Lanterns vs. Marvel Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mini Bennett
Green Lanterns:

- Guy Gardner
- Hal Jordan
- John Stewart
- Kyle Rayner.

vs.

Marvel team:

- Ares
- Loki
- Nova (Richard Ryder)
- Thor.

Rules/Notes:

- Blood lust is on but everyone is in character

- The victor is decided when all members of one team are knocked unconscious, killed or in some way incapacitated

- Current versions of all members

- Fight takes place at Asgard.

Which team wins and why?

BattleMage
laughing out loud

Harbinger
^ Indeed

Kyle solos.

Mini Bennett
So, in another thread Superman can apparently beat two of the human Lanterns on his own if he's serious, and in another the consensus was that Loki would defeat Guy Gardner. For whatever reason (there was none given, as per usual on this forum), this is a one-sided fight.

Strange.

iceman24567
Dr. Strange?

Mini Bennett
Not funny.

Omega Vision
Marvel Ares has no business being here. Any of the Lanterns can defeat him soundly.

I'm unclear on where Nova is right now, but barring him receiving a major upgrade he might also be something of a weak link.

I think the Lanterns take it.

celeyhyga17
^
concerning Nova, what more of an upgrade do you want?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
^
concerning Nova, what more of an upgrade do you want?
I haven't paid much attention to Nova at all, but I have heard something about him getting a push of late.

Is it enough of a push to make him High Herald or above? Because otherwise I think the 4 vs 3 dynamic of this fight would make it a win for the Lanterns.

Mini Bennett
How powerful is Ares? I thought he was Herald level. My bad...

iceman24567
Immortal Herc is barely herald level if that how the hell is Ares gona be Herald level?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I haven't paid much attention to Nova at all, but I have heard something about him getting a push of late.

Is it enough of a push to make him High Herald or above? Because otherwise I think the 4 vs 3 dynamic of this fight would make it a win for the Lanterns.

Who are you and how did you hack into that account?!?!?!

jawdrop

Kidding aside, he is at least mid herald with a few high herald showings.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mini Bennett
How powerful is Ares? I thought he was Herald level. My bad...
At his absolute best he's a Low Herald physically (able to hold his own in CQC with Thor and Herc for a time) while his more average showings put him around Mid-High Meta.

His major shortcoming here is his crippling lack of versatility. I think he shot an energy beam once from his axe and once used it to cleave a portal through reality but other than that he's basically a one dimensional brick.

Any of the Lanterns can probably take him out without much trouble.

Who are you and how did you hack into that account?!?!?!

jawdrop

Kidding aside, he is at least mid herald with a few high herald showings.
Hmm. Well Loki and Thor are each arguably above any of the Lanterns 1v1, but again with Ares being a weak link this will likely quickly boil down to the 4 Lanterns vs Loki, Thor, and Nova. So one of Team 2 is going to be fighting two at once.

psycho gundam
How powerful is Ares? I thought he was Herald level. My bad... nowhere near herald, cause every time he pisses one off bad things happen.

here hulk oneshots him casually:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/aresoneshotted.jpg

then sentry tears him apart like a cheesestring

Mini Bennett
Well to be fair, Ares did last longer against Voidtry than he seemingly did in that battle with Hulk.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by psycho gundam
nowhere near herald, cause every time he pisses one off bad things happen.

here hulk oneshots him casually:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/aresoneshotted.jpg

then sentry tears him apart like a cheesestring

Just had to sneak him in this thread too did ya? haven't you had enuff of the Hulkamania round these boards lately?

mad

psycho gundam
Well to be fair, Ares did last longer against Voidtry than he seemingly did in that battle with Hulk.
hulk is stronger than sentryhttp://i49.tinypic.com/14aaohf.gif

CosmicComet
Marvel Ares sucks so much dick. It's unfortunate.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Marvel Ares sucks so much dick. It's unfortunate.

He was a cool char... sorta...

stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Ares does suck, but Thor and Loki are pretty bad match ups for GLs anyway. Nova is competent enough to make it a fight.

Barring, of course, Guy the Great demolishing everyone.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Ares does suck, but Thor and Loki are pretty bad match ups for GLs anyway. Nova is competent enough to make it a fight.

Barring, of course, Guy the Great demolishing everyone.

Gardner gets smoked by Rider!

evil face

DARTH POWER
Marvel team take it.. Thor and Loki will be enough trouble adding Ares and Nova gives the Marvel team the egde. I know Ares isnt all that but he's still a God and wnt be a complete non-factor.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Marvel team take it.. Thor and Loki will be enough trouble adding Ares and Nova gives the Marvel team the egde. I know Ares isnt all that but he's still a God and wnt be a complete non-factor.
Being a God doesn't mean much in comics.

Ares can't really do anything here of use besides occupy one of the Lanterns for a minute or less.

Bentley
Ares sucks hard. Lantern win due that weak link.

SuperiorTech
What is Ares gonna do look up at the fight going on as those in the air ignore him or maybe one of the lanterns decides to toss him into space so they don't have to look at him.

DARTH POWER
^ Well yeah ok thats a good point..

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
What is Ares gonna do look up at the fight going on as those in the air ignore him or maybe one of the lanterns decides to toss him into space so they don't have to look at him.

Waddaya mean Ares can't fly? Right at the start of the battle, he receives the gift of flight from the Nova Prime! Watch out team Lantern!

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/th_ti-12.jpg

Looks like Guy Gardner will be eating some Hephaestus forged Adamantine War Axe after all.... Team 1 is fukked...

giljotiini
death

Bentley
So much lantern hate in this site sad

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Bentley

I'm not hatin... Hal 4tehwin! big grin Kyle4tehloss.. sick John and Guy are aight..

Cogito
I'm not hatin... Hal 4tehwin! big grin Kyle4tehloss.. sick John and Guy are aight..

This post is so full of wrong.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Cogito
This post is so full of wrong.

pshh... Hal's trans level killin laser spam_laser >>> Kyle and that crappy Circle of Fire arc.. bleh... sick

Mini Bennett

Someone in this very thread claimed that Kyle would be able to solo these four. :/

Bentley
For the record, Kyle hate is waaay worse than generic lantern hate uhuh

celeyhyga17
For the record, Kyle hate is waaay worse than generic lantern hate uhuh

I always had the perception that the Hal hate > Kyle hate in KMC.. Maybe it's just me...

confused1

Cogito
I don't know anyone that hates on Kyle...

If they did, Mindset would take a dump on them.

Bentley
I always had the perception that the Hal hate > Kyle hate in KMC.. Maybe it's just me...

confused1

Really? Keep in mind that hate from Kyle fans doesn't count stick out tongue

-Pr-

confused1

Generally yeah, it is.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -Pr-
Generally yeah, it is.

I knew I wasn't crazee...

confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.