Blue Marvel vs. Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/1157202-adam__014_large.jpg

vs

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Elc91RQ2tjo/SrUru_g68HI/AAAAAAAADHs/JGfMb2JkZFg/s400/13592-captain-marvel_400.jpg

JakeTheBank
Billy.

Harbinger
Adam doesn't have the feats to indicate he can hang with Billy yet.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Harbinger
Adam doesn't have the feats to indicate he can hang with Billy yet. He did beat King Hyperion, Anti-Man, and KO Sentry.

Harbinger
Originally posted by vansonbee
He did beat King Hyperion, Anti-Man, and KO Sentry. You just set off quan's decoder ring with that Sentry part smile

Seriously, KO-ing Sentry is impressive (and the two are roughly equals, as indicated by the battle), but I'd still put Billy's routinely being able to take on Clark as being above that. Never been that impressed with Hyperion, personally. Blue Marvel's good, but Captain Marvel's a tier above him, IMO.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Harbinger
You just set off quan's decoder ring with that Sentry part smile

Seriously, KO-ing Sentry is impressive (and the two are roughly equals, as indicated by the battle), but I'd still put Billy's routinely being able to take on Clark as being above that. Never been that impressed with Hyperion, personally. Blue Marvel's good, but Captain Marvel's a tier above him, IMO.

Bm is not beating Billy but he certainly can hang with him and no way is Captain Marvel an entire tier above him.

Harbinger
Was at a loss for the right word to use there.

Replace "tier" with "notch/step," then.

EDIT: We might have to agree to disagree, anyway, no matter what wording I use. At the end of the day, I think if Billy decides to go all out, Adam's going to find himself out of his league. He can give a non-bloodlusted CM a good fight, but anything beyond that and I don't see him measuring up for long.

Prep-Man
Billy.

Alias Stone
Bump

zopzop
I love BM but Captain Marvel wins here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by vansonbee
He did beat King Hyperion, Anti-Man, and KO Sentry. He never ko'd the Sentry.

KingD19
It was a flash KO. But it was obviously a KO nonetheless. He was floating in space, limp, with his mouth wide open and his eyes rolled back in his head, motionless. That's about as KO'd as a person can get.

Stoic
Originally posted by KingD19
It was a flash KO. But it was obviously a KO nonetheless. He was floating in space, limp, with his mouth wide open and his eyes rolled back in his head, motionless. That's about as KO'd as a person can get.

Yep, and Blue marvel would win this one too.

Scarlet315
If it wasn't for the speed of CM, i'd give it to BM

abhilegend
Cap wins.

quanchi112
It was a flash KO. But it was obviously a KO nonetheless. He was floating in space, limp, with his mouth wide open and his eyes rolled back in his head, motionless. That's about as KO'd as a person can get. No, he was not ko'd just hit. He flew back and then won the fight.

KingD19
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, he was not ko'd just hit. He flew back and then won the fight.

Did you even read the comic? Sentry was knocked into space with a single hit and was floating up there unconscious for a bit while Blue Marvel kept fighting the other Avengers. Then he divebombed him and shortly after Blue Marvel fell out, Sentry fell out too. Only difference was Marvel was fighting the entire Avengers lineup, Sentry included. And Sentry had to cheapshot him with a snake attack from space to get the very close win.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/121521/2688422-1031143_albm_05_010_super.jpg

And if you say that isn't a flash ko, you're delusional.

quanchi112
Did you even read the comic? Sentry was knocked into space with a single hit and was floating up there unconscious for a bit while Blue Marvel kept fighting the other Avengers. Then he divebombed him and shortly after Blue Marvel fell out, Sentry fell out too. Only difference was Marvel was fighting the entire Avengers lineup, Sentry included. And Sentry had to cheapshot him with a snake attack from space to get the very close win.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/121521/2688422-1031143_albm_05_010_super.jpg

And if you say that isn't a flash ko, you're delusional. That is not. He as affected and yes he flew back and beat Blue Marvel in his own introductory comic series. Unbelievable. Sentry won.

KingD19
Beat him yeah, but not as easy as you're making it seem. It was one of the closest fights Sentry has ever had. And you seem to be blatantly ignoring the fact that not only did Sentry have help, he had to have them fight for him while he was knocked out, then he had to resort to dive bombing Blue Marvel from space. And even then he too passed out seconds after Marvel did. He barely won in a last ditch effort against a guy who not only pushed him to his limits, but beat up on all his pretty powerful friends at the same time. And he was trying to talk to them the whole time to avoid a fight. Sentry won but it wasn't a very convincing victory as he was in just as bad shape after fighting less and going through less trauma than Marvel did.

Also that's clearly Sentry being KO'd. Just because he got up doesn't mean he wasn't knocked out. Get of here with your nonsense.

abhilegend
Sentry also passed out after suckershotting Adam and knocking him out making it a double KO which made it pretty clear that Blue Marvel>Sentry.

quanchi112
Beat him yeah, but not as easy as you're making it seem. It was one of the closest fights Sentry has ever had. And you seem to be blatantly ignoring the fact that not only did Sentry have help, he had to have them fight for him while he was knocked out, then he had to resort to dive bombing Blue Marvel from space. And even then he too passed out seconds after Marvel did. He barely won in a last ditch effort against a guy who not only pushed him to his limits, but beat up on all his pretty powerful friends at the same time. And he was trying to talk to them the whole time to avoid a fight. Sentry won but it wasn't a very convincing victory as he was in just as bad shape after fighting less and going through less trauma than Marvel did.

Also that's clearly Sentry being KO'd. Just because he got up doesn't mean he wasn't knocked out. Get of here with your nonsense. You are speculating as to what you believe would have happened. Sentry won. Bottom line.

This is the Sentry minus the Void as the dominant personality he still won.

Sentry won in a characters own solo book introductory story.

Zack Fair
Captain Marvel.

SupezM'
CM.

yaadaveyaa
marvel wins but just barely a majority could also be a stalemate pretty good fight but marvel 6/10 .... and just so this debate doesnt rage on sentry dismantles BM 10/10

leonidas
bwhaha... how anyone can look at that scan and say sentry was NOT ko'd is beyond me. maybe he was just having a seizure instead? ko is probably a better result. lol

billy still wins this though. any idea if BM can deal with magic? there's also the speed issue and cm's proven durability. BM still needs to be tested a lot more before i give him a win over someone like cm.

KingD19
Except for the fact that Marvel fought him to a double KO while fighting other Avengers, and easily beat King Hyperion, who killed his universe's Sentry.

the Darkone
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
sentry dismantles BM 10/10

What the f**k? are you smoking, it was a double KO!! Sentry got one shot into space and was breifly KO, and had to dive bomb to beat BM and Sentry passed out. Sentry would've gotten dominated by damn a potatoe gun.

carver9
Love Sentry as a character but he was clearly koed. The beauty about that showing is, BM took on the entire Avengers, Sentry shows up, they trade blows,BM uppercuts him into space. BM then fight the Avengers again and is actually winning, Sentry shows up again and BM fights him to the point where both of them falls and pass out. That was a great showing for BM. This fight could go either way.

yaadaveyaa
i didnt see bm didnt KO him he knocked him way up into space but as soon as sentry takes the fight serious game over sorry kids

KingD19
If you look at the scan I provided. It's clear he's unconscious. And Sentry admits Marvel is pushing him to his limits, while Marvel is only trying to talk to the other Avengers.

quanchi112
If you look at the scan I provided. It's clear he's unconscious. And Sentry admits Marvel is pushing him to his limits, while Marvel is only trying to talk to the other Avengers. He was not ko'd. Sentry won.

KingD19
Lol. Troll.

quanchi112
Lol. Troll. Its true that the Sentry won. Your interpretation I disagree with. Bashing on invalidates your viewpoints.

KingD19
I know Sentry won. You're ignoring the context of the fight and the difficulty Sentry faced actually winning. And that he himself was in no condition to continue after the fight ended. Remember he passed out face down right after Marvel fell. And that was twice Sentry got ko'd in the fight.

quanchi112
I know Sentry won. You're ignoring the context of the fight and the difficulty Sentry faced actually winning. And that he himself was in no condition to continue after the fight ended. Remember he passed out face down right after Marvel fell. And that was twice Sentry got ko'd in the fight. Sentry won the fight. He was not ko'd prior to. End of story. Move on.

ODG
Did you even read the comic? Sentry was knocked into space with a single hit and was floating up there unconscious for a bit while Blue Marvel kept fighting the other Avengers. It wasn't the only hit Blue Marvel hit him with. They were brawling with each other, trading punches until Sentry knocked Blue Marvel down to his knees. At that point, Sentry demanded his surrender and Blue Marvel responded with the orbit punch that knocked Sentry unconscious.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ODG
It wasn't the only hit Blue Marvel hit him with. They were brawling with each other, trading punches until Sentry knocked Blue Marvel down to his knees. At that point, Sentry demanded his surrender and Blue Marvel responded with the orbit punch that knocked Sentry unconscious. He was not unconscious.

the Darkone
Originally posted by ODG
It wasn't the only hit Blue Marvel hit him with. They were brawling with each other, trading punches until Sentry knocked Blue Marvel down to his knees. At that point, Sentry demanded his surrender and Blue Marvel responded with the orbit punch that knocked Sentry unconscious.

thumb up Sentry was Knock the phuck out

yaadaveyaa
yea there is no doubt sentry got ko'd he got knocked into orbit idk y thats a debate tho

KingD19
Because Quanchi has a history of being difficult for the hell of it.

quanchi112
Because Quanchi has a history of being difficult for the hell of it. He was not ko'd just hurt. Sentry then reingaged and ended the fight.

celeyhyga17
Batson..
BM belongs, but Batson's been around the block.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.