Luminara and Anakin versus Obi-Wan and Bastila

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
Neutral setting. Each at their peak as of available media, except for Anakin who is in his AotC incarnation. No restrictions or arbitrary rules, and it is assumed each Jedi knows of the others' powers.

Korto Vos
I want to say Kenobi/Shan.

Stealth Moose
How come?

Korto Vos
Well, see, there's nothing quantifiable for Shan's powers & abilities. We know she has potent battle meditation, but that's not viable for this contest. I don't recall any other cutscenes demonstrating her skills apart from this one:

KOTOR Cutscene

Based on that, you could make the argument that the Sith Bastila killed might have been one of Revan's elite bodyguards, and therefore by no means average.

But, after this, it's all reputation and plot based assumptions for Shan, which paint her in a relatively positive light.

In any case, ROTS Kenobi would defeat AOTC Anakin. And I see Bastila > Unduli, but not by much at all.

Toshi
How do we know it's not viable?

Stealth Moose
Battle meditation aids allies, it doesn't help in personal combat.

Korto Vos
Do you agree that Kenobi/Shan would prevail?

Stealth Moose
I think it is likely. My opinion of Luminara's fighting abilities is higher than most, but Bastila was no chump. I think they would be fairly even of a match. Kenobi would be a lot for Anakin at this point, too.

Toshi
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Battle meditation aids allies, it doesn't help in personal combat.

It won't help her but it's help Obi and will demoralize Anakin and Luminara.

Stealth Moose
It requires active use, iirc. Also, Zonakin is not in this match.

Toshi
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
It requires active use, iirc. Also, Zonakin is not in this match.

My bad. Anyways other variants of battle mediation has some using it while they fight. Of course Bastila was never shown doing that but it doesn't mean she can't.

Stealth Moose
You can use something on a smaller scale to boost, true. The greater meditation requires lotus pose, etc. It may give her a buff, which further widens the gap between the combatants.

ares834
Team 2. Obi-Wan should be able to beat anyone on Team 1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.