Odin VS Kid Omega, Xavier, Emma Frost, & Exodus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Odin VS Kid Omega, Xavier, Emma Frost, & Exodus

This is a telepathic/psi battle only; NO other powers allowed whatsoever.
fight is in asgard.

who wins?

1. No prep

2. Odin gets one hour of prep

Sin I AM
The should be able to take him

Utrigita
If we assume that Odin is capable of stalemating Galactus in a telepathic engagement, I think Odin will be capable of handling the team without any significant problems.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Utrigita
If we assume that Odin is capable of stalemating Galactus in a telepathic engagement, I think Odin will be capable of handling the team without any significant problems.

what gives u that assumption?

Cogito
The implications of Odin stalemating (or seeming to, at least) Galactus in a psi battle and this team beating Odin is frightening.

F*** Fraction. Can we just consider Mighty Thor non-canon by reason of stupidity?

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Lol.

Besides stalemating Galactus, Odin has effortlessly wiped the minds of all the beings who inhabit Midgard and Asgard. Odin is on a level where beings can channel their power into any facet, giving them an all encompassing powerset.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^Lol.

Besides stalemating Galactus, Odin has effortlessly wiped the minds of all the beings who inhabit Midgard and Asgard. Odin is on a level where beings can channel their power into any facet, giving them an all encompassing powerset.

a feat this group could duplicate imo and bsides well Charles and Co. are no chumps either, i know its an uphill battle, jus not the steamroll thats implied

Sin I AM
iirc he didnt stalemate galactus btw...which is why he cried out no

Cogito
Originally posted by Sin I AM
iirc he didnt stalemate galactus btw...which is why he cried out no

...The fight is ongoing, and so thus far is a stalemate.

Oslaught1262
The X-team utterly destroy him.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Oslaught1262
The X-team utterly destroy him.

This big grin

JakeTheBank
Odin

the Darkone
Odin will rape this team.

zopzop
They are not overpowering him in a mental contest, no way. Odin wins.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Sin I AM
what gives u that assumption?

That Professor Xavier twice was incapable of in any way just making his way through Galactus defenses, with Galactus not even actively fighting said intrusion. In the Skrull incident, Xavier had to ask Galactus to lower his personal defenses, in secret wars Magneto and Xavier was getting absolutely nowhere in trying to learn Galactus true intention. Now I know that Galactus doesn't have the abundance of telepathic feats that the teams does, but the fact alone that Xavier is portrayed as a telepathic bug next to Galactus speaks volume imo. Then you take into account the rest of the team, which from my point of view, is around or above Xavier so... And again we can assume (based on the battle so far) that they are equals.

Oslaught1262
i see a lot of speculation about Odin's power, would you think he can overrun the Goddess who Xavier fought together with Thanos in a mental combat?

vansonbee
Galactus had some problems dealing w/ Odin in psi battle. Xavier in the past tried convincing Galactus to spare the skrull world in psychic plane, but it failed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Oslaught1262
i see a lot of speculation about Odin's power

Odin has gone toe to toe with Galactus on the mental plane, Odin has wiped the memories of both Earth and Asgard.

Not much speculation needed to realize that Odin is extremely high on the psychic totem pole.

Oslaught1262
i never thought Odin was in Galactus level, that certainly changes things

when Galactus faced Moondragon and Thanos they managed to put him in a difficult situation, so team may want to use subtlety to affect Odin

Rage.Of.Olympus
They can try. Imo, Odin takes it, and it's not really close.

It took Thanos, Dr. Strange, the Silver Surfer, Drax, Adam Warlock, Moondragon, and Maxam working together to just barely break free of the Madness Thor entrapped them in. Later, Odin was going toe to toe with Thor on the mental plane -Adam Warlock stated the battle defied their mortal comprehension- and he could have taken Thor down but feared injuring him.

Mindset
I...I agree with Rage.

foreveralone

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Utrigita
That Professor Xavier twice was incapable of in any way just making his way through Galactus defenses, with Galactus not even actively fighting said intrusion. In the Skrull incident, Xavier had to ask Galactus to lower his personal defenses, in secret wars Magneto and Xavier was getting absolutely nowhere in trying to learn Galactus true intention. Now I know that Galactus doesn't have the abundance of telepathic feats that the teams does, but the fact alone that Xavier is portrayed as a telepathic bug next to Galactus speaks volume imo. Then you take into account the rest of the team, which from my point of view, is around or above Xavier so... And again we can assume (based on the battle so far) that they are equals.

thumb up

This team has no chance against Odin in a telepathic battle...

TheLordofMurder
They can try. Imo, Odin takes it, and it's not really close.

It took Thanos, Dr. Strange, the Silver Surfer, Drax, Adam Warlock, Moondragon, and Maxam working together to just barely break free of the Madness Thor entrapped them in. Later, Odin was going toe to toe with Thor on the mental plane -Adam Warlock stated the battle defied their mortal comprehension- and he could have taken Thor down but feared injuring him.

thumb up

OneDumbG0
I'm surprised so many people consider Odin stalemating Galactus in tp. It appears that Odin attempted to engage him on that arena, slowly realized he wasn't getting anywhere with it, even got a bit showed up in it, and then resorted to fisticuffs.

No?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why? Odin wasn't gaining any ground mentally but neither was Galactus, it was going back and forth. Pretty much the definition of a stalemate.

At one point Galactus elicited more of a response from Odin but it's because he touched a nerve with the whole "eating the dead" bit related to the Serpent more than anything.

zopzop
@Rage

Exactly. PS I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised with the next issue when they go at it physically.

OneDumbG0
Why? Odin wasn't gaining any ground mentally but neither was Galactus, it was going back and forth. Pretty much the definition of a stalemate.

At one point Galactus elicited more of a response from Odin but it's because he touched a nerve with the whole "eating the dead" bit related to the Serpent more than anything. Had Odin elicited more of a response from Galan and Galactus lose his temper and charge Odin with all his bluster, I'd doubt that it would be interpreted as a stalemate to you.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Had Odin elicited more of a response from Galan and Galactus lose his temper and charge Odin with all his bluster, I'd doubt that it would be interpreted as a stalemate to you.

Let's cut to the chase, where are you going with this, that Galactus was winning? I'm sorry but this doesn't indicate that Galactus had the upper hand:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/6e3e4eci9601/prv9601_pg6.jpg

As far as I can tell, Odin got frustrated with the lack of progress and opted for the more direct approach. Which isn't exactly out of the blue with Fraction's portrayal. He's All Father is hot headed.

Mindset
Odin got upset when Galactus got the upper hand.

Canon.

OneDumbG0
Let's cut to the chase, where are you going with this, that Galactus was winning? I'm sorry but this doesn't indicate that Galactus had the upper hand:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/6e3e4eci9601/prv9601_pg6.jpg

As far as I can tell, Odin got frustrated with the lack of progress and opted for the more direct approach. Which isn't exactly out of the blue with Fraction's portrayal.

And let's not pretend w It's obvious what I said. I think it's really obvious.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So you're not intending to have an actual discussion. I'm not going to waste my time with you discussing some what if scenario where the tables are turned.

OneDumbG0
So you're not intending to have an actual discussion. I'm not going to waste my time with you discussing some what if scenario where the tables are turned. No discussion needed. Oh yea, one other thing: It think it's really really really obvious that if Silver Surfer torpedoed Odin's head during the tp battle, and Odin still elicited more of a reaction from Galactus... and Galactus decided to disengage the tp and bullrush Odin, you wouldn't be characterizing it as a stalemate. At all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No discussion needed.

Alright then.

Oh yea, one other thing: It think it's really really really obvious that if Silver Surfer torpedoed Odin's head during the tp battle, and Odin still elicited more of a reaction from Galactus... and Galactus decided to disengage the tp and bullrush Odin, you wouldn't be characterizing it as a stalemate. At all.
At one point Galactus elicited more of a response from Odin but it's because he touched a nerve with the whole "eating the dead" bit related to the Serpent more than anything.

I'm not going to waste my time with you discussing some what if scenario where the tables are turned.

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up

Nice to see Odin can't beat Galactus in a telepathy battle even when Thor is physically assaulting the big G, and he's expending his own energies to hold off a force of Asgardians (an expenditure not required by Odin).

Nice. Not that surprising though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^ thumb up

Nice to see Odin can't beat Galactus in a telepathy battle even when Thor is physically assaulting the big G, and he's expending his own energies to hold off a force of Asgardians (an expenditure not required by Odin).

Nice. Not that surprising though.

Are you implying that a single hit from Thor should have a noticeable impact on Galactus' performance?

Oh poor Galan, not long after feeding he had to expend some energy to hold off about 50 regular Asgardans. It's not as if a large chunk of the Odin Force flows through the entire Asgardian race and home dimension or anything.

OneDumbG0
^ kinda

Odin w/prep + Thor + a dozen Asgardians = still can't win a tp battle stalemate.

Yuppers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^ kinda

Odin w/prep + Thor + a dozen Asgardians = still can't win a tp battle stalemate.

Yuppers.

With prep? Hahaha, I can't even pretend to take this seriously.

If Galactus was superior to Odin mentally, Odin wouldn't have been able to intrude his mind, then hold his own in a direct battle. And this was before Thor struck Galactus. If you're really falling back on Galactus summoning a few dozen Cosmic Demons, then you must really be desperate and ultimately, that line of thinking wouldn't end well for you. Odin has a much larger chunk of power invested in other ventures.

It's all right there on the pages, there's no need to waste my time.

OneDumbG0
With prep? Hahaha, I can't even pretend to take this seriously.

If Galactus was superior to Odin mentally, Odin wouldn't have been able to intrude his mind, then hold his own in a direct battle And this was before Thor struck Galactus. If you're really falling back on Galactus summoning a few dozen Cosmic Demons, then you must really be desperate and ultimately, the argument wouldn't end well for you. I've already seen Xavier and Thanos and Moondragon do that. In case you forgot. But you're right, slowly losing a telepathic battle against Galactus is quite a feat.

I'm sure in a What If?, while Odin is summoning some Odinpower warriors, Surfer will slam Odin in the head, Galactus will still nevertheless be the one flustered, and Galactus will be the one to disengage the tp...

... and we'll all be like, "Oh yea... s'like a stalemate, yknow? Like... they're totally even dontcha know."

Rage.Of.Olympus
I've already seen Xavier and Thanos and Moondragon do that. In case you forgot. But you're right, slowly losing a telepathic battle against Galactus is quite a feat.

Losing? What the hell are you

Silly me, I was going to attempt to reason with you. Let's just go back and forth, objectively analyzing the situation is clearly too painful for you.

You're right, only stalemating Galactus is beneath Odin. He's probably weakened. He hasn't entered the Odin Sleep since before his death where he was noticeably drained.

I'm sure in a What If?, while Odin is summoning some Odinpower warriors, Surfer will slam Odin in the head, Galactus will still nevertheless be the one flustered, and Galactus will be the one to disengage the tp...

... and we'll all be like, "Oh yea... s'like a stalemate, yknow? Like... they're totally even dontcha know."
I'm not going to waste my time with you discussing some what if scenario where the tables are turned.

OneDumbG0
Losing? What the hell are you

Silly me, I was going to attempt to reason with you. Let's just go back and forth, objectively analyzing the situation is clearly too painful for you.

You're right, only stalemating Galactus is beneath Odin. He's probably weakened. He hasn't entered the Odin Sleep since before his death where he was noticeably drained. One way of being objective is to look at it from both sides. Which you're not eager to do.

Oh, no wait. You do want to do that. I'm just distracted with all of the deflections from my pointed observations of the actual fight. Silly me. I should concentrate more.

leonidas
i think g may have one-upped odin at one point, but odin seemed more frustrated. it was odd though--he stopped, called him a bastard and seemed to call on his forces, all the while maintaining tp contact and battle?

we also saw that galan (in g's mind) seemed to be confused and very concerned about the plight of his universe and galan didn't seem to realize that he was being assaulted via tp the second time around. not sure what odin's end goal would have been or if it would have been successful. it was also impressive that even after thor's blow, odin seemed locked in the tp world that g created for him.

as far as it went, i'd give a slight edge to g in that battle in terms of who was more impressive, but it was entirely indecisive as it was not yet ended.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.