Storm and Cyclops in a relationship?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RLAAMJR.
I wasn't really surprised to see this coming since both of them has always been close as leaders of the X-Men and makes more sense than Storm and Black Panther relationship.

Feel the LOVE.

Coming this November.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/AstonishingXMen_44_Cover_02.jpg

the ninjak
What a playa.

vansonbee
Originally posted by the ninjak
What a playa. Nothing compared to Logan list.

http://forums.wolverinefiles.com/single/?p=165212&t=1611056

jalek moye
Wait till it comes out those things can be misleading.

-Pr-
I like the idea of the two of them being together, but Emma is always going to be the best match for him imo. Storm, as far as i can tell, is just going to be another, less crao Jean.

jalek moye
i think it would be cool if they explored an actual relationship with him and Psylocke.

-Pr-
Originally posted by jalek moye
i think it would be cool if they explored an actual relationship with him and Psylocke.

Hells yeah; now yer talkin'.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by -Pr-
I like the idea of the two of them being together, but Emma is always going to be the best match for him imo. Storm, as far as i can tell, is just going to be another, less crao Jean.

Dont you say anything bad about Jean mad

jalek moye
Maaan. Mutha F*ck Jean!

-Pr-
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Dont you say anything bad about Jean mad

What is there to say that i haven't said already...

Bentley
No way Storm is quitting T'challa, she's a queen and all, we don't need another Lady-D.

Placidity
This is bloody blasphemy. Optic blast to the face b1tch. Even Mr Sinister does not approve. Bad form Scotty, bad form.

Bentley
Scott just wants to sleep with all the woman Wolverine couldn't get. That's their Schism right there.

Scythe
I'm surprised it wasn't a Psychic chick, he prolly scoped the field and went: "Leeeeeet's seeeee, Hope? Wait......"

Storm.

RLAAMJR.
the cover art makes me really, really curious what would really happen

the ninjak
Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
the cover art makes me really, really curious what would really happen

laughing Let's just say Scott is about to live your greatest fantasy.

vansonbee
What next? Logan + Rogue?

colossulrage
Maaan. Mutha F*ck Jean! eek! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH im laughing so hard i cant breath

RLAAMJR.
Originally posted by colossulrage
eek! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH im laughing so hard i cant breath

lol. But i really prefer Storm and Wolverine.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/10/106125/1875421-stormfinal1.jpg

peejayd
Originally posted by vansonbee
What next? Logan + Rogue?

* they've already done that...

Deadline
Jesus Christ do you just have to **** with peoples relationships. Couldn't you just leave it alone.

Bentley
I miss Janet and Hank together sad

biscuits

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bentley
I miss Janet and Hank together sad

biscuits

Hey, they were a good couple. uhuh

Bentley
They were fun and very in love, but I think there was too little emphasis in how Janet was bonkers and too much on Pym's failures.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bentley
They were fun and very in love, but I think there was too little emphasis in how Janet was bonkers and too much on Pym's failures.

That's why you need a new writer.

colossulrage
storm and wolverine does make more sense

peejayd
Originally posted by colossulrage
storm and wolverine does make more sense

* maybe, but they still look horrible together... don't get me wrong, in my opinion, Scott-Ororo romance also has no chemistry...

Ridley_Prime
Indeed, and just when you thought they couldn't take anymore dignity from them...

-Pr-
If Gillen is writing this i'll give it a shot.

Scott SHOULD be with Emma though. If they break them up and make it his fault, i'll be pissed.

vansonbee
If Gillen is writing this i'll give it a shot.

Scott SHOULD be with Emma though. If they break them up and make it his fault, i'll be pissed. How long have they been together (excluding the affair)?

-Pr-
Originally posted by vansonbee
How long have they been together (excluding the affair)?

What affair? Oh, the psychic thing.

They officially became a couple after Jean's death, which started in New X-Men 155, which was in 2004.

Darth Jello
heh, is it cuz he pulls a Madelaine on Emma and ditches as soon as he knocks her up?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Jello
heh, is it cuz he pulls a Madelaine on Emma and ditches as soon as he knocks her up?

That wasn't what happened. uhuh

Darth Jello
That wasn't what happened. uhuh Did he pull a Jean, cheat on her and then blame it on apocalypse?

-Pr-
Did he pull a Jean, cheat on her and then blame it on apocalypse?

That would require Emma to go to Wolverine and try to f*ck him before Cyclops touched Storm.

jalek moye
Yeah didn't jean only not because Wolverine didn't want to?

-Pr-
Yeah didn't jean only not because Wolverine didn't want to?

Yep, Logan turned her down, stating that it would never work between them. It has to be remembered that Scott and Emma were somewhat psychically involved by that point, but Jean's actions were a hell of a lot more premeditated.

Sabretooth

That wasn't what happened. uhuh

Yeah, he didn't ditch Madelyne until AFTER young Nathan was born. Big differance.

-Pr-
He didn't "ditch" her, period.

Sabretooth
He didn't "ditch" her, period.

I KNEW that would get a rise out of you.

But yes, he did. Unless you count having to find out your husband left you and your son from a television commercial.

Just goes to show you, if a guy is willing to cheat on his wife with you, he's willing to cheat on you with the next hot mutant that comes along. Storm would never do it though, she's married. Then again, that never stopped Scott did it?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sabretooth
I KNEW that would get a rise out of you.

But yes, he did. Unless you count having to find out your husband left you and your son from a television commercial.

Just goes to show you, if a guy is willing to cheat on his wife with you, he's willing to cheat on you with the next hot mutant that comes along. Storm would never do it though, she's married. Then again, that never stopped Scott did it?

"a rise"?

he never ditched her. He left to see if Jean was alive, and it was Madelyne who told him not to come back. When he did make the effort and came back, she was gone. He's the one that went cross country to try and find her, and that's not forgetting the very real possibility that Madelyne was still messing with his head.

Scott never physically cheated, and even if you want to argue that there's no difference, Jean cheated first.

He doesn't make a habit of cheating on women. Never has.

Sabretooth
he never ditched her. He left to see if Jean was alive, and it was Madelyne who told him not to come back. When he did make the effort and came back, she was gone. He's the one that went cross country to try and find her, and that's not forgetting the very real possibility that Madelyne was still messing with his head.
I've read X-Factor #1. There was quite a bit of time (enough to see his old buddies, see Jean, form a super team, get some equipment, track down and contain Rusty, and film a television commercial) before he got around to making an effort to come back. How long does it usually take to remember "Hey, I have a son. Maybe I should call and see how junior is doing."? He might have made things more right (not totally right) by rescuing Nathan and raising him with Jean in the parrallel future, but he still ditched his wife and kid as soon as he heard Jean was alive. Ditched. The last panel of the comic tells the whole story. Look at it and tell me what you see happening.
Scott never physically cheated, and even if you want to argue that there's no difference, Jean cheated first.
Seriously? You REALLY don't count all those "therapy" sessions with Emma as cheating? To each his own I guess, But I would sure count it as cheating if my wife was telepathically banging someone. This is more than just imagining yourself sleeping with someone. This is sharing your innermost thoughts , fears, feelings and emotions with someone else. That to me is much more intimate than anything in the physical realm.

As for Jean:

A. She was attracted to Wolverine, never slept with him, never telepathically slept with him. She wanted to, but never did (but she did try didn't she?). Scott wanted to AND did. Point Jean. You KNOW Superman has had thoughts about Power Girl. Those thoughts are well placed. She's a knockout. He has always stayed true to Lois though, even with Power Girl shaking her "points of interest" in his face. Do you consider Superman to be a cheater since he has had a stray thought cross his mind?

B. I agree she is also a dirtbag for not talking to Scott about her side of their marital problems, but two wrongs don't make a right. It's not like Scott was "getting even" with Jean by telepathically sticking it to Emma, he didn't know about her feelings for Wolverine, he just knew they were having problems and Emma was being a lot softer to him than Jean was during that time. For that matter Wolverine and Emma were the most guilty of the four. Especially Emma. Hussy.

C. This has nothing to do with Jean. She's not the one kissing Storm (unfortunately). Our discussion was about if and how Scott honked Madelyne and Nathan.
He doesn't make a habit of cheating on women. Never has.
Okay, count with me now. He cheated on Madelyne with Jean. He cheated on Jean with Emma and he is now seemingly cheating on Emma with Storm. How many times does it take to make something a habit?

Here's the thing; I know why Scott is such a dirtbag. He's a dirtbag because Marvel needs to make money and when two characters are happy and content with one-another for too long it gets boring and no one wants to pay money to read about them. The way to fix this is to either kill one of the two (Jean mostly) or have one be a dirty dirty cheater (Scott). I'm here poking fun at Cyclops because it makes the thin-skinned Cyclops fans grumpy and because the way Marvel writes Scott offends my morals as a father and husband. Just once I would like to see Scott get screwed over instead of having to be the dick. Emma would have been the perfect character to shatter his heart. I might even feel sorry for him for once. However, Marvel seemingly decides to have him tramp around yet again, this time with a married woman. They try so hard to portray Scott as a charismic leader that cares for his teammates and faces any challenge without backing down, then they go and write him to be the exact opposite when it comes to the people that care about him. Maybe we're looking at the wrong couple that Marvel is targeting. Maybe they're aiming to break-up Storm and Black-Panther so Storm can join the X-men again, or maybe they're targeting BOTH couples to completely restructure the emotional make-up of the X-Men. Either way, Scott still turns out to be the dick. I don't feel too sorry for the one he's screwing over this time though.

Emma is just getting what's coming to her.

-Pr-
Most of that isn't even true. Like, factually. no expression

Also, wtf @ the Power Girl stuff. She's his COUSIN.

Sabretooth
Most of that isn't even true. Like, factually. no expression
Sigh.

Truth #1:
UncannyXmen.net's issue synopsis describes at least seventeen days between the time when Scott walked out on Madelyne "without explanation" and the time when she sees the X-Factor commercial in the last panel. At least seventeen. Seventeen. At least. THAT is "ditching".

Or are you going to call the staff at UncannXmen.net liars as well? Read the issue yourself, because I don't think you remember it all that well.

Truth #2:
Jean never slept with Wolverine either physically or telepathically. Show me the comic and I'll retract the statment.

Truth #3:
Scott didn't know about Jean's feelings for Logan until after he started his telepathic affair with Emma. You said so yourself in this very thread.

Truth #4:
Emma and Logan ARE both dirtbags. Emma should have never advanced on Scott until he and Jean had broken up, and Wolverine has wanted Jean for himself since forever ago.

Truth #5:
Scott had a relationship with Jean while still married to Madalyne. He had a telepathic affair with Emma while still in a relationship with Jean. There is clearly something happening between him and Storm on that cover, and he is currently in a relationship with Emma. That's three times. That's a habit.

So what part of most of that isn't even true? Like, factually?

Time to take off the ruby-colored glasses and face facts.

Also, wtf @ the Power Girl stuff. She's his COUSIN.

I know she's his cousin. I know it's creepy. Don't talk to me like I'm stupid.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UqnZ82lmN9c/TevzxN66xFI/AAAAAAAAByI/gCBQGKO6d8M/s320/JLA%2B147%2BPG%2Bflirts.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kt7xg7iNjj1qziacgo1_500.jpg
I said Superman has had thoughts about his COUSIN. Picture one proves me right. She is hanging all over him, and he is definitely noticing.
Here is a bigger pic in case you can't read the dialogue:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UqnZ82lmN9c/TevzxN66xFI/AAAAAAAAByI/gCBQGKO6d8M/s1600/JLA%2B147%2BPG%2Bflirts.jpg

He does look pretty suprised and then grossed out in picture two though, but SHE doesn't. I don't think Superman did an adequate job of convincing her not to try that again.

If you're grossed out, take it up with the writers, not me.

-Pr-
You're getting emotional, when this isn't personal. erm

1. Ditching in your opinion.
2. There's more ways to cheat than having sex.
3. Then I was wrong; her unwillingness to completely reject Logan had to have played on his mind for a long time, imo.
4. Dirtbags is a bit harsh, imo. And I'm no Wolverine fan.
5. A cover isn't shit. Seriously. Until it happens in a comic, it really doesn't count. Scott only entered in to a relationship with Jean once Maddie was out of the picture. He only became "involved" with Emma when his marriage was on the rocks. Was it necessarily right? No; but it's certainly understandable imo. He's only human.

I wasn't talking to you like you're stupid.

Pre-crisis scans don't count, nor do ones where either of them are mind-controlled. There's never been any real attraction between Superman and Power Girl.

ExodusCloak
Jean had rough psychic sex with Mastermind at the very least as it was explicitly stated and shownon panel. Getting involved with him physically was hinted as well but was never explicitly shown.

Badabing
I've read X-Factor #1. There was quite a bit of time (enough to see his old buddies, see Jean, form a super team, get some equipment, track down and contain Rusty, and film a television commercial) before he got around to making an effort to come back. How long does it usually take to remember "Hey, I have a son. Maybe I should call and see how junior is doing."? He might have made things more right (not totally right) by rescuing Nathan and raising him with Jean in the parrallel future, but he still ditched his wife and kid as soon as he heard Jean was alive. Ditched. The last panel of the comic tells the whole story. Look at it and tell me what you see happening.

Seriously? You REALLY don't count all those "therapy" sessions with Emma as cheating? To each his own I guess, But I would sure count it as cheating if my wife was telepathically banging someone. This is more than just imagining yourself sleeping with someone. This is sharing your innermost thoughts , fears, feelings and emotions with someone else. That to me is much more intimate than anything in the physical realm.

As for Jean:

A. She was attracted to Wolverine, never slept with him, never telepathically slept with him. She wanted to, but never did (but she did try didn't she?). Scott wanted to AND did. Point Jean. You KNOW Superman has had thoughts about Power Girl. Those thoughts are well placed. She's a knockout. He has always stayed true to Lois though, even with Power Girl shaking her "points of interest" in his face. Do you consider Superman to be a cheater since he has had a stray thought cross his mind?

B. I agree she is also a dirtbag for not talking to Scott about her side of their marital problems, but two wrongs don't make a right. It's not like Scott was "getting even" with Jean by telepathically sticking it to Emma, he didn't know about her feelings for Wolverine, he just knew they were having problems and Emma was being a lot softer to him than Jean was during that time. For that matter Wolverine and Emma were the most guilty of the four. Especially Emma. Hussy.

C. This has nothing to do with Jean. She's not the one kissing Storm (unfortunately). Our discussion was about if and how Scott honked Madelyne and Nathan.

Okay, count with me now. He cheated on Madelyne with Jean. He cheated on Jean with Emma and he is now seemingly cheating on Emma with Storm. How many times does it take to make something a habit?

Here's the thing; I know why Scott is such a dirtbag. He's a dirtbag because Marvel needs to make money and when two characters are happy and content with one-another for too long it gets boring and no one wants to pay money to read about them. The way to fix this is to either kill one of the two (Jean mostly) or have one be a dirty dirty cheater (Scott). I'm here poking fun at Cyclops because it makes the thin-skinned Cyclops fans grumpy and because the way Marvel writes Scott offends my morals as a father and husband. Just once I would like to see Scott get screwed over instead of having to be the dick. Emma would have been the perfect character to shatter his heart. I might even feel sorry for him for once. However, Marvel seemingly decides to have him tramp around yet again, this time with a married woman. They try so hard to portray Scott as a charismic leader that cares for his teammates and faces any challenge without backing down, then they go and write him to be the exact opposite when it comes to the people that care about him. Maybe we're looking at the wrong couple that Marvel is targeting. Maybe they're aiming to break-up Storm and Black-Panther so Storm can join the X-men again, or maybe they're targeting BOTH couples to completely restructure the emotional make-up of the X-Men. Either way, Scott still turns out to be the dick. I don't feel too sorry for the one he's screwing over this time though.

Emma is just getting what's coming to her. dur

the ninjak
Scott regardless of the title pages isn't gonna start a relationship with Ororo.

If he tries it will be short lived and perfectly natural. She's hot.

But I believe those shots were the representation of Storm joining Scott's political cadre. She also joined the Avengers which is controversial in light of recent activities. This is good for Storm for she is a powerful individual and leader and she can sway any situation.

Sabretooth
You're getting emotional, when this isn't personal. erm

1. Ditching in your opinion.
2. There's more ways to cheat than having sex.
3. Then I was wrong; her unwillingness to completely reject Logan had to have played on his mind for a long time, imo.
4. Dirtbags is a bit harsh, imo. And I'm no Wolverine fan.
5. A cover isn't shit. Seriously. Until it happens in a comic, it really doesn't count. Scott only entered in to a relationship with Jean once Maddie was out of the picture. He only became "involved" with Emma when his marriage was on the rocks. Was it necessarily right? No; but it's certainly understandable imo. He's only human.

I wasn't talking to you like you're stupid.

Pre-crisis scans don't count, nor do ones where either of them are mind-controlled. There's never been any real attraction between Superman and Power Girl.

1. http://www.websters-dictionary-online.org/definitions/ditch

ditch

Verb
1. Forsake; "ditch a lover".
2. Throw away.
3. Sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly.

Yeah, "ditch" sounds about right to me.

2. I agree. I consider "cheating" to mean anything you do with another person that you can't tell your spouse about. Scott was the first of the two to involve someone else in his cheating. I don't count the Mastermind thing either. Being directly mind-controlled by a pervert with insecurity issues doesn't count.
3. Excuses are only that. Two wrongs still don't and never will make a right.
4."Homewreckers" then. "Dirtbag" still applies to Scott though.
5. I agree. More information in needed before full judgment can be passed here. That's why I have included the word "seemingly" in reference to the Storm/Cyclops relationship thus far. As far as Madelyne/Jean goes, Scott cheated on Madelyne with Jean the minute he hid the fact that Jean was alive and he was going to see her. You said it yourself, " There's more ways to cheat than having sex." Madelyne never did anything to Scott to warrent that.

I concede that you're right about Superman and Power Girl having no attraction to one another. At least not post-crisis. I remembered his reaction to the licking in the second scan to be far less disgusted than it was when I initially wrote the Superman/Power Girl thing. I should have rechecked that.

Superman would be about the only one in the DCU that hasn't taken any notice of her though. Black Canary mentions Power Girl as having the top bosom of DCU, comparing her assets with a "national treasure" and even "mister always serious" Batman has noticed or made reference to them a few times, so she gets it from both sides of the gender line. DC also isn't afraid to take Power Girl and her relationships in to the realm of creepyness. Conner used to make comments on how hot he thought she was (though he may not have known she was his sort-of cousin at the time), and she has even kissed Supergirl. Does it count as incest if it's another universe's counter-part of yourself?

I think Power Girl is just the victim of several sexually frustrated comic authors who use her to flesh out their fantasies in the comics. Comic artists too. have you ever noticed the Power Girl's breasts are in the exact center of almost every comic panel she's in? I'm not complaining at all, FAR from it. I'm just making an observation.

Sabretooth
Scott regardless of the title pages isn't gonna start a relationship with Ororo.

If he tries it will be short lived and perfectly natural. She's hot.

But I believe those shots were the representation of Storm joining Scott's political cadre. She also joined the Avengers which is controversial in light of recent activities. This is good for Storm for she is a powerful individual and leader and she can sway any situation.
I hope you're right about Scott and Ororo. I think they would ba a bad couple. Then again, I've never really liked her with anybody other than Forge, so I won't mind in she leaves T'Challa and focuses on her hero career again.

The Big O
So what came of this. I don't keep up with comics enough to know that much but isn't that Retro Storm? I wonder if that has some sort of significance...?

-Pr-
1. http://www.websters-dictionary-online.org/definitions/ditch

ditch

Verb
1. Forsake; "ditch a lover".
2. Throw away.
3. Sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly.

Yeah, "ditch" sounds about right to me.

2. I agree. I consider "cheating" to mean anything you do with another person that you can't tell your spouse about. Scott was the first of the two to involve someone else in his cheating. I don't count the Mastermind thing either. Being directly mind-controlled by a pervert with insecurity issues doesn't count.
3. Excuses are only that. Two wrongs still don't and never will make a right.
4."Homewreckers" then. "Dirtbag" still applies to Scott though.
5. I agree. More information in needed before full judgment can be passed here. That's why I have included the word "seemingly" in reference to the Storm/Cyclops relationship thus far. As far as Madelyne/Jean goes, Scott cheated on Madelyne with Jean the minute he hid the fact that Jean was alive and he was going to see her. You said it yourself, " There's more ways to cheat than having sex." Madelyne never did anything to Scott to warrent that.

I concede that you're right about Superman and Power Girl having no attraction to one another. At least not post-crisis. I remembered his reaction to the licking in the second scan to be far less disgusted than it was when I initially wrote the Superman/Power Girl thing. I should have rechecked that.

Superman would be about the only one in the DCU that hasn't taken any notice of her though. Black Canary mentions Power Girl as having the top bosom of DCU, comparing her assets with a "national treasure" and even "mister always serious" Batman has noticed or made reference to them a few times, so she gets it from both sides of the gender line. DC also isn't afraid to take Power Girl and her relationships in to the realm of creepyness. Conner used to make comments on how hot he thought she was (though he may not have known she was his sort-of cousin at the time), and she has even kissed Supergirl. Does it count as incest if it's another universe's counter-part of yourself?

I think Power Girl is just the victim of several sexually frustrated comic authors who use her to flesh out their fantasies in the comics. Comic artists too. have you ever noticed the Power Girl's breasts are in the exact center of almost every comic panel she's in? I'm not complaining at all, FAR from it. I'm just making an observation.

1. How, when that's not what he did?

2. Our definitions are different then. Jean kissed Logan before Scott touched Emma, psychically or physically.

3. No, they don't, but I think you're being a bit extreme with how much blame you're throwing at Cyclops.

4. She fell in love with him. Sure, it's not technically "right", but she didn't do it out of malice. I still don't see how you can call him a dirtbag, tbh.

5. I don't agree at all, tbh. Sometimes keeping a secret from your partner is warranted so as to avoid unneccessary worry. At least imo.

What's the relevance of the Power Girl stuff? I'm genuinely asking, as I don't recall where we were going with that.

Originally posted by The Big O
So what came of this. I don't keep up with comics enough to know that much but isn't that Retro Storm? I wonder if that has some sort of significance...?

Nothing as of yet, it seems.

RLAAMJR.
Originally posted by The Big O

That's Storm from an alternate universe.

peejayd
* hello, Sabretooth! remember me? stick out tongue

* you've made valid points here though:

Here's the thing; I know why Scott is such a dirtbag. He's a dirtbag because Marvel needs to make money and when two characters are happy and content with one-another for too long it gets boring and no one wants to pay money to read about them.

If you're grossed out, take it up with the writers, not me.

* you're wasting your energy by blaming Scott, while the real culprit are the Marvel writers...

I hope you're right about Scott and Ororo. I think they would ba a bad couple. Then again, I've never really liked her with anybody other than Forge, so I won't mind in she leaves T'Challa and focuses on her hero career again.

* you can replace your Sabretooth avatar with a Storm avatar anytime, dude... laughing

Sabretooth
1. How, when that's not what he did?

2. Our definitions are different then. Jean kissed Logan before Scott touched Emma, psychically or physically.

3. No, they don't, but I think you're being a bit extreme with how much blame you're throwing at Cyclops.

4. She fell in love with him. Sure, it's not technically "right", but she didn't do it out of malice. I still don't see how you can call him a dirtbag, tbh.

5. I don't agree at all, tbh. Sometimes keeping a secret from your partner is warranted so as to avoid unneccessary worry. At least imo.

What's the relevance of the Power Girl stuff? I'm genuinely asking, as I don't recall where we were going with that.
1. Okay, clearly we're not reading the same issue of X-Factor #1. Tell you what, I'll tell you what I see and you tell what you see.

Okay, here we go...

Scott was feeling all sad because he was missing Jean. This was a strain on his and Madalyne's relationship because she (much like Emma later on) was getting tired of constantly being compared to a dead person. She also states that it hurts knowing he married her just because she looks like Jean. Maddie even asked Scott if he was thinking about Jean while out on the balcony. To which he replied "Yes.", so she went back inside without another word. (I'm going to guess here Scott slept on the sofa. My wife would have made me after some drama like that.) Next morning, Scott apologizes to Maddie and says they'll work it out. This statment is proven to be incorrect, because shortly after he gets the "Jean is alive" call from Warren, screams "SHE'S WHAT!?!" and says he's on his way. Scott then starts to leave and tells Madelyne he needs to see Warren REAL BAD. Maddie asks Scott to tell Warren he can't make it because his familt needs him too. Scott's all "I HAVE to..." and leaves without telling Maddie what's really going on. She tells him if he goes not to bother coming back and then cries into her towel. When he gets to NEW York and sees Jean, he also hides the fact that he's married from her. Then he starts a super team. As the issue ends, Scott still hasn't attempted to contact his family after (as previously stated by me) at least SEVENTEEN days.

Now, you tell me how in the world that's not "Sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly."

Your turn.

Tell what you're seeing that I'm not. I know you think I've got it wrong, so tell me what's right.

2. Hmmm. I thought Scott and Emma started their affair first, but I'll trust you on this. You do know your Cyclops lore.

3. Scotts a dirtbag for how he blew off his baby most, and then how he treated Maddie and Jean. In the later four-way marrage meltdown, blame goes from most to least: Emma, Logan, Scott, Jean. They all get some blame, even Jean. He's third out of four, could be worse. He could be...

4. EMMA seduced him while she was in a position of trust as his "therapist". He came to her because he needed help fixing his relationship with Jean. She fixed it all right. Logan has been a womanizer all his life, I remember when he was nailing Yukio while his heart supposedly belonged ONLY to Mariko. Don't even get me started on him...

5. Not when that secret involves you and another person. He's not telling her that her butt doesn't look big in those shorts to spare her feelings, he was hiding the fact that he was going to see the woman he was still in love with, just as he hid the fact he was married from Jean at first. That's more than just "a little white lie".

-----

The Powergirl stuff? Okay, bear with me here because this my point was totally lost beacuse of the whole "incest" thing.

I thought you were referring to Jean's mental attraction to Logan because I didn't think they had kissed until after Scott and Emma started their psychic affair, so wanted to make the point that feeling attraction to another was common and didn't count a cheating unless you acted on those thoughts.

I wanted to use Superman because:
A. We both respect the hell out of him.
B. He's about as close to you're ever going to get to a completely pure, incorruptible heart.

I used Power Girl in my example because she is considered by many (me included) to be a stone cold fox (even Batman has a tough time not looking at her breasts), so a guy would have to be dead, gay, or both not to at least entertain thoughts if she was flirting with him, and because as stated earlier, she's Superman's cousin, so logically she should be the last person Mr. Boyscout should be thinking about in that manner, yet he was.

In the first scan I showed, he is clearly twitterpated with Power Girl. Your response was the automatic "pre-crisis scans don't count", but I think it does count because this isn't the "versus" thread. We're not debating wether or not Superman can take a Hulk punch. Pre-Crisis Superman loved Lois just like Present Superman does, so my point is still valid. The scan proves that even Pre-Crisis Superman, who had Lois as his top romantic interest since his creation, was thinking about how hot his cousin was.

My point was just that if someone with upstanding character like Superman can be attracted to someone else (especially his cousin), what chance does Jean have with that hunky litle runt always running around shirtless and sweaty around her? Doesn't justify it, just wanted to point out that she wasn't alone.

The rest of it was trying to prove that it's the DC writers that were the perverts and I wasn't just imagining things.

I know this explanation was long-winded. It really needs to be when dealing with a topic like "Why I think Superman wants to hump his cousin".
Originally posted by peejayd
* you're wasting your energy by blaming Scott, while the real culprits are the Marvel writers...
Yeah, I agree. I'm not so mad at Scott the fictitious character as I am at they way Marvel writes him to be a selfish dick anytime they need something exiting to happen in his love life. Jean too. How many times has she kissed Wolverine now? Three? Four? Get over it Marvel! Logan and Jean are a crappy couple! You'll all see. They'll bring Jean back just to throw her at Wolverine yet again. It's more like a soap opera than a story about super-heroes. I guess these days people would rather read about drama and not about people doing things we can only dream about.
* you can replace your Sabretooth avatar with a Storm avatar anytime, dude... laughing
Not a bad idea. Anybody have a scan from the movie of Sabretooth with his hand around Storm's neck telling her to scream for him?

And just to keep this post on topic, if it is a Storm from a parallel universe, do you think this will make things weird between between Cyclops and the real Storm? Or better yet, Cyclops and Black Panther?

-Pr-
1. Yes, that happened in the comic. I just don't see where the "sever all ties" part comes in, tbh.

2. Uncanny X-Men 394, iirc.

3. He didn't blow off his baby; plus, you have to remember that at the time, Scott had just undergone (and was possibly still udnergoing) telepathic influencing by Maddie. Who's to say he was in his right mind at all?

4. Yes, she did. I'm not saying it wasn't right, just that she fell in love with him. When you fall in love, things tend to look different to you.

5. Why? If he'd told Maddie about Jean, she would have naturally assumed he was running back to be with her, when he wasn't. And the reason he didn't tell Jean was because, at first, he obviously didn't want to hurt her. I'm, again, not saying it was the best thing to do, but it was certainly understandable imo.

I don't mind Jean being attracted to Logan. Cyclops was attracted to Psylocke. What made me mad was Jean's utter refusal to tell Logan to f*ck off, and yet by that same token give Cyclops shit just because he glances in another woman's direction.

Sabretooth
1. Yes, that happened in the comic. I just don't see where the "sever all ties" part comes in, tbh.

2. Uncanny X-Men 394, iirc.

3. He didn't blow off his baby; plus, you have to remember that at the time, Scott had just undergone (and was possibly still udnergoing) telepathic influencing by Maddie. Who's to say he was in his right mind at all?

4. Yes, she did. I'm not saying it wasn't right, just that she fell in love with him. When you fall in love, things tend to look different to you.

5. Why? If he'd told Maddie about Jean, she would have naturally assumed he was running back to be with her, when he wasn't. And the reason he didn't tell Jean was because, at first, he obviously didn't want to hurt her. I'm, again, not saying it was the best thing to do, but it was certainly understandable imo.

I don't mind Jean being attracted to Logan. Cyclops was attracted to Psylocke. What made me mad was Jean's utter refusal to tell Logan to f*ck off, and yet by that same token give Cyclops shit just because he glances in another woman's direction.
"Sever all ties" meaning no way of communication. Scott didn't leave Maddy a way to contact him, he didn't tell her where he was going to be, didn't say when he expected to return and didn't try to contact her until part-way through the next issue. I'll estimate around twenty days of zero communication between Scott and his family. He may not have meant for it to be permanent, but I would still consider Scott to have severed all ties for that twenty-day period. I couldn't imagine not being able to talk to my kid for twenty days. Keeping my child from me would be the worst thing you could do to me. I would think any father worth his salt would feel the same way. I also don't buy that Madelyne's telepathic influence was effecting Scott all that much in these issues. Her mental influence always seemed to draw Scott closer to her and keep him with her, like Maddy being able to guess his favorite foods and the possibility of it effecting the outcome of the fight for leadership between Cyclops and Storm. He was probably able to resist her mental influence because he wanted to see Jean THAT BAD, though it does sound as if he planned to go back home to his family eventually. That doesn't change the fact that he wasn't there to protect his family from the Reavers and could have potentially gotten both of them killed as a result of his selfish actions. I doubt he could have handled the Reavers anyway, especially if Sabretooth was there. Matter of fact, Sinister would have to just send Sabretooth. He can handle Cyclops alone (take THAT!).

Scott has always been quiet and reserved, he didn't communicate his feelings first to Maddy when their marriage was rocky, and later to Jean when they were having marital problems, so this behavior has been with the character since the early X-Men comics when he liked Jean but couldn't communicate his feelings to her easily even back then. He should have told Maddy what was really going on and told Jean he was married from the start. Period. Warren was closer to the situation than probably anybody else and he agrees with me, the whole team does. They were the ones who eventually had to tell Jean about Scott's marriage, and she had to confront him later before he would talk about it. Emma is probably a better match for him in this respect. She's at least pushy enough to get him to come out of his shell and open up to her some of the time. She might have fallen in love with Scott, but "homewreckers" fall in love all the time. Her actions still ruined two people's relationship, or at least ruined it quicker.

I think Jean and Logan are a crappy couple because Logan is supposed to have a strong sense of honor. It seems to me he does things that would go against his code of honor all the time, like trying to get in the pants of a woman that is involved with a man that he supposedly respects or forgetting his duty to his teammates while he goes off to the woods somewhere to growl and lick his emotional wounds. Jean is just a boring character. Marvel realized this years ago and tried to breath life into her with a facelift called "Phoenix". It wasn't enough to make her interesting so they created "Dark Phoenix", and having no other place to take the character creatively, they killed her off. Some years later they bring her back with a slightly new power set in a reunion of the original X-Men, but she was still boring so they kill her off again. She is a better dead legend than an on-going character in my opinion. I hope they leave her dead for good this time.

Back to Storm though, I never have thought that there is enough room for her and Cyclops in the same book. I know there's like ten different X-Men comics running right now, so my guess is that if they do bring her back to the team, she wouldn't share many of the same issues with Scott. He could use more officers anyway, but she's proven in the past that she's independent, strong-willed and likes making her own decisions unless the guy giving the orders is in a wheelchair. I foresee an eventual clash between Storm and Cyclops about team philosophy.

peejayd

Dum Dum Dugan
* they've already done that...
No they havent. Wolverine has never dated rogue.

Dum Dum Dugan

To be fair to Jean, i think that has more to do with there powers then anything. It must hurt a lot more when u can see in ur husband mind and look at the fact he fantasying about another woman. It also not like it was hard to prompt those images either, he pretty much got a hard on looking at poster which reminded him of psylocke.

by no means am i saying jean was right or innoccent. I just saying jean should not be judge to harsh for some of her more hypocritical actions.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
To be fair to Jean, i think that has more to do with there powers then anything. It must hurt a lot more when u can see in ur husband mind and look at the fact he fantasying about another woman. It also not like it was hard to prompt those images either, he pretty much got a hard on looking at poster which reminded him of psylocke.

by no means am i saying jean was right or innoccent. I just saying jean should not be judge to harsh for some of her more hypocritical actions.

Jean and Scott had a psychic bond; he could see her thoughts too. stick out tongue

Dum Dum Dugan
Jean and Scott had a psychic bond; he could see her thoughts too. stick out tongue
lol I new u were gunna say that lol.

All joking asside they have always been so vague as to what that really even means. I was always under the impression it was more like the bond wolverine and psylocke had. Dont think he could see her romantic fantasy at least it was never implied that he could.

peejayd
No they havent. Wolverine has never dated rogue.

* i'm pretty sure they locked lips, dugan... and confessed their love for each other, although i can't remember if the comic i read was canon or not... my point -> logan & rogue -> already done...

* re: psychic rapport of scott & jean, it's very much implied that its mutual...

-Pr-
lol I new u were gunna say that lol.

All joking asside they have always been so vague as to what that really even means. I was always under the impression it was more like the bond wolverine and psylocke had. Dont think he could see her romantic fantasy at least it was never implied that he could.

They could hear each other's thoughts. For me it was always implied that when one of them had a random thought, the other heard it.

I'd say it was much deeper than what Logan and Psylocke had; they were married after all.

the ninjak
The Lover's Link that Scott and Jean had was huge on the feats scale.

Scott learned powerful repellent/telepathic talents in his relationship with Jean. Their children inherited such talents.

Jean back in the day defeated Apocalypse via such a link when he focused on Scott as a vessel of destruction. She telepathically took over Poccy through Scott.

Emma Frost recently defeated an indestructible Mr Sinister (an Apocalypse lackey) with the same technique when Sinister tried to telepathically control Cyclops.

There is a reason why Cyclops attracts telepaths. And why a non-telepath won't have a decent relationship with him. He harnesses telepaths due to his history with them. He understands them. Jean, Psyocke and Frost.

Any fictional relationship with Storm and Scott won't last long. She simply can't handle him. He is an extreme manipulator. They are both natural leaders but Scott is a tactical machine whereas Storm is just wise.

These two should never get together. And if they did it would be because of a mistake in judgment. A quicky.

Bouboumaster
So, if I understand correctly, everybody agree that Cyclops is kind of like an immense douche?

the ninjak
I don't think he's a douche at all. He loved his wife. She died and he's surrounded by babes.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
So, if I understand correctly, everybody agree that Cyclops is kind of like an immense douche?

No.

-Pr-
"Sever all ties" meaning no way of communication. Scott didn't leave Maddy a way to contact him, he didn't tell her where he was going to be, didn't say when he expected to return and didn't try to contact her until part-way through the next issue. I'll estimate around twenty days of zero communication between Scott and his family. He may not have meant for it to be permanent, but I would still consider Scott to have severed all ties for that twenty-day period. I couldn't imagine not being able to talk to my kid for twenty days. Keeping my child from me would be the worst thing you could do to me. I would think any father worth his salt would feel the same way. I also don't buy that Madelyne's telepathic influence was effecting Scott all that much in these issues. Her mental influence always seemed to draw Scott closer to her and keep him with her, like Maddy being able to guess his favorite foods and the possibility of it effecting the outcome of the fight for leadership between Cyclops and Storm. He was probably able to resist her mental influence because he wanted to see Jean THAT BAD, though it does sound as if he planned to go back home to his family eventually. That doesn't change the fact that he wasn't there to protect his family from the Reavers and could have potentially gotten both of them killed as a result of his selfish actions. I doubt he could have handled the Reavers anyway, especially if Sabretooth was there. Matter of fact, Sinister would have to just send Sabretooth. He can handle Cyclops alone (take THAT!).

Scott has always been quiet and reserved, he didn't communicate his feelings first to Maddy when their marriage was rocky, and later to Jean when they were having marital problems, so this behavior has been with the character since the early X-Men comics when he liked Jean but couldn't communicate his feelings to her easily even back then. He should have told Maddy what was really going on and told Jean he was married from the start. Period. Warren was closer to the situation than probably anybody else and he agrees with me, the whole team does. They were the ones who eventually had to tell Jean about Scott's marriage, and she had to confront him later before he would talk about it. Emma is probably a better match for him in this respect. She's at least pushy enough to get him to come out of his shell and open up to her some of the time. She might have fallen in love with Scott, but "homewreckers" fall in love all the time. Her actions still ruined two people's relationship, or at least ruined it quicker.

I think Jean and Logan are a crappy couple because Logan is supposed to have a strong sense of honor. It seems to me he does things that would go against his code of honor all the time, like trying to get in the pants of a woman that is involved with a man that he supposedly respects or forgetting his duty to his teammates while he goes off to the woods somewhere to growl and lick his emotional wounds. Jean is just a boring character. Marvel realized this years ago and tried to breath life into her with a facelift called "Phoenix". It wasn't enough to make her interesting so they created "Dark Phoenix", and having no other place to take the character creatively, they killed her off. Some years later they bring her back with a slightly new power set in a reunion of the original X-Men, but she was still boring so they kill her off again. She is a better dead legend than an on-going character in my opinion. I hope they leave her dead for good this time.

Back to Storm though, I never have thought that there is enough room for her and Cyclops in the same book. I know there's like ten different X-Men comics running right now, so my guess is that if they do bring her back to the team, she wouldn't share many of the same issues with Scott. He could use more officers anyway, but she's proven in the past that she's independent, strong-willed and likes making her own decisions unless the guy giving the orders is in a wheelchair. I foresee an eventual clash between Storm and Cyclops about team philosophy.

oh, so it's a Sabretooth thing now, is it? sneer

That's the thing, though: Scott was able to communicate his feelings with Jean throughout their marriage; it was only when Apocalypse got inside his head and shattered some of his preconceptions that he began to draw away. I do wonder, though, that if Jean had pushed a little, maybe he would have come around. She was the love of his life after all. Yes, he should have told Jean from the start. I don't agree that he should have told Maddie, though. Yes, you can say Emma contributed to their demise, but tbh, the marriage was on the rocks already; I don't blame Emma any more than I do Jean or Scott (or Logan or Apocalypse) for the breakup of their marriage.

I would have seen that too, but Cyclops' shift back towards something resembling "in character" would make them get on better. Remember, for many years Scott and Ororo were very close friends.

Sabretooth

Bouboumaster
As much as I'd like to answer this the other way just to get -Pr- going, I have to say no. A "douche" is a person who is acting stupidly and Cyclops is far from a stupid person. He's a LOT of things, but "douche" isn't one of them.

So, he's an *******, than?

-Pr-
No.

the ninjak
Nah he's not an xxxxxxx either. Jean cheated on him too. Perks of the job.

Sabretooth
Somewhat related to this discussion, UncannyXmen.net has updated their relationship map for Valentine's Day.

Link:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=4&fldAuto=189

I noticed that Wolverine is quite the man-whore. I also noticed that pretty much all the X-Men are weiner cousins. I figured a lot of them were already, but not that many. Damn. There is also no connection between Cyclops and Storm (yet).

Bouboumaster
Somewhat related to this discussion, UncannyXmen.net has updated their relationship map for Valentine's Day.

Link:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=4&fldAuto=189

I noticed that Wolverine is quite the man-whore. I also noticed that pretty much all the X-Men are weiner cousins. I figured a lot of them were already, but not that many. Damn. There is also no connection between Cyclops and Storm (yet).

Man, Wolverine is a PIMP.

peejayd

The Big O
I can't understand that map on the least bit. But maybe that's because I'm not really concentrating....?

Anodyne
Yeah, he didn't ditch Madelyne until AFTER young Nathan was born. Big differance.
He was neglecting Madelyne before the birth: Every X-Man in Paris took the time to call Scott's pregnant wife--except Scott. IMHO that was what first caused Maddie to see the X-Men as rivals for her husband's interest.

Scott and Ororo should have a relationship--but not a romantic or sexual relationship.

the ninjak
Scott and Ororo should have sex. There kid will be the next super Xman!

The power of the Earth's elements mixed with the infinite energies of the Crimson dimension. A match made in heaven. Jean's dead and Emma's a *****.

Cyclops needs to make a baby with Storm........pronto! Of all the Xmen, Scott and Ororo have always been the best 2 leaders of the Xmen. Who better?

Sabretooth
Originally posted by Anodyne
He was neglecting Madelyne before the birth: Every X-Man in Paris took the time to call Scott's pregnant wife--except Scott. IMHO that was what first caused Maddie to see the X-Men as rivals for her husband's interest.
I would say she had a valid concern. Guys that blow off their family for their career need to check their priorities.
Originally posted by Anodyne
Scott and Ororo should have a relationship--but not a romantic or sexual relationship.
What kind of relationship do you mean? They're already friends and teammates that respect one another. Where else can you take it from there without it getting romantic or sexual?

The power of the Earth's elements mixed with the infinite energies of the Crimson dimension. A match made in heaven. Jean's dead and Emma's a *****.

Cyclops needs to make a baby with Storm........pronto! Of all the Xmen, Scott and Ororo have always been the best 2 leaders of the Xmen. Who better?
**facepalms**

Anodyne
* i'm pretty sure they locked lips, dugan... and confessed their love for each other, although i can't remember if the comic i read was canon or not... my point -> logan & rogue -> already done...
Logan kissed Rogue once to lend her his healing powers; it was during the story of his and Mariko's near-wedding. I'm not sure, but Rogue may have been injured defending Mariko; that was why Logan first began to accept Rogue as an X-Man. Can anyone recall that scene?

What kind of relationship do you mean? They're already friends and teammates that respect one another. Where else can you take it from there without it getting romantic or sexual?
How about Storm as a friend who stands up to Cyclops when she believes he's wrong, who doesn't blindly follow him but dares to challenge his judgment? And what if Scott respects her enough to listen?

-Pr-
I would say she had a valid concern. Guys that blow off their family for their career need to check their priorities.

**facepalms**

it wasn't his career; it was his entire life, and I think it was understandable that he was conflicted.

Ingonyama

So, basically...screw chemistry or if they work as a couple, or even if they particularly like each other, as long as Storm pops out another uber-mutant kid?

Wow, Sinister's got nothing on some of the folks here.

For the record, before he met Madelyne, I thought there could have been a chance for Scott and Ororo. When the X-Men were living on Julienne Cay in the Bermuda Triangle, they seemed to have some moments which leaned a little towards the romantic.

But then he did meet Madelyne, and I loved their relationship. Scott overcame his feelings for Jean and got with someone strong and unwilling to put up with crap...basically, the perfect person to keep him sane.

For her part, Storm underwent some fundamental changes (Mohawk phase) and grew closer to Logan, who was in turn mourning his enforced estrangement of Mariko Yashida. I would have loved to see their friendship develop into a relationship, or seen Logan and Mariko get back together. Both pairings make a lot more sense than Logan/Jean IMO.

Now, with everything that's happened since, including Jean's latest death, Scott's relationship with Emma and the way they've both grown as characters, and Storm's farce of a token pairing with the Black Panther? I don't think it works.

Then again, if this is an alternate universe, then different pairings can exist where they didn't before.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Ingonyama
So, basically...screw chemistry or if they work as a couple, or even if they particularly like each other, as long as Storm pops out another uber-mutant kid?

Wow, Sinister's got nothing on some of the folks here.

Precisely yes.

dyajeep
don't know if you're all aware...

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/09/27/comic-book-legends-revealed-438/3/

Scott's powers, at first, is the ability to absorb solar energy from the sun...

* then it was retconned that the blasts from his eyes came from a non-Einsteinian universe (OHOTMU 1983)

** then it was retconned again back to the first one (OHOTMU 1986, 2004)

yes, i think they are confused... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.