Fan Edits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Have you seen any of them? If so, which one(s) and what would you rate them? What did you like/dislike about them.

I'm in the middle of downloading Star Wars A New Hope Revisited by Adywan. I'll report back with my findings once I watch it tomorrow.

queeq
Where are they?

All I have seen in the Phantom Edit... which IMHO is better than TPM.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by queeq
Where are they?

All I have seen in the Phantom Edit... which IMHO is better than TPM.

Here for the information on each Star Wars Fan Edit.

Here for the download links.

Watching the one I downloaded right now. The edits are subtle but make a HUGE difference in quality. I highly recommend fans to download it. It mixes Special Edition quality with what we loved about the Original cuts. Also adds in some nods to the Prequel Trilogy (IE, a broken Battle Droid inside the Sandcrawler).

This guy is in the middle of his edit of ESB, you can see some of his tests and comparisons on his YouTube page.

Here is the comparison trailer.

Yjk51lqwpWE

queeq
Which is a good one to download?

LanceWindu
Try the ones by JasonN. Attack of the Federation, Twilight of the Republic and The Black Knight Rises.

I'm watching these now. Very good edits and some plot changes. He adds in a few deleted scenes as well.

queeq
Complicated stuff, downloading that. I can't figure it out.

LanceWindu
If you're really interested in downloading one, I can help you out. The way they set it up is pretty confusing. It took me a bit to get it figured.

Let me know which one and I'll find you the download links.

Barker
Are these legal?

queeq
They're kinda clever about it. They say the legallity issue lies with the user: if you own the DVD's you can watch them (since they only work with SW DVD materials).

Originally posted by LanceWindu
If you're really interested in downloading one, I can help you out. The way they set it up is pretty confusing. It took me a bit to get it figured.

Let me know which one and I'll find you the download links.

Let's start with the ones you mentioned.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by queeq
They're kinda clever about it. They say the legallity issue lies with the user: if you own the DVD's you can watch them (since they only work with SW DVD materials).

Let's start with the ones you mentioned.

The trilogy or the one in the opening post?

queeq
Err... help me out on the one that struck you most then.

ares834
Originally posted by Barker
Are these legal?

"I will make it legal..."

oops wrong forum. embarrasment

queeq
Wrong senate too.

mossman
The Fanedits are interesting in their own way - but you should really be downloading Babyhum's series of DVDs, Jambe Davdar's documentaries and Deleted Magic in my opinion...
They are the must-own fan-created material for Star Wars fans, without a doubt...
smile
I can upload some stuff myself if anyone is interested...

queeq
What are they?

Khamier
Please tell us how to download from the fanedit site. I can't find a download button anywhere. I don't care what movie you tell me how to download, just pick anyone and hook up a dude with some instructions.

Thx

Doctorwho?
The adywan guy is going to be revisiting the Prequels after he has done ROTJ, I hope anyway, they need sorting out.

Doctorwho?
http://swrevisited.wordpress.com/ptr-facts/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.