God is Coming! The End is Near!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
http://www.observer.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,915125,00.html

embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Dim
Reminds me of one of the avatars of Vishnu confused

finti
and besides there is NO GOD

Aniica Woodland
FINTI that's where you are wrong..... there is too.... not buddah, not baal, not any of those "gods" But Christ is...... He died for your sins, so that you wouldn't have to go to hell......

genral zink
Aniica, I don't think Finti is listening... big grin

Captain REX
Vishnu, Vishnu... Dim, remind me who Vishnu is...

Fitch
let's just not open another religios disc. ......

finti
There is just as much Budda as there is a christ or a christian god

mah
ahahaha. that's comedy, tex! I'd like to see a re-enactment of the fish suddenly bursting out with profeties and hebrew religous speeches. kinda like that singing electronic fish you can buy and put on your wall.

Ushgarak
Vishnu- multi-amred Hindu God, one of the three Hindu big ones.

Dexx
btw..tex's avatar is spooky

Dim
But to be fair...all the Hindu gods have many arms...when they need them.

Anyway, lets not go bashing gods...that's when Dimmy gets pissy.

Catch 22
This is like that fence post that was in the news last month, viewed from a certain angle it looked like the Virgin Mary, people were going nuts over it....

Personally not a big fan or organised religion in any form. I prefer to believe what I believe and leave it at that.

Please though, before anyone starts preaching Christianity down anyone elses throat they should remember that despite being the largest religion, still less that 1/3 of the world population follow the Christian faith.

They should also remember that the Christian faith is actually a mix & match of various denomonational faiths including Jehovahs Witness, LDS, Catholics, Protestants and many, many more, all with slightly different viewpoints.

ms_saigon
By God, that article was funny!

Captain REX
C22, the denominations are very much alike. I am learning about them in school and they all seem pretty much the same except for minor things, like one denomination being a pacifist and one denomination who doesn't believe in materialism.

Anyway, we aren't here to talk about Christianity anyway. I can't even get the link to work! sad

btw, Roman gods are cool. big grin

BackFire349
for a true pic of god see the pic below....

Dexx
mm..yeah..genuine leather also...

Catch 22
Yeah, I know this. I too have no desire to get into a debate on Christianity or any other religion, though the point I made about Christianity could be carried through to most of the major religions.

And I'm rather patial to the Egyptian gods myself.... big grin

VampirePrincess
Oh god religius debate... I don't believe in the Christian God however i only believe in the earth gods and goddess and I don't care what others think.

Besides that I can't say it did not happen since I was not there but many miracles today tend to be hauxes.

Captain REX
Earth gods and goddesses...Roman or Egyptian? big grin

finti
neither of them Rex

Catch 22
Are we starting to talk about Dungeons and Fragons now....?

Corran
It's too late, you are all already here.

finti
indeed, hell is on earth

Ushgarak
Corran's domain, huh?

Member.
thats bs. its the peeps 5000 yrs ago that made "god", "god" explains what they couldn't explain at that time.

Catch 22
Made god, or made God??? There is a difference.

finti
just the capital g

Catch 22
But that change of capitalisation means a lot, and I'm not talking religion here specifcally. smile

Corran
laughing out loud God is a made man.

finti
you wish

BackFire349
"hello homer this is God...........frey jones"

mechmoggy
I only speak to the big guy when my football team are playing bad or I'm talking on the big white telephone. #

Other than that we keep ourselves to ourselves, but we both know where we are should one of us need the other.

queeq
Cool! Another religion thread. big grin

Catch 22
As there is no one majority religion I guess that pretty much leaves a stalemate....

VampirePrincess
Celtic actually but I believe each god and goddess from diffrent parts of the world are the same... As Ares is the same as Mars and so on...

Corran
It's all the same Gods whatever your religion just under different guises, it's how it's all interpreted differently, Muslim, Christianity and Judaism ALL definately beleive in the same God, they just differ on things like the prophets etc like Christ or Muhammed etc.

Ushgarak
Er, VP, look, Ares and Mars are LITERALLY the same- the Romans actually COPIED the Greek Gods.

It's not quite so simple if you start comparing ALL Gods...

Catch 22
The Romans were not actually much for original thinking in some areas, dieties being one of their major stumbling blocks.

So, what have the Romans ever given us then...?

Corran
You mean apart from Roads?

Ushgarak
What they did have was a delightfully tolerant view on religion though

Take when they conquered Egypt and hear about their great Goddess Isis. Many a conquerer would tear down the temples to this God and declare her void and put their own in. Not the Romans. They go:

"Bloody hell, she sounds important. Better get worshipping her!"

And build a load of temples for her in Rome!

Odd people

Corran
Romans odd, why whatevr can you mean, gorging on food and wine and making oneself sick to do the same again whilst enjoying orgies with friends (and family) is not odd is it?

VampirePrincess
lol.. True... The Celts took allot of Egyptian and greek gods... Many of their beliefs come from the meditarian area... Thats were most of my beliefs go. But many gods do connect in some ways... I do not believe in one God however. I never did really even if I was raised too.

BackFire349
Bart - "hey dad, what religion are we again?"

Homer - "oh you know.. the one with all the well meanings rules that dont work out in real life....ah yes...christianity"

there are so many great quotes from the simpsons proving the hypocricy of organized religion... heres another....

Reverend love joy- "this new cult is nothing but a bunch of mindless repetitive chants created to steal the money of fools.... now lets say the lords prayer 50 times and pass around the collection plate"

classic...absolutely classic.

Corran
Amen

mah
yeah

queeq
Lovely.

finti
really?

queeq
Sure.

finti
true?

VampirePrincess
*falls over laughing*

Anyway allot of cults are not like that though. I know a few around my area and few in some other places that do not collect money... But it depends on what group your in. Anyway most of the ones that collect money believe in some form of Christianity well most of your cults do follow God and the bible.

queeq
THey do???

Catch 22
As long as no ones gonna put a smite on you...

finti
Smite ............sonian?

queeq
Guess so. What else could it be?

Julie
God is coming, but no one knows the time .......and they won't until the exact moment

Catch 22
Ah yes, one of the handiest phrases ever when trying to push religion.

Something is going to happen, but we won't tell you what, when, how, where or why. That way we can claim just about anything we want....

Sheesh!

finti
it is the insecurity of the christianity that make them say things like that, they need to say it to reassure themselves as a reminder of what they believe in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.