Stardust/Beta Ray Bill vs Gladiator/Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins ?

Bentley
Team 2 is just weaker. Even if Vulcan could absorb Stormbreaker's magic and use it against BRB, and even win, Stardust would destroy Gladiator much earlier -he cannot ko Stardust who is not a physical being-.

-Pr-
^ Agreed.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Bentley
Team 2 is just weaker. Even if Vulcan could absorb Stormbreaker's magic and use it against BRB, and even win, Stardust would destroy Gladiator much earlier -he cannot ko Stardust who is not a physical being-. Ive wondered if Vulcan could control/absorb Stardust as she is made out of energy. Vulcan has shown he can manipulate various types of energy.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Nihilist
Ive wondered if Vulcan could control/absorb Stardust as she is made out of energy. Vulcan has shown he can manipulate various types of energy.

Stardust is a she?? I thought those guys were sexless... Anyways Stardust might get fudged up some by Vulcan..

guy222
t 1

Nihilist
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Stardust is a she?? I thought those guys were sexless... Anyways Stardust might get fudged up some by Vulcan.. Thought Stardust was called a she in Annihilation iirc, but then again they have been called sexless, one of the instances may have retconned the other.

carver9
Not a good fight at all. Vulcan is the weak link and I would give Bill the majority against Gladiator and Star Dust is pretty much unstoppable in this match. You need major versatility to win a fight against him.

Bentley
Vulcan could theoretically be the important feature in team 2, if he can control Bill's magic or Stardust, but it doesn't matter much, he never showed anything to beat two mid-heralds after Gladiator eventually loses against either of them.

-Pr-
Vulcan could theoretically be the important feature in team 2, if he can control Bill's magic or Stardust, but it doesn't matter much, he never showed anything to beat two mid-heralds after Gladiator eventually loses against either of them.

And that's all he is: Wasted/Untapped potential. Silly Vulcan.

carver9

They are pretty much High Heralds imo. All of them minis Vulcan. Vulcan has controlled magic by the way.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
They are pretty much High Heralds imo. All of them minis Vulcan. Vulcan has controlled magic by the way.

He did?

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by -Pr-
He did?

Against the last version of Adam Warlock who was using "Quantum magic" as it was referred to.

-Pr-
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Against the last version of Adam Warlock who was using "Quantum magic" as it was referred to.

F*ck. Seems I was right after-all. Oh well...

Bentley

Come on Carver, you're entitled to your opinion, but most high heralds have above skyfather level feats. This guys are nothing special like that.

Bentley
Magic is just energy for Vulcan apparently. The very best of his feats imo.

Nihilist
Didnt Vulcan own a being who easily beat down Gladiator during the Emperor Vulcan story.

-Pr-
Magic is just energy for Vulcan apparently. The very best of his feats imo.

facepalm

Bentley
Didnt Vulcan own a being who easily beat down Gladiator during the Emperor Vulcan story.

Yeah, but it was even more plotey devicey, he pretty much just siphoned his power.

Nihilist
Yeah, but it was even more plotey devicey, he pretty much just siphoned his power. Which is his thing thought, i dont see it being totally out the question that he may manipulate Storbreaker or Stardusts energies as he may becoming more apt with it as he progressed as a character.

SuperiorTech
Yeah, but it was even more plotey devicey, he pretty much just siphoned his power.

He is lucky Havok clued him into the fact that the guy was drawing energy from his people.

Bentley
Which is his thing thought, i dont see it being totally out the question that he may manipulate Storbreaker or Stardusts energies as he may becoming more apt with it as he progressed as a character.

Well, the thing is Vulcan can be pretty dense at times, he could've won the battle the first time he got schooled but he didn't use his power right. Pr's comment about wasted potential applies.

Nihilist
Well, the thing is Vulcan can be pretty dense at times, he could've won the battle the first time he got schooled but he didn't use his power right. Pr's comment about wasted potential applies. I would say its more of a rage/arrogance problem then being dense with Vulcan.

KingD19
The problem is he still has the mentality of an angsty 13-14 year old. Remember he had that talk with his inner self and he did all the math. He was physically an adult, but his mind didn't have time to mature.

But when you absorb magic that can affect an entire reality....and the only side effect is that it tastes funny, you don't need to be a rocket scientist.

-Pr-
Plus, for a while he was completely ****-whipped.

carver9
Come on Carver, you're entitled to your opinion, but most high heralds have above skyfather level feats. This guys are nothing special like that.

Bently, you are a cool guy but you say some of the craziest things sometimes. Show me a High Herald stopping time on an entire planet...show me a High Herald fighting shaking the entire Galaxy... I know I compared Hulk to a skyfather but I said that he is PHYSICALLY a Skyfather. He doesn't have the versatility of a skyfather and neither does Thor, Surfer, or Supes.

Everyone in this thread has the fts that qualifies them as a High Herald and some has fts that surpass even the best of Heralds. Didn't Bill physically beat the hell out of a abstract that was consuming the universe? Bill also annihilated 2 planets in a single fight and fell asleep in the heart of a sun without even knowing it. He also overcame and saved Galactus life when the combine might of Surfer and Stardust failed.

I don't even need to preach about Gladiator since I have done enough of that.

IMO, Vulcan is out of his league here.

Bentley
What about an herald vibrating to destroy an abstract, or breaking the dome of a Celestial that couldn't be defeated by a pantheon of skyfathers. High-heralds are supposed to have stupid feats, that's fact. Hal Jordan has stopped time before, your very example has been done by high heralds.

Also, the tiers are supposed to divide a certain kind of character from another, if you lump every herald into the high-herald category is just not that high any more. Gladiator and Bill are in the mid-herald category, and that's fine, that means they stop people like Magneto or Doctor Doom in straight combat -who are heralds themselves-.

Finally, I agree that Vulcan is behind the other three in overall power-level, but thanks to his powerset he may be more useful in this particular combat than Gladiator.

carver9
What about an herald vibrating to destroy an abstract, or breaking the dome of a Celestial that couldn't be defeated by a pantheon of skyfathers. High-heralds are supposed to have stupid feats, that's fact. Hal Jordan has stopped time before, your very example has been done by high heralds.

Also, the tiers are supposed to divide a certain kind of character from another, if you lump every herald into the high-herald category is just not that high any more. Gladiator and Bill are in the mid-herald category, and that's fine, that means they stop people like Magneto or Doctor Doom in straight combat -who are heralds themselves-.

Finally, I agree that Vulcan is behind the other three in overall power-level, but thanks to his powerset he may be more useful in this particular combat than Gladiator.

You mean vibrating fast enough to match a frequency we have no clue on the speed this frequency was going. Gotcha.

Sue damaged a Celestial as well...I guess that makes her high Herald? Gotcha.

Neither of them is useful because they both are losing and I already explained why.

-Pr-
You mean vibrating fast enough to match a frequency we have no clue on the speed this frequency was going. Gotcha.

Sue damaged a Celestial as well...I guess that makes her high Herald? Gotcha.

Neither of them is useful because they both are losing and I already explained why.

That's not what he said at all.

carver9
That's not what he said at all.

I enjoy putting words in his mouth.

mad

I'm still in shock that you called me a serial killer.

-Pr-
I enjoy putting words in his mouth.

mad

I'm still in shock that you called me a serial killer.

i'm sure that's not all you want to put in his mouth.

No i didn't.

carver9
i'm sure that's not all you want to put in his mouth.

No i didn't.

laughing WTF.

Conversation is over. Bye Pr.

leonidas
IF vulcan can take SD out via energy manip then they win. hard to make that allowance given his showings though. that would also imply vulcan was able to override SD's own control of his/her energies. not sure i'm willing to say vulcan can override herald-level energy manip. would i be shocked to see him do it in a comic? no, not really. but i WOULD need to see it first, the ease with which he took out adam was impressive, but i think beating SD would be something altogther different...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.