Battle of the High Feats...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
In this thread, rank the following using only the highest of their high showings/feats as the basis for your argument (however, the feat must be made under the characters own power; no amps outside of what is considered standard gear/self ampimg for each character)...

NO LOW SHOWINGS/FEATS ALLOWED; so one couldnt use (for example) Thor being harmed by a punch from Iron Fist as a counter argument against someone arguing that Thor doesnt have "Celestial level" damage soak as his showing against the 4th Celestial Host would suggest...

Ok, so now that the rules are in place, based on their best showings, rank the following characters as pertains overall power level:

1) Cyborg Superman...
2) Thor...
3) Thanos...
4) The Silver Surfer...
5) The Hulk (any version)...

Thanks for your time!

smile

TheLordofMurder
No one?

Mindset
Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Mindset
Thor

h1a8
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
In this thread, rank the following using only the highest of their high showings/feats as the basis for your argument (however, the feat must be made under the characters own power; no amps outside of what is considered standard gear/self ampimg for each character)...

NO LOW SHOWINGS/FEATS ALLOWED; so one couldnt use (for example) Thor being harmed by a punch from Iron Fist as a counter argument against someone arguing that Thor doesnt have "Celestial level" damage soak as his showing against the 4th Celestial Host would suggest...

Ok, so now that the rules are in place, based on their best showings, rank the following characters as pertains overall power level:

1) Cyborg Superman...
2) Thor...
3) Thanos...
4) The Silver Surfer...

Thanks for your time!

smile
Dont know about 1) but I would say using quantifiable feats

1) Superman
2) Hulk
3) Surfer
4) Thor
5) Thanos

JakeTheBank
It's Cyborg Superman who's mentioned in this thread, btw.

And I'm curious as to why you think Thor's 4th.

Harbinger
Know what's weird? Thanos might be the strongest/most powerful out of the five mentioned here, but you could argue that he finishes last in this thread given the stips.

Thor
Hulk
Henshaw
Thanos
Surfer

JakeTheBank
I definitely see him in the last spot myself.

Cogito
Originally posted by Harbinger
Know what's weird? Thanos might be the strongest/most powerful out of the five mentioned here, but you could argue that he finishes last in this thread given the stips.

Depends on how to compare destructive feats (which Thor, Thanos, SS, and Hulk have) to Henshaw's (who's greatest feats probably aren't destructive)

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I definitely see him in the last spot myself.

Thanos, for sure, is in the last spot. Thor is in first place.

Tanking multiple Celestial blasts back in the day when they were considered the top of the cosmic hierarchy is greater than anything done by anyone else on this list. Thor tanked the blasts and was not KOed by them. For reference sake, Thanos was on his knees after one blast from Galactus.

Cogito
Originally posted by zopzop
Tanking multiple Celestial blasts back in the day when they were considered the top of the cosmic hierarchy is greater than anything done by anyone else on this list. Thor tanked the blasts and was not KOed by them. For reference sake, Thanos was on his knees after one blast from Galactus.

erm

Did anyone say the Celestials were hitting Thor with all of their power?

zopzop
Originally posted by Cogito
erm

Did anyone say the Celestials were hitting Thor with all of their power?

How many times is that mentioned on panel? For all we know they wanted him dead, otherwise why even bother attacking him (if they were unfazed by his attacks)?

He survived and was fully conscious.

psycho gundam
Tanking multiple Celestial blasts back in the day when they were considered the top of the cosmic hierarchy is greater than anything done by anyone else on this list. Thor tanked the blasts and was not KOed by them. hulk humbled the guy who did that ^

/thread

Cogito
How many times is that mentioned on panel?
Rarely. Don't know how that matters.

For all we know they wanted him dead, otherwise why even bother attacking him (if they were unfazed by his attacks)?
Here's what we do know. Non street levelers rarely attack with their full power in a single attack. Good guys, bad guys, doesn't matter. A big deal is made when a character goes all out.

zopzop
Originally posted by psycho gundam
hulk humbled the guy who did that ^

/thread
This is why fights>>>>>>>>feats>>>>>>>>on panel statements. But this isn't a fight thread, it's a feat VS thread, and no one on this list can top Thor (even though there are people on it that can destroy him in a fight).

Rarely. Don't know how that matters.

Here's what we do know. Non street levelers rarely attack with their full power in a single attack. Good guys, bad guys, doesn't matter. A big deal is made when a character goes all out.
Meh, even if you downplay that feat it don't matter, since he has others in that category : shoring up the multiverse with Godblasts, punching a hole in Exitar's armor then going on to crush his skull, etc...

Cogito
This is why fights>>>>>>>>feats>>>>>>>>on panel statements. But this isn't a fight thread, it's a feat VS thread, and no one on this list can top Thor (even though there are people on it that can destroy him in a fight).

Fights are feats.

Meh, even if you downplay that feat it don't matter, since he has others in that category : shoring up the multiverse with Godblasts, punching a hole in Exitar's armor then going on to crush his skull, etc...

No doubt, Thor is number 1 on my list.

1. Thor
2. Hulk
3. SS
4. Henshaw
5. Thanos

Middle is interchangable.

carver9

1) Cyborg Superman...
2) Thor...
3) Thanos...
4) The Silver Surfer...

Thanks for your time!

smile

Thor
Hulk
Silver Surfer
Thanos
Cyborg Superman

Rage.Of.Olympus

It was stated the Celestials attacked both swiftly and mercilessly. Take that as you will. They were playing for keeps imho. That doesn't mean they were utilizing the totality of their power etc. but their attacks had to be insanely powerful.

A single Celestial blast destroyed the Uni Mind -The entire Eternal race merged including Zuras- and Celestial blasts were damaging the Odin Destroyer.

carver9
Using other characters...

Thor
Rulk=Hulk
Silver Surfer
Superman
Cyborg Superman
Nova Prime
Thanos

JakeTheBank
Thor

The rest.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by carver9

Thor
Rulk=Hulk
Silver Surfer
Superman
Cyborg Superman
Nova Prime
Thanos
If you include Superman, he comes in number 2 or shares the top spot with Thor.

JakeTheBank
And yet, nowhere in that list does Carv include Gladiator.

Harbinger
Supes, the guy who's moved the gotdamn Earth and lifted infinite mass, is fourth?

What?

zopzop
Wait, can we nominate other people? If so, Herc may win the best strength feat, didn't he hold up the "heavens"?

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If you include Superman, he comes in number 2 or shares the top spot with Thor.

His fts are too... "contradicting". You really can't quantify them (not trying to down the character Pr).

The Wheels... He was a engine.

The Black Hole in the palm was contained and the containment field was slowly shedding.

Same with Surfer...his fts are kind of contradicting as well...that's why he isn't on the top of the list. Thor feats are plain and clear.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
And yet, nowhere in that list does Carv include Gladiator.

Gladiator is number one.

JakeTheBank
Carv ftw

carver9
Supes, the guy who's moved the gotdamn Earth and lifted infinite mass, is fourth?

What?

Gladiator moved an asteroid that was blocking an entire starlane and I would still put him at 5th or 6th.

Harbinger
Gladiator moved an asteroid that was blocking an entire starlane and I would still put him at 5th or 6th.

....OK?

Rage.Of.Olympus
His fts are too... "contradicting". You really can't quantify them (not trying to down the character Pr).

The Black Hole in the palm was contained and the containment field was slowly shedding.

Same with Surfer...his fts are kind of contradicting as well...that's why he isn't on the top of the list. Thor feats are plain and clear.

So what you're saying is that Thor's more awesome than Surfer/Superman? I'll let the ignorance slide this time.

carver9
....OK?

You get it.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So what you're saying is that Thor's more awesome than Surfer/Superman? I'll let the ignorance slide this time.

Correct my ignorance Rage. Help a brother out. What am I missing?

Uriel005
Problem with Henshaw is exactly what would you consider under his own power. His baseline body or everything he's techno-controlled. if it's the former he definitely takes bottom list. Thor w/Odin Force/RKT or just baseline.

1) RKT/KT/Thor who fought Glory/Silver Surfer
2) Thor/Surfer
3)Thanos
4) Hulk
5) Henshaw

Rage.Of.Olympus
Correct my ignorance Rage. Help a brother out. What am I missing?

Knowledge on Superman's feats.

Edit: Scratch that. I forgot, when it comes to Superman you're a scholar and have read more of his comics than most.

Cogito

I lol'd.

Too contradicting? That's practically the point of this thread. It's not like Thor goes busting Exitar's head every day.

Mindset
I lol'd.

Too contradicting? That's practically the point of this thread. It's not like Thor goes busting Exitar's head every day. Has there ever been a time when Thor failed to bust his head!?!?

Exactly!

He's always at that level.

Mindset
Also: pause

carver9

Thor
Rulk=Hulk
Superman
Silver Surfer
Cyborg Superman
Nova Prime
Thanos

Correction.

carver9
I lol'd.

Too contradicting? That's practically the point of this thread. It's not like Thor goes busting Exitar's head every day.

You completely missed my point but that's ok.

Cogito
You completely missed my point but that's ok.

Enlighten me.

carver9
Enlighten me.

I'll pass. We will discuss this another day. I gave my list.

Cogito
K.

I'll ask again tomorrow.

carver9
K.

I'll ask again tomorrow.

laughing out loud

That's not going to change what I said above.

Philosophía
Anytime the Thor side wants to argue he has more, better or even equal high-end feats to Superman, let me know. smile

The Sorrow

Lifting the book of "infinite weight" was sketchy aswell

The Sorrow

1) Cyborg Superman...
2) Thor...
3) Thanos...
4) The Silver Surfer...

Thanks for your time!

smile
Strongest = Hulk
Overall most powerful = Thor

h1a8
The feat is where Superman helps move the Earth with Hal.

Now the Earth has a mass of 5.9736E24kg. The minimum force needed to accelerate this mass at a small 1mi/s^2 (or 1609m/s^2) is F= ma = 5.97E24kg x 1609m/s^2 = 9.61355E27Newtons, which is converted to a moving force of 1.08E24 tons (since 1ton=2000lb.=8896.44N). So assuming Superman exerted half the moving force, which is 5.40E23 tons. The Earth weighs 6.58E21 tons
so Superman was exerting more than

5.40E23
--------- = 82 Earth weights of force.
6.58E21

Note: I grossly underestimated the feat to show the minimum force needed for it. In space, 1 mi/s^2 acceleration isn't
noticeable for a long time, even after a few minutes so Superman and Hal accelerated the Earth far faster. Also, Superman and Hal
were exerting against both Starbreaker's force and the Sun's own gravity. Starbreaker himself (before Superman and Hal got
envolved) was accelerating the Earth towards the Sun faster than 1mi/s^2 himself. But I excluded both his force and the Sun's
gravity in the above calculations. Lastly, some believe Superman pulled the Earth solo while Hal used his power to keep the
construct in place and from breaking, but for the sake of argument I assumed Superman exerted a fair 1/2 of the moving force.

Also know that the Earth contains enough weight to pulverized another Earth (assuming it sat on another Earth). This means it takes less than an Earth weight of force to destroy a planet.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Let me get this straight...Thanos can plausibly beat the entire list of people by himself n for sure one v one,,, and yet he is last... where is the disconnect there?

Mindset

zopzop
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Let me get this straight...Thanos can plausibly beat the entire list of people by himself n for sure one v one,,, and yet he is last... where is the disconnect there?

It's a feats VS not who would win in a fight VS and since Marvel has laid the bullsh|t on thick with Thor, he wins.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by h1a8
it takes less than an Earth weight of force to destroy a planet. this was funny

Prep-Man
Originally posted by h1a8
The feat is where Superman helps move the Earth with Hal.

Now the Earth has a mass of 5.9736E24kg. The minimum force needed to accelerate this mass at a small 1mi/s^2 (or 1609m/s^2) is F= ma = 5.97E24kg x 1609m/s^2 = 9.61355E27Newtons, which is converted to a moving force of 1.08E24 tons (since 1ton=2000lb.=8896.44N). So assuming Superman exerted half the moving force, which is 5.40E23 tons. The Earth weighs 6.58E21 tons
so Superman was exerting more than

5.40E23
--------- = 82 Earth weights of force.
6.58E21

Note: I grossly underestimated the feat to show the minimum force needed for it. In space, 1 mi/s^2 acceleration isn't
noticeable for a long time, even after a few minutes so Superman and Hal accelerated the Earth far faster. Also, Superman and Hal
were exerting against both Starbreaker's force and the Sun's own gravity. Starbreaker himself (before Superman and Hal got
envolved) was accelerating the Earth towards the Sun faster than 1mi/s^2 himself. But I excluded both his force and the Sun's
gravity in the above calculations. Lastly, some believe Superman pulled the Earth solo while Hal used his power to keep the
construct in place and from breaking, but for the sake of argument I assumed Superman exerted a fair 1/2 of the moving force.

Also know that the Earth contains enough weight to pulverized another Earth (assuming it sat on another Earth). This means it takes less than an Earth weight of force to destroy a planet.

That feat was pretty crazy. I can see either Supes or Thor taking it.

rotiart
Can I use crossovers? Like the surfer/green lantern crossover?....

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by rotiart
Can I use crossovers? Like the surfer/green lantern crossover?....

Naw...canon showings only.

TheLordofMurder
Excellent responses thus far guys....

celeyhyga17
Can someone argue for Thanos the fact that he actually put up decent fights against opponents who were supposed to be infinitely more powerful?? (without utterly being obliterated)
Oppenents like Odin, Tyrant, Galactus...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Can someone argue for Thanos the fact that he actually put up decent fights against opponents who were supposed to be infinitely more powerful?? (without utterly being obliterated)
Oppenents like Odin, Tyrant, Galactus...

Those are excellent feats of durability for Thanos, but Thor tanking multiple attacks from a Celestial Host (especially from a period in time when they were considered to be on top of the Cosmic Hierarchy) trumps Thanos's best by a considerable margin...

Rage.Of.Olympus
You could make an argument for Thanos coming in third or so.

celeyhyga17
^
that's wut i be sezzin..

dmills
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
^
that's wut i be sezzin..

A prime example of why feats in and if themselves can be misleading.

carver9
Originally posted by dmills

Do you think its best to look at fibghts vs fts? Example...who would you think is stronger, someone that stalemate Tyrant in a contest of strength or someone that bust planets to dust and push and pull them?

h1a8
Do you think its best to look at fibghts vs fts? Example...who would you think is stronger, someone that stalemate Tyrant in a contest of strength or someone that bust planets to dust and push and pull them?

Thanos didn't stalemate Tryant in a contest of strength. He actually was holding Tyrant's wrists. Wrist control (as in wrestling) is a way to control your opponent better, even if you are weaker than them. In other words, a weaker person can hold a stronger person's wrist for a small moment in time (as Thanos did). The hold was only temporary and thus it wasn't a stalemate anyway.

Also, we can't assume Tyrant has the physical strength to physically bust planets to pieces (he can blast them to pieces though) or physically pull planets. Gladiator at planet busting level is rare and he is not that confident or performs on that level on average. Otherwise, anyone matching him (or almost) in strength in a comic would be able to bust planets too. Colossus would be a planet buster (or almost). Namor would be able to destroy an asteroid twice the size of the Earth in one blow since he overpowered a stronger version of Hulk.

A character performing a high feat doesn't mean he/she is performing at that level every time we see them in COMICS. Otherwise, the gas station that koed Superman would ko anyone under Superman's durability. Glads busting planets doesn't mean everytime he confronts someone in comics that he is at that level. IMO, Tyrant is slightly stronger than an average Glads (not a high feat Glads though).

KuRuPT Thanosi

Ding Ding... We have a winnder

CosmicComet

They would only be misleading because of writer variances.

Some characters have their abilities more strictly plotted out though.

Anyway, I can't think of any other form of fiction that is as wildly inconsistent and contradicting as comics.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Anyway, I can't think of any other form of fiction that is as wildly inconsistent and contradicting as comics. Try the Bible.

ZING! vin

Yes, I'm going to hell. sad

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Anyway, I can't think of any other form of fiction that is as wildly inconsistent and contradicting as comics.

You gotta admit it's fun to see Battle Boards struggle to make sense of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.