will feel right at home and contribute to the quality discussions we have here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Korto Vos
I joined during that active period and stayed for a year and a half, then left. But then I returned couple weeks ago. So hopefully that's a sign that older posters could return.

I agree though. This forum needs a makeover. I don't know anything about our administrator, but it's always crucial to have an active one at the helm.

I always feel people may not understand their wrongs until they are actually punished. In which case, I always thought the banning policy was a bit harsh. I agree but then again I don't see it from moderator's eyes. I think it should be a case by case basis personally. If someone has posted on here for multiple years I feel they warrant more chances than say someone who has been temp banned 3 times in the first two months on here. People make mistakes and can learn from them so I have always felt perma's are a bit hard in all but extreme cases of spammers/whirly, etc.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by quanchi112
I agree but then again I don't see it from moderator's eyes. I think it should be a case by case basis personally.

If someone has posted on here for multiple years I feel they warrant more chances than say someone who has been temp banned 3 times in the first two months on here.

Sometimes these two points clash.

By ultimately, mods have to make decisions on a case by case basis even about longer term posters from time to time, dependant on the poster's actions.

You kinda answered your own question, I guess..

Good thread.

I think that on the whole its the decline in Star Wars and the other truely great sagas that bought most of us pre-'05ers here.

Lord Shadow Z
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/remembrance-of-message-boards-past/

Do you feel it's inevitable here as well ? I have noticed how stagnant traffic has been lately and wonder if anyone has any ideas as to attract newer members. Discuss.

I don't feel there is any decline of forums whatsoever and that social messaging on Twitter or Facebook (and others) are extremely limited and depends entirely on the interest an individual can generate. If the individual suddenly becomes boring or is no longer relevant that the page goes dead.

Forums are different, there is always something going on and new personalities/topics/posts almost everyday to keep your interest satisfied.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Sometimes these two points clash.

By ultimately, mods have to make decisions on a case by case basis even about longer term posters from time to time, dependant on the poster's actions.

You kinda answered your own question, I guess..

Good thread.

I think that on the whole its the decline in Star Wars and the other truely great sagas that bought most of us pre-'05ers here. Yes,I understand that and rules are rules but I always thought a really long temp ban is more effective and beneficial in the long run as opposed to a perma with no hope of ever getting your account reactivated.

I came on in 07 and got back into comics mainly because of this site. I always liked arguing versus before I ever really finally decided to join a site and in that section of the board it was booming. I remember one Thanos/Darkseid thread reaching 90 some pages in a week's time. Now it's still active but probably 1/7 as active as it used to be.Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I don't feel there is any decline of forums whatsoever and that social messaging on Twitter or Facebook (and others) are extremely limited and depends entirely on the interest an individual can generate. If the individual suddenly becomes boring or is no longer relevant that the page goes dead.

Forums are different, there is always something going on and new personalities/topics/posts almost everyday to keep your interest satisfied. There's no doubt about it that overall activity has come to a grinding halt compared to earlier years ago. People have moved on, been banned, or grown bored with it it seems.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z

Forums are different, there is always something going on and new personalities/topics/posts almost everyday to keep your interest satisfied.

Right, but that's the problem. There aren't enough new personalities, and that has contributed to less daily posts and topics.

Maybe forums in general haven't declined, but KMC Forums certainly have. Perhaps the decline of the Star Wars forums was inevitable, but that was also due to many of the active posters getting banned or leaving forever.

Lord Shadow Z
Right, but that's the problem. There aren't enough new personalities, and that has contributed to less daily posts and topics.

Maybe forums in general haven't declined, but KMC Forums certainly have. Perhaps the decline of the Star Wars forums was inevitable, but that was also due to many of the active posters getting banned or leaving forever.

But thats a product of everyones different situations and reasons for not posting in certain forums.

The Star Wars forums are not as active because there is nothing left to dicuss (the saga is completed) and a EU film project is largely dependant on the actors from the OT( who either would be against it or incapable of returning) so no more films can be made. And, you are going to get the same thing with other franchises when they've run their course, its just the way of things.

If anything blame the movie companies for not making anything new, or making reboots and remakes and prequels which lead to two things that can kill discussion. Firstly it puts people into different camps, it gets tribal and almost no-one is immune to this; and secondly it keeps a insanely popular franchise idling along which goes nowhere but it sucks dry any publicity that a fresher movie project needs.

Nietzschean
I think the reason for lack of posters has to do with too many genre specific forums rather then having a single forum where everyone can come together. If you look at the Movie Forum for example you have the General movie forum but then immediately after you have a list of movie title specific forums like: Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Pirate of the Caribbeans, transformers and so on. Do we honestly need to give each movie an individual forum? erm

The same thing with Star Wars it should all fall under a Sci-Fi General forum and not give it an individual forum. The key is to increase traffic by getting people in one place rather then spread out and making it seem like we have few posters which in turn turns off new comers when it looks sparse.

I think this is the main problem from the Movies, Sci-Fi and the RPG threads you only need one main RPG section for people to post in not individual forums for harry potter RPG, Star Wars RPG and so on.

I think you all get where i am going with this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nietzschean
I think the reason for lack of posters has to do with too many genre specific forums rather then having a single forum where everyone can come together. If you look at the Movie Forum for example you have the General forum but then immediately after you have a list of movie title specific forums like: Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Pirate of the Caribbeans, transformers and so on. Do we honestly need to give each movie an individual forum? erm

The same thing with Star Wars it should all fall under a Sci-Fi General forum and not give it an individual forum. The key is to increase traffic by getting people in one place rather then spread out and making it seem like we have few posters which in turn turns off new comers when it looks sparse.

I think this is the main problem from the Movies, Sci-Fi and the RPG threads you only need one main RPG section for people to post in not individual forums for harry potter RPG, Star Wars RPG and so on.

I think you all get where i am going with this. I agree to this to the nth power. This would bring the board together and get rid of some of the boards which really don't need to stand on their own.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
But thats a product of everyones different situations and reasons for not posting in certain forums.

The Star Wars forums are not as active because there is nothing left to dicuss (the saga is completed) and a EU film project is largely dependant on the actors from the OT( who either would be against it or incapable of returning) so no more films can be made. And, you are going to get the same thing with other franchises when they've run their course, its just the way of things.

If anything blame the movie companies for not making anything new, or making reboots and remakes and prequels which lead to two things that can kill discussion. Firstly it puts people into different camps, it gets tribal and almost no-one is immune to this; and secondly it keeps a insanely popular franchise idling along which goes nowhere but it sucks dry any publicity that a fresher movie project needs.

I agree, there isn't much to discuss nowadays. But that alone shouldn't have caused the mass departure of many regulars, nor the lack of newcomers.

Thank you. This is what I meant when I stated points 3 and 4 in my earlier post.

Nietzschean
I agree to this to the nth power. This would bring the board together and get rid of some of the boards which really don't need to stand on their own. exactly. I mean that is why we have threads, if someone wants to talk about transformers or harry Potter they can make a thread inside the Movie Forum rather then it having a stand alone Harry Potter or Transformers forum.
People do get tired of talking about a single movie and with a thread it can be kicked down and brought back up when need be and allow others to post other movie threads titles to talk about. But, if you give it an individual Forum it has nowhere to go and once people get tired of it they leave and now you have an abandoned forum that depresses and turns off people when they see no one or one or two people talking inside of it.

Those two people could easily be part of a bigger general forums with more traffic and be a voice among many with various different people talking about different movies and not just one movie. hell, putting everyone in one place allows for people to view other threads that they might not normally go looking for and actually post in it.

quanchi112
exactly. I mean that is why we have threads, if someone wants to talk about transformers or harry Potter they can make a thread inside the Movie Forum rather then it having a stand alone Harry Potter or Transformers forum.
People do get tired of talking about a single movie and with a thread it can be kicked down and brought back up when need be and allow others to post other movie threads titles to talk about. But, if you give it an individual Forum it has nowhere to go and once people get tired of it they leave and now you have an abandoned forum that depresses and turns off people when they see no one or one or two people talking inside of it.

Those two people could easily be part of a bigger general forums with more traffic and be a voice among many with various different people talking about different movies and not just one movie. hell, putting everyone in one place allows for people to view other threads that they might not normally go looking for and actually post in it. I knew a constructive conversation could be had while leaving out a poster's personal agenda here. I do agree that these empty boards all merge into one overall movie category.

I also liked the idea of an all versus board which is how most sites do it anyway instead of having varying different vs. sections. Then I know other fellow comic book readers would weigh in on movie battles they are unaware of simply by not seeing them in the movie versus forum.

Nietzschean
I am not a big fan of all versus forums since i have seen what places like comicvine can become and the quality of posters that it attracts. Like someone said earlier Quantity isnt always quality.

I guess with strict moderation it can work but i see moderators having a hard time telling the difference between fanboys, trolls and flamers the idea in itself might also turn off vet posters and have them leave for greener pastures to other sites.

My biggest fear is that this site grows rapidly and turns into a Pg13 disney like forum ala Comicvine with poor subjective moderating of posters or that online gender specific cliques form pushing out certain posters out of some highschool knee jerk reaction response, its a nightmare. *temple rubbing*

quanchi112
I am not a big fan of all versus forums since i have seen what places like comicvine can become and the quality of posters that it attracts. Like someone said earlier Quantity isnt always quality.

I guess with strict moderation it can work but i see moderators having a hard time telling the difference between fanboys, trolls and flamers the idea in itself might also turn off vet posters and have them leave for greener pastures in other forums.

My biggest fear is that this site grows rapidly and turns into a Pg13 disney like forum ala Comicvine with poor subjective moderating of posters. Or that online gender specific cliques form pushing out certain posters, its a nightmare. *temple rubbing* It is hard to find the appropriate balance and no matter what you do you won't please everyone in the end. To me most of the vets that I am familiar with have become more bored with the same matchups anyways and don't debate as ferociously or as passionately as they used to.

inimalist
Right, I understand. However, a larger forum population usually points to a stronger, thriving message board. People want a forum in which if they leave for a day, half the threads will be full of new posts.

sure, but it also points to an almost insurmountable amount of useless fluff

this forum, especially the general discussion forum, attracts a much higher caliber of poster than you see on most public discussion forums. in fact, there is nearly a vetting process for new members, as older members (myself included) do seem to act very skeptical toward new people. I am entirely in favor of this, because it honestly does stop the GDF from being a forum of celebrity gossip or random nonsense. I have found very few places where a thread like mine about Saudi Arabia and Bahrain would attract much attention at all, and it is now several pages.

you might have a point if you are referring to specifically the movie or comic forums, but the GDF here is probably at a good number. Too many people, and it simply will be full of the spam and nonsense one sees in youtube or other comments. It simply invites people who don't have much to say to say it. The way it is now, we have a good number of very intelligent people with various slants and biases, and it is very interesting to see how those play out. I also have a feeling that most of the people I'm talking about would feel the same way, and you would be destroying this awesome population of high quality posters for a large number of uninteresting ones, as I really wouldn't spend much time on a forum full of, to be crass, ignorant children.

Besides, with proper integration, all new users will feel right at home and contribute to the quality discussions we have here.

LOL?

you want to big brother the forums? you want a form of "new member" integration? can those of us with seniority vote on who we let into the tribe? because, I can't think of anything that is going to attract people like moderators holding their hands and easing them into participation , or previous members feeling like they are forced to play with the newcomers...

I think that type of policy would actually kill what the point of a discussion forum is for in the first place. It is a free exchange of ideas and opinions, not a pre-school playground where we want lots of kids running around screaming and having fun.

I guess I don't agree with your premise. More people will not make the caliber of conversation better. For those of us who want to actually discuss important topics, and we don't mind waiting a couple of days for well thought out answers, larger numbers are not going to produce better results, in fact, they will almost certainly ruin what is enjoyable about these forums in the first place.

Korto Vos

I guess with strict moderation it can work but i see moderators having a hard time telling the difference between fanboys, trolls and flamers the idea in itself might also turn off vet posters and have them leave for greener pastures to other sites.

My biggest fear is that this site grows rapidly and turns into a Pg13 disney like forum ala Comicvine with poor subjective moderating of posters or that online gender specific cliques form pushing out certain posters out of some highschool knee jerk reaction response, its a nightmare. *temple rubbing*

I think an All Versus Forum with two sub-forums of Comic Book-specific and Star Wars-specific would be ideal.

This site was much more vibrant and entertaining with more users, even if 'sides'/cliques formed and trolls and flamers were present. I trust the moderators to do their job and members to prevent KMC from turning into a "PG-13 Disney-like forum."

Korto Vos
Originally posted by inimalist
sure, but it also points to an almost insurmountable amount of useless fluff

this forum, especially the general discussion forum, attracts a much higher caliber of poster than you see on most public discussion forums. in fact, there is nearly a vetting process for new members, as older members (myself included) do seem to act very skeptical toward new people. I am entirely in favor of this, because it honestly does stop the GDF from being a forum of celebrity gossip or random nonsense. I have found very few places where a thread like mine about Saudi Arabia and Bahrain would attract much attention at all, and it is now several pages.

you might have a point if you are referring to specifically the movie or comic forums, but the GDF here is probably at a good number. Too many people, and it simply will be full of the spam and nonsense one sees in youtube or other comments. It simply invites people who don't have much to say to say it. The way it is now, we have a good number of very intelligent people with various slants and biases, and it is very interesting to see how those play out. I also have a feeling that most of the people I'm talking about would feel the same way, and you would be destroying this awesome population of high quality posters for a large number of uninteresting ones, as I really wouldn't spend much time on a forum full of, to be crass, ignorant children.

LOL?

you want to big brother the forums? you want a form of "new member" integration? can those of us with seniority vote on who we let into the tribe? because, I can't think of anything that is going to attract people like moderators holding their hands and easing them into participation , or previous members feeling like they are forced to play with the newcomers...

I think that type of policy would actually kill what the point of a discussion forum is for in the first place. It is a free exchange of ideas and opinions, not a pre-school playground where we want lots of kids running around screaming and having fun.

I guess I don't agree with your premise. More people will not make the caliber of conversation better. For those of us who want to actually discuss important topics, and we don't mind waiting a couple of days for well thought out answers, larger numbers are not going to produce better results, in fact, they will almost certainly ruin what is enjoyable about these forums in the first place.

NO, that's not what I meant. When I said "integration," for lack of a better term, I just meant welcoming a new member and "vetting" them, as you mentioned.

Sorry, I did not mean anything "Big Brother"-like at all.

EDIT: What I meant in general is that it's very possible to increase our population while still maintaining high quality. I'm not saying we should a million members like Gaia Online, but we definitely can have a lot more than we have and still maintain the quality here.

Nietzschean
I think an All Versus Forum with two sub-forums of Comic Book-specific and Star Wars-specific would be ideal.

This site was much more vibrant and entertaining with more users, even if 'sides'/cliques formed and trolls and flamers were present. I trust the moderators to do their job and members to prevent KMC from turning into a "PG-13 Disney-like forum." Hopefully they can moderate large numbers of people especially when you have online cliques who form solely to conspire against a single poster b/c they dont like a post and want to get him or her banned. That is what i see in large places like Comicvine it is like Lord of the Flies on redbull.

NO, that's not what I meant. When I said "integration," for lack of a better term, I just meant welcoming a new member and "vetting" them, as you mentioned.

Sorry, I did not mean anything "Big Brother"-like at all.

EDIT: What I meant in general is that it's very possible to increase our population while still maintaining high quality. I'm not saying we should a million members like Gaia Online, but we definitely can have a lot more than we have and still maintain the quality here. I think the easiest thing to begin help increase traffic is to merge the movie forums subsections. The General Fiction and sub forum, Sci-Fi and Star Wars merged into a single Forum.

We can keep and maintain as is the Off Topic, General Discussion and Religion Forums.

Sci-Fi Forum(star wars, star trek, Andromeda.. etc etc)
Movie and T.V. Discussion Forum( all movies).
Anime Forum

vs forum can have subsections
Comic vs forum
Anime vs forum
Movie/Television vs forum
Mix Genre Forum

these are just my thoughts and examples.

Korto Vos
Hopefully they can moderate large numbers of people especially when you have online cliques who form solely to conspire with a single poster b/c they dont like a post and want to get him or her banned. That is what i see in large places like Comicvine it is like Lord of the Flies on redbull.

LOL, your analogies are pretty hilarious. But seriously, that won't happen here. Flamers will get banned, and junior members actually wanting to contribute and be part of this community won't engage in that type of stuff.

That's one way to do it. But ultimately, a forum reorganization is dependent on higher level management, meaning an active administrator with the input of moderators.

Impediment
The All Versus Forum that I have personally proposed needs to be cross genre ONLY.

We already have specific genre versus forums for:

-Comic books
-Anime
-Star Wars
-Movies and telemovies
-Video games

Anything less than cross genre only would ensure mass confusion and chaos. Discussion of the All Versus Forum should be discussed in the apprpriate thread, though. I apologize for my being off topic.

Nietzschean
The All Versus Forum that I have personally proposed needs to be cross genre ONLY.

We already have specific genre versus forums for:

-Comic books
-Anime
-Star Wars
-Movies and telemovies
-Video games

Anything less than cross genre only would ensure mass confusion and chaos. Discussion of the All Versus Forum should be discussed in the apprpriate thread, though. I apologize for my being off topic. And this is how the forum collapses with the cross genre vs forum..

Iqt116mXzNU

Korto Vos
There's no point at the moment to determine a specific forum structure.

Instead, this thread is about the decline of message boards, specifically geared to the decline that this once bustling place enjoyed.

Based on the responses on the first page, and posts by other users that I've seen, there seems to me that there is this acknowledgement that KMC is nearing its end-stage.

It seems evident to me that something must occur to change this mindset. The most obvious reason would be greater activity. So there should be a focus to aim for greater activity.

Nietzschean
There's no point at the moment to determine a specific forum structure.

Instead, this thread is about the decline of message boards, specifically geared to the decline that this once bustling place enjoyed.

Based on the responses on the first page, and posts by other users that I've seen, there seems to me that there is this acknowledgement that KMC is nearing its end-stage.

It seems evident to me that something must occur to change this mindset. The most obvious reason would be greater activity. So there should be a focus to aim for greater activity. what do you suggest, a bunch of random post from members in hopes of attracting visitors?

I like to throw the blame around but I hear that isn't nice. I just checked out the Gaia online and well this site can learn a lot of things from other sites with how to attract members.

Korto Vos
what do you suggest, a bunch of random post from members in hopes of attracting visitors?

I like to throw the blame around but I hear that isn't nice. I just checked out the Gaia online and well this site can learn a lot of things from other sites with how to attract members.

I have already my given my thoughts as to what I think should happen.

Members here have to decide whether they like KMC exactly the way it is now, or rather try a forum reorganization project and a push to attract new membership in the hopes of increasing overall activity.

Nietzschean
I have already my given my thoughts as to what I think should happen.

Members here have to decide whether they like KMC exactly the way it is now, or rather try a forum reorganization project and a push to attract new membership in the hopes of increasing overall activity. Even if the majority wanted to push for a change it wouldn't help because we don't have an active administrator to help start the change, I don't think he be willing to even share admin rights with one or two active global mods..

Korto Vos
Even if the majority wanted to push for a change it wouldn't help because we don't have an active administrator to help start the change, I don't think he be willing to even share admin rights with one or two active global mods..

Right, but that push for an active admin or a global mod depends on the members' drive for a change.

quanchi112
Even if the majority wanted to push for a change it wouldn't help because we don't have an active administrator to help start the change, I don't think he be willing to even share admin rights with one or two active global mods.. Originally posted by Korto Vos
Right, but that push for an active admin or a global mod depends on the members' drive for a change. All of the above of what you two have touched on seems the appropriate answer. If members call for it I do believe it will happen. Some of the mods probably would like to see a change as well and hopefully this topic has started the ball rolling in some manner.

Omega Vision
The only forums that are seriously stale are the General Fiction and RPing forums.

§P0oONY
These forums have seen a decline for a 3 reasons:

1) AWOL Admin
2) Big characters getting banned by trigger happy moderators.
3) Social media like Twitter and Facebook.

1) Quite simply Raz has ****ed off... He hasn't been on these forums in years. (Popping up once a year and making a post or two does not count.) Without forum consolidation posts are spread thinly across the dozens of forums so conversation doesn't occur. Without conversations new members aren't attracted to sign up and post. This = Dead forums.

2) Moderators have banned a number of heavy posting members for minor infringments. These members have been the backbone of the forums for years, and although their rule breaking shouldn't be ignored, banning them has been far more detrimental to the forums than their infringments ever were. Taking out a big character on the forums not only removes them, but anyone who posted because of them. A captain doesn't shoot the crew of a sinking shit... not matter how annoying they might be. This = Dead forums

3) Social media, probably the smallest reason of the 3, but one all the same. A lot of people have simply moved on to a different medium. Things like twitter and facebook will naturally reduce traffic to forums... as they will any site. Simply because a lot of people spend the majority of their online life on these websites. This = Maybe not 'dead forums'... but it didn't help.

Korto Vos
I don't know Raz at all, but is it possible for him to pass the administrator role to someone else (one of our current moderators ), or appoint global moderators who would aim for forum consolidation and other changes?

AsbestosFlaygon

AsbestosFlaygon

leonheartmm
weve all grown up. the last generation found this to be the most fun and exciting use of their time{if they were probe to discussion or debate from comic books vs to philosophy and relegion}. internet speeds were slow, the options on what to do online were limited.

now, between torrents, youtube, twitter, blogging, and trying to make a living while not getting killed, people just cant care about forums.

other reasons:

people got tired of debating in circles and never came back

the mods were often assholes and didnt care which side was right or wrong in issuing warnings and ban

people had kids

people{who were once teens} are now adults and have a life to live and work

"killermovies" isnt exactly a name that attracts people. infact, if its werent for the comic book vs forums, i would have never cared to check out this place at all or thought that it had the kind of variety of debate and richness that it did.

its also something to consider that idiotic debating tactics and the generally americ0-centric/christian centric worldview of many posters has put others off from having a prodctive debate

flame wars

in essence, its the putting off and leaving of oldies in conjunction with the disability to attract new poeple.

Korto Vos
Well, we've discussed this matter thoroughly enough.

If there will be any action, members have to agree to it and decide what to do next.

quanchi112
Well, we've discussed this matter thoroughly enough.

If there will be any action, members have to agree to it and decide what to do next. I wonder if pming the admin would work if say various posters did so.

Korto Vos
It would have to be mods or long-term active members communicating then, as they have the most 'authority'. And if the admin isn't active here, then it would have to be sent via email or something, idk.

Ushgarak
Just so you're not thinking it is all ignored, pretty much every suggestion in here has been communicated to Raz over time.

It just has to be accepted he is a busy guy these days and make the best of what we have. I came here to talk Star Wars and set up and run the RPing area. Until the tv series comes, the first is in a quiet phase but my RPing is going as much as it ever did, so for me it's all good. If it's not good for you, then I'm sorry! But there's not much to be done, really.

If Raz does get the time to apply his full attention here, then all the suggestions about merging and transfers of power are already made. If he doesn't, then it doesn't matter what is suggested.

One way or another, the issue is not that no-one has had any ideas. But then, I don't really see a massive problem. Does this place have to be busy and huge? If it is a relic of another time, so what? I'll hang out in the relic.

(Speaking here pretty much as the poster with the longest clocked in time who is still active).

In the end... if you have suggestions, all you can do is put them in the Suggestion Thread. If you think that place is no good, then I am afraid you are fairly much out of options. There is no viable alternative route.

Symmetric Chaos
What does Raz do that keeps him so busy?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by leonheartmm

its also something to consider that idiotic debating tactics and the generally americ0-centric/christian centric worldview of many posters has put others off from having a prodctive debate

I'd say there are just as many outspoken Atheists on this forum as there are outspoken Christians.

guy222
i'll always be here

its fun

don't let the sillyness bother me

too grown for that

inimalist
Originally posted by guy222
i'll always be here

Lord Shadow Z
I think another reason, from the KMC perspective is that other film sites are fortunate to have monthly magazines, bursting with content and information, which they then can invite you to their forums and it all goes from there really. I mean, thats where all the big reveals happen movie-wise so thats where people go and their forums increase because of that.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by guy222
i'll always be here
Same here.

I dunno why, but for some reason this is one of the forums I still frequent the most.

socool8520
Okay, coming back and seeing this decline, here's what I would suggest. Mind you, I'm not very knowledgeable about how to market a forum, but here are my thoughts:

1. Change the name. Killermovies Community Forum isn't a name that will attract new viewers. Another reason is that this forum has moved beyond discussions of "killer movies." We have tremendous diversity here, including an active Comic Books section, Sports, Role Playing, and even a Philosophy and Religion Forum.

Agreed. The name is misleading. Had I not clicked on when it came as a reference from google on a character I was trying to learn more about (I love those respect threads b the way), I would have never though it was anything more than a movie discussion site. I have still yet to even post on a movie forum on this site. lol I also happen to like the overall caliber of posters on this site compared to CBR. I haven't made any personal friends, but I do respect alot more of KMC posters' opinions than on other sites.

Quark_666
Originally posted by socool8520
lol I also happen to like the overall caliber of posters on this site Here here.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Quark_666
Here here. yaa its ded gud.

CloverQuick
This is one of the livelier boards I have seen - when I was looking for a message board that had not been taken over by trolls - I found message board after message board that was basically doa.

I don't know where people are going unless it's over to Facebook and Twitter. Personally I do not care for Facebook - I find it far too invasive.

Quark_666
Invasive? Try boring.

CloverQuick
LOL! That too!

Arpie
I ended up here doing a g-search on the decline of message boards. Should have looked around more b4 registering. Duh, somehow I thought the name was like... just symbolic?? I am mostly interested in science discussions, but did enjoy a thread about best movies on Secular Cafe, one of the sites I visit, so since I've logged in maybe I'll look around a bit.

Will have to read all the replies here before expiating on my own observations about message board decline. I have been thinking and posting about it for many months now, and observed it on all the sites I frequent. One thing I will mention-and apologies if this has been covered-is that I believe part of the problem is the declining costs for starting a new site. It has engendered a lot splits by those unhappy with how certain sites are moderated. I've witnessed this trend increasing over the last year or two. More when I'm up to date.

Lord Lucien
lol at "g-search".

Arpie
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
lol at "g-search".

Glad ya liked it. I coin a lot of my own shorthand, like 'eddress'. Not very in synch with the millennials though, being a pre-boomer, and I sense they rule here so I doubt I'll stick around unless somebody is left here who has anything interesting to say about the rapid decline of boards. Most of the replies I've read itt read like tweets, a trend I see growing in most places. sad

jaden101
I can't speak for other forums as this is the only one I'm not partially active on but this forum is at least partially to blame for it's diminishing activity outside of the comic forums. Many very active members were banned permanently for arguing with moderators. Heavy handed moderation is, from where I'm sitting, at least equally responsible as any other factor. Although I'm obviously not privvy to the entire details it just seems that regular members drop off the face of the earth then you'll check their profile and see at the bottom they've been banned permanently with usually a 1 word explanation as to why.

It also doesn't help this board that the vBulletin that it runs on is pretty useless when browsing on a mobile device unlike many more updated forums which can run on mobile forum reader apps such as tapatalk.

It also doesn't help that the mods are having to fire fight against constant spamming without sufficient powers to combat it with more permanent solutions than banning individual accounts.

Then there's the fact that the generation of young people coming through their teens now seem far more interested in their own opinions than those of others and so will spend their time putting out worthless drivel on twitter and facebook thinking that other people give a shit about anything they have to say.

But then again, I'm an old grumpy bastard so what do I know?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by jaden101
Heavy handed moderation is, from where I'm sitting, at least equally responsible as any other factor. Our telescreens have detected criticism of the administration. You have hurt our fragile egos, Jaden. Contrary opinions will not be tolerated. Prepare for imminent ban.

jaden101
The banned are liquidized and fed intravenously to the active.

Arpie
Thanks for the reply Jaden. I was born in Philly and grew up just across the bridge in Jersey. Good place to be from.

It's tempting to blame moderation for a site's demise, and for sure that is often a contributing factor. But at the site where I've spent most of my time since '09-TalkRational-if anything it appears to be a near total LACK of any moderation that has driven many away. Sadly once a board gets a rep for no rules it attracts outlaws and before you know it you have a digital lord of the flies happening.

I believe the decline of MB's is owing more to cultural shifts and social networking than anything else. Doubt it's just a coincidence that it is happening in conjunction with 400 million tweets a day and Facebook going mega-global.

As to vBullitin, Talk Rational and several other sites I frequent use it and all can accept tapatalk. This site must use an earlier version. Ironically, I think the way more people are using mobiles online is a huge contributing factor to the MB decline. Perhaps a breakthrough in the long awaited voice recognition software is the only thing that might save them.

jaden101
Yeah I'm sure a lack of moderation would result in masses of poor content that can ruin a board.

I'm not from Philly, by the way. Fat Albert is though...I'm from Scotland...I should probably get around to changing my avatar etc...I think I've only changed once in 8 years.

You'll find some science discussion on the boards in the general discussion forum...A few members have more than a passing interest in various fields...Mostly physics.

The place could use with decent contributors, if you have the time. I don't, unfortunately. I used to but I can go spells of weeks or months without posting because I often totally forget the place exists.

Digi
Lol @ the bump.

The site would need a full-scale revamp. If the main page isn't attracting new audiences, the forums will slowly dwindle, as we've seen.

It seems like the news aggregator still functions on the main site, but many elements are hilariously out of date.

On moderation: One, yeah, Raz would need to be around more. And we'd need almost a full rotation of new mods. The number of mods that aren't active or are barely active is laughable. Mods do help forums. Trolls/spam/ads would overrun this place otherwise. But it's just plain dumb to ask people to do the same modding job for upwards of a decade without regularly infusing them with new help to replace long-gone members.

Case in point: I volunteered to be demoted. I'm not nearly as active as I once was. But it was with the stipulation that new mods be brought on and/or a new comic global be promoted. Neither happened, so our modding abilities are nerfed considerably.

Raz is probably a decent enough guy, and I can't be mad at a site that's been so cool for many years. But the general apathy toward KMC means it's never going back uphill.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Digi
On moderation: One, yeah, Raz would need to be around more. And we'd need almost a full rotation of new mods. The number of mods that aren't active or are barely active is laughable. Mods do help forums. Trolls/spam/ads would overrun this place otherwise. But it's just plain dumb to ask people to do the same modding job for upwards of a decade without regularly infusing them with new help to replace long-gone members.

Once upon a time, I was going to buy the site from Raz. Seems like a lost cause, at this point.

One thing I was going to do, had I gone through with it, was do income sharing with the moderation staff. A paid moderation staff sometimes makes a happy and active moderation staff.

It seems like Ushgarak is the only global active across all forums on KMC. That's a lot of work, for one person, if he's doing without any pay.

Newjak
Lol @ the bump.

The site would need a full-scale revamp. If the main page isn't attracting new audiences, the forums will slowly dwindle, as we've seen.

It seems like the news aggregator still functions on the main site, but many elements are hilariously out of date.

Case in point: I volunteered to be demoted. I'm not nearly as active as I once was. But it was with the stipulation that new mods be brought on and/or a new comic global be promoted. Neither happened, so our modding abilities are nerfed considerably.

Raz is probably a decent enough guy, and I can't be mad at a site that's been so cool for many years. But the general apathy toward KMC means it's never going back uphill. I got promoted to modship

Everything else you mentioned is true though. This site is so out of date it isn't even funny. I hate to say it but everything is going mobile in some form for fashion. People want quick access with ability to generate quick easy message and feedback on a subject. People sitting down on message boards and typing out long responses is probably not how most users care to interact online anymore.

Adding some kind of social media backing would be crucial to KMC surviving along with getting moderation back up to being highly active.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Newjak
I got promoted to modship

Awww snap. Now we can't argue anymore. sad

Edit - We have had this conversation before...but others don't know.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by dadudemon
Once upon a time, I was going to buy the site from Raz.

lol what ridiculous rubbish.

Arpie
Welp, I'm glad to see this topic has been revived, and thanks to all for the input. WRT using tapatalk, I think that would dramatically enhance your member input, and as I've mentioned earlier I know for a fact it is available on some versions of vBul.

I tend to evaluate most things quantitatively, and the first anomaly I noted on arrival here was the huge gap between the total membership and the number of users logged in compared to guests. Never in my limited experience have I seen such a disparity as exists here.

I think updating your vBul to a version that accepts tapatalk would do wonders for the activity level here. I believe your audience-based on the content of the forums-is far younger than most of the sites an old timer like myself usually visits, and are following the discussions via mobiles. (cont. below. I will say here 1k limit doesn't work for me. I'm used to 3 times that. Just sayin.)

Oliver North
what we need is some internet equivalent of squatters rights...

Arpie
I'm still trying to analyze the increasing decline in MB's, and looking for answers. But for KMC, where you see 500 guests yet only 40-50 logged in, you clearly need to make some server changes. On most sites the ratio is about 4 to 1, guests to users, while here it's more like 10 to 1. The aughts are over and in the teens it's all posting on the move. Time to hit the road, Jack.

While bringing in the mobiles might help a lot at KMC, even the sites that already do so are in rapid decline these days so any suggestions on that would be appreciated. Sorry for being so long winded. Character limits are a big part of why I'll never be a tweeter. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oliver North
Originally posted by Arpie
On most sites the ratio is about 4 to 1, guests to users, while here it's more like 10 to 1.

I'd imagine that is a result of the comic forums, especially the Respect forum, which I believe is considered among the best on the net.

Digi
Originally posted by Newjak
I got promoted to modship

You're the lone exception. But the bigger issue, sadly, was that I got demoted without a new global coming in. Have you seen the ban requests that go unheeded these days? Yeah.

Originally posted by Oliver North
what we need is some internet equivalent of squatters rights...

thumb up

Originally posted by Oliver North
I'd imagine that is a result of the comic forums, especially the Respect forum, which I believe is considered among the best on the net.

As far as I can tell, it still is. Probably my best lasting contribution to the forums (seriously, I don't take credit for much because I didn't do anything that others wouldn't have, but that forum exists solely because I campaigned for it very thoroughly to the other mods).

But even that's in jeopardy, because the editing limits on posts make it impossible to fix dead links a lot of times without remaking the threads entirely.

Oliver North
As far as I can tell, it still is. Probably my best lasting contribution to the forums (seriously, I don't take credit for much because I didn't do anything that others wouldn't have, but that forum exists solely because I campaigned for it very thoroughly to the other mods).

But even that's in jeopardy, because the editing limits on posts make it impossible to fix dead links a lot of times without remaking the threads entirely.

I talked with pr about this not too long ago when they were looking for input on updating the forums. removing editing limits and being able to lock or remove other spam/trolling (seriously, people debating feats in the freaking respect threads...) seemed to be absolutely necessary for it to survive. I mean, I've got my Man-Thing thread which is terribly outdated and would need a complete overhaul, not even for the links, but just to keep it in a readable format (keep feats of type X together, general aesthetic). I've got a list of maybe a dozen characters I'd love to do threads for, but given the time I'd want to put into it to make them good threads, it really isn't worth it. pr was saying similar things (to be fair, so were many other users), though, I don't think anything ever came of it.

big ups though, I never realized that was your baby big grin

Digi
Gracias. That and helping to standardize many of the processes for comic tourneys are my two real contributions (though the latter was only relevant for a time, what with tourneys being largely dead and buried these days). Still, it's something.

I actually had other sweeping ideas for the comic forums once upon a time, but I think the repsect forum was the only one that got implemented.

Oliver North
Its sort of unfortunate. afaik the comic forums are the most active on the site, and are really only being held back by the fact Raz isn't around to implement any needed changes. Hell, even a name change... how popular are the movie forums at this point?

(though, I suspect that would cause lots of problems with web addresses and what not)

dadudemon
Originally posted by focus4chumps
lol what ridiculous rubbish.

Do you want me to still purchase it, or something?

Digi
Well, that's the website revamp I mentioned. If the "movie" site KMC is would get move past, say 2002, it could draw traffic regularly that would eventually re-infuse the forums. But the forums alone - and the traffic they bring - won't sustain anything. Even a somewhat self-sufficient community like the comic boards.

All in the abstract now, though. Talking about changes is just intellectual masturbation at this point. The options are clear. Enjoy the remainder of KMC as-is, find a new board to frequent, or stop entirely. It's quite obvious that there will be no overhaul.

focus4chumps
Do you want me to still purchase it, or something?

do you suspect anyone here believes your fantasies?

jaden101

I tend to evaluate most things quantitatively, and the first anomaly I noted on arrival here was the huge gap between the total membership and the number of users logged in compared to guests. Never in my limited experience have I seen such a disparity as exists here.

2 things generated a lot of traffic back in the day...George W Bush and the Iraq war was a massive topic....But the biggest generator of traffic, so far as I remember, was the run up to Star Wars ep 3...Being a movie forum, there was a lot of content being put up here that a lot of people wanted to see. I'd hope that the new films will generate an equally large amount of traffic that will then spill over into the other forums.

The topics need a massive overhaul as well...Too many main forums that have no traffic because nothing is happening on those front.

There seems to have also been some kind of massive error with the foreign films forum.

Either it needs the mods having powers to make those changes or an active admin which we don't have.

dadudemon

What fantasies? You're being weirdly ambiguous.

Digi
Originally posted by jaden101
The topics need a massive overhaul as well...Too many main forums that have no traffic because nothing is happening on those front.

There seems to have also been some kind of massive error with the foreign films forum.

Either it needs the mods having powers to make those changes or an active admin which we don't have.

All in the abstract now, though. Talking about changes is just intellectual masturbation at this point. The options are clear. Enjoy the remainder of KMC as-is, find a new board to frequent, or stop entirely. It's quite obvious that there will be no overhaul.

Arpie
Originally posted by jaden101 The topics need a massive overhaul as well...Too many main forums that have no traffic because nothing is happening on those front.

Even as a newbie I would affirm there are way too many topics here. On another site I suggested they lump more of the forums together so when people look in it doesn't give the appearance of a ghost site with so many forums showing that the last reply was days or weeks ago. It helped some, but as I've said you're up against a growing downturn in MB's in general. So the larger question that remains, is why. confused

Oliver North
So the larger question that remains, is why. confused

you don't understand why message boards are becoming less popular?

rudester
because more and more cool hip websites are being built everyday...now you can make your own.

Arpie
Originally posted by rudester
because more and more cool hip websites are being built everyday...now you can make your own.

Yup, your own private echo chamber. As I said in my first post here I think that's part of the problem. sad

@Ollie: Well, I can see a lot of reasons for the decline, but remain unsure about the primary driving force. It is happening so quickly over the last 2 years it's hard to pin down.

Let me try asking 2 questions for any who read this thread. Are YOU spending less time on boards now than you were a year ago, and if so why?? Also, are you spending more time on social networks??

Impediment
I like to believe that I'm the most active moderator on this board.

The Movie forum, Movie Versus Forum, Anime Versus, and All Versus Forum are pretty much my only active places; all others are as dead as Heath Ledger.

My job allows me to have a lot of down time while working on the oil field/pipe line and I can just use my iPhone to log onto KMC several times a day to participate and moderate.

It's easy enough to ban spammers, bots, and trolls, but it's very infuriating not being able to ban people who are past two weeks of membership and not seeing them banned, despite ban requests.

Digi is absolutely right about Ushgarak. He's pretty much THE only active global mod and his work load is becoming overwhelming with so much pile up and clutter.

KMC needs a 100% overhaul of forum space, topics, and moderator staff. I try to help out as much as I can, but I'm just a local mod. We desperately could use more help.

I believe that while KMC's traffic is stagnant at at a snail's crawl, it is not truly dead. We just need Raz to come back and either get in gear to shake up the boards, or pass the torch over.

jaden101
So the larger question that remains, is why. confused

It may be that the number of active users on message boards is stable or increasing but the message boards themselves are just so numerous that the membership is spread thin. Many are for extremely specific topics and have low numbers of dedicated users.

Like I said, I think an increasing number of people are only interested in projecting their own vapid opinions hence the popularity of twitter, blogs, instagram etc. There is no need to engage in discussion like their is on message boards. People chasing fame in the age of the internet celebrity.

Pathetic really.

you get thorns

I fantasize about large women in labcoats wanting to touch my private places.

mhmamr
I agree with the idea of a name change. This forum really has little to do with the actual killer movies website.

dadudemon
Posting in the relevant thread to not derail another. This is a reply to focus about why purchasing KMC is a fantasy/lie (because we want to improve the place, not let it decline).

Okay...whatever.

So why is it a lie instead of a fantasy?

quanchi112
I would be interested in seeing some accounts given another chance through a probationary period type thing.

focus4chumps
Posting in the relevant thread to not derail another. This is a reply to focus about why purchasing KMC is a fantasy/lie (because we want to improve the place, not let it decline).

you misunderstood.

by "fantasy" i was referring to the part of your story about you having been in contact with raz and making an offer of $20,000.

true story. tell them ddm.

dadudemon
you misunderstood.

by "fantasy" i was referring to the part of your story about you having been in contact with raz and making an offer of $20,000.

I did not misunderstand, at all: I knew what you meant.

Again, I ask: why is that fantasy?

Stoic
I found that shock value helps to keep people to continue going back for more.

http://www.crazyshit.com/?show=5

focus4chumps
I did not misunderstand, at all: I knew what you meant.

Again, I ask: why is that fantasy?

laughing out loud

dadudemon
laughing out loud

I'm just curious as to why you think it is a fantasy. That's all. What about it is "fantasy"?

BackFire
I have to admit, the idea of you getting in touch with Raz is pretty difficult to believe at this point in time, since over the last two years no one seems to have been able to get in touch with him. The guy's a ghost.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire
I have to admit, the idea of you getting in touch with Raz is pretty difficult to believe at this point in time, since over the last two years no one seems to have been able to get in touch with him. The guy's a ghost.

Is that what he's (focus) on about? It is difficult to wade through what agenda focus is pushing when he won't explain what he means by "fantasy." I half-suspect it is him just waiting for me to post a specific set of words that he saved up a zinger for. Yes, I'm probably being paranoid.

focus4chumps
whats with the clarification questions? you're acting like i vaguely implied something. i called your story a flat-out fantasy.

maybe if i just say "you're lying"?

ok fine: you're lying.

dadudemon
whats with the clarification questions? you're acting like i vaguely implied something. i called your story a flat-out fantasy.

maybe if i just say "you're lying"?

ok fine: you're lying.

Still dancing. It's the same statement with different words.

Lying about what?

focus4chumps

Lying about what?
the part of your story about you having been in contact with raz and making an offer of $20,000.

smile

dadudemon
smile

Yeeeeaaaaaaah, I never said I got into contact with Raz and made an offer.

So that's it? That's what had your jimmies rustled or is it the 20k part?

focus4chumps
i get it. you're embarrassed and regret that you confessed your silliness and are now attempting word games to prove that you didnt.

dadudemon
i get it. you're embarrassed and regret that you confessed your silliness and are now attempting word games to prove that you didnt.

No, I'm not embarrassed, at all. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. I never once said I contacted Raz or anything like that.

focus4chumps
of course you didnt. smile

must have been another dadudemon. smile

dadudemon
of course you didnt. smile

must have been another dadudemon. smile

So that's it? lol I didn't think it would just be you making shit up, again.

But, feel free to quote (or even a third party witness) where I said I contacted him with an offer.

focus4chumps
Once upon a time, I was going to buy the site from Raz.

clowning

Sadako of Girth
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12903514&highlight=buying+kmc#post12903514

I plan on buying the site when it's less than 20K in value. awesome So all of those things may come true... awesome

dadudemon
clowning

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12903514&highlight=buying+kmc#post12903514

smile

No where does it state that I contacted Raz or made an offer.

It is at this point that I would expect a decent person to apologize for being wrong. focus, where is my apology for your falsehoods?

focus4chumps
obvious to all but you, its was clearly implied when you said "I was going to buy the site from Raz."

well maybe we should drop it.

i think you've suffered enough embarrassment.

no need for all-out cruelty.

dadudemon
obvious to all but you, its was clearly implied when you said "I was going to buy the site from Raz."

well maybe we should drop it.

i think you've suffered enough embarrassment.

no need for all-out cruelty.

Let's pretend your atrocious logic is true, for a moment. Do you expect, "OMG! I am soooo embarrassed about contacting Raz to make an offer because the site is falling to shit. sad" Why is that embarrassing again? laughing Do you even understand your own bullshit?

I assure you, there is nothing embarrassing about anything I stated or what you fantasize about me doing.

I highly recommend you take both logic and discrete math at a reputable college. You'll then realize why you fail so horribly at this thing you think is "argumentation."

Sadako of Girth
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blahblah blahblahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahhhh blahblah blah blahhhhh blahblahh blah blah blah blah blah blah

http://www.3dmojo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/egg_on_the_face.jpg

You want bacon with those? Some sausages perhaps?
Only yoking. smokin'

dadudemon
http://www.3dmojo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/egg_on_the_face.jpg

You want bacon with those? Some sausages perhaps?
Only yoking. smokin'

You get an A for going through all that trouble to replace my post with nothing but "blah"s. That's some respectable dedication. thumb up

Sadako of Girth
It was eggstremely easy. Copy and paste...up levels of truth and relevancy, et voila...
Blah blahs...What you said.... Its all semantics.

smile

dadudemon
It was eggstremely easy. Copy and paste...up levels of truth and relevancy, et voila...

smile

I wouldn't say it was over-easy. 131

Sadako of Girth
/\
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AAvWJinc_rc/UZ-xpjvKBHI/AAAAAAAABTE/b3ZOIqaqUi8/s1600/egg+on+face.jpg

I was eggstatic at how easy it was, actually.

Shell worth it.

Oliver North
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GiaOnmN-HPs/T4HBVR5lbkI/AAAAAAAAAvM/a8y6TSTLJhI/s320/Princess_Andria_Blog_-Eggsecute_Pokemon-.gif

OcEdeMarFQk

focus4chumps

smile

eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly eggsactly

:edit: sorry. that was eggscruciatingly rotten of me.

Sadako of Girth
You can't make an omelette without breaking a few balls.

quanchi112
Let's pretend your atrocious logic is true, for a moment. Do you expect, "OMG! I am soooo embarrassed about contacting Raz to make an offer because the site is falling to shit. sad" Why is that embarrassing again? laughing Do you even understand your own bullshit?

I assure you, there is nothing embarrassing about anything I stated or what you fantasize about me doing.

I highly recommend you take both logic and discrete math at a reputable college. You'll then realize why you fail so horribly at this thing you think is "argumentation." laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.