Aragorn vs Leonidas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Korto Vos
My apologies if this thread has been done before.
------------------------------------------------------------

Setting: Roman Arena from Gladiator

Who wins?

Lord Lucien
Leonidas. He throws his shield and there's no handy tree or or groove to save Aragorn's ass this time.

Thoren
He could simply duck the throw.

I would say Aragorn, more experience, as he is near 90 years old. Doubtful it would be easy though.

Pwned
Aragorn. More experience and skill.

jinXed by JaNx
Upon first thought i want to say Aragorn. He certainly has a more versatile experience in fighting than Leonidas. This, however, isnt to say that he is a better fighter. He may be more battle hardened but if we look at Leonidas' feats he is equally as capable as Aragorn. Ultimately, for me, Leonidas' shield and Aragorns lack of a shield is what decides the victory here. His shield forces Aragorn to go on the offensive and can very easily leave him open for counters.

Pwned
Look at the amount of enemies with shields Aragorn fights. Lurtz (I believe, I havnt watched FOTR for a while) and many orcs and Uruks also used shields. Tower shields in the Uruks case, which were better than Hoplons, and also made of iron, not bronze.

Aragorn also managed to escape overwhelming numbers while surrounded (Pelennor Fields, Helms Deep)

We have also seen Aragorn take hits or falls that would have killed any normal human (the troll blade, the fall from the cliff, being dragged by a Warg, etc)

We have also seen Aragorn do inhuman things while fighting (numbers killed, speed, and length of time fighting)

Aragorn also has far more experience than Leonidas, closing on i would bet 60 some odd years (I believe he is 87 in TTT) and I think it would be safe to say a shield would not make as much of a difference as you would make it out to be.

Leonidas, on the other hand, is the best of the Spartans (obviously)
He took out that big scary mutant guy thing (idk what it is) and he is obviously very skilled.
However, I would not put his military experience past 16 years of actual battle. He appears to be in his mid thirties, maybe early 30s? He would have entered battle service at 18.
You are correct in saying his biggest advantage is his shield, but he also has such a lack of armor that it is his only defense. His helm could be cleaved, and if his shield is cut through, hes screwed. I see it that if arrows can enter the shield but not penetrate, Anduril should be able to cut it.

maxman1180
I think, Aragorn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.