Vader versus Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
For fairness' sake, it's assumed both parties know of each others' abilities, and are combat ready, in a neutral generic arena with no inherent pitfalls, nexus powah ups, or other such nonsense.

This is Vader as of his novel, and Kun as of right before he was anchored to Yavin IV.

I'd also like to mirror the uniqueness of the Movie Vs Battlezone and have teams of TWO work as defenders of either side if possible. At this time, assigning a judge is moot, since no one here who is vested in SWVF has any lacking in bias. But the show will still (hopefully) be worth the admission.

I will not be participating.

Black bolt z
Wait...so your issuing a battlezone match for other people to pick up because you want to see it?

Battlezones take a lot of time and its their perogative of whether they want to or not.

Korto Vos
Count me out of any battlezone in the near future.

But Exar Kun is better than Vader.

(Sidious, Bane, Kun, Caedus, Vader) <-- That's my order of Sith Lords.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Wait...so your issuing a battlezone match for other people to pick up because you want to see it?

Battlezones take a lot of time and its their perogative of whether they want to or not.

The novelty of this thread is that both sides are aware of each others' power. That allows for different arguments.

As for me not participating? I've been posting about similar battles for over six years. I've been heard, and I don't have any desire at the moment to go all out unless it's a debate that's a little more objective, like the death penalty.

Turr_Phennir
So you're putting Vader from The Rise of Darth Vader, fresh in the suit and a neophyte to Sith traditions, up against Exar Kun at the height of his power?

Stealth Moose
Hm. No, you're right. That does seem a bit skewed. OT Vader seems rather out of his prime, so TFU/TFU II Vader then.

Turr_Phennir
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Hm. No, you're right.

Stealth Moose
Don't get used to it. PHEAR MAH RYTCHUZ POWAHz.

Also, I'm excited for TOR. Then I can make Marka Dooku Kun Revan Nihilus Jr.

Korto Vos
I think debating Sidious vs. Bane or a battle where it is truly hard to judge a winner readily would be better.

I feel anyone debating for Kun can just argue amulet blasts for teh winz!

Heck, even the Kreia Force Drain arguments happening would be GREAT battlezone material. I'm sure if it was made into something more formal such as a battlezone, more posters will read and judge it, and also some consensus can be established in this forum.

So yeah, that's the stuff I feel would be the best route if you want to do a thread like this.

Stealth Moose
There's been counter arguments against the amulet blasts too, though. Not particularly well-inspired ones, but there have been some.

RE: Blaxican
I would myself argue that the amulet blasts are overrated.

Buuuut, big slow Vader is like, the worst possible match-up against them. lol

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I would myself argue that the amulet blasts are overrated.

Buuuut, big slow Vader is like, the worst possible match-up against them. lol

I'm curious to see if you thing the amulet blasts are overrated in that they are ineffectual, or just "hyped"?

Korto Vos
Hmm, people portray the amulet blasts as being uber! spam attacks that kill almost everyone. Ergo, "hyped" I reckon.

Stealth Moose
Killing everyone by virtue of being spammed? I dunno. I don't think it's Kun's win-all. I doubt he'd actively use it in most fights based on his personality, too. But if he did, he can very likely spam them like mad, and they are of considerable size, and get stronger with each blast and larger. See comic for details.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Korto Vos
Hmm, people portray the amulet blasts as being uber! spam attacks that kill almost everyone. Ergo, "hyped" I reckon.

Avada Kedavra!

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Avada Kedavra! Blocked! Cuz the movies show them being blocked... I think...

Nephthys
So did the books. Not by a spell, but Dumbledore just threw a few statues in the way. A riot shield and the most dangerous spell ever is neutralised.

Korto Vos
Or you can just sidestep and that works just as fine. Harry does this all the time to great effect.

truejedi
really? harry sidesteps that stupid spell that RJ was always going on and on about? and RJ didn't think a Jedi could do the same thing?

Lord Lucien
I've only seen the last two movies once each, but I swear that my eyes jumped right to someone using a spell (protego, maybe) to block a distinctly green, fired-from-a-Death-Eater, curse. They're supposed to be unblocakble (unless there's another object of sufficient mass in the way, apparently).

Nephthys
Well the wizard would be apparating around like nightcrawler and there'd be like 20 spells coming at them at once and theyd be stupified and a rat and the wizard would be smoke and shit. Like, totally invincible.

Korto Vos
It's one reason why Voldemort would never be able to kill Yoda.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well the wizard would be apparating around like nightcrawler and there'd be like 20 spells coming at them at once and theyd be stupified and a rat and the wizard would be smoke and shit. Like, totally invincible.

laughing

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Nephthys

When does that ever happen in Harry Potter?

That's not how wizard duels ever turn out, and Jedi have precognition.

Nephthys
Luck potion. It is infallible.

ares834
Don't forget the Room of Requirment!

Nephthys
Oh jesus, I can't believe I forgot teh Room of Requirement. I am a shame to fanboys everywhere!

The big one of course is the Hall of Prophecy. You see, despite us only seeing vague and misleading prophecies on very few occasions, in actuality the Hall will warn the wizards about every single attack that will take place and they will prepare accordingly. This will certainly happen because the Hall is 100% reliable, and not reliant upon a woman who has only ever predicted 3 things before ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.