Arkillo vs. Super Skrull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081231221514/greenlantern/images/d/d7/234373-1132-arkillo_super.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/462/106615-77838-skrull.jpg

Gecko4lif
Good fight

SS 6/10

zopzop
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Good fight

SS 6/10
thumb up

Prep-Man
Arkillo.

Arkillo did not impress me. SS explodes his hand and takes the ring. SS 8/10.

Prep-Man
Fighting Mongul without the ring?

vansonbee
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Fighting Mongul without the ring? Fighting with Mongul, that gives him a good feat, but SS blows up Mongul and Arkillo brains in synchronize matter.

Prep-Man
Mongul has been blown up before, ripped in half and still came back to fight. Mongul would rip SS a new one.

-Pr-
Arkillo was shown to be one of the most threatening of the Sinestro Corps; I don't see how he could be considered unimpressive.

Not sure if he wins though. In a physical fight, maybe, but all powers considered makes it something else entirely.

vansonbee
Mongul has been blown up before, ripped in half and still came back to fight. Mongul would rip SS a new one. He did? What happen? How long was he able to pull everything back together?

Prep-Man
I'm trying to find the scans now, but I think it was his run in with Mother Mercy. He was pretty mangled and before that took on a small team of GLC, which included Guy Gardner and John. Mongul with rings is solid top tier, IMO. Above the likes of SS. Physically he's pretty formidable as well.

Prep-Man
Here was the team he faced.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8190/356240-90970-mongul_large.jpg

Here is Bzzt flying through his eye.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13181/498170-bzzd3_large.jpg

vansonbee
So your saying Mongul can't die, even if his brain function is destroyed?

Where was Bzzt previously flying from inside? He flew in his ear or mouth to pop out the eye? There can even be speculation that Mongul brain is very small, thats why Bzzt didn't hit his brain.

Prep-Man
Did I say he can't die? No. However, you have to take into account his past feats WITHOUT the ring. He's been formidable enough to take it to Hal Jordan and Superman. He's going to beat SS.

vansonbee
Did I say he can't die? No. However, you have to take into account his past feats WITHOUT the ring. He's been formidable enough to take it to Hal Jordan and Superman. He's going to beat SS. Yah, he is a formidable character, but that doesn't mean he can override having a bubble forming inside his brain.

Superman and Hal never produce that exact attempt on him.

SS is out to kill.

Prep-Man
If Mongul is out for the kill, he'll do it faster. That's really SS only option. If he can handle the likes of GL's and Superman, he can do the same to SS.

Endless Mike
IMO any competent ring wielder should be above the likes of Kl'rt

Originally posted by -Pr-
Arkillo was shown to be one of the most threatening of the Sinestro Corps; I don't see how he could be considered unimpressive.

Not sure if he wins though. In a physical fight, maybe, but all powers considered makes it something else entirely. fine, unimpressive may be too much, but his brickshness doesnt make much of lantern IMO and killowog finished him with a move that SS could easily replicate.

Prep-Man
Which was?

dump a lot of shit on him and then cut his finger off iirc

Prep-Man
I believe it was a ship. But thats assuming SS is more formidable than Kilowog, which I don't think he is.

celeyhyga17
Arkillo
5.5-6/10

I believe it was a ship. But thats assuming SS is more formidable than Kilowog, which I don't think he is. not really. the feat itself wasnt beyond klrt despite kilowog being more powerful than him. besides, SS's use of the forcefields inside his opponent's body should suffice to destroy the hand that wields the ring or stroke him out. there's also mindcontrol

Prep-Man
He won't be able to that when Arkillo is pounding him from above. Arkillo took it to Mongul for almost an entire issue. Mongul is superior to SS physically.

monguls's a brick and the SS is his superior in versatilty. besides, SS has a pretty decent damage soak between reed richards elasticity and thing's durability.

Prep-Man
A brick that has tangled with beings more versatile than SS. Hal Jordan for one. He's also fast enough to tag speedsters as well.

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
fine, unimpressive may be too much, but his brickshness doesnt make much of lantern IMO and killowog finished him with a move that SS could easily replicate.

Not exactly a mean feat, though, and it wasn't JUST that; he had shown himself to be borderline Kilowog's equal at times, I thought.

--

I don't know if SS's durability would hold up. Not saying it wouldn't, just that I'm not sure either way.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not exactly a mean feat, though, and it wasn't JUST that; he had shown himself to be borderline Kilowog's equal at times, I thought.

--

I don't know if SS's durability would hold up. Not saying it wouldn't, just that I'm not sure either way.

Yeah, it's not like Wog steam rolled Arkillo. Arkillo was putting up a good fight and we all know how heroes always win in the end.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11466/234387-48580-arkillo_large.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11466/234383-42528-arkillo_large.JPG

Have no fear, fellas. Arkillo will certainly have more feats in Bedards New Guardians.

Prep-Man
Anyone who can put up a good fight against Mongul and Wog gets the majority in my book.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/Arkillo_vs__Mongul.jpg

vansonbee
In the kilowag fight, it was ring enhanced right?

WhiteWitchKing
A brick that has tangled with beings more versatile than SS. Hal Jordan for one. He's also fast enough to tag speedsters as well.

And he can see Kl'rt in invisibility mode? Thor was getting a beat down when SS pulled that move during Infinity Crusade. Current SS is a better fighter then he was in the 90s. Arkillo ain't he what he can't see. For all the takes about Wog and Mongul, Arkillo mainly displays brute force rather competency using the his ring. With SS using his set of powers, Arkillo's brute isn't going to win him these fights.

SS 6-7/10.

Bentley
Arkillo for a slight majority.

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
And he can see Kl'rt in invisibility mode? Thor was getting a beat down when SS pulled that move during Infinity Crusade. Current SS is a better fighter then he was in the 90s. Arkillo ain't he what he can't see. For all the takes about Wog and Mongul, Arkillo mainly displays brute force rather competency using the his ring. With SS using his set of powers, Arkillo's brute isn't going to win him these fights.

SS 6-7/10. thats pretty much my point. he was a good brick, but not much of a lantern. SS can bypass his brickshness. he's got invisibilty, midcontrol and the forcefields can be dropped behind his shields even inside his body.

Prep-Man
Arkillo has used his ring to heal and use force fields as well. Plus create constructs.

vansonbee
Arkillo has used his ring to heal and use force fields as well. Plus create constructs. Weapon constructs like a mace and axe right? wink

Force fields are a given, so I won't ask for a scan, but can you w/ the healing part?

Prep-Man
I'll see what I can find, but I think it happened sometime after his fight w/ Mongul.

quanchi112
Very close one here. Ok, I'll give it to the marvel guy since it's very close. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.