Revan vs Vader pt 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Read the verbal brawls in the first Revan vs Vader forum. If Vader defeats Revan, then why does Vader have his ass handed to him twice by Starkiller? In my opinion Starkiler is far less powerful than Revan and has yet to complete either Sith or Jedi training.

Revan>Starkiller
Starkiller>Vader
Revan>Vader

The math doesn't add up. There are few Sith and Jedi who can defeat Starkiller. In novelization and films Anakin/Vader did not demonstrate the power he wielded (ie redirecting a SD into . Vader had 30 years to pull a Tony Soprano on Palpatine but didn't. Instead of killing Jedi, Revan turned them against the Jedi Order and Republic leaving it in ruins for 10 years. Any thoughts?

Vorpal Ruin
Revan is not above Vader.
Starkiller is not above Vader.
No math.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Read the verbal brawls in the first Revan vs Vader forum. If Vader defeats Revan, then why does Vader have his ass handed to him twice by Starkiller? In my opinion Starkiler is far less powerful than Revan and has yet to complete either Sith or Jedi training.

Revan>Starkiller
Starkiller>Vader
Revan>Vader

The math doesn't add up. There are few Sith and Jedi who can defeat Starkiller. In novelization and films Anakin/Vader did not demonstrate the power he wielded (ie redirecting a SD into . Vader had 30 years to pull a Tony Soprano on Palpatine but didn't. Instead of killing Jedi, Revan turned them against the Jedi Order and Republic leaving it in ruins for 10 years. Any thoughts?

The novel needs to come out before one can conclusively claim that Revan > Starkiller. Believe me, I wish that would be the case.

I'd say that Prodigal Knight > Vader, but Vader > Darth Revan. That is my opinion.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Revan is not above Vader.
Starkiller is not above Vader.
No math.

confused

truejedi
Why would anyone put Revan above Vader without proof?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by truejedi
Why would anyone put Revan above Vader without proof?

I think the better question is, why would anyone put Vader above a Sith lord who's holocron was so full of powerful secrets and rituals that it made Darth "I eat sith lightning and shit a new order" Bane literally a fanboy?

Could just be me though.

NTJack0
Lol at Starkiller being above Vader.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by NTJack0
Lol at Starkiller being above Vader. Ummm...didn't the games prove he is?

Lord Lucien
Yes. So did the more-canon novel.

And that second last line of Truculent's implies that Revan's machination are proof of his combative prowess. Which is bullshit.

But whatever, The Sith Emperor Revan will soon be a god above all.

truejedi
i doubt it. is that PM that was going around real life? and what was it from?

Nephthys
Its from The Old Republic. Spoilers.

truejedi
that new game. is it going to have any kind of mission componoent, or will it only be an morpg?

Zampanó
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yes. So did the more-canon novel.

And that second last line of Truculent's implies that Revan's machination are proof of his combative prowess. Which is bullshit.

But whatever, The Sith Emperor Revan will soon be a god above all.

Don't hate on Truc; he's just helping to remind everyone about what the characters of Revan and Vader did! You can tell it's a helpful post because of the way it is.

Nephthys
that new game. is it going to have any kind of mission componoent, or will it only be an morpg?

Its a mamorpaguh, but you apparantly you can solo it fairly easily through your classes storyline, which look to me to be pretty much single person missions. You get a bunch of companions of help you out for each one, your own personal ship and other kewl shit.

truejedi
hmm, it's the same engine as KOTOR, which is looking kinda outdated now...

Stealth Moose
Erm, it's not the same engine as KotOR.

Toshi
Originally posted by Nephthys
Its a mamorpaguh, but you apparantly you can solo it fairly easily through your classes storyline, which look to me to be pretty much single person missions. You get a bunch of companions of help you out for each one, your own personal ship and other kewl shit.

The best missions storywise are content wise are group content.

hmm, it's the same engine as KOTOR, which is looking kinda outdated now...

And no TOR uses a variation of the Hero Engine. You and your companion if you tried the flashpoints would get roflstomped. You still need people.

And Lol Revan.

Korto Vos
Well Toshi, do you think Revan would be able to defeat Darth Vader?

Toshi
Originally posted by Korto Vos
Well Toshi, do you think Revan would be able to defeat Darth Vader?

No not at all. He could've put up a fight pre-nerf but now he sucks.

ares834
Not any more. I'm guessing Vader will "use" Revan like the Emperor did. Then allow his dark side adepts to finish the job.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Toshi
No not at all. He could've put up a fight pre-nerf but now he sucks.

Lovely, now if Drew still made Revan a god, we'll have a merry time deciding how powerful the dude is.

The only thing is that he's been weakened after 300 years and may not be as powerful as he was before his captivity.

Toshi
Drew was already dead set in nerfing him so I doubt we'll have any conflicts. Satele Shan better be Luke NJO esque in a book soon because this is annoying. I should finish the game before complaining but still. The Sith get an Emperor that's 1300 years old, Malgus who's god modded and they can kill Revan.

ares834
What's Malgus do that's so awesome?

Toshi
Originally posted by ares834
What's Malgus do that's so awesome?

I heard he was god modded in Deceived. But BioWare has a thing for him. They made a 9ft replica of him and are giving miniatures of him int he CE edition so I have a feeling in game he'll be OP.

Korto Vos
Lovely, Malgus, son of Malak, is an OP beast much powerful than the party that just killed Revan, even though a Republic soldier and Satele took care of him rather easily before.

Toshi
Lovely, Malgus, son of Malak, is an OP beast much powerful than the party that just killed Revan, even though a Republic soldier and Satele took care of him rather easily before.

That's me speculating but in the book they had him talk about unseating the Emperor AND the Dark Council. They wouldn't write a book on that only for it not to reflect on the story.

ares834
True. He was quite powerful in the book and it certainly seems that he was going to try to overthrow the Emperor but I didn't see him as being overly powerful.

Stealth Moose

I never heard of a link between Malak and Malgus, although if there were, it would be ironic given his place as destroyer of the Jedi Temple and his bit in leading the Sith players on the Foundry mission.

I don't get that Malgus is OP, but he follows the way of the Juggernaut, which, according to the official website, is the Way of Marka Ragnos. I find it amusing that the Sith Emperor is seemingly disowned by the Ancients, but uses their teachings and names to give his empire heritage. Malgus' primary ability is unyielding rage and strong power in the Force, and this may make him a more formidable foe than a Jedi who has been drained for 300 years, regardless of natural talent.

We also don't know how close in power Revan would be against Malgus or the Sith Emperor at this point, since betrayal implies any battle plan was completely undermined.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I never heard of a link between Malak and Malgus, although if there were, it would be ironic given his place as destroyer of the Jedi Temple and his bit in leading the Sith players on the Foundry mission.

I don't get that Malgus is OP, but he follows the way of the Juggernaut, which, according to the official website, is the Way of Marka Ragnos. I find it amusing that the Sith Emperor is seemingly disowned by the Ancients, but uses their teachings and names to give his empire heritage. Malgus' primary ability is unyielding rage and strong power in the Force, and this may make him a more formidable foe than a Jedi who has been drained for 300 years, regardless of natural talent.

We also don't know how close in power Revan would be against Malgus or the Sith Emperor at this point, since betrayal implies any battle plan was completely undermined.

I was joking LOL...

...seriously, couldn't they design somebody who doesn't look like Malak Jr with the whole mask on his face.

Stealth Moose
I still want to know exactly how that went down with Malak getting half off on his face.

Turr_Phennir
I think the better question is, why would anyone put Vader above a Sith lord who's holocron was so full of powerful secrets and rituals that it made Darth "I eat sith lightning and shit a new order" Bane literally a fanboy?

Could just be me though.

But the best question is undoubtedly why would anyone put a guy who was a Sith Lord for, what, three years? above another guy who was even more powerful in the Force and a Sith Lord for around twenty five, who has a vastly more impressive array of abilities and skills, and was the disciple of history's most learned Sith?

I'm all for giving older Force users their due credit, but this paradigm has always perplexed me and likely will continue for the foreseeable future.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Turr_Phennir
But the best question is undoubtedly why would anyone put a guy who was a Sith Lord for, what, three years? above another guy who was even more powerful in the Force and a Sith Lord for around twenty five, who has a vastly more impressive array of abilities and skills, and was the disciple of history's most learned Sith?

I'm all for giving older Force users their due credit, but this paradigm has always perplexed me and likely will continue for the foreseeable future.

Made this for you, Escape!

Zampanó
http://www.mspaforums.com/images/smilies/weasel.gifhttp://www.mspaforums.com/images/smilies/weasel.gifhttp://www.mspaforums.com/images/smilies/weasel.gifhttp://www.mspaforums.com/images/smilies/weasel.gifhttp://www.mspaforums.com/images/smilies/weasel.gif
http://www.mspaforums.com/images/smilies/weasel.gifhttp://www.mspaforums.com/images/smilies/weasel.gifhttp://www.mspaforums.com/images/smilies/weasel.gifhttp://www.mspaforums.com/images/smilies/weasel.gifhttp://www.mspaforums.com/images/smilies/weasel.gif

Turr_Phennir
Made this for you, Escape!

Wrong guy, Lucius is the one who really liked Loki from Thor. erm

Nephthys
I dunno, I think its a good likeness.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/c8/LudoVsSadow.jpg

Marka's rockin' those horns!

GenomeFrozener

Could just be me though.

This, so much.

Its from The Old Republic. Spoilers.

You, PM the spoilers. NOW.

Nephthys
YESSER!

GenomeFrozener
YESSER!

I feel like killing a child now. confused

Korto Vos
You have more reason for falling to the Dark Side than Anakin.

Darth Truculent
The true question is what did Revan actually learn during his 5 year journey in the Unknown Regions with Malak? We do know he discovered the thought bomb ritual, plundered the dark secrets of Malachor V, scared Ajunta Pall into surrendering to him, led Republic forces to victory over the Mandalorians and caused the Jedi Council to wipe his memory. Darth Bane even stated that Revan knew powers and techniques that he would not dare to attempt due to the fact they were so dangerous. Traya stated that looking at Revan was like looking into the heart of the Force.

Revan knew that knowledge was power not just mayhem and destruction. The difference between Vader and Revan is that Anakin/Vader was mentally unstable. Another question is could Anakin/Vader survived the final battle at Malachor V without becoming a wound in the Force like the Exile?

Toshi
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener

You, PM the spoilers. NOW.

Yeah sorry I'm getting lazy but someone leaked the dialogue and pics so go look those up.

It wasn't me though so if anyone wants to tattle to BioWare know it wasn't me...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.