The True Darkseid vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
I keep hearing about the true Darkseid and I would love to see some fts. From what I hear, he is abstract so with that said, can he take out Thanos?

tsscls
Originally posted by carver9
I keep hearing about the true Darkseid and I would love to see some fts. From what I hear, he is abstract so with that said, can he take out Thanos?

Why couldn't he?

tsscls
GDS DS vs. current Thanos?

JakeTheBank

Have you read Final Crisis, Carv?

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Have you read Final Crisis, Carv?

Just a lil... didnt really care for it. I like Darkseid the way he has always been portrayed. They were trying to make him into a horror movie. Didnt like that. Thats why I am asking for fts since I didnt read much of it.

JakeTheBank
Just a lil... didnt really care for it. I like Darkseid the way he has always been portrayed. They were trying to make him into a horror movie. Didnt like that. Thats why I am asking for fts since I didnt read much of it.

Well, the whole point of making Darkseid like a "horror movie" is because he's essentially the ultimate evil in the universe. If you're looking for combat related feats, he doesn't really have them outside of just being, which was the whole point.

He beats Thanos.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

iceman24567
Darkseid

Bentley
Thanos has no answer for the Omega Sanction.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Thanos has no answer for the Omega Sanction. Thanos is immune to death.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well, the whole point of making Darkseid like a "horror movie" is because he's essentially the ultimate evil in the universe. If you're looking for combat related feats, he doesn't really have them outside of just being, which was the whole point.

He beats Thanos.

How does he beat Thanos as a singularity? I would love to hear about this... Thanos wrecks normal DS.. FC DS didn't even have a physical form.. yet he wins.. even though he performed NO combat feats. We know there was this internet rumor he was multiversal, yet anybody who has read the story without goggles knows he did nothing multiversal.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
How does he beat Thanos as a singularity? I would love to hear about this... Thanos wrecks normal DS.. FC DS didn't even have a physical form.. yet he wins.. even though he performed NO combat feats. We know there was this internet rumor he was multiversal, yet anybody who has read the story without goggles knows he did nothing multiversal.

I'm far from a DC/Darkseid fanboy, but the whole point behind Final Crisis and Darkseid's "true" form was that he was the emodiment of evil whose mere presence was damaging reality as he fell. Morrison's intent was clear to me and when you have characters with feats such as this, you really don't need combat feats in the typical sense to be able to put two and two together to get four.

Conversely, how does Thanos beat Darkseid here?

leonidas
Morrison's intent was clear to me

yep. people who don't see this as being the case will say ds loses or resort to asking for feats that do not exist.

you believe it, or you don't. it's not a good thread because one side has no chance of changing the minds of the other side. erm

JakeTheBank
Pretty much.

Personally, it took me several reads to "get" Final Crisis, but I understand what his intent was.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos is immune to death.

Omega Sanction won't kill him. He still has no answer to it.

the ninjak
Thanos pulls off a shock win.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm far from a DC/Darkseid fanboy, but the whole point behind Final Crisis and Darkseid's "true" form was that he was the emodiment of evil whose mere presence was damaging reality as he fell. Morrison's intent was clear to me and when you have characters with feats such as this, you really don't need combat feats in the typical sense to be able to put two and two together to get four.

Conversely, how does Thanos beat Darkseid here?

Im unclear on ur stance.... i agree with ur take on what morrison viewed DS as... what im unclear on is if u believe he pulled off any multiversal feats? im wondering if u realize he couldnt have done all the damage he did without a powerup?

Omega Vision
Im unclear on ur stance.... i agree with ur take on what morrison viewed DS as... what im unclear on is if u believe he pulled off any multiversal feats? im wondering if u realize he couldnt have done all the damage he did without a powerup?
You've tried to argue it was the ALE many times.

You've never made a convincing case for it.

Don't belabor it, KT. It's not charming.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's already BEEN PROVEN and STATED ON PANEL Omega... Because you choose to ignore doesn't make it go away.. Me and Onedumb both argued the point that there was NO counter for... It was stated ON PANEL.. DS was able to win the war in heaven because he had the ALE... Yes or no? The war in heaven cracked time and space not DS power.. Yes or no? ALE being broadcast further cracked time and space... Yes or No? This crack in time and space is why DC fell to a place he didn't belong.. Yes or No? None of this was his plan to die and fall nor was it to crack time and space.. Yes or no? You know the answers to all this because it was STATED ON PANEL. There is no disputing it.. So.. are you disagreeing with the on panel statements saying this exactly?

Omega Vision
It's already BEEN PROVEN and STATED ON PANEL Omega... Because you choose to ignore doesn't make it go away.. Me and Onedumb both argued the point that there was NO counter for... It was stated ON PANEL.. DS was able to win the war in heaven because he had the ALE... Yes or no? The war in heaven cracked time and space not DS power.. Yes or no? ALE being broadcast further cracked time and space... Yes or No? This crack in time and space is why DC fell to a place he didn't belong.. Yes or No? None of this was his plan to die and fall nor was it to crack time and space.. Yes or no? You know the answers to all this because it was STATED ON PANEL. There is no disputing it.. So.. are you disagreeing with the on panel statements saying this exactly?
Him winning the War in Heaven was not the cause of Heaven shattering lol.

The Multiverse was collapsing because Darkseid was killed in final combat by Orion but refused to allow himself to die. He was holding onto reality and clawing at it, dragging everything down with him.

The ALE had no part in that.

This 'its already proven' bullshit is just pathetic.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Notice how you didn't answer ANY of the questions... wonder why.. because you KNOW it was all true and stated on panel... Tell me something... How was DS able to fall and then drag down the multiverse beause he fell to a place he didn't belong... Answer the question Omega.. HOW WAS HE ABLE TO FALL? Because space and time was cracked true or not? Now what cracked time and space? Did I miss DS waving his hand or excerting his power cracking time and space which allowed him to fall.. if you have ANY proof of that please by all means.. post it.. What we know and what was stated ON PANEL was the The war in heaven cracked space and time.. the ALE being broadcast further cracked time and space.. which is how he was able to fall through.. now if you have ANY proof that DS or anything cracked time or space please post it. Problem is, you don't.

King Kandy
Notice how you didn't answer ANY of the questions... wonder why.. because you KNOW it was all true and stated on panel... Tell me something... How was DS able to fall and then drag down the multiverse beause he fell to a place he didn't belong... Answer the question Omega.. HOW WAS HE ABLE TO FALL? Because space and time was cracked true or not? Now what cracked time and space? Did I miss DS waving his hand or excerting his power cracking time and space which allowed him to fall.. if you have ANY proof of that please by all means.. post it.. What we know and what was stated ON PANEL was the The war in heaven cracked space and time.. the ALE being broadcast further cracked time and space.. which is how he was able to fall through.. now if you have ANY proof that DS or anything cracked time or space please post it. Problem is, you don't.
If those things are really on panel, post scans.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Omega Sanction won't kill him. He still has no answer to it. Teleportation.

Black bolt z
Thanos is immune to death. The Omega sanction isn't going to kill him. Just give DS the win.
Teleportation. Its not going to BFR him. Its going to erase him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by King Kandy
If those things are really on panel, post scans.

Don't have the scans nor a scanner.. We've all read the comics who are discussing it and seen the scans.. He doesn't deny it because it was stated on panel. He just doesn't like what was stated because he prefers to believe big evil DS waved his hand and cracked time and space and effected the multiverse under his own power.. Shoot he even wants to believe DS didnt win the war because of the ALE even though it was made clear

Omega Vision
Don't have the scans nor a scanner.. We've all read the comics who are discussing it and seen the scans.. He doesn't deny it because it was stated on panel. He just doesn't like what was stated because he prefers to believe big evil DS waved his hand and cracked time and space and effected the multiverse under his own power.. Shoot he even wants to believe DS didnt win the war because of the ALE even though it was made clear
Lulz.

I never said DS won the WIH without the ALE, are you an idiot?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
The Omega sanction isn't going to kill him. Just give DS the win.
Its not going to BFR him. Its going to erase him. It can't erase him since he's immune to death.

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas
yep. people who don't see this as being the case will say ds loses or resort to asking for feats that do not exist.

you believe it, or you don't. it's not a good thread because one side has no chance of changing the minds of the other side. erm

thumb up

King Kandy
I read FC and didn't understand the story much (don't read DC). So someone clearing this up for me with on-panel evidence would be helpful.

OneDumbG0
This thread is dumb. Basically, amped ALE Darkseid vs. normal Thanos. Bout as dumb as amped THOTU Thanos vs. normal Darkseid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.