Classic Korvac vs Classic Demogorge...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Fight to the Death or KO; no BFR or PIS...

Who wins?

Gecko4lif
I... dont .... know....

zopzop
Classic Korvac had a fit when he thought Odin/Zeus/Mephisto were coming for him.

Demogorge slaughtered Mephisto + 5 other Hell Lords in their super realm without breaking a sweat. Demogorge slaughtered Sun and Thunder gods from all the Pantheons on Earth. Demogorge's awakening had Odin in a panic and he called a meeting of the Council Elite. Demogorge killed off the entire race of Elder Gods save for his mother, his aunt (who was off planet) and his two uncles (who ran).

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I... dont .... know....

That...

is...

an...

acceptable...

answer...

Happy Dance

smile

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Classic Korvac had a fit when he thought Odin/Zeus/Mephisto were coming for him.

Demogorge slaughtered Mephisto + 5 other Hell Lords in their super realm without breaking a sweat. Demogorge slaughtered Sun and Thunder gods from all the Pantheons on Earth. Demogorge's awakening had Odin in a panic and he called a meeting of the Council Elite. Demogorge killed off the entire race of Elder Gods save for his mother, his aunt (who was off planet) and his two uncles (who ran).

It wasnt just Odin/Zeus/Mephisto coming for him though...

Look again at the scan; it shows all of Odin's, Zeus's, and Mephisto's legions backing them up (all lined up on the Rainbow Bridge behind them)...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
It wasnt just Odin/Zeus/Mephisto coming for him though...

Look again at the scan; it shows all of Odins, Zeus's, and Mephisto's legions backing them up (all lined up on the Rainbow Bridge behind them)...

What difference does that make? Asgard sans Odin is a joke (same as Hell without Mephist and Olympus without Zeus). Thanos and crew were wrecking Asgard and her defenses till Odin put his foot down.

Gecko4lif
What difference does that make? Asgard sans Odin is a joke (same as Hell without Mephist and Olympus without Zeus). Thanos and crew were wrecking Asgard and her defenses till Odin put his foot down.
You dissin heimdall bruh?

zopzop
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
You dissin heimdall bruh?

No but he was taken care of easily as were the rest of Asgard's defenses. Nothing was stopping them till Odin showed up.

TheLordofMurder
They still are there though...

3 pantheons even minus there God Heads still must be respected; I'd argue that they would be undeniably dangerous with all 3 of their God Heads present (you get off into some creative, effective, tactics that could be used when you have some much legit fodder present; especially agianst a single foe)...

zopzop
They still are there though...

3 pantheons even minus there God Heads still must be respected; I'd argue that they would be undeniably dangerous with all 3 of their God Heads present (you get off into some creative, effective, tactics that could be used when you have some much legit fodder present; especially agianst a single foe)...

Not really. Not when Thanos and 3 heralds tore through one pantheon like a hot knife through butter.

TheLordofMurder
In addition, when Thanos and co were beating the Asgardians, it was with the "common" Asgardians only; no Thor, no Loki, no Baldur, ect, ect (the Warriors 3 were there though and managed to take out Strange, Gamora, and Moondragon; they were the only Asgardians of note present)...

I would imagine that against Korvac, all significant members of each pantheon would have been present...

TheLordofMurder
Not really. Not when Thanos and 3 heralds tore through one pantheon like a hot knife through butter.

Other than the Warriors 3, they faced nothing but fodder Asgardians...

zopzop
In addition, when Thanos and co were beating the Asgardians, it was with the "common" Asgardians only; no Thor, no Loki, no Baldur, ect, ect (the Warriors 3 were there though and managed to take out Strange, Gamora, and Moondragon; they were the only Asgardians of note present)...

I would imagine that against Korvac, all significant members of each pantheon would have been present...

Yeah but this is speculation. Demogorge took out hell lords in their own realm like they were insects.

Mephisto, Hela, Ahpuch, Pluto, Seth, Yama, Erishkigel, Thor, Apollo, Indra, Shango, Horus, Tawa, Quetzalcoatl, etc.. fell before Demogorge.

TheLordofMurder
With the Olympians, for example, you would have had Pluto (High Herald to Trans), Neptune (Trans), as well as all the other high profile Olympians present...

With the fodder backing them, they are in no way pushovers...

zopzop
With the Olympians, for example, you would have had Pluto (High Herald to Trans), Neptune (Trans), as well as all the other high profile Olympians present...

With the fodder backing them, they are in no way pushovers...

You are being way to generous with that Tiering scheme. Pluto has never put down Thor convincingly (outside his realm).

TheLordofMurder
Yeah but this is speculation. Demogorge took out hell lords in their own realm like they were insects.

Mephisto, Hela, Ahpuch, Pluto, Seth, Yama, Erishkigel, Thor, Apollo, Indra, Shango, Horus, Tawa, Quetzalcoatl, etc.. fell before Demogorge.

Ah, but Demogorge wont have that same "Mystical Being Eater" advantage against Korvac...

Nor could Korvac have just eatten the Gods as Demogorge did; he would have had to physically destroy them all...

To get back on topic, I think this is an interesting matchup; both have a history of draining the power of foes...

Korvac has never drained mystics before (to my knowledge) while Demogorge has only drained mystics...

As a result, I'm not even sure that Demogorges feats vs the Hell Lords is even relavent vs Korvac...

TheLordofMurder
You are being way to generous with that Tiering scheme. Pluto has never put down Thor convincingly (outside his realm).

Well Pluto has beaten Thor outside of Hades; he lost to him during Blood and Thunder, but he has managed to beat Thor nonetheless...

Inside Hades, Pluto is definitely Trans...thus he goes back and forth between the two.

Edit: let me double check that as pertains Pluto beating Thor outside of Hades; admittedly, my memory might be a little hazy on their history against one another...

zopzop
Ah, but Demogorge wont have that same "Mystical Being Eater" advantage against Korvac...

Nor could Korvac have just eatten the Gods as Demogorge did; he would have had to physically destropy them all...

To get back on topic, I think this is an interesting matchup; both have a history of draining the power of foes...

Korvac has never drained mystics before (to my knowledge) while Demogorge has only drained mystics...

As a result, I'm not even sure that Demogorges feats vs the Hell Lords is even relavent vs Korvac...

Korvac was taken down by the adult versions of Avengers Academy and was once imprisoned by Kruegarr in a dimension where his powers didn't work. He has good showings and absolutely garbage showings. Demogorge's worst showing was against a being that devoured 900 pantheons.

TheLordofMurder
Korvac was taken down by the adult versions of Avengers Academy and was once imprisoned by Kruegarr in a dimension where his powers didn't work. He has good showings and absolutely garbage showings. Demogorge's worst showing was against a being that devoured 900 pantheons.

This is Clasisic Korvac; none of that happened to him...

zopzop
This is Clasisic Korvac; none of that happened to him...

What's your cut off date for "classic" Korvac? Because the Kruegarr incident happened in 1989-90. Oh there's also that sad fight against Starhawk classic Korvac had. Korvac won, but still........

TheLordofMurder
What's your cut off date for "classic" Korvac? Because the Kruegarr incident happened in 1989-90. Oh there's also that sad fight against Starhawk classic Korvac had. Korvac won, but still........

The cutoff would be at the conclusion of that issue of the Avengers where he allows himself to be defeated; the issue where he is taking out all the Avengers...

Also, with that Starhawk fight, it wasnt just Korvac fighting Starhawk...it was Korvac fighting Starhwak while simutaneously preventing Eternity of learning about his power (that whole concept is PIS of course; how could Eternity fail to know about someone draining power and knowledge from something as major as Galactus's homeworld?).

zopzop
The cutoff would be at the conclusion of that issue of the Avengers where he allows himself to be defeated; the issue where he is taking out all the Avengers...

Also, with that Starhawk fight, it wasnt just Korvac fighting Starhawk...it was Korvac fighting Starhwak while simutaneously preventing Eternity of learning about his power (that whole concept is PIS of course; how could Eternity fail to know about someone draining power and knowledge from something as major as Galactus's homeworld?).

So what did classic Korvac do, in your opinion, that makes you think he would beat Demogorge? One shotting the Collector? The Collector was a joke back then, like most of the Elders with the exceptions of Grandmaster and Runner.

TheLordofMurder
So what did classic Korvac do, in your opinion, that makes you think he would beat Demogorge? One shotting the Collector? The Collector was a joke back then, like most of the Elders with the exceptions of Grandmaster and Runner.

It was more about his implied level of power; Classic Korvac definitely doesnt have the feats Demogorge has, and unfortunately, you have to look to a non-canon What If to see what Classic Korvac truly was capable of...

So again, it was what his implied level of power was that makes me think that him vs Demo would be an interesting match up...

zopzop
It was more about his implied level of power; Classic Korvac definitely doesnt have the feats Demogorge has and unfortunately, you have to look to a non-canon What If to see what Classic Korvac truly was capable of...

So again, it was what his implied level of power was that makes me think that him vs Demo would be an interesting match up...

What if's aren't canon. In multiple What If's the PF has destroyed entire universes under it's own power, yet Korvac couldn't and needed to use the UN to do it.

But in 616 reality, freaking XORN, almost killed the PF.

TheLordofMurder
Yeah...

Comicbook inconsistencies almost make these debates pointless...

zopzop
Yeah...

Comicbook inconsistencies almost make these debates pointless...

That's why I'm not a big fan of "implied" power. I've learned that even feats are suspect, if the on panel fights don't back them up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.