Kit Fisto & Ki-Adi-Mundi Run the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
All characters are at their peak unless stated otherwise. 30 minutes of rest in between each fight. How far do they make it?

1) Asajj Ventress

2) General Grevious & 2 Magnaguards

3) Saesee Tiin & Plo Koon

4) Galen Marek (Sith)

5) Count Dooku

Stealth Moose
Ventress floors Fisto in seconds via ambush, then destroys Ki-Adi-Mundi.

Reroll?

Korto Vos
Via ambush?

I imagine this to be an arena. Ventress steps out in one end. Fisto and Mundi on the other.

If you consider Grievous-fighting Fisto, and add Mundi, I'd say they could squeeze by Ventress. Very difficult to say.

And two seriously depends on what incarnation of Grievous. Battle of Hypori Grievous with the help of two Magna-Guards would win. The Grievous that Fisto fought, hmm, different story. I see Mundi fighting off two Magna-Guards, but I wonder what would have happened with Fisto v. Grievous.

Let's say by miracle they win two. Anyway, I don't see Tiin as very strong. Plo, however, is. I see Fisto fighting off Koon while Mundi dispatches Tiin. Even then, it would be close, but I see the pair squeezing by this as they would against Ventress.

They easily lose at 4.

Stealth Moose
Well, considering Ventress appeared before Fisto in the Cetus Deception and subsequently disabled him in mere seconds, my opinion on Fisto's capabilities against her aren't high. Ventress in the novels has some very high showings, routinely killing Jedi Knights and Masters, and proving to be difficult for even Obi-Wan and Anakin to kill solo. And I don't consider Mundi battle-savvy enough to tip the balance.

thrawn95
I think they loose at 4 I think ventress would be able to hold her own for a while but would eventually lose. The next two is Fistos style of fighting at its best. He is known for being able to handel multiple opponets very well.

truejedi
then agin, CW Kenobi sometimes handles Assajji with ease.... strange how that works. I think the biggest challenge here is Galen... and if they can get him in a saber battle, they might just win. (Galen has very few saber accolades to his name)

Korto Vos
Honestly, they could lose at any stage here.

Harbinger
Tempted to say that they stop at Grievous + 2 Magnaguards, but Fisto's tooling of the general gives me pause.

I'll say they die at 4.

Jinsoku Takai
If they DO somehow manage to make it past SK/GM, then Dooku ends their little run in short order. Dooku will not be overcome in either sabers OR Force usage, whereas SK m i g h t be overcome in sabers.

Stealth Moose
Ki Adi Mundi couldn't beat Grievous with several Jedi before. How is having a singular Kit Fisto going to tip the balance?

I still argue that Ventress can win 4/10 times in a neutral setting against the duo. Grievous and his magnaguards would be another story. Grievous is too much for Mundi, and Kit Fisto, while seemingly having an edge, didn't conclusively kill Grievous either. And he wasn't mentioned by Mace Windu as being someone who definitely could, so I'm chalking up his solo experience to good fortune and Grievous underestimating his foe.

Korto Vos
Yeah, they defeat Ventress 6/10. But lose the majority to Grievous and company.

Stop at 2.

Gauntlet over.

Q99
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Ki Adi Mundi couldn't beat Grievous with several Jedi before. How is having a singular Kit Fisto going to tip the balance?

That was easily the single best that Grievous ever did, and single council members, notably including Fisto himself, have done much better on latter occasions.

ares834
There could be a simple reason for that. Fisto is simply superior to Mundi.

Lord Lucien
The CGI show really threw every character out of whack. Felt like, in order to make it to the next episode, every duel ended in stalemate or only slightly one-sided advantage. After watching a brand new character single-handedly downing two Magnaguards before Grievous finished him off, my opinion of everyone has gone topsy-turvy.

Q99
Originally posted by ares834

Oh, I'm sure he is better (though IMO not a whole ton better). But he's not better than all the other Jedi at Grievous's first battle. GG did an exceptionally good job at keeping the Jedi off balance that time.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Kit Fisto, while seemingly having an edge, didn't conclusively kill Grievous either. And he wasn't mentioned by Mace Windu as being someone who definitely could, so I'm chalking up his solo experience to good fortune and Grievous underestimating his foe.

I actually am leaning toward this explanation. Not to take anything from Fisto, who is definitely in the top ten of the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars, but I see him as being lucky against GG.

This is the reason the battle ended up as it did.

However, we have to make do and rationalize the situation. Fisto was pressing the advantage against Grievous, but the general has easily shown in other instances that he can counteract with much greater force. I'm fairly certain GG would have won that battle had the Magna-Guards not intervened.

moggo09
hi friends

Zett
1) They can defeat her very easily. Kit is almost equal to her (or even better - in fact she was study his movements before fight), and with Ki-Adi they can't lost this.
2) It looks just a little harder. Anyway Kit can destroy MG's before Grievous can kills Ki-Adi. And also Kit can defeat Grievous on his own, while Mundi can destroy MG's.
3) Here they lost in my opinion. Ki-Adi looks like the weakest link, besides Kit might be a little tired. Kit is still the best fencer here, but probably it's not enough.

Dooku and Starkiller can kill them very easly.

viddy9
Ki Adi Mundi is probably the second/third most powerful Jedi after Yoda and arguably Mace Windu.

Ki Adi Mundi would take Asajj quite easily with a bit of help from Kit. We know that Ki Adi Mundi can at the very least stand his ground against Grevious from his battle with Grevious in the Clone Wars, and with the help of Kit they'd beat Grevious and the two bodyguards. Ki could take Tinn and Koon by himself but Fisto would take Tinn and Ki takes Koon. It'd be very hard to get past No.4, but they'd kill Count Dooku, Ki Adi Mundi was once Anakins master when Kenobi went missing in the CW, so if Skywalker can take Dooku, then Mundi and Fisto would be able to.

Mizukage Yoda

Yes but it wasn't just Mundi who got tooled, you don't honestly think that Fisto is superior to Shaak Ti and Mundi do you. Especially when Shaak Ti has superior feats.

ares834
Considering Fisto beat Grevious I don't see how Ti has superior feats.... At least not CW Shaak Ti.

Zett
Guys, you're wrong, I think. It's not that simple. Loog at the jedi, just befere tey fight with Grievous. Look at K'Kruhk. He's exhausted. All of them are. And they don't know Grievous yet.
And, just like Dooku said - Grievous without advantage (like surprise, fear etc.) can't fight with best jedi as equal. In LoE Dooku says, that jedi like Kenobi, Cin Drallig (Shaak Ti in different version) can beat him, and if he hasn't any kind of advantage, he should run away.

Shaak Ti isn't described as that good warrior as Fisto, but she is still really nice, and probably close to him.

ares834
When did Dooku say that? Direct quote please. Regardless, Shaak Ti has fought Grevious other times and still got her ass kicked and he didn't have surprise on his side.

Mundi, however, doesn't seem to have any note worthy feats (at least not that I am aware of).

Nephthys
When did Dooku say that?

Labyrinth of Evil.

Zett
It's - just like Nephthys said - LoE, but also star wars cartoon.

From cartoon:
"Don't let your pursuit of trinkets cloud your reality. Remember what I taught you, General. If you are to succeed in combat against the best of the Jedi, you must have fear, surprise, and intimidation on your side. But if any one element is lacking, it would be best for you to retreat. You must break them before you engage them. Only then will you ensure victory and have your trophy." - Dooku

Anyway, Shaak Ti lost to Grievous twice, its true. But twice in star wars cartoon (the only source where Grievous's abilities are exaggerated). In ROTS Kenobi beat him very easily (in a saber fight ofc), in TCW (it's above cartoon as a canon source) he is unable to defeat Fisto, and probably even Eeth Koth (in fact Koth fight with his hand injured, and still Grievous needed help of his droids).

Ah, and in my own theory Grievous fought Shaak Ti once. For me, LoE is a better source of kidnapping the chancellor (LoE and cartoon have the same status as canon sources - C-canon, but ROTS novel (what is actually above LoE and cartoon) says that what happens in LoE is more truly.

DARTH POWER
The Jedi were exhausted when they faced Grievous, but like Ares pointed out, Shaak ti has fought him another time and was still shown to be no match for him.

Fisto is the strong arm of this team. Say what you want but he fought GG in CW and was clearly winning. There was no luck involved.

But I still say these 2 struggle to get past 1, considering Ventress has put up a fight against Obi-Wan and Anakin simultaneously.

If they do get past 1 however then I say they definetely fall at 4.

Mizukage Yoda
Considering Fisto beat Grevious I don't see how Ti has superior feats.... At least not CW Shaak Ti.
While Shaak Ti was exhausted both times she fought Grievous. Was she not one of the six greater swordsbeings of the Jedi Order.
Windu
Yoda
Kenobi
Skywalker
Shaak Ti
Cin Drallig
I see these 6 as being the "Greaterswordbeings" in which case Grievous' utter pwning of her puts him pretty high on the PT dueling tier.

Zett
I'm not so sure about your "six greater swordsbeings of the Jedi Order' list.
Yoda, Windu, Skywalker, Kenobi - right, but Shaak Ti and Cin Drallig? In my topic about jedi masters, i asked about the best of them, and it was really hard for each one of you guys to create a common list. And probably Kit is above Shaak Ti and Drallig....

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Zett
I'm not so sure about your "six greater swordsbeings of the Jedi Order' list.
Yoda, Windu, Skywalker, Kenobi - right, but Shaak Ti and Cin Drallig? In my topic about jedi masters, i asked about the best of them, and it was really hard for each one of you guys to create a common list. And probably Kit is above Shaak Ti and Drallig....
Dooku singled out Cin as someone who would soundly defeat Grievous. Apparently she was listed among them.

Zett
And what? I don't get it...
Dooku said that Shaak Ti can defeat Grievous (but in "canon" sources she can't) and only for that she's above Kit - a man who almost defeat Grievous?

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Zett
And what? I don't get it...
Dooku said that Shaak Ti can defeat Grievous (but in "canon" sources she can't) and only for that she's above Kit - a man who almost defeat Grievous?

Canon sources show that everytime Shaak got pwned by Grievous, Grievous had fear surprise and intimidation.
On Hypori he had all 3 and Shaak Ti was tired.
On Coruscant, she was tired and she had already shown earlier that she was absolutely terrified of the good General.
Shaak Ti also has that impressive feat of fighting off about 20 Magnaguards at once, blocking saber blows and electrostaff blows barehanded.
The moment she heard his footsteps she practically crapped her pants in fear of another spanking.

Arab Jedi
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Fisto is the strong arm of this team. Say what you want but he fought GG in CW and was clearly winning. There was no luck involved.

But I still say these 2 struggle to get past 1, considering Ventress has put up a fight against Obi-Wan and Anakin simultaneously.

If they do get past 1 however then I say they definetely fall at 4.

Agreed

ROTJ Vader
They lose at 3.

mnat801
I'd say they just make it past 2, and are defeated at 3.

Q99
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Canon sources show that everytime Shaak got pwned by Grievous, Grievous had fear surprise and intimidation.
On Hypori he had all 3 and Shaak Ti was tired.
On Coruscant, she was tired and she had already shown earlier that she was absolutely terrified of the good General.
Shaak Ti also has that impressive feat of fighting off about 20 Magnaguards at once, blocking saber blows and electrostaff blows barehanded.

Yea.

And a fresh Shaak Ti managed to fend off Anakin and escape the slaughter at the Jedi temple.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Q99
Yea.

And a fresh Shaak Ti managed to fend off Anakin and escape the slaughter at the Jedi temple.

Proof she fended off Anakin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.