Borderlands 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
8rmOUoBmChA

lets hope the story is better for the sequel

Phanteros
let's hope it isn't a borefest like boringlands 1 was.

Kazenji
Oh rly?

has'nt been boring for me, which i recently got the Game of the year edition.

Smasandian
Borderlands had a love-hate relationship with people.

dadudemon
I'm currently playing borderlands 1, still.

I don't like how all enemies respawn. It gets annoying, after a while. The "stat points" system could be done better, as well. They also need to make it to where you can purchase the same upgraded guns from any terminal...not just specific ones the further in the game you go. It's a bit inconvenient to have to go to the 'latest and greatest' terminal to get the best weapons or upgrades.

So here's hoping that B2 improves on at least some of my complaints.

P.S. Killing level 3 skags when you're level 30 is very annoying. They should make a system where IF they will respawn...they won't attack you if they are greater than 4 levels below you. That could eliminate some of the frustration.

Smasandian
Borderlands is all about the loot and stats.

That's why they have respawning enemies. I'll be surprised if they changed that aspect.

But I don't remember it being a huge deal because near the end, I just ran over them, or around them or just warped to where I needed to go.

Black bolt z
It was a fun game for me. No story to really speak of but a fun game.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
That's why they have respawning enemies. I'll be surprised if they changed that aspect.

Obvisouly they were taking a page from Diablo on that side of things

in that teaser those aliens with the 4 arms you see guy shooting at looks kinda like the one from Super 8

Smasandian
I never played Diablo but from what I've read and talked about with friends, Borderlands is Diablo with guns.

ABBEYy
Hopefully it will have even more weapons and levels..really would be foolish.

dadudemon
Borderlands is all about the loot and stats.

That's why they have respawning enemies.

You don't need respawning enemies to do that, though. Every other action RPG seems to have done just fine without doing that. I liked Fallout 3's and NV's approach, better, to the weapons. I didn't like the respawning enemies, though, in NV.

When I kill sh*t, I want it dead. I also do not like the 'grind' of doing something over and over again to get a specific config of a weapon. What lameness, man. LAAAAAME.

I do like exploring new areas and finding new weapons, though. that's always fun.

Smasandian
Fallout 3 and New Vegas have respawning enemies?

There also two completely different games. Borderlands is a Diablo clone structured within a FPS. If you don't like respawning enemies then don't play the game because it was designed to have respawning enemies. One of the only ways to get past certain levels is to kill the baddies to gain exp levels.

The one cool thing about Borderlands is that I can revisit older areas and dominate enemy types I had difficulty with originally. That's the cool thing about it. Look at Oblivion, that's the main weakness of the game is that dungeons you visit have respawning enemies that level up to what your character experience level is.

dadudemon
Fallout 3 and New Vegas have respawning enemies?

Yes. And it was lame.

Other areas do not have respawning enemies in those games...which was nice.

There also two completely different games.

First person (or third, if you change your view) action RPGs?

Nah. They are in the exact same category.

Borderlands is a Diablo clone structured within a FPS. If you don't like respawning enemies then don't play the game because it was designed to have respawning enemies. One of the only ways to get past certain levels is to kill the baddies to gain exp levels.

So I am not supposed to play a game that has things I don't like about it?

Did that make sense as you typed it out?

The one cool thing about Borderlands is that I can revisit older areas and dominate enemy types I had difficulty with originally.

That's how RPGs generally work.

That's the cool thing about it. Look at Oblivion, that's the main weakness of the game is that dungeons you visit have respawning enemies that level up to what your character experience level is.

And I hate the auto-enemy leveling system of RPGs, as well.

Like I said...there is a happy medium between annoying respawning enemies and auto-leveling enemies: enemies that ignore you.

If you are 4+ levels higher than the respawned enemies, it would be nice if they completely ignored you unless you attacked them.

Even better: it would be best if they stayed dead and didn't magically respawn. If you need additional exp...it's called side-quests. The respawn thing is just artifically inflating the gameplay time. It's not cool, doesn't add anything to the game, and makes it lame grinding.

Kazenji
Originally posted by dadudemon
You don't need respawning enemies to do that, though. Every other action RPG seems to have done just fine without doing that. I liked Fallout 3's and NV's approach, better, to the weapons. I didn't like the respawning enemies, though, in NV.

So your hating the respawning enemies feature erm

in that case how are you ment to level up in the game when most of enemies are dead......ding ding...thats where the respawning enemies comes into all.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
in that case how are you ment to level up in the game when most of enemies are dead......ding ding...thats where the respawning enemies comes into all.

Yeah...like..how in the world do all the other RPGs accomplish it, man. dur

It takes a bit more planning to balance an RPG OR...you can just throw in plenty of side quests (which is usually what they do.)

Kazenji
Yeah...like..how in the world do all the other RPGs accomplish it, man. dur

It takes a bit more planning to balance an RPG OR...you can just throw in plenty of side quests (which is usually what they do.)

obvisouly you have'nt played Diablo because theres no side-quests with those games hence why it uses respawning enemies

but oh well you don't see what me and Smasandian are trying to get at with the "respawning enemies" idea, So its pretty much no point continuing discussing it with you.

Smasandian
The thing is...is that you can ignore the enemies if you don't want to fight them.

Kazenji
That too.

dadudemon
obvisouly you have'nt played Diablo because theres no side-quests with those games hence why it uses respawning enemies
Hi:

I own the box set.

no expression

Additionally, there are side quests as part of the main quests in Diablo 1 and 2. They can be referred to as "mini quests", really. They offer additional gear, exp, and gold, usually.

but oh well you don't see what me and Smasandian are trying to get at with the "respawning enemies" idea, So its pretty much no point continuing discussing it with you.

Indeed: because you and Smasandian (actually, he does) don't get what I'm talking about with artificially inflating a game with respawning enemies.

The thing is...is that you can ignore the enemies if you don't want to fight them.

You can...but it's annoying as hell. They could have just as easily created a very simple script that has the enemies ignore you if you are so many levels ahead of them.

Smasandian
Well, I'll be very surprise if they change anything to do with the respawning enemies. That's pretty much the whole point to the game.

dadudemon
Well, I'll be very surprise if they change anything to do with the respawning enemies. That's pretty much the whole point to the game.

I disagree. The point of the game was to explore new areas and solve quests.

They didn't need to artificially inflate the play time with respawning enemies.

In fact, I got so irritated with it that I haven't played it in 4 weeks and I bought the game.

Smasandian
Nah, the whole point of the game is loot.

Loot gained from killing respawning enemies. There's as reason why Borderlands was marketed with the ability to create weapons on the fly.

dadudemon
Loot gained from killing respawning enemies. There's as reason why Borderlands was marketed with the ability to create weapons on the fly.

Nah. It was marketed as an FPS RPG. The millions guns was a gimmick that I hope you didn't fall for.

Besides, what does it do for you? Anything? Did you really go back and kill the same exact "boss" over and over again until it dropped the purple-rated gun you wanted? If you did, what a waste of time.

Did you really get that excited to get a x3 shock versus a x2 shock (for example) because that didn't alter the game play at all. Sure, MAYBE it would have taken one less shot. Maybe. But that's not really a big difference. You were better off going to a new area and getting a higher level average gun than going back and killing the same boss over and over to get that one particular rating you were looking for.

Regardless, it was irritating that all of those enemies would come after you every damn time. All my complaints would evaporate IF they built in an "ignore" option form the enemies. Ignore unless attacked, that is. Better yet, what if they made it a perk you could earn? Pirates and skag ignore perks? That would be GREAT. Don't you agree?

FinalAnswer
I liked Fallout 3's and NV's approach, better, to the weapons. I didn't like the respawning enemies, though, in NV.

Woah woah woah.

The hell?

You do realize that taking out respawning enemies in games like Fallout is a very, very stupid thing to do, right?

Like, New Vegas for example.

A setting that is in the middle of a war, namely the NCR and the Legion, who are throwing soldiers at each other, not to mention the land itself, which basically swarms with mutated wildlife.

And somehow the entire area being empty after killing everything is more appealing? :/

dadudemon
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Woah woah woah.

The hell?

You do realize that taking out respawning enemies in games like Fallout is a very, very stupid thing to do, right?

Like, New Vegas for example.

A setting that is in the middle of a war, namely the NCR and the Legion, who are throwing soldiers at each other, not to mention the land itself, which basically swarms with mutated wildlife.

And somehow the entire area being empty after killing everything is more appealing? :/

Hi.

I played the whole game (NV) on hard the first time through on accident (I didn't now I had it set to hard until the end of the game when I took out Caesar and noticed that I had it on hard when I died a couple of times against him and his forces. Bitches had good weapons and they surrounded meh.)

If you had to rely on the wildlife to help against the NCR and Legion troops that respawn, you suck.

The game runs more smoothly if you kill everything as you run into it. No holding back. Get it done. Yeah, I killed all of the Deathclaws near that mine at only level 7. smile Subsequent runs through that area made the game MUCH MUCH better to play through. Same with Death Mountain: I played through Death Mountain sequence at only level 5-7 (then went on to the Deathclaws in the mine area directly afterwards). Killing those nightkins was tough and I died the first time they popped out of thin air.

But, you like to fight the same enemies over and over again? How lame and boring. That not only stifles playing the quests and looking for goodies, it becomes "grind" instead of fun.

I'm very anti-grind.

FinalAnswer
Hi.

I played the whole game (NV) on hard the first time through on accident (I didn't now I had it set to hard until the end of the game when I took out Caesar and noticed that I had it on hard when I died a couple of times against him and his forces. Bitches had good weapons and they surrounded meh.)

If you had to rely on the wildlife to help against the NCR and Legion troops that respawn, you suck.

The game runs more smoothly if you kill everything as you run into it. No holding back. Get it done. Yeah, I killed all of the Deathclaws near that mine at only level 7. smile Subsequent runs through that area made the game MUCH MUCH better to play through. Same with Death Mountain: I played through Death Mountain sequence at only level 5-7 (then went on to the Deathclaws in the mine area directly afterwards). Killing those nightkins was tough and I died the first time they popped out of thin air.

But, you like to fight the same enemies over and over again? How lame and boring. That not only stifles playing the quests and looking for goodies, it becomes "grind" instead of fun.

I'm very anti-grind.

It's not about grinding for exp or fighting enemies, especially considering grinding is moot in a quest-rich game like Fallout.

The Fallout series is entirely about immersion and roleplaying. It says right on the tin of the first game:

"Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Game."

Now, enemies not respawning in, say, Fallout 3 wouldn't be as bad, as the setting is much worse off then New Vegas. The Mojave, however, is one of the best-preserved settings in Fallout, and like I mentioned before, the NCR and Legion are both sending their armies into it. For there to be no respawning enemies would make absolutely no sense. The Mojave is densely populated with both wildlife and people, for it to be empty would kill the atmosphere.

Also, the Animal Friend perk is for losers.

NemeBro
I'd rather enemies respawn during my travels than suddenly be bored after I killed everything (And in games like the first Borderlands, the Elder Scrolls, or the Fallout games, I tend to have killed enemies in every area by virtue of traveling to every area doing quests, or just dicking around).

dadudemon
It's not about grinding for exp or fighting enemies, especially considering grinding is moot in a quest-rich game like Fallout.

The Fallout series is entirely about immersion and roleplaying. It says right on the tin of the first game:

"Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Game."

Now, enemies not respawning in, say, Fallout 3 wouldn't be as bad, as the setting is much worse off then New Vegas. The Mojave, however, is one of the best-preserved settings in Fallout, and like I mentioned before, the NCR and Legion are both sending their armies into it. For there to be no respawning enemies would make absolutely no sense. The Mojave is densely populated with both wildlife and people, for it to be empty would kill the atmosphere.

But...the enemies largely DON'T respawn in NV and F3.

That was nice. I liked it.

By the time you clear out areas and can fast travel..."destroying" everything becomes moot.

It's mostly the wild-life that respawns in NV. Even then, not all of it respawns. I noticed that after killing all of the wild dogs...they don't respawn. Same with deathclaws and many other creatures. However, those casador (spelling?) fly things respawn. So do the bloat flies.

Besides..if you kill 100 wild dogs in a 4 by 4 mile area, you've essentially wiped out the entire population.

Why should they respawn?

The same with a big apex predator like Murmen or the Deathclaws.

Also, the Animal Friend perk is for losers.

That perk was awesome. I liked it. More games need to do this if they wish to respawn enemies that you've killed. At least they can justify the stupidness of why enemies magically respawn: "don't worry about it, man! They will just ignore you unless you attack them!"

FinalAnswer
But...the enemies largely DON'T respawn in NV and F3.

That was nice. I liked it.

By the time you clear out areas and can fast travel..."destroying" everything becomes moot.

It's mostly the wild-life that respawns in NV. Even then, not all of it respawns. I noticed that after killing all of the wild dogs...they don't respawn. Same with deathclaws and many other creatures. However, those casador (spelling?) fly things respawn. So do the bloat flies.

Besides..if you kill 100 wild dogs in a 4 by 4 mile area, you've essentially wiped out the entire population.

Why should they respawn?

The same with a big apex predator like Murmen or the Deathclaws.

That perk was awesome. I liked it. More games need to do this if they wish to respawn enemies that you've killed. At least they can justify the stupidness of why enemies magically respawn: "don't worry about it, man! They will just ignore you unless you attack them!"

Clear out a barn full of raiders, a new band will move in. Fiends will continually populate their area of habitation. The area around the Quarry will always hold Deathclaws. Enemies will respawn where it's suitable.

The Mojave is pretty much a paradise in Fallout's setting, there's no reason why packs of dogs won't move into the area. Also, Deathclaws are noted to heavily infest the Mojave, to the point one NPC actually outright says, no matter how many times they kill them or chase them off, they keep coming back.

No, that perk was stupid, because now they magically ignore you. Which goes completely against the theme of Fallout. It's an inhospitable world. Most everything you meet in the wastelands is going to want to kill you.

dadudemon
Clear out a barn full of raiders, a new band will move in. Fiends will continually populate their area of habitation. The area around the Quarry will always hold Deathclaws. Enemies will respawn where it's suitable.

That's not been my experience: only the raiders/fiends respawn. No deathclaws respawned.

The Mojave is pretty much a paradise in Fallout's setting, there's no reason why packs of dogs won't move into the area. Also, Deathclaws are noted to heavily infest the Mojave, to the point one NPC actually outright says, no matter how many times they kill them or chase them off, they keep coming back.

But they go away after you kill them. As do the super mutants and nightkin.

No, that perk was stupid, because now they magically ignore you. Which goes completely against the theme of Fallout. It's an inhospitable world. Most everything you meet in the wastelands is going to want to kill you.

No, that perk was awesome. Unless they are fiends (they are supposed to be crazy), each "perk" or reputation level should afford you natural respect from the enemies in the wasteland. Fallout 3 and NV seemed to "get it" when it came to not forcing you to grind all the time.

Granted, the respawning enemies were annoying, it was great to get the animal perk and make friends with factions.

That's still not good enough. It needs to be more.

Also, some areas, if you clear them out, don't respawn. Like some of the ants won't come back from areas you clear out. Some do. Some scorpions don't come back, some do. But, vaults stay clean after you clear them out. Some feral ghouls come back in areas, some don't.

I don't want shit to come back, period, if I kill it. If I clear an area of annoying low level enemies, I don't want them coming back.

I've killed thousands of human characters in the Mojave desert...yet...there are still tons of humans all the time. That's not logical or even right. Same with the animals.

Grey Wolves? there's only 3000 of them in the US.

15,000 bison in the wild.

So why would there by "infinite" wild dogs and infinite bighorn in a small 4 mile by 4 mile area? There wouldn't. Killing just 50 would wipe out the local population of large herd mammals. Killing 100-200 wild dogs would wipe out the dogs in the region.

"Realism sucks in video games." No it doesn't. You can have fun while still keeping video games real.

Respawing occurs much faster in Borderlands which makes it worse. I've killed thousands of those damn skags yet they still keep popping up everywhere. Die, damn bitches...go away. erm

Kazenji
Originally posted by NemeBro
I'd rather enemies respawn during my travels than suddenly be bored after I killed everything

Pretty much

Nah. It was marketed as an FPS RPG. The millions guns was a gimmick that I hope you didn't fall for.

And you did.....

the whole point of the game was getting loot gained from killing respawning enemies and doing the jobs/quests

Respawing occurs much faster in Borderlands which makes it worse. I've killed thousands of those damn skags yet they still keep popping up everywhere. Die, damn bitches...go away. erm

Then run away or better yet just kill them, Not like its gonna take 2 hours just to kill just one lower lvl enemy in Borderlands when your on a much higher lvl.

FinalAnswer
That's not been my experience: only the raiders/fiends respawn. No deathclaws respawned.

But they go away after you kill them. As do the super mutants and nightkin.

No, that perk was awesome. Unless they are fiends (they are supposed to be crazy), each "perk" or reputation level should afford you natural respect from the enemies in the wasteland. Fallout 3 and NV seemed to "get it" when it came to not forcing you to grind all the time.

Granted, the respawning enemies were annoying, it was great to get the animal perk and make friends with factions.

That's still not good enough. It needs to be more.

Also, some areas, if you clear them out, don't respawn. Like some of the ants won't come back from areas you clear out. Some do. Some scorpions don't come back, some do. But, vaults stay clean after you clear them out. Some feral ghouls come back in areas, some don't.

I don't want shit to come back, period, if I kill it. If I clear an area of annoying low level enemies, I don't want them coming back.

I've killed thousands of human characters in the Mojave desert...yet...there are still tons of humans all the time. That's not logical or even right. Same with the animals.

Grey Wolves? there's only 3000 of them in the US.

15,000 bison in the wild.

So why would there by "infinite" wild dogs and infinite bighorn in a small 4 mile by 4 mile area? There wouldn't. Killing just 50 would wipe out the local population of large herd mammals. Killing 100-200 wild dogs would wipe out the dogs in the region.

"Realism sucks in video games." No it doesn't. You can have fun while still keeping video games real.

Kay

Super Mutants do not really populate the Mojave, not like they do the Capital Wasteland.

You do realise that grinding is non-existent in Fallout and the masses of enemies has nothing to do with it, right?

That's not how it works, the world does not slowly empty, never changing.

Like I said, the Mojave is pretty much a paradise. People are coming and going all the time.

You wanna play that card? Okay, Radaway and Stimpacks should be removed, since that's unrealistic. Healing after sleeping should be removed, unrealistic. The ability to shove so much stuff in your inventory, unrealistic. Not everything transitions from IRL to a Post-Apocalyptic world.

Not that it matters, since I can go ahead and point out how everything is mutated, so as far as explanations go, dogs breeding like rabbits works.

Also.....You talk about how you would rather focus on quests and exploring new areas, so why are you returning to the same areas? no expression

dadudemon
Kay

Super Mutants do not really populate the Mojave, not like they do the Capital Wasteland.

So?

That's actually irrelevant.

You do realise that grinding is non-existent in Fallout and the masses of enemies has nothing to do with it, right?

Grinding IS there, and you don't know what you're talking about.

If the cazador flies respawn...and you have to kill them again if you enter the area after 3 days, that's grinding especially since you max out your level well before you beat the game.

Since you think Borderlands wasn't a grindy game, why the **** would you think NV had grinding in it?

That's not how it works, the world does not slowly empty, never changing.

That's not how it works: killing off 200 wolves in a region would devastate the population to the point of long term destruction. So much so that it would take decades to restore it to their natural numbers without human intervention.

You do know what an ecosystem, apex predator, and food cycle is, right?

Like I said, the Mojave is pretty much a paradise. People are coming and going all the time.

Oh, ya, man. wanker

lYou wanna play that card? Okay, Radaway and Stimpacks should be removed, since that's unrealistic.

No, Radaway and stimpacks are future technologies. Nice try, but fail.

We are working on versions of "insta heal" gels, now. There's also the possibility that this future technology is a package of nanobots and proteins used to quickly reassemble damaged flesh.

Healing after sleeping should be removed, unrealistic. The ability to shove so much stuff in your inventory, unrealistic. Not everything transitions from IRL to a Post-Apocalyptic world.

Nope: a backwoods doctor can repair someone's face and brain after getting shot clear in the head. Future medicine wins the day.

Nice try, but fail. smile

And NV has the option to give your ammo weight. So that excuse is also gone. You can also dehydrate. So that excuse is also gone.

And you can only carry so much weight. So that excuse is also gone.

And there are technologies in the game that are decades ahead of ours, so that excuse is gone.

Lastly, sleeping to heal wounds is retarded.

Wait, wuuuuut? I agreed?

Ha. You think that I'm toting NV as superior to Borderlands in every way which is just stupid. Why would I be doing that when I just got done telling you NV had grinding in it that I didn't like? Derpy do?

Not that it matters, since I can go ahead and point out how everything is mutated, so as far as explanations go, dogs breeding like rabbits works.

That's not the case, though.

Too bad, though. Nice try.

Also.....You talk about how you would rather focus on quests and exploring new areas, so why are you returning to the same areas? no expression

It's quite obvious that you you never played Borderlands. dur

FinalAnswer
So?

That's actually irrelevant.

Grinding IS there, and you don't know what you're talking about.

If the cazador flies respawn...and you have to kill them again if you enter the area after 3 days, that's grinding especially since you max out your level well before you beat the game.

Since you think Borderlands wasn't a grindy game, why the **** would you think NV had grinding in it?

That's not how it works: killing off 200 wolves in a region would devastate the population to the point of long term destruction. So much so that it would take decades to restore it to their natural numbers without human intervention.

You do know what an ecosystem, apex predator, and food cycle is, right?

Oh, ya, man. wanker

No, Radaway and stimpacks are future technologies. Nice try, but fail.

We are working on versions of "insta heal" gels, now. There's also the possibility that this future technology is a package of nanobots and proteins used to quickly reassemble damaged flesh.

Nope: a backwoods doctor can repair someone's face and brain after getting shot clear in the head. Future medicine wins the day.

Nice try, but fail. smile

And NV has the option to give your ammo weight. So that excuse is also gone. You can also dehydrate. So that excuse is also gone.

And you can only carry so much weight. So that excuse is also gone.

And there are technologies in the game that are decades ahead of ours, so that excuse is gone.

Lastly, sleeping to heal wounds is retarded.

Wait, wuuuuut? I agreed?

Ha. You think that I'm toting NV as superior to Borderlands in every way which is just stupid. Why would I be doing that when I just got done telling you NV had grinding in it that I didn't like? Derpy do?

That's not the case, though.

Too bad, though. Nice try.

It's quite obvious that you you never played Borderlands. dur

No it isn't, as it gives a reason why Super Mutants would not be as common as most other enemies.

Dude, who the **** grinds in Fallout? I maxed out at level 45 without even trying to level up.

No, grinding is when you purposely kill enemies in order to gain exp. Just because certain enemies respawn, does not mean they are there for grinding purposes.

Didn't say that, not that I would know, have never been interested in playing Borderlands.

In IRL, sure. Not sure what bearing that has on an irradiated environment in a fictional universe.

What? Mojave is stated, several times in game, that it is possibly the least damaged area in the USA, due to House's intervention. It is only natural people would flock in droves to the Mojave.

Yeah, liek, 60 years future-wise, and...the fact people are working on it doesn't exactly mean they are making progress on it, and that it will be released in a way it can easily be mass-produced so that pretty much anybody can buy it. Or that it can heal people from near-death.

Please. Simo ****ing Hayha in World War 2 was shot in the face with an explosive round and survived. Not sure what your point is though, the Fallout verse is blatantly super human, Joshua Graham survived being set on fire and thrown into the grand canyon.

Where does it go though? How can you somehow store frigging suits of power armor on your person?

Except much of the tech in Fallout is unrealistic in what we could achieve in 60 years.

Except anybody who grinds in Fallout needs to quit the game and return it to the store.

O rly? Cause it seems pretty plausible to me, not saying that's what's actually canon, but it certainly gives an explanation.

Pretty much. Not sure your point though, considering Borderlands and Fallout are two different games. And I'm not actually talking about Borderlands.

dadudemon
No it isn't, as it gives a reason why Super Mutants would not be as common as most other enemies.

It isn't because they have an outpost in the Mojave and are nearer the birthplace of their "kind". no expression

Dude, who the **** grinds in Fallout? I maxed out at level 45 without even trying to level up.

You can go all the way up to level 45?

I guess with the DLC, you can.

And, by grinding, I don't mean questing for a specific item by doing a dungeon over and over again, I mean repeating the same actions in a game over and over again while playing it....such as killing the same damn enemies in the same damn area over and over again.

No, grinding is when you purposely kill enemies in order to gain exp. Just because certain enemies respawn, does not mean they are there for grinding purposes.

Let's go with this:

"Grinding is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive and/or boring tasks not pertaining to the story line of the game."

Now STFU.

Didn't say that, not that I would know, have never been interested in playing Borderlands.

Get out of mai threadz! uhuh

In IRL, sure. Not sure what bearing that has on an irradiated environment in a fictional universe.

Yeah, that totally has relevancy to what I stated because irradiating an environment totes made every last creature reproduce at astronomical rates, right? dur

What? Mojave is stated, several times in game, that it is possibly the least damaged area in the USA, due to House's intervention. It is only natural people would flock in droves to the Mojave.

Yet, it's still just as irradiated as any other Fallout setting. Go figure, right?

Yeah, liek, 60 years future-wise, and...the fact people are working on it doesn't exactly mean they are making progress on it, and that it will be released in a way it can easily be mass-produced so that pretty much anybody can buy it. Or that it can heal people from near-death.

Yeah, you are clueless.

So you're argument is that 60 years in he future, the fast healing gels of today will never progress to the near instant levels seen in sci-fi?

K.

Gotcha. I'll be over here while you rage about 6 decades in the future where no improvements have been realized in our medicine technologies.

Please. Simo ****ing Hayha in World War 2 was shot in the face with an explosive round and survived. Not sure what your point is though, the Fallout verse is blatantly super human, Joshua Graham survived being set on fire and thrown into the grand canyon.

K. So you mean he got shot in the jaw and his facial bones were broken?

So how is this similar to getting shot twice, right in the brain, by a 9 mm at point blank range comparable.

IF you can find a single example of this occurring in the real world, I MAY believe you that it's possible a backwoods doctor could repair almost all neurological damage, facial damage, and reconstruct the face, using only current real world technologies.

Oh wait, we can't do that at the moment.

no expression

Where does it go though? How can you somehow store frigging suits of power armor on your person?

It goes in your backpack that is NOT seen on the character.

Duh.

You didn't know that?

Except much of the tech in Fallout is unrealistic in what we could achieve in 60 years.

Wrong.

Much of the tech is fully achievable including the AI and bots.

Plasma weapons already exist as do weapons grade lasers.

We don't have microfusion cells yet, though.

We area already interfacing computers with brains and it won't be long before we can use neural implants to improve our thinking abilities. We will then be able to fully transport brains into preservation tanks and control bots with them.

It's like you don't know anything about modern technology. Are you stuck in the 50s?

Except anybody who grinds in Fallout needs to quit the game and return it to the store.

That or you need to learn the definition of grinding. Take your pick.

O rly? Cause it seems pretty plausible to me, not saying that's what's actually canon, but it certainly gives an explanation.

It's not canon nor is it the case. The only creatures that are said to "quickly reproduce" in fallout games are the Mirelurks because they lay so many eggs at once. Even then, it takes quite a while to grow into an adult still making that reproduction process take a while.

Pretty much. Not sure your point though, considering Borderlands and Fallout are two different games. And I'm not actually talking about Borderlands.

Because both games are what is called "FPS RPGs."

No matter how much people like to talk about them being different games, they are still part of a niche FPS category.

FinalAnswer
I no longer care enough to answer this off-topic conversation, mainly because it's giving me a headache.

Just for the record.

dadudemon
I no longer care enough to answer this off-topic conversation, mainly because it's giving me a headache.

Just for the record.

That's fine.

The only thing I really cared about from that conversation was you recognizing what grinding actually was.

We can argue about the creatures of fallout ...but I don't really care to. I just don't like respawning creatures/enemies with no way to opt out of the grind of having to kill the same damn creatures in the same damn area...over and over and over again.

Fast travel in both fallout and borderlands makes it easier...but it doesn't make it go away. In NV...you can't fast travel if enemies are nearby, which is stupid.

Kazenji
So i got the new Game Informer which has stuff on this upcoming sequel

for the story it has

sounds better then looking for a hidden vault from the first game.

Smasandian
Yeah, it would be better.

I didn't mind the whole hidden vault story. It gave you a reason to keep on playing but it also didn't make the game story crazy.

Kazenji
Leaked Footage

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/09/new-leaked-borderlands-2-footage-features-sweeping-vistas-old-friends-exploding-guns/

Kazenji
Read Randy Pitchford flipped out over that leak.

dadudemon
You know, I would like to withdraw some of my hate for Borderlands.

I bet BL 1 and 2 is much much more fun with two people playing.

Kazenji
Its still a pretty game in singleplayer imo.

Smasandian
Surprisingly I didn't like playing Borderlands with friends. We spent too much time figuring out what weapons were better than others and I found that it wasn't the best at communicating between peeps.

socool8520
Surprisingly I didn't like playing Borderlands with friends. We spent too much time figuring out what weapons were better than others and I found that it wasn't the best at communicating between peeps.

The thing is you get better weapons with 2 or more people playing. i think it was stated the more players, the better the random weapons. Plus, I didn't play online, but with my wife on the couch so it wasn't as bad I guess. I love the option of split-screen play (except with RE 5 which was done poorly imo)

Smasandian
Yeah, I forgot about that but it doesn't matter because the game caters towards your ability and if you play SP, then the game changes according to that.

I think.

I do think that the DLC for the first game was quite well done (aside from the arena one).

socool8520
Yeah, I forgot about that but it doesn't matter because the game caters towards your ability and if you play SP, then the game changes according to that.

I think.

I do think that the DLC for the first game was quite well done (aside from the arena one).

Yeah i think it makes the game less difficult with SP, but it also makes the game more boring imo. I don't think it holds up as well in SP as say New Vegas or something like that.

I haven't played the DLC yet to be honest. I'll have to check those out.

Smasandian
I liked playing SP without any co-op attached to it.

I could do whatever I want while with friends, it was a pain to agree to anything.

Kazenji

Started the Zombie Island of Doctor Ned recently, I know it has Zombie Island in the title but jeez they went overboard for the Zombie count.

Smasandian
I loved Doctor Ned's DLC as well as General Knoxxs. Both had a different feel than the main quest.

Kazenji
MCWJUSulnro#!

Smasandian
Looks good.

I hope they fix a few issues I had with the first game but Borderlands kind of snuck up on me. I'm hoping for a story that is a little bit more involved than some text and I'm hoping for a missions to be different than your typical mission. I'm thinking that some story based missions actually have atmosphere or some sort of storytelling like device.

I only bought it because it was like $10 bucks on Steam. Had a great time.

Kazenji
Going to be in Stores May

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5780/borderlandsfigures.jpg

Wouldn't mind getting a Claptrap myself.

Kazenji
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/328/57639510150839353029081.jpg

Phanteros
How much that cost? Love the chest.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Phanteros
How much that cost? Love the chest.

$149.99

Phanteros
Well **** that then.

RE: Blaxican
How much were you really thinking it was going to cost?

Smasandian
89 bucks.

Hahaha.

But seriously, how much were you expecting because if it was anything below 130, you're dreaming.

Kazenji
SR6aE-gPv6I

Nibedicus
Deciding between this game and GW2. Wondering w/c game would be more fun playing coop with friends.

Tzeentch._
laughing out loud

Nephthys
The Secret World is where its at right now boy.

Nibedicus
What's funny? :-p never tried GW before and I do know BL's is fun as a coop. Got like 3 friends who wants to start a coop game or MMO together, we play skyped (right now we're on D3 but we're finished, endgame geared alrdy and bored).

Sooo, don't really get what the lol face is for....

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Nephthys
The Secret World is where its at right now boy.

Friend of mine is trying to bring me into TSW, is it really good? How would it stack up against GW/BL?

Nephthys
I have heard good things about it actually.

Kazenji
I read Gearbox has finished making Borderlands 2 now and moving onto the DLC next.

Smasandian
Wouldnt be surprised. I would suspect a lot of developers finish their games a few months before release.

Kazenji
For the DLC i'm just hoping there's not one involving multiplayer.....damn Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot.

Smasandian
Yeah, it wasn't great but the other ones were. I loved Neds and Knoxx (didnt play claptrap). Borderlands DLC was pretty damn good and some of the better DLC out there.

Kazenji
7N1EcflYDNY

Kazenji
oUu-FzRFYZA

Nibedicus
Anyone got their hands on this game yet? What's the verdict so far?

Kazenji
Surprised its been quiet on this place

i haven't got the game but i hear its great, Also hear that there's another vault in the game....hope there's not another freaky looking alien monster again.

dadudemon
Do NOOOOOOOOOOT read my spoiler unless you want the game ending to be spoiled! You have been warned. HFS*, I cannot tell you how important it is NOT to read my spoiler if you don't want the game spoiled!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lady that talked to the vault hunters in the first game is the daughter of Handsome Jack. Handsome Jack owns/took over Hyperion. That's how she was able to broadcast those messages from that Hyperion satellite in the first Borderlands...she had an inside connection.

The ****er (handsome jack) kills his daughter, eventually. The Siren character is almost sacrificed at the end of the game, too. The old vault hunters help in th game, too. Mordecai is a nice help, imo. In the end, we see that there are tons of vaults all over the galaxy. Some are saying that Borderworlds has already been trademarked by Gearbox (the makers of the Borderlands franchise). Tells us there are either plans for massive DLCs or plans for a massive next-gen console Borderlands (Borderlands 3: Borderworlds).

*Link to what HFS means.

Nibedicus
:O I am trying to REALLY resist not reading your spoilers as I AM planning to play the game eventually and do not want the ending to be spoiled. LOL.

How's the game so far?

Kazenji
Do NOOOOOOOOOOT read my spoiler unless you want the game ending to be spoiled! You have been warned. HFS*, I cannot tell you how important it is NOT to read my spoiler if you don't want the game spoiled!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lady that talked to the vault hunters in the first game is the daughter of Handsome Jack. Handsome Jack owns/took over Hyperion. That's how she was able to broadcast those messages from that Hyperion satellite in the first Borderlands...she had an inside connection.

The ****er (handsome jack) kills his daughter, eventually. The Siren character is almost sacrificed at the end of the game, too. The old vault hunters help in th game, too. Mordecai is a nice help, imo. In the end, we see that there are tons of vaults all over the galaxy. Some are saying that Borderworlds has already been trademarked by Gearbox (the makers of the Borderlands franchise). Tells us there are either plans for massive DLCs or plans for a massive next-gen console Borderlands (Borderlands 3: Borderworlds).

*Link to what HFS means.

erm

Seriously.......you complained about respawning enemies with this game and yet you played Diablo 3 ........who's the dope now.

dadudemon
erm

Seriously.......you complained about respawning enemies with this game and yet you played Diablo 3 ........who's the dope now.

You left some stuff out. Here, I'll redo your words to be more accurate: "Seriously.......you complained about respawning enemies with these (B1 and B2) games AND with Diablo 3, complained about the random loot generation with these games AND Diablo 3, thought Borderlands was still better than Diablo 3 because it was not as repetitive as Diablo 3, continued to play Borderlands off and on for 2 years but played Diablo 3 for about 3 months (and sparingly, at that), and like Borderlands 2 much better than Diablo 3 ........who's the dope now? Well, that would be me, Kazenji, for assuming too much."

Originally posted by Nibedicus
:O I am trying to REALLY resist not reading your spoilers as I AM planning to play the game eventually and do not want the ending to be spoiled. LOL.

How's the game so far?

Resist, my son. RESSIIIST!

Nibedicus
Resist, my son. RESSIIIST!

Sooo, how's the game in the multiplayer sense of the word? big grin Me and some buds are thinking of getting it and doing Coop games in between GW2 sessions.

Estacado
So am I the only one who finds true vault hunter mode hard?
I'm lvl 50 with Zero and most of the normal enemies can take down my shields with 2 shots then kill me with another 2 and goliath blasters can literally 1 shot me.My meele has a shit load of damage and bonus damage yet I can't 1 shot lvl 52 goliath.
I have 650% bonus with deception a relic which gives another 26% to meele got a mod which gives you 40% on meele adds 3 to killing blow 3 to ressurance 3 to backstab so I'm having a 70% on backstab plus 20% on ambush another 40% bonus after killing someone and a pistol which gives you another 100% on meele plus another 15% on meele its good for common enemies but like I said it's useless against stronger enemies.

Nibedicus
Playing True Vault Hunter mode now (finally got my copy of BL2 friday last week. big grin) and I have to say, difficulty scaled up quite a bit).

So far, haven't hit a "Diablo 3 Inferno" kind of frustration, tho. My playstyle with Zero has always been snipe snipe, if they come close: drop your ghost and run run then snipe again. lol. So dying is a rarity so far.

Multiplaying has been rife with cheaters/hackers/exploiters, tho. That's the only negative so far in the game.

Kazenji
Have you gotten any of the DLC yet?

Nibedicus
Bought the season package thing they offered. Haven't gotten the DLC character yet. Not really big on playing a girl. My one wish was that they offered male/female versions on each character. REALLY wanna play a Siren/caster kind of character but not too keen on playing a girl. Haha.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Estacado
So am I the only one who finds true vault hunter mode hard?
I'm lvl 50 with Zero and most of the normal enemies can take down my shields with 2 shots then kill me with another 2 and goliath blasters can literally 1 shot me.My meele has a shit load of damage and bonus damage yet I can't 1 shot lvl 52 goliath.
I have 650% bonus with deception a relic which gives another 26% to meele got a mod which gives you 40% on meele adds 3 to killing blow 3 to ressurance 3 to backstab so I'm having a 70% on backstab plus 20% on ambush another 40% bonus after killing someone and a pistol which gives you another 100% on meele plus another 15% on meele its good for common enemies but like I said it's useless against stronger enemies.

I'm on my 2nd playthru now (on TVHM) and yes, things tend to 2-3 shot you. I remember this Mad Mike killed me like 20 times due to the fact that his AoE cannon (that he fires at an elevated position that is hard to get to) literally rips off my shield and drops me to 10% life in one hit. Frustrating but when I found out how to cheese him when he positioned himself at a bad spot, finally got thru. LOL.

Have you tried the kunai build yet? It's pretty badass. At lvl 40, I've been able to one combo shot everything except bosses. And even bosses die in 2-3 combo hits of it.

Kazenji
New DLC for the 2nd game

VjRp1BkP1ZI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.