The Joker vs Michael Corleone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
The Joker sets his sights on New York and declares all out war on the Corleone family. The prize is the city. So who wins the war?

Zack Fair
Michael.

Impediment
The Joker would have broken Gotham has it not been for Batman and his technology.

The Corleone family in 1950's New York doesn't stand a chance.

Joker is too much of genius mastermind.

the ninjak
Joker would simply gather criminals from nationalities other than Italian to avoid having a spy in his ranks.

The city will be his.

Perceiver1
Originally posted by the ninjak
Joker would simply gather criminals from nationalities other than Italian to avoid having a spy in his ranks.

The city will be his.

The Mafias connections are definitely not limited to Italian Americans (or Sicilians) . They just make up the heads of the organization and the only ones who are officially "made men". The mob regularly uses criminals of all different ethnicities. If the Joker tries to move around at all in the underworld to any significant extent Michael is going to know about it.

Robtard
Michael sends in Al Neri. *cue The Godfather Theme* /thread

Perceiver1
Originally posted by Impediment
The Joker would have broken Gotham has it not been for Batman and his technology.

I think you are forgetting that the Gotham police have to play by a book full of rules that limit everything that they do. Batman doesn't have that limitation and neither does a mafia don and brilliant strategist who has millions of dollars at his disposal, and hundreds of killers and criminals on his pay roll. Not to mention the police and politicians on his pay roll.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Impediment

This

Firefly218
Originally posted by Perceiver1
I think you are forgetting that the Gotham police have to play by a book full of rules that limit everything that they do. Batman doesn't have that limitation and neither does a mafia don and brilliant strategist who has millions of dollars at his disposal, and hundreds of killers and criminals on his pay roll. Not to mention the police and politicians on his pay roll.

thumb up

Robtard
If we adjust for inflation, Michael Corleone would be worth over 2billion today.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
If we adjust for inflation, Michael Corleone would be worth over 2billion today.

Joker would just burn the money stick out tongue

Quincy

Yeah but he basically crapped on the mob families and imploded them in Dark Knight too. It wasn't just Bats and the Cops

Perceiver1
Originally posted by Quincy
Yeah but he basically crapped on the mob families and imploded them in Dark Knight too. It wasn't just Bats and the Cops

Good reply to my original post.

But of course Michael himself also took out the heads of all of the other four families of New York to make the Corleone family king. He is a brilliant strategist who is cold, calculating and doesn't have any significant emotional weaknesses.

The only reason that the Joker was even able to do what he did in the the Dark Knight was because the families agreed to work with him to kill Batman. Obviously none of that is in play here.

Darth Martin
Joker.

He already was crippling Gotham's leftovers after Falcone. The Corleone's would be no different.

Perceiver1
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Joker.

He already was crippling Gotham's leftovers after Falcone. The Corleone's would be no different.

Like I said, Mikie also took out the other five families of New York; but they weren't also fighting Batman at the same time.

The Joker would literally have no cards in this situation man (pun intended).

In the Dark Knight, power over the underworld was divided between a bunch of different groups. The Joker even made deals with some of those groups. If this situation takes place after the first Godfather movie when Michael has consolidated his power he pretty much runs New York. Any move the Joker makes in the underworld Michael is going to know about it. He won't be able to trust anybody. The Corleone's even had police and politicians on the payroll

michaelx
Michael should win this, but it won't be easy.

ares834

I seem to recall a certain clown easily bringing down the crime families in a certain City.

NemeBro
The Joker took on Batman (Who is likely far richer than the Corleone family), the entire police department, and the mafia. He also nearly won. This is also in a setting that is more technologically advanced than Michael's fifties era. It was only through Batman's surveillance tech that simply did not exist back then and IIRC doesn't exist now that Joker's plans failed (to some extent).

I think he probably wins.

Perceiver1
Originally posted by NemeBro
The Joker took on Batman (Who is likely far richer than the Corleone family), the entire police department, and the mafia. He also nearly won. This is also in a setting that is more technologically advanced than Michael's fifties era. It was only through Batman's surveillance tech that simply did not exist back then and IIRC doesn't exist now that Joker's plans failed (to some extent).

I think he probably wins.

Batman in general spent more time hurting the crime organizations than fighting Joker. So they were hurting (which is why they were willing to hire Joker to kill Batman). That's what I meant above when I said Micheal took out the other four crime families without the help of a character like Batman. And yeah all criminals have to deal with the police, and the Corleone family not only had to look out for the local police they also had to deal with the FBI.

I just don't see in terms of particulars how the Joker pulls this off. Like I said, this isn't a completely divided underworld like in Gotham; it's basically run by the Corleone family. Whatever the Joker does Michael is going to know about it and he won't be able to trust anybody.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.