Which gundam series is best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thanos-prime
Looking to watch some good gundam don't know which series to start with any recommendations?

Demonic Phoenix
G.Seed and G.Seed Destiny.

dur313

psycho gundam
^ just pretend kira is sasuke vin

only in north america do people hate on the greatness that is seed and seed destiny, everywhere else (especially japan) it is gatlyke status.

seed probably has the best translation of a major social issue of any of the gundam series.

Q99
There's always the original, which is still pretty good.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ just pretend kira is sasuke vin

only in north america do people hate on the greatness that is seed and seed destiny, everywhere else (especially japan) it is gatlyke status.

seed probably has the best translation of a major social issue of any of the gundam series.

Naw, Current Sasuke is moar liek Shinn...who could pwn Kira vin

Seed was pretty good. Seed Destiny was good, until Chiaki decided to f*** the rest of the team over, whilst shafting Shinn and re-focusing on Kira & Athrun.

~ Anyway, there's the original series, Wing, Zeta, 08th MS, Turn A, and perhaps even 00 that I'd recommend. I haven't watched Unicorn. I'd wager you have to ask Psycho if it's any good.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Seed was pretty good. Seed Destiny was good, until Chiaki decided to f*** the rest of the team over, whilst shafting Shinn and re-focusing on Kira & Athrun.

~ Anyway, there's the original series, Wing, Zeta, 08th MS, Turn A, and perhaps even 00 that I'd recommend. I haven't watched Unicorn. I'd wager you have to ask Psycho if it's any good.

This.

Unicorn has been great so far.

psycho gundam

Seed was pretty good. Seed Destiny was good, until Chiaki decided to f*** the rest of the team over, whilst shafting Shinn and re-focusing on Kira & Athrun. kira made shinn, jesus kira can unmake him at will (kira just used him to get a newer mobile suit)

~ Anyway, there's the original series, Wing, Zeta, 08th MS, Turn A, and perhaps even 00 that I'd recommend. I haven't watched Unicorn. I'd wager you have to ask Psycho if it's any good. the series are very different that it comes down to taste more than anything else. i personally don't think 00 is that awesome, especially with unicorn stomping so much ass soon after

UC is the best

Demonic Phoenix
kira made shinn, jesus kira can unmake him at will (kira just used him to get a newer mobile suit)

the series are very different that it comes down to taste more than anything else. i personally don't think 00 is that awesome, especially with unicorn stomping so much ass soon after

UC is the best

Kira can't even unmake his own uselessness. Kira only got his mobile suits thanks to his status as Lacus Clyne's official sex slave.

00 does a good job at what it does. But yeah, now I really need to watch Unicorn. The titular suit is badass.

psycho gundam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epHWztEiYUQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=197s

^ kira indirectly killing shinn's family thus motivating him to join z.a.f.t.

vin

King Kandy
When I was younger, "G Gundam" was my favorite. Such a terrible show but it has the nostalgia factor for me.

psycho gundam
hate it now, hated it then

Toshi
Anything but 00.

psycho gundam
f*** it, seed is the best outside of UC

Zack Fair
SeeD sort of bored the crap outta me.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/tumblr_lke219sXgC1qdnjf6.gif

iceman24567
Yeah Seed was kinda boring it actually turned me off of Gundam erm

Punnchy
Out of the current series, that I've seen, being just 3, I'd have to suggest Gundam Wing.

Ban Mido
Mine was G-Gundam...Gundams going super saiyan? Hell yes..Old guy beating up a gundam with a towel and his bare hands? Double hell yes.

iRuleSoHard
The original was amazing.

yungz22
OO is pretty damn good if you ask me

boobsmagee
I got into a gundam phase and burned myself out

but 00 is good one of the best if you compare it to other gundam series I just think seed and wing fall flat

but at some point you definitely have to watch
the original series or the original compilation movies
of Mobile Suit Gundam

Unicorn is very good but you CANNOT or better yet SHOULD not watch it before watching the other Universal Century gundam series
Mobile Suit Gundam->08th MS Team->0080->0083->zeta gundam->double zeta->char's counter attack

You can skip 08th,0080, and double zeta
They're not necessary but you can watch them later

You can also skip 0083 but it helps bridge the gap between
MSG and Zeta

So really it's MSG->Zeta->Char's->Unicorn

well hope this sorta helps am sort of tired so eh might not be clear

1st post here in years i think

Whiteclipse
Originally posted by boobsmagee
I got into a gundam phase and burned myself out

but 00 is good one of the best if you compare it to other gundam series I just think seed and wing fall flat

but at some point you definitely have to watch
the original series or the original compilation movies
of Mobile Suit Gundam

Unicorn is very good but you CANNOT or better yet SHOULD not watch it before watching the other Universal Century gundam series
Mobile Suit Gundam->08th MS Team->0080->0083->zeta gundam->double zeta->char's counter attack

You can skip 08th,0080, and double zeta
They're not necessary but you can watch them later

You can also skip 0083 but it helps bridge the gap between
MSG and Zeta

So really it's MSG->Zeta->Char's->Unicorn

well hope this sorta helps am sort of tired so eh might not be clear

1st post here in years i think

Agreed

psycho gundam
Originally posted by boobsmagee
You can skip 08th,0080

You can also skip 0083 do not skip these, these two series have some of the best "real robot" mech action in anime

-ubiNqkTMIU

boobsmagee
do not skip these, these two series have some of the best "real robot" mech action in anime

one of the best parts of 08th ms team(second only to the opening fight scene which is followed by one of the worst scenes in the show)
but god the dialogue and dub really kill things

but if only the entire anime was realistic like this
the show had so many flaws :/ i wanted to love it...

guess i should have phrased it better but
0080, 0083, 08th MS team, and double zeta are worth watching but they aren't necessary you can come back to them later
the series are pretty much just filler
they take place in the UC universe but are not necessary or really apart of the main story line with a few exceptions

cool_ghost
You guys are so mixed on all the different gundams lmao... one of you says one is good another says it sucks.

Which one has the most fast paced fighting? like suit transformations and stuff like that?

boobsmagee
0083 May not be perfect
but it has my favorite mech designs and a few pretty badass fights
two of THE BIGGEST mobile suits fighting at ridiculous speeds towards the end it's badass

Unicorn has been pretty damn awesome too
fast paced fights between some awesome looking suits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.