Captain America vs. Daken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight
Fight takes place in NYC.

Who takes it?

Endless Mike
Cap

The Sorrow
Daken via pheromones

BruceSkywalker
Cap.. good match though

Marvelknight
^ Thanks. Yeah I was leading towards Cap as well after thinking very hard about all the different outcomes. I'll say 6-10 for Rogers.

SamZED
Daken for majority because of the pheromones.

Prep-Man
Cap.

vansonbee
Originally posted by SamZED
Daken for majority because of the pheromones. Steve very diligent on focusing on the task at hand.

Daken pheromones IMO, works best when the target is unaware, like the time w/ Skaar (biggest example).

SamZED
Originally posted by vansonbee
Steve very diligent on focusing on the task at hand.

Daken pheromones IMO, works best when the target is unaware, like the time w/ Skaar (biggest example). True, but I doubt that focus will help much, so far his pheromones worked every time he used them. Cyber, Deadpool, Gargan, Bullseye etc imo this ability combined with his skills and claws should give Daken the majority.

Batman-Prime
CA 8/10 he gives a shit about pheromones^^

Lord Feron
Originally posted by SamZED
Daken for majority because of the pheromones.

Marvelknight
pheromones is not that big a factor here. Daken doesn't even use it all the time and does't take things too seriously at times. That will be his downfall here. Without any adamantium, Daken's claws won't do much against Cap using his shield.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Marvelknight
pheromones is not that big a factor here. Daken doesn't even use it all the time and does't take things too seriously at times. That will be his downfall here. Without any adamantium, Daken's claws won't do much against Cap using his shield.
So basically you are saying that Daken shouldn't use his pheromones ?

He uses them a lot, they work just fine and there is no reason to think CA is above them, just because he's CA.

I give Daken the majority, he can take any beating CA gives him with a smile on his face.

X-Logan
Daken FTW

the Darkone
Cap will put his foot up his a$$!

srankmissingnin
Daken's healing factor is currently weakened / non existent from persistent drug abuse, but that story arch looks to only be lasting a few issues based on the solicits. Keeping that in mind Cap could take the majority off current weakened Daken, but if Daken's healing factor is 100% he steam rolls Steve plain and simple.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
So basically you are saying that Daken shouldn't use his pheromones ?

He uses them a lot, they work just fine and there is no reason to think CA is above them, just because he's CA.

I give Daken the majority, he can take any beating CA gives him with a smile on his face.

You can read I'm assuming? What I'm saying is he DOESN'T use them for every fight he's in and he plays around too much when he should be serious. This isn't Wolverine here. No adamantium, so not as durable as his Farther. HF yes but Daken can still be hurt or put down... Remember the shield is here and is tougher than Daken's bone claws.. In some areas Daken and Cap may be physically on par. But As of now imo Steve is stronger, better defense, better trained fighter and strategist.

Are people forgetting how strong willed Steve's mind is? What about Civil Wars #4?

Marvelknight
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Daken's healing factor is currently weakened / non existent from persistent drug abuse, but that story arch looks to only be lasting a few issues based on the solicits. Keeping that in mind Cap could take the majority off current weakened Daken, but if Daken's healing factor is 100% he steam rolls Steve plain and simple.

I don't know about "steam roll", Srank... I really don't think Daken is doing that to Cap here even with HF 100%. Wolverine maybe a different story but Daken I'm not sure yet.

srankmissingnin
A god blast from Thor only put Daken down for a minute, and he was only down that long because he was having an outer body experience and communicating with the Norns. With Daken's healing factor working properly Steve fairs better then Punisher did, but the end result is exactly the same. Cap can't put Daken down.

Marvelknight
A god blast from Thor only put Daken down for a minute, and he was only down that long because he was having an outer body experience and communicating with the Norns. With Daken's healing factor working properly Steve fairs better then Punisher did, but the end result is exactly the same. Cap can't put Daken down.

So Frank and Daken got it in recently huh? What issue? I would want to see that myself. Also Cap is not Punisher... You know this.

srankmissingnin
So Frank and Daken got it in recently huh? What issue? I would want to see that myself. Also Cap is not Punisher... You know this.

I was talking about when Daken killed Frank pre-Frankcastle. But go read Franken-Castle 19, and see what Daken's healing factor is capable of.

Marvelknight
Cap HF does't compare of course. But that Shield will hold off anything Daken has to dish out.

Marvelknight
I was talking about when Daken killed Frank pre-Frankcastle. But go read Franken-Castle 19, and see what Daken's healing factor is capable of.

Will do... Daken pisses me off at times I swear. I just wish he was a little more serious like his father.

srankmissingnin
Cap HF does't compare of course. But that Shield will hold off anything Daken has to dish out.

Until Daken gets around it, and that won't take him long.

StiltmanFTW

Dark Reign: The List - Punisher.

Marvelknight
Until Daken gets around it, and that won't take him long.

Maybe. But it won't be easy against a weapon made for defense and even better counter offense. But your stance is that Daken will hold up to the shield am I right?

Marvelknight
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Dark Reign: The List - Punisher.

Thanks..

jalek moye

God blast? What issue was this i only remember the lightning bolt. Thor rarely uses the god blast i can't see him just using it on Daken.

JakeTheBank
Thor didn't Godblast Daken.

If he did, he'd be phucking dead.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by jalek moye
God blast? What issue was this i only remember the lightning bolt. Thor rarely uses the god blast i can't see him just using it on Daken. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor didn't Godblast Daken.

If he did, he'd be phucking dead. thumb up

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by jalek moye
God blast? What issue was this i only remember the lightning bolt. Thor rarely uses the god blast i can't see him just using it on Daken.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Wolverine83_0009-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Wolverine83_0010-1.jpg

The blast levels some buildings and incinerates all the Hammer Agents Daken has with him. The last two panels are him talking with the Norn in their realm, he is unconscious at this point in reality.

Prep-Man
Where did it say it was a godblast?

Parmaniac
What's that supposed to show? I can't see Thor and Daken doesn't really seem to be hit.

JakeTheBank
Because it's not a Godblast.

Thor fried him with lightning. At best you could argue it was a generic release of energy from Mjolnir with collateral damage. If Thor wasted a Godblast on Daken, we wouldn't see anymore of him.

Because he'd be obliterated. no expression

Prep-Man
Srank is losing it. Get him help NOW!

Mindset
srank is hilarious.

BattleMage
Cap

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Parmaniac
What's that supposed to show? I can't see Thor and Daken isn't even hit.

Thor isn't in the issue, but he is the one who fired the blast, and Daken is right in side of it. Daken got torn up the same as the bubbling bodies you can see on panel, he only looks fine because he in a different dimension about to talk to the Norn. Did you not read Siege?

Parmaniac
Did you not read Siege? I did but honestly I absolutely can't remember this instance.

JakeTheBank
You don't honestly believe it was a Godblast, do you, Srank?

Rhetorical, btw.

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsInitiative08.jpg

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsInitiative09.jpg

It was lightning/thunder. Not anywhere close to being a Godblast.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You don't honestly believe it was a Godblast, do you, Srank?

Rhetorical, btw.

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsInitiative08.jpg

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsInitiative09.jpg

It was lightning/thunder. Not anywhere close to being a Godblast.

Thor channel's his energy into Mjolnir for an energy blast. God Blast.

I guess Thor must have hit Daken with a lightening bolt after he used his God Blastm because you can CLEARLY see in the Dark Wolverine perspective that it isn't a lightening bolt, it's very plainly a wave of orange energy. cool

Parmaniac

I guess Thor must have hit Daken with a lightening bolt after he used his God Blastm because you can CLEARLY see in the Dark Wolverine perspective that it isn't a lightening bolt, it's very plainly a wave of orange energy. cool Orange energy blast

Mindset
smh

JakeTheBank

I guess Thor must have hit Daken with a lightening bolt after he used his God Blastm because you can CLEARLY see in the Dark Wolverine perspective that it isn't a lightening bolt, it's very plainly a wave of orange energy. cool

My god.

Thor can and has fired generic energy blasts from Mjolnir many times before. And they don't qualify as "Godblasts". Hell, even claiming it was the Anti-Force is a tad more acceptable an explanation than the Godblast.

Wave of orange energy =/= Godblast.

Unless you think Daken can outright survive a Godblast from Thor?

Which is, again, rhetorical.

juggernaut74
Daken.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
My god.

Thor can and has fired generic energy blasts from Mjolnir many times before. And they don't qualify as "Godblasts". Hell, even claiming it was the Anti-Force is a tad more acceptable an explanation than the Godblast.

Wave of orange energy =/= Godblast.

Unless you think Daken can outright survive a Godblast from Thor?

Which is, again, rhetorical.

The spread is far to large for it to be one of Thor's "generic energy blasts." It was practically a tidal wave of energy, not a thin beam. It could have been the Anti-force blast, because it has depicted similarly when Thor used it on the Thanos clone.

vansonbee
God Blast destroy every piece of matter?

Mindset
The spread is far to large for it to be one of Thor's "generic energy blasts." It was practically a tidal wave of energy, not a thin beam. It could have been the Anti-force blast, because it has depicted similarly when Thor used it on the Thanos clone. Sit yo 5 dollar ass down before I make change.

Marvelknight
Most likely it wasn't the God Blast. But as for the battle at hand. I believe steve has the skill to take to Daken physically. It will be a hard fought battle for Steve to win for sure...

But seeing Cap putting down a Kree warrior. I have to believe he can hurt Daken in spite of the HF. The pain is still felt. http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capownskreelg4.jpg

StiltmanFTW
He won't be able to resist pheromone manipulation. It's different from mind control. Maybe if Steve knew about Daken's power and prepared...

We would have to use Daken with low speed HF or/and not using pheromones if we wanted Captain to win.

Marvelknight
He won't be able to resist pheromone manipulation. It's different from mind control. Maybe if Steve knew about Daken's power and prepared...

We would have to use Daken with low speed HF or/and not using pheromones if we wanted Captain to win.

Cap has fought opponents with fast HF before. And HF doesn't take away the pain. I believe that the Kree have a HF with superhuman stats? I could be wrong. But Cap is very strong willed. So with the pheromones, Stillman. How do you see Daken using it against Cap? If Cap lands his signature leaning punch or a strong jab to the throat with his shield. It will stop Daken in his tracks long enough for Steve to add more punishment.

StiltmanFTW
Cap has fought opponents with fast HF before. And HF doesn't take away the pain. I believe that the Kree have a HF with superhuman stats? I could be wrong. But Cap is very strong willed. So with the pheromones, Stillman. How do you see Daken using it against Cap? If Cap lands his signature leaning punch or a strong jab to the throat with his shield. It will stop Daken in his tracks long enough for Steve to add more punishment.

You're right of course, HF doesn't take away the pain. But Daken is used to it. Just like X-23 or even Wolverine himself. His pain tolerance is extraordinary. If you don't like this explanation, then there's always the one made by Warren Ellis... that Wolverine-type hf "comes with some pain reduction".

I'm not denying that Captain has a strong willpower. But so does Wolverine. And Daken's pheromones worked on him just fine. You could possibly argue that after Harada's (re)training he could resist them... but I'd call that "prep". Not applicable here. And we don't know if Daken even tried to use that power then anyway.

Marvelknight
You're right of course, HF doesn't take away the pain. But Daken is used to it. Just like X-23 or even Wolverine himself. His pain tolerance is extraordinary. If you don't like this explanation, then there's always the one made by Warren Ellis... that Wolverine-type hf "comes with some pain reduction".

I'm not denying that Captain has a strong willpower. But so does Wolverine. And Daken's pheromones worked on him just fine. You could possibly argue that after Harada's (re)training he could resist them... but I'd call that "prep". Not applicable here. And we don't know if Daken even tried to use that power then anyway.

That fight happened in Wolverine Origins right?

I've seen him toy with Moonstone and Bullseye with this power. So I'm thinking mid fight, Cap will somehow be fooled to stop fighting or become attracted to Daken (which would besick). I need to better understand the nature of this power.

StiltmanFTW
That fight happened in Wolverine Origins right?

I've seen him toy with Moonstone and Bullseye with this power. So I'm thinking mid fight, Cap will somehow be fooled to stop fighting or become attracted to Daken (which would besick). I need to better understand the nature of this power.

Yes. "Seven the hard way", end of the arc I think.

I believe Moonstone was just fascinated with Daken. He didn't toy with her, he actually revealed his true nature and repelled her, iirc. He used it on Lester though... at least in one instance when he made him overly agressive or something.

With his pheromone power Daken can make the enemy feel whatever he wants him to. Vision distortion, false sense of security, paranoia, laugh attack, etc. Even mid-combat.

He often doesn't take fights seriously, because he likes to pretend to lose and manipulate people. Like in the fight with Gambit, when he sheathed his claws.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.