Superboy Prime Vs Serpent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
1. standard prime.
2. Guardian amped prime.

CosmicComet
Blitz Blitz Blitz

vansonbee
Guardian amped Prime for now.

Digi
I really don't understand why we're so relentless in the vs. forum with characters that we don't have definitive power levels for.

The correct answer is "we don't know." Anything beyond that is speculation.

srug

Harbinger
Originally posted by Digi
I really don't understand why we're so relentless in the vs. forum with characters that we don't have definitive power levels for.

srug SERPENT WINS GOTDAMMIT WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!

J/K smile

Diesldude
If serpent is hulk level he loses, if he is Thanos Level, he loses. IF he is Odin level he loses also. Superbly prime murders him to death.

quanchi112

srug You're right it's too early to tell until the arc is over. But as comic fans it's only natural to jump the gun.

Bentley
Regular Prime beats the Serpent, with all his Worthy, Odin, Asgard and the Olympian pantheon for good measure.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Diesldude
If serpent is hulk level he loses, if he is Thanos Level, he loses. IF he is Odin level he loses also. Superbly prime murders him to death.

Lol.

Digi
Originally posted by quanchi112
You're right it's too early to tell until the arc is over. But as comic fans it's only natural to jump the gun.

Actually, I doubt we'll have a definitive answer at the end of the arc. There's what, 2 issues left? A character really takes months to be fully fleshed out. When you're working with only 2-3 relevant feats, they get extrapolated to the point where we're making wide generalizations based on insufficient evidence.

It would be like saying we had a power level for Sentry after his 6-part debut arc. People still don't fully know what to make of him, and he was around for years.

Personally, I doubt the character will be around long enough to make for decent vs. threads. He'd need to continue to pop up after Fear Itself for some time before I feel like we could say anything for certain about him.

Also, it's not natural as comic fans to jump the gun. Only of some people. I'm just surprised that those people don't eventually learn the lesson who have been here for a long time. At best they'll get inconclusive speculation in their thread...is that really what we're after?

Bentley
You're making it sound as if the Vs Forum was created under wrong premises!

Digi
Originally posted by Bentley
You're making it sound as if the Vs Forum was created under wrong premises!

Not at all. What about my post suggests that? Or are you just trying to work a mod into a position you think he shouldn't be taking?

wink

Some characters just aren't made for this forum. Others are used prematurely. That's all.

chomperx9
dont know much about the serpent, what can he do ?

Bentley
Not at all. What about my post suggests that? Or are you just trying to work a mod into a position you think he shouldn't be taking?

wink

Some characters just aren't made for this forum. Others are used prematurely. That's all.

Well, the only reason not to use characters with little showings its that it produces bad debates, or no debates at all, but arguably, most possible character matches just don't produce good debates anyways. Lack of evidence is one of the positions in which we are the most often about here, the very fuel of the forum is fan speculation, so I'd argue that dodging both of those bullets is the very essence of what we do around here.

Bentley
Originally posted by chomperx9
dont know much about the serpent, what can he do ?

He becomes stronger by feeding with fear, and can break the shield of Captain America. He's been called the "actual Skyfather" of the norse pantheon, but to be honest I don't know if that statement has been said on panel.

Digi
Originally posted by Bentley
the very fuel of the forum is fan speculation

This statement just represents a difference in our approaches in the forum.

I'm fine with saying "we don't know, and may never know for sure" in a lot of threads (enough evidence or not). I tend to only deal at length with threads and fights where we can construct an opinion and justify it based on multiple showings. Speculative musings don't interest me. Less so the more speculative it becomes (as with brand new characters).

Some subjectivity is present in any opinion, but there's certainly varying degrees of this, and I enjoy being able to form a logical and coherent argument, and dealing with others who can as well, regardless of whether or not they agree with you.

I suppose I didn't really consider that approach though, so you may have a point. Some might make threads simply for the speculation, because it's the best way we have to determine outcomes when we don't know enough to say definitively. If you're interested in such outcomes, there's not many other choices.

Still, it seems unsatisfying imo.

carver9
Originally posted by Diesldude

Hulk>>>Prime.

Bentley
I suppose my concept of debating around here is focused in constructing a consistent method of judging different showings, since coherence and clarity is the only thing from which others can learn or disprove my own ideas to favor their own.

Debates cannot be won most of the time, so the point is mainly to get a compelling argument. If you can make one with a character with three showings but you can't with a character you know perfectly, then you chime in accordingly. That's half of the pleasure to me.

Of course, characters with a few showings and omnipotents are less compelling most of the time, as they should be. Characters that are barely compelling in their own stories don't lend themselves to nice interactions.

zeel
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk>>>Prime.

lol

psycho gundam
Also, it's not natural as comic fans to jump the gun. Only of some people. I'm just surprised that those people don't eventually learn the lesson who have been here for a long time. At best they'll get inconclusive speculation in their thread...is that really what we're after? subliminal shot detected

Digi
Originally posted by psycho gundam
subliminal shot detected

If it is, it's directed at dozens, not personally at any one person or thread. I've been here a long time.

More than that, it's not an insult, just a question. I just don't understand it.

Lord Feron
Well im just gonna go off one feat. I don't think SBP can rip apart captains sheild like the serpant guy did. So... based of that alone he wins! stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Well im just gonna go off one feat. I don't think SBP can rip apart captains sheild like the serpant guy did. So... based of that alone he wins! stick out tongue

Why not? PC Kryptonians did damage to Interon, which is DC's adimantium or close to it.

Sundipped
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk>>>Prime.

Not this time carver. no

JakeTheBank
To be fair, Current Hulk looks far far far more impressive than Current Prime. And if Prime gets stalemated by Kon or is otherwise portrayed as being a shadow of what he once was, it doesn't do him any favors.

Sundipped
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
To be fair, Current Hulk looks far far far more impressive than Current Prime. And if Prime gets stalemated by Kon or is otherwise portrayed as being a shadow of what he once was, it doesn't do him any favors.

I do agree but carver didn't use current.
I was referring to former Prime.

I hope they don't do Prime like that but it looks bleak.

JakeTheBank
Honestly, Current Hulk vs. Prime from IC or SCW or Lo3W would be a good fight. I wouldn't see how anyone would be able to completely write off the other.

But yeah, Prime's probably going to job big time to Kon. It's almost as if Geoff Johns is writing it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.