Gender roles and equality.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tha C-Master
Hello once again guys. This was a highly debated topic in another thread, so I will debate it here. I'm well aware of the types that post here and their beliefs, but I don't really care.

How do people here feel about gender relations, roles, and equality? I believe in everything being 50/50, some believe in roles, and others (i.e most) believe it should be "equal" to a woman plus extra benefits. Not only in terms of relationships, but law and everything else.

What do you think? Discuss, post, blah blah blah.

menokokoro
I think everyone should have "Equal Opportunity" not "Equal Results". So many people now days are trying to force corporations to hire women, just so things will be equal, but that isn't equal at all, that is prioritizing women just because they are women, not because they are better for the job.

Tha C-Master
The best person should be hired for the job. Women don't deserve special hiring and nor do any races or groups. Last I checked there were more women hired than men anyways. So that is unfair.

I think that at certain times many of these "laws" had a good cause, but they get carried away and cause more problems then they solve.

Bardock42
I think everyone needs to find what arrangement they are comfortable with. I don't have a problem with dividing responsibilities, but I am strongly opposed to the indoctrination of gender roles by society.

inimalist
this thread is going to be spectacular

lord xyz
I believe it's wrong that the law sees women get treated differently in a divorce than men.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think everyone needs to find what arrangement they are comfortable with. I don't have a problem with dividing responsibilities, but I am strongly opposed to the indoctrination of gender roles by society. Right, people do what's comfortable for them, if they can't divide, live separately, which is what I recommend anyways.

Originally posted by inimalist
this thread is going to be spectacular You bet. wink

Although maybe not, it depends on whether or not I'm active to keep these babies going. evil face It's good to have someone who disagrees with the norm to keep discussions going.Originally posted by lord xyz
I believe it's wrong that the law sees women get treated differently in a divorce than men. Someone agrees with me. Wow. big grin

I don't like the child support custody laws either that favor men. They are both wrong and part of an outdated time.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lord xyz
I believe it's wrong that the law sees women get treated differently in a divorce than men.

What are you referring to in this?

menokokoro
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
The best person should be hired for the job. Women don't deserve special hiring and nor do any races or groups. Last I checked there were more women hired than men anyways. So that is unfair.

I think that at certain times many of these "laws" had a good cause, but they get carried away and cause more problems then they solve. Agree'd, it is getting out of hand. Like the "Minority Programs", giving minorities (that are already hired in a company) a chance to learn more about being an executive, or to just have a higher chance to succeed. How is that fair, when the rest of the employees are still just working, not getting a leg up, and many of them might be much more qualified.

You should get rewarded, not because of your skin color, heritage, or ses, but by your work.

Bardock42
That is of course totally contrary to reality. Your skin colour, heritage and sex greatly determines your ability to have success. It is not like women or black people have the same opportunities, because people view them differently, people are racist and sexist some outright, many subconsciously, and denying that would be insane, even if you make other arguments against affirmative action kind of programs, saying "women and blacks and homosexuals and poor people etc. are all treated equally now and have the same opportunities" is complete nonsense.

Tha C-Master
I agree with you somewhat. In society how you look, your race, age, etc, determines a lot of things. That doesn't mean they need to make laws on top of that in the favor of a certain group. That is the problem.

Originally posted by menokokoro
Agree'd, it is getting out of hand. Like the "Minority Programs", giving minorities (that are already hired in a company) a chance to learn more about being an executive, or to just have a higher chance to succeed. How is that fair, when the rest of the employees are still just working, not getting a leg up, and many of them might be much more qualified.

You should get rewarded, not because of your skin color, heritage, or ses, but by your work.
People should be treated good by what they do, not because of their ethnicity or gender. And I'm a minority saying this.

What are you referring to in this? Women get the upperhand in the vast majority of divorce cases. They have no contest divorce, they can cheat and still take a man's assets and the man may pay alimony for life.

I disagree with alimony altogether.

Bardock42
I agree with you somewhat. In society how you look, your race, age, etc, determines a lot of things. That doesn't mean they need to make laws on top of that in the favor of a certain group. That is the problem.

People should be treated good by what they do, not because of their ethnicity or gender. And I'm a minority saying this.

Women get the upperhand in the vast majority of divorce cases. They have no contest divorce, they can cheat and still take a man's assets and the man may pay alimony for life.

I disagree with alimony altogether.

Well, I'd like xyz to elaborate, but obviously we have to differentiate between cases. Most women are financially dependent on the man, that doesn't mean they didn't build wealth together. As far as I know a man in similar circumstances would also receive alimony from his wife, or am I informed incorrectly.

What does seem to be true, and is very bothersome, is the favour of women in child cases, even if the husband is fully capable of performing the same task there seems to be a bias towards giving custody to the mother.

Tha C-Master
Well, I'd like xyz to elaborate, but obviously we have to differentiate between cases. Most women are financially dependent on the man, that doesn't mean they didn't build wealth together. As far as I know a man in similar circumstances would also receive alimony from his wife, or am I informed incorrectly.

What does seem to be true, and is very bothersome, is the favour of women in child cases, even if the husband is fully capable of performing the same task there seems to be a bias towards giving custody to the mother. It's not the fault of men that the woman is dependent on them though, they made that choice. Women love to say they're independent so they should show it.

Community property is one thing, but a man paying you off in t his day and age is unfair. Men rarely see any and the women usually don't pay if they have to. Which is why I'm not really for marriage in this country. There's no real benefit to men. Anything a man can get married he can get single.

Men don't get custody because men usually make more and can pay more. The state gets a slice of that too. They really need to weigh the cases out and not give a kid to one parent over another.

inimalist
You bet. wink

Although maybe not, it depends on whether or not I'm active to keep these babies going. evil face It's good to have someone who disagrees with the norm to keep discussions going.

awww, he thinks he's a victim, poor guy

at least it shows progress that blatant misogyny is considered the rebellious point of view

Tha C-Master
awww, he thinks he's a victim, poor guy

at least it shows progress that blatant misogyny is considered the rebellious point of view Who me? Nah, I'm proud to stand up to my opinion and have the balls to express it.

I'm so blatantly misogynistic that I think women and men should be fifty/fifty and have equal laws? That's right, in our culture if you don't treat women like utter goddesses who do no wrong you're a misogynist. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you have nothing to really contribute, why bother with weak trolling?

inimalist
yup

Tha C-Master
yup I know. You're still ok. We just disagree on... a lot actually. *shrugs*

inimalist
I know you think I'm ok, you try so hard to earn my validation

Tha C-Master
I know, I want to be awesome just like you.

lord xyz
Well, I'd like xyz to elaborate Alimony, child custody, house custody, car custody etc. etc.

Although every case is different, the average, trend and satirists point to the general consensus that women get off better in most divorces.

I'm against bias and unfairness, since divorce laws basically dictate the rest of the lives of the parties involved.

Tha C-Master
Men shouldn't bother with marriage in this society, and if they do they need a prenup. Why have the government deciding what's yours when you can?

lord xyz
I don't believe in marriage, think it's out dated.

Tha C-Master
In today's society, it is quite antiquated.

Robtard
It's so edgy to be anti-marriage, especially in your 20's.

Symmetric Chaos
I don't believe in marriage. Total myth.

Bardock42
It's not the fault of men that the woman is dependent on them though, they made that choice. Women love to say they're independent so they should show it.

That's not usually in line with reality. What has happened is that a woman and a man got together and closed a contract, with varying stipulations, but lets say in this case with the purpose of the woman taking care of the household and the children and the man to provide financially for the woman and his children...perhaps something about sex and fidelity, etc.. This contract is implied to be for life.

Now, I am not happy with marriage in general and think that it should be way more clear what the stipulations are, and yes pre-nups are a good idea, but, I do think since that is the standard contract of our society between spouses it is only fair that in the case of disollution of that contract there is a way found that satisfies both parties and ensures at least some of the relied upon purposes to be held up.

In fact, as a man of business myself, I'd find it sickening if one of the parties could just walk away from such a contract scot free (the man in your example).

CloverQuick
I was a gung-ho feminist in the 1970s when it all got rolling but since then not so much. And although I still totally detest misogyny I also realize that women create some of the problem themselves. How can a gender be taken seriously when that gender is running around in absurd six inch heels and giggling. Women (more often young women) who purposely act silly and incompetent makes it harder for the ones who don't.

I think the problem with "equality" is that we aren't equal in physical strength. We had a Fed-Ex woman driver on our route for awhile and there was no way she could lift some the boxes out of that truck and deliver them. She had no business having that job. Ditto for female firefighters - the only way she can get an unconscious grown man out of a burning building is to drag him by the heels, head bumping on the floor/ground. She has no business with that job. On the other hand - there isn't a reason in the world why a woman can't competently fly jet planes - and more of them should be hired for the job. We also should have more women executives, more women in government and other jobs of that type.

I don't believe in either gender supporting the other when they divorce. Things should be divided 50/50. I see no reason why either spouse should get some kind of big fat settlement from the other. Man or woman, they should be able to work and support themselves. (Child support should be paid, of course, according to an individual's income.)

Tha C-Master
That's not usually in line with reality. What has happened is that a woman and a man got together and closed a contract, with varying stipulations, but lets say in this case with the purpose of the woman taking care of the household and the children and the man to provide financially for the woman and his children...perhaps something about sex and fidelity, etc.. This contract is implied to be for life.

Now, I am not happy with marriage in general and think that it should be way more clear what the stipulations are, and yes pre-nups are a good idea, but, I do think since that is the standard contract of our society between spouses it is only fair that in the case of disollution of that contract there is a way found that satisfies both parties and ensures at least some of the relied upon purposes to be held up.

In fact, as a man of business myself, I'd find it sickening if one of the parties could just walk away from such a contract scot free (the man in your example). In reality many women do expect a man to make more and pay for more things, and then they feel entitled to most of it when it doesn't work out.

Keep in mind that women initiate about 70-80% of divorces, so the man isn't usually "walking away" the woman is "walking away" with the house, car, kids, and money on top of that.

It is only savvy to get a contract with the other contract, but most people don't care about this when they get married, they just want to do it. Guys of course often do it because they want more sex, and women know they get benefits that they wouldn't get otherwise.

If the woman is staying at home (her choice) then what she gets should be decided beforehand. What most women do is decide "I don't want to work anymore" and they quit working, leaving the man with the expenses even when the kids are in school. There surely isn't that much to do at home by yourself, and really most westernized women don't want to do that. Women in other countries will cook regularly, clean regularly, keep themselves in good shape, and have sex with their husbands regularly. Women in America however, know they don't have to, and will begin to cut back on the sex and add on to the pounds once the contract is signed.

If I were to marry I'd would have no problem with a woman being at home if she did things. But many don't want to. They do what I listed above, making it a bad deal for men.Originally posted by CloverQuick
I was a gung-ho feminist in the 1970s when it all got rolling but since then not so much. And although I still totally detest misogyny I also realize that women create some of the problem themselves. How can a gender be taken seriously when that gender is running around in absurd six inch heels and giggling. Women (more often young women) who purposely act silly and incompetent makes it harder for the ones who don't.

I think the problem with "equality" is that we aren't equal in physical strength. We had a Fed-Ex woman driver on our route for awhile and there was no way she could lift some the boxes out of that truck and deliver them. She had no business having that job. Ditto for female firefighters - the only way she can get an unconscious grown man out of a burning building is to drag him by the heels, head bumping on the floor/ground. She has no business with that job. On the other hand - there isn't a reason in the world why a woman can't competently fly jet planes - and more of them should be hired for the job. We also should have more women executives, more women in government and other jobs of that type.

I don't believe in either gender supporting the other when they divorce. Things should be divided 50/50. I see no reason why either spouse should get some kind of big fat settlement from the other. Man or woman, they should be able to work and support themselves. (Child support should be paid, of course, according to an individual's income.) Right and there's nothing wrong with equality, men have strength and women have other things in their favor. I agree if a woman can do the job she should get it, and more and more women *are* getting good jobs, just like minorities can who apply themselves.

I don't agree with them giving women special rules in the army, or if they want to be a firefighter. They should have the same standards as the men. Not just for the sake of being "fair" but for the sake of everyone else.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by CloverQuick
I think the problem with "equality" is that we aren't equal in physical strength. We had a Fed-Ex woman driver on our route for awhile and there was no way she could lift some the boxes out of that truck and deliver them. She had no business having that job. Ditto for female firefighters - the only way she can get an unconscious grown man out of a burning building is to drag him by the heels, head bumping on the floor/ground. She has no business with that job.

Except that has nothing to do with being women and everything to do with not being strong enough. I know I'd fail qualifications for the US army, but that tells us nothing about men.

If a woman can pass the qualifications they should be allowed to do the job. The real world is made of different people not billions of people presenting a statistical average..

I do, however, have a problem with organizations like the military using lower standards for women. It seems vaguely insulting and, for the army, potentially dangerous.

I don't believe in either gender supporting the other when they divorce. Things should be divided 50/50. I see no reason why either spouse should get some kind of big fat settlement from the other.

You need to think about those last to sentences a bit. If a rich person marries a poor person and they divorce and each gets half the poor person did get a big fat settlement.

Are there, for that matter, laws that actually say a man must support his wife following divorce or something like that? I know my father never did (because it was never relevant, not because he's a dick).

Robtard
I don't believe in either gender supporting the other when they divorce. Things should be divided 50/50. I see no reason why either spouse should get some kind of big fat settlement from the other. Man or woman, they should be able to work and support themselves. (Child support should be paid, of course, according to an individual's income.)

In the broad sense that seems fair, but when we look at the nuances of individual marriages, it can be utterly unfair.

Say a couple marries in their mid-20's; they have children in their late 20's/early 30's; they both decide that one of them (traditionally the woman) will forsake their career and stay home to raise the children, care for the house etc. Which is like a full time job.

Now how is it fair if after 20+ years the marriage dissolves and the person who hasn't worked and/or forsaken their career has to now provide an income after decades of not working and/or no schooling?

There's also instances where I've seen the 'stay at home mom' literally not stay at home, she doesn't work, but she has a full time nanny to raise the children, a maid to clean/care for the house and a cook or order in meals. Should she really get half during the divorce? IMO, no, she's not done her share of the work.

IMO, divorces should be taken as a case by case basis with no set stipulations.

Tha C-Master
I will say that if the two marry and one decides to not work, and they divorce, yes she should have to work if she doesn't have any money put away or planned. Her well being isn't his responsibility anymore. There's no real need to cut out of work that long. Once the kids are in school she can find a part time job at least. Or go teach or something. Use that degree she got. She was living expense free, she shouldn't get that benefit if they are no longer together.Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Except that has nothing to do with being women and everything to do with not being strong enough. I know I'd fail qualifications for the US army, but that tells us nothing about men.

If a woman can pass the qualifications they should be allowed to do the job. The real world is made of different people not billions of people presenting a statistical average..

I do, however, have a problem with organizations like the military using lower standards for women. It seems vaguely insulting and, for the army, potentially dangerous.

You need to think about those last to sentences a bit. If a rich person marries a poor person and they divorce and each gets half the poor person did get a big fat settlement.

Are there, for that matter, laws that actually say a man must support his wife following divorce or something like that? I know my father never did (because it was never relevant, not because he's a dick). Which is what happens in 50/50 cases. Men have most of the assets and money and lose half (plus any other payments). Also alimony is supporting your wife. In some circles it's called vaginamony because you're paying for the sex you used to get.

Robtard
I will say that if the two marry and one decides to not work, and they divorce, yes she should have to work if she doesn't have any money put away or planned. Her well being isn't his responsibility anymore. There's no real need to cut out of work that long. Once the kids are in school she can find a part time job at least. Or go teach or something. Use that degree she got. She was living expense free, she shouldn't get that benefit if they are no longer together. Which is what happens in 50/50 cases.

Raising children and taking care of a household is like a full-time job, so it's not "living free." Maybe stop talking out of your ass for once?

It's not so easy to just get a job that you can support yourself from when the last 15+ years of your resume read 'house mom'.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Robtard
Raising children and taking care of a household is like a full-time job, so it's not "living free." Maybe stop talking out of your ass for once?

It's not so easy to just get a job that you can support yourself from when the last 15+ years of your resume read 'house mom'. How about you stop talking out your own ass. Her living without paying bills (which is what I meant by "expense free" genius) is what she got in return for raising children (if she so chooses, and it's always a choice). Also when the kids are a certain age you have more time to fulfill your career. Not to mention you live in the house so you get the services out of the house. If you live by yourself you still have to clean your own house and you aren't paid for it.

She is not entitled to that once they divorce just like he isn't entitled to sex once they get divorced. She gets whatever assets and that's that. Alimony is not necessary. That's their problem if they choose to not upgrade their career and make money. Many women choose to work from home so that is an option. I also clearly said that both sides should determine these things in advance. Did I not?

Robtard
How about you stop talking out your own ass. Her living without paying bills (which is what I meant by "expense free" genius) is what she got in return for raising children (if she so chooses, and it's always a choice). Also when the kids are a certain age you have more time to fulfill your career. Not to mention you live in the house so you get the services out of the house. If you live by yourself you still have to clean your own house and you aren't paid for it.

She is not entitled to that once they divorce just like he isn't entitled to sex once they get divorce. She gets whatever assets and that's that. Alimony is not necessary. That's their problem if they choose to not upgrade their career and make money. Many women choose to work from home so that is an option.

You're incredibly naive. It's a full-time job and it would be a joint effort benefiting the spouse too.

She would have sacrificed her pursuit of a career and/or further education for the joint benefit to her and her spouse. Starting a career is harder when you're older, why alimony (if deemed proper) is their to help the person until they can. Not every stay at home mom can also work on their career or work at home while raising a family and running a household.

It's not a even playing field across all marriages, why they should be looked at in a case by case basis and not your "this or that" mentally, you clownish person.

Tha C-Master
You're incredibly naive. It's a full-time job and it would be a joint benefiting the spouse.

She would have sacrificed her pursuit of a career and/or further education for the joint benefit to her and her spouse. Starting a career is harder when you're older, why alimony (if deemed proper) is their to help the person until they can.

It's not a even playing field across all marriages, why they should be looked at in a case by case basis and not your "this or that" mentally, you clownish person. You're obviously not very bright because I said numerous times that there should be a prenup for both parties beforehand. Most people don't plan.

She chose to give up her career and women don't often do it for their spouse, they choose to stay home whether or not the husband has a say in it. It is better for the kids, I will say that, but the man may or may not be a choice in it. Choosing to have kids will have a detrimental effect on your career and so will getting married, male or female, which is why it is wise to be prepared beforehand and not rush into it financially unprepared like an idiot. If you live inside of a house you get the benefits for living in that house. You have your medical expenses, transportation expenses, food expenses paid for. You're cleaning your own house and raising your own kids. Which, if you were single you would do anyways, without a man covering your expenses and not being able to drop out the work force. Not being able to work is a luxury that women generally prefer over working. This is why women in richer areas generally don't work. Much better than having to face the stresses of a job and layoffs especially since you'd have to care for a kid and house whether you were working or not.

Once the kids are older there is more time to her, and women in this country tend to hire maids, nannies, have their children watched by someone else, while they're out and about. Most don't cook or clean regularly especially not women in current generations. Now 50 years ago, I would agree.

Alimony is welfare and nothing more, and women who are divorced should be "independent" and support themselves. Men should not be forced to support a woman after a divorce. They're divorced. No different than she owes him no services. The settlement they get when they split assets is fine enough and I agree with that (if they agreed to it, or there was no prenup signed).

Why don't you look at some numbers, women initiate about 70-80% of divorces in this country, they aren't being "left behind" most leave and take everything a man has worked for along with the house, kids, and constant money. It's ridiculous and the system is obviously biased against men. You're damned right it isn't an even playing field. Women benefit, men lose. Men can get all of those services without getting married, which is my point. If a person leaves and then demands money because they "can't find easy work" whose fault is that? Start a business anyways, much better than a job.

Robtard
You're obviously not very bright because I said numerous times that there should be a prenup for both parties beforehand. Most people don't plan.

She chose to give up her career and women don't often do it for their spouse, they choose to stay home whether or not the husband has a say in it. It is better for the kids, I will say that, but the man may or may not be a choice in it. Choosing to have kids will have a detrimental effect on your career and so will getting married, male or female, which is why it is wise to be prepared beforehand and not rush into it financially unprepared like an idiot. If you live inside of a house you get the benefits for living in that house. You have your medical expenses, transportation expenses, food expenses paid for. You're cleaning your own house and raising your own kids. Which, if you were single you would do anyways, without a man covering your expenses and not being able to drop out the work force. Not being able to work is a luxury that women prefer over working. This is why women in richer areas generally don't work. Much better than having to face the stresses of a job and layoffs especially since you'd have to care for a kid and house whether you were working or not.

Once the kids are older there is more time to her, and women in this country tend to hire maids, nannies, have their children watched by someone else, while they're out and about. Most don't cook or clean regularly especially not women in current generations. Now 50 years ago, I would agree.

Alimony is welfare and nothing more, and women who are divorced should be "independent" and support themselves. Men should not be forced to support a woman after a divorced. They're divorced. No different than she owes him no services. The settlement they get when they split assets is fine enough and I agree with that (if they agreed to it, or there was no prenup signed).

Why don't you look at some numbers, women initiate about 70-80% of divorces in this country, they aren't being "left behind" most leave and take everything a man has worked for along with the house, kids, and constant money. It's ridiculous and the system is obviously biased against men. You're damned right it isn't an even playing field. Women benefit, men lose. Men can get all of those services without getting married, which is my point. If a person leaves and then demands money because they "can't find easy work" whose fault is that? Start a business anyways, much better than a job.

If there was a prenup then these scenarios we're discussing wouldn't be a problem, genius. Division of property, alimony etc would have already been handled beforehand. Think before you speak, k?

I stopped reading about a 3rd way into that second paragraph, just more blanket generalizations and naive rantings from a clown. The dynamics of every marriage isn't the same.

Tha C-Master
I never said all marriages were the same, and I agreed with most of your first post I read (or second), I just disagreed slightly with one small part, and you had to jump in and insult and get huffy. But generally most men pay out in marriages regardless, and women divorce most of the time, generally speaking. We know there are exceptions, but we're talking about what happens in general.

If there was a prenup then these scenarios we're discussing wouldn't be a problem, genius. Division of property, alimony etc would have already been handled beforehand. Think before you speak, k?

I stopped reading about a 3rd way into that second paragraph, just more blanket generalizations and naive rantings from a clown.

Exactly my point, it wouldn't be a problem beforehand, I said it way before you even posted. I was responding your post. I know how contracts and prenups work, thank you very much. My point was even if they didn't work, the man should not pay vaginamony, which is really "I had sex with you, so now you owe me money". Now they have palimony, which is the same thing, except with cohabitants. Men still pay even if there weren't any kids in the picture.

So your translation: I have no point, I'm only speaking on opinions because I'm butt-hurt." I have to throw out insults because I had no point in the first place.

Wah. Funny how this naive clown smacks around so many fools in this forum and has done so for years. I know plenty about money and business and protecting assets, which is why my money works for me, while most people go to work. wink

Robtard
Nah, you just ranted and continue to rant while making blanket generalizations.

My point is that you're a clown, see above.

Pat yourself on the back some more over imagined "wins", it's funny and sad.

Tha C-Master
Nah, you just ranted and continue to rant while making blanket generalizations.

My point is that you're a clown, see above.

Pat yourself on the back some more over imagined "wins", it's funny and sad. Nope I made points and backed them up with proof, while you proceeded to insult. Then you called out something I already said. Alimony is paid in numerous cases whether there is a kid or not, and whether there is a woman or not, fact.

Women initiate 70-80% of divorces, fact.

My point is you never had a point in the first place and resort to insults once you're out of juice. Nothing new from here, see it all the time. People need to communicate and make a point without throwing out insults whenever they run out of juice.

No need to. Considering the populous here, it's really nothing to brag about. Sad really. I know most people have nothing going on and being on the internet is the only way they feel valid. Whatever floats your boat.

Robtard
You made rants and blanket generalizations concerning divorce, you had/have no real point.

So 2/3 of divorces happen because the woman initiates the divorce first. How is this a factor considering you didn't bother to post the reasons why they initiated them? It isn't. Fact.

You also obviously have some extreme grunge against women in general. Not good.

Tha C-Master
You made rants and blanket generalizations, you had/have no real point.

So 2/3 of divorces happen because the woman initiates the divorce first. How is this a factor considering you didn't bother to post the reasons why they initiated them? It isn't. Fact.

You also obviously have some extreme grunge against women in general. Not good. Which blanket generalizations? I made points and general truths. Remember I am talking in general (don't know why I have to explain this so many times). Which means we are speaking in general about things as they generally happen, we are in a "general" discussion forum after all. I have no time to sit and list exceptions to the rule.

It is a fact they divorce and take money, and often list money as a reaason. The point is they leave and take the money from the men, so it is not like they are victims in most of those cases. They then proceed to use the court system to get advantages over men, that's also a fact.

No. I have no problem with any group. I just dislike stupid, lazy, and irresponsible members of a certain group. Just because I don't pee sitting down like many of you and I speak the truth doesn't mean I have some grunge against women, or any other group. Please. You obviously believe women are entitled to special benefits that men aren't. Why? That isn't good either. That being said there are certain women from certain parts of the world who display certain behaviors. I like women from parts of the world that aren't westernized countries, for the reasons mentioned above.

YankeeWhaler
It kills me when I see women empowerment seminars in the paper.

It seems we need this for men when it comes to relationships with women. Had a neighbor join the military, he was gone for a year and a half and is wife was pregs when he got back. He moved on and his next gf got pregs and she refused to get married or continue with the relationship. He ended up committing suicide.

Seems men need to know women are tough to deal with and maybe the sex with is not worth it, if she is going to be bossy and materialistic and moving on quickly to the next guy rather quickly when she is not getting what she wants from the current one.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by YankeeWhaler
It kills me when I see women empowerment seminars in the paper.

It seems we need this for men when it comes to relationships with women. Had a neighbor join the military, he was gone for a year and a half and is wife was pregs when he got back. He moved on and his next gf got pregs and she refused to get married or continue with the relationship. He ended up committing suicide.

Seems men need to know women are tough to deal with and maybe the sex with is not worth it, if she is going to be bossy and materialistic and moving on quickly to the next guy rather quickly when she is not getting what she wants from the current one. That's another thing, women who sleep with men who have military benfits and get their benefits and pension. Then sleep around when they are gone. I'd strongly recommend men in the army to not get married, until later at the very least.

Men can have sex, just live at their own place and she lives at her own place. That way you don't have to deal with the problems mentioned here. Men should focus on their career and future, the women will come along anyways.

This country and other westernized countries have gotten very misandrist and it shows in the tv shows where men are portrayed as dumb, talk shows like Oprah where they say men are inferior and other nonsense. How much more empowerment do they need? They get things men don't get anyways. Problem is men don't speak up, and many are brainwashed into believing this nonsense as we can see in numerous discussions and shows.

I simply propose equality and personal responsibility on both sides.

YankeeWhaler

Thanks for being honest about the women creating probs for themselves. That seems to be overlooked as how did the woman contribute to the problem. It can happen that a woman ia 100% victim in some situations, but a lot of the times its a matter of dishing it out, but not being able to take it, because a man is not supposed to do that to a woman. Yet the woman was doing it to the man.

Robtard
Which blanket generalizations? I made points and general truths. Remember I am talking in general (don't know why I have to explain this so many times). Which means we are speaking in general about things as they generally happen, we are in a "general" discussion forum after all. I have no time to sit and list exceptions to the rule.

It is a fact they divorce and take money, and often list money as a reaason. The point is they leave and take the money from the men, so it is not like they are victims in most of those cases. They then proceed to use the court system to get advantages over men, that's also a fact.

No. I have no problem with any group. I just dislike stupid, lazy, and irresponsible members of a certain group. Just because I don't pee sitting down like many of you and I speak the truth doesn't mean I have some grunge against women, or any other group. Please. You obviously believe women are entitled to special benefits that men aren't. Why? That isn't good either. That being said there are certain women from certain parts of the world who display certain behaviors. I like women from parts of the world that aren't westernized countries, for the reasons mentioned above.

Marriages aren't either this or that, so saying 'women generally shouldn't get alimony' is an idiotic blanket statement because marriages and their dynamics vary intensely. "General Discussion" as in prevalent topics, you clown.

Just more blanket statements/rants and further cementing that you obviously have a grudge against women. Not good. It would also help if you provided proof when ranting and ending every statement with "fact! fact! fact!". But that's probably too much to ask.

Yes, I obviously think women are entitled to more when I'm the one saying the dividing of property, alimony etc should be on a "case to case basis" and not some general blanket statement like "they leave for the money". (that was sarcasm, as I doubt you have it in to to pick it up)

Tha C-Master
Marriages aren't either this or that, so saying 'women generally shouldn't get alimony' is an idiotic blanket statement because marriages and their dynamics vary intensely.

Just more blanket statements/rants and further cementing that you obviously have a grudge against women. Not good.

Yes, I obviously think women are entitled to more when I'm the one saying the dividing of property, alimon etc should be on a "case to case basis" and not some general blanket statement. (that was sarcasm, as I doubt you have it in to to pick it up)

No I don't think they should get it at all. Not generally. Never. Men shouldn't get it either. Unless it is planned beforehand.

Women generally come on top of divorces is what I said. I said that should be fair and people should plan.

Nobody should get alimony, men nor women. Nothing is unfair to women in my statement because men shouldn't get it either in the very rare cases they do. Unless it is planned beforehand. Don't be a mangina. I think people should earn their own and be responsible for themselves. People need to plan ahead. I don't give a rats ass how different the dynamics are. No spouse should support another after divorce. In any way, that's the point of being divorced. We can't look at everything as an exception, we have to look at the larger picture.

The facts are still that women marry men who make more *generally*, and *generally* leave, and *generally* take large amounts of money with them plus payments, and they *generally* get the kids.

That being said the system is *generally* against men. I feel it should be equal, simple.

Btw with your system do men get money back if the woman does nothing in the marriage? Doubt it.

Tha C-Master

Thanks for being honest about the women creating probs for themselves. That seems to be overlooked as how did the woman contribute to the problem. It can happen that a woman ia 100% victim in some situations, but a lot of the times its a matter of dishing it out, but not being able to take it, because a man is not supposed to do that to a woman. Yet the woman was doing it to the man. Victims are willing participants most of the time.

People should want equality and strive for it.

YankeeWhaler
Yeah it is a bit odd that women let themselves go but threaten to end relationships for some reason or other. If a guy said to a woman I am leaving solely on because you let yourself go and its a bit scary looking, he is mean and shallow.

Knew someone that pulled that on me a lot, thinking about ending the relationship, when I got tired of hearing that emotional blackmail and left, she claims she tossed me out. Wow. Really. And boy did she let herself go. I never mentioned it because I was focused on the person inside, which was getting rather tiresome aa her demands for stuff actually were shallow and already sensed before I left she was already angling to hook up with someone else.

Robtard
No I don't think they should get it at all. Not generally. Never. Men shouldn't get it either. Unless it is planned beforehand.

Women generally come on top of divorces is what I said. I said that should be fair and people should plan.

Nobody should get alimony, men nor women. Nothing is unfair to women in my statement because men shouldn't get it either in the very rare cases they do Unless it is planned beforehand. Don't be a mangina. I think people should earn their own and be responsible for themselves. People need to plan ahead. I don't give a rats ass how different the dynamics are. No spouse should support another after divorce. In any way, that's the point of being divorced. We can't look at everything as an exception, we have to look at the larger picture.

The facts are still that women marry men who make more *generally*, and *generally* leave, and *generally* take large amounts of money with them plus payments, and they *generally* get the kids.

That being said the system is *generally* against men. I feel it should be equal, simple.

Btw with your system do men get money back if the woman does nothing in the marriage? Doubt it.

More naive ranting. The dynamics do matter, it is what would allow one person to get this or that during a divorce and make it fair for both parties. "Mangina", brilliant retort.

I laid out a real life example of a woman who I think shouldn't get an equal share of the assets in my first post. My 'case to case' basis is to provide equality for all. You just have some grudge against women with all these blankets and rants.

Tha C-Master
Yeah it is a bit odd that women let themselves go but threaten to end relationships for some reason or other. If a guy said to a woman I am leaving solely on because you let yourself go and its a bit scary looking, he is mean and shallow.

Knew someone that pulled that on me a lot, thinking about ending the relationship, when I got tired of hearing that emotional blackmail and left, she claims she tossed me out. Wow. Really. And boy did she let herself go. I never mentioned it because I was focused on the person inside, which was getting rather tiresome aa her demands for stuff actually were shallow and already sensed before I left she was already angling to hook up with someone else. Well this happens in westernized countries like US, UK, Austrailia, and Canada. This is why (especially in America) you see many women that are so overweight. They know once they get the name signed they can do what they want so they don't have the incentive to keep the weight down or put out.

And before someone jumps on me it is a statistical fact that women gain weight after marriage and even more weight after kids. Of course they do. When they are married and have kids they get more money than if they were single and trying to get a guy. This is also why they lose the weight after they divorce.

I think men and women should speak to each other about expectations in a marriage. Men are visual and sexual attraction is critical to them. It's no different than a man who didn't want to work, she'd leave him too. These should be discussed up front.

YankeeWhaler
Yeah it kills me, we are in a patrichial socirty and marriage is based on the word matrimony. That should give everyone a clue that is a relationship for women dominated by women and that men are generally signing away their manhood.

Seeing how women are generally fickle to begin with, it really is not a good deal for men. Go the Goldie Hawn Kurt Russell route.

Tha C-Master
More naivety. The do dynamics matter, it si what would allow one person to get this or that during a divorce and make it fair for both parties. "Mangina", brilliant retort.

I laid out a real life example of a woman who I think shouldn't get an equal share of the assets in my first post. My 'case to case' basis is to provide equality for all. You just have some grudge against women with all these blankets and rants. I'm sooo naive, not, which is why I keep my money, because I'm not paying it to some broad. I know the facts and the stats and I know from real life experiences dealing with people who have gone through this, men get raped most of the time. Maybe sometimes they don't but they do most of the time, which is the point. Even a broken clock is wrong twice a day, so what? Should we keep letting the inequality continue because of a handful of cases in the minority. The solution: both plan beforehand and this isn't a problem. It shows maturity, and if you two don't agree, don't get married. wink

I know. I like it myself. smile

I agreed with your other case. I just disagreed with this one somewhat. No big deal.

I have no grudge at all. Nothing better than a woman for sex, they're great. smile You just want things different for men and women. Many people here are saying the same thing I am and I'm communicating with them, it's a discussion. You are like many people in this culture who hate to hear anything that might be negative about a woman or something in regards to it, so you jump to the defense like a white knight.

Funny how I've proposed nothing that was unequal to women yet. Not at all, and I've also used statistics for my "blankets" so they are valid, we are talking about millions of people on a general discussion forum for God's sake.Originally posted by YankeeWhaler
Yeah it kills me, we are in a patrichial socirty and marriage is based on the word matrimony. That should give everyone a clue that is a relationship for women dominated by women and that men are generally signing away their manhood.

Seeing how women are generally fickle to begin with, it really is not a good deal for men. Go the Goldie Hawn Kurt Russell route. Matrimony "mattress money".

This society wants to almost be matriarchal now. I just think that men and women need to do their own things and meet up. With the options both genders have now, there is no reason not to.

Robtard
I'm sooo naive, not, which is why I keep my money, because I'm not paying it to some broad. I know the facts and the stats and I know from real life experiences dealing with people who have gone through this, men get raped most of the time. Maybe sometimes they don't but they do most of the time, which is the point. Even a broken clock is wrong twice a day, so what? Should we keep letting the inequality continue because of a handful of cases in the minority.

I know. I like it myself. smile

I agreed with your other case. I just disagreed with this one somewhat. No big deal.

I have no grudge at all. Nothing better than a woman for sex, they're great. smile You just want things different for men and women. Many people here are saying the same thing I am and I'm communicating with them, it's a discussion. You are like many people in this culture who hate to hear anything that might be negative about a woman or something in regards to it, so you jump to the defense like a white knight.

Funny how I've proposed nothing that was unequal to women yet. Not at all, and I've also used statistics for my "blankets" so they are valid, we are talking about millions of people on a general discussion forum for God's sake.

Grudge against women. Not good.

Tha C-Master
Grudge against women. Not good. Out of juice? stick out tongue

Women are great for many things and I know many great women. I know women who have their own shows, which I sponsor.

I've also sponsor women retreats, I've also sponsored Mother/daughter retreats which was to teach young girls valuable lessons and also curb teen pregnancy (which was in Mississippi, my home town, rampant with teen pregnancy). I've spent more money on women related causes than men related causes.

I care about young men and women growing up, and I give to these causes, like I give to educate people who are poorer. I'm just speaking the truth, doesn't have anything to do with "hate". I know great women, but they are an exception to the rule.

YankeeWhaler
From what I have seen in a lot of workplaces is that as long as you fit into the culture, does not matter if you lack the qualifications. we will teach what you need to know. It's a bit of a backdoor for cultural diversity and affirmative action. I have worked with welfare to work people and I would gladly pay more taxes for them not to be at work.

They are just not team players and think the world revolves around them and lack big time in manners. It's hilarious reading that in The Onion" tragic when you see it real life.

Robtard
Out of juice? stick out tongue

Women are great for many things and I know many great women. I know women who have their own shows, which I sponsor.

I've also sponsor women retreats, I've also sponsored Mother/daughter retreats which was to teach young girls valuable lessons and also curb teen pregnancy (which was in Mississippi, my home town, rampant with teen pregnancy). I've spent more money on women related causes than men related causes.

I care about young men and women growing up, and I give to these causes, like I give to educate people who are poorer. I'm just speaking the truth, doesn't have anything to do with "hate". I know great women, but they are an exception to the rule.

Only so many times I can show your rants and blankets generalizations to be faulty.

Hahhaa, just like the closet racist to cry "but I'm friends with a black person!" when they're called out. Your grudge against women is obvious. I'd talk to you about it; but I don't care.

Tha C-Master
Only so many times I can show your rants and blankets generalizations to be faulty.

Hahhaa, just like the closet racist to cry "but I know a black person!" when they're called out. Your grudge against women is obvious. I'd talk to you about it; but I don't care. Yet you continue to post.

You're not calling me out on anything, I really don't care. It isn't true. I hate stupid people equally across genders, races, and economic levels. I do know great women, who are exceptions, and they deserve their props, just like Oprah deserves hers. Oprah isn't the norm. I find it funny that morons on here say things like "You hate the poor, you hate this..." Yet I've given more and contributed way more to those causes than any of these losers ever have. It's easy to sit in the back and point, or make a dumb comment. Takes more to do something.

I have more of a problem with westernized society and the problems it has caused and a lot of the women who grow up there. But not women in general. I love foreign women a lot. You kidding me? Nothing hotter or better. You're just a white knight trying to get your rocks off and are trying to "point me out" for your own cool points, doesn't work well though.

Oh and check out the Tammie Tubbs website, I can't post it here. She has a woman's ministry I sponsor frequently. She was actually a client of mine. Great person. smile

Robtard
Yet you continue to post.

You're not calling me out on anything, I really don't care. It isn't true. I hate stupid people equally across genders, races, and economic levels. I do know great women, who are exceptions, and they deserve their props, just like Oprah deserves hers. Oprah isn't the norm. I find it funny that morons on here say things like "You hate the poor, you hate this..." Yet I've given more and contributed way more to those causes than any of these losers ever have. It's easy to sit in the back and point, or make a dumb comment. Takes more to do something.

I have more of a problem with westernized society and the problems it has caused and a lot of the women who grow up there. But not women in general. I love foreign women a lot. You kidding me? Nothing hotter or better. You're just a white knight trying to get your rocks off and are trying to "point me out" for your own cool points, doesn't work well though.
Yet I didn't post pointing out your errors; as I said, only so many times I can do it.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself that you don't have a grudge against women now?

Tha C-Master
Yet I didn't post pointing out your errors; as I said, only so many times I can do it.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself that you don't have a grudge against women now?

Which errors are those? They were all factually correct.

I don't waste my time convincing people anything. It's up to you to convince yourself. I think you need to stop peeing sitting down. Just because someone doesn't kiss the ass of females the way you do, doesn't mean they hate anything. I've discussed many issues about many groups of people here, please.

What have you done positive for any groups lately?

YankeeWhaler
I think what C Master is saying is, lets educate men about the facts and think with their brain, so that if they run into women of the guile, at least they have been told about it. Empowerment for women does not have to be its a man's world so no men allowed.

We need the same for men too. Empowerment for themselves to be assertative and knowledgeable about what goes on. It does not mean hating the opposite gender.

Geez, do people really think that is what goes on with women empowerment seminars, they hate men cuz its a mans world. No.

Although I am sure a few knuclehead women might think that way. Its about knowledge, creating boundries, and asking for what you want, taking action and making sure that what ever you do , its a fair deal with all concerned and not being intimidated by someone elses pose.

So why is it when CMaster says, he fellas look at all the facts about marriage and women in general, that he is a woman hater?

I would like to see more PSA on tv and radio about this, instead of promoting marriage, say he think twice about women and men too.

They can be fickle and turn a dime, so don't get comfortable or could be left out in the cold wondering what happened and not see things coming that are for the worst. Fortune tires of anyone resting on her shoulders for too long.

Tha C-Master
From what I have seen in a lot of workplaces is that as long as you fit into the culture, does not matter if you lack the qualifications. we will teach what you need to know. It's a bit of a backdoor for cultural diversity and affirmative action. I have worked with welfare to work people and I would gladly pay more taxes for them not to be at work.

They are just not team players and think the world revolves around them and lack big time in manners. It's hilarious reading that in The Onion" tragic when you see it real life. People will hire those who are like themselves, it's human nature.

I wouldn't pay for people to be off work for long myself. It's good they are doing better, but it shouldn't be a long term thing.

People are like that.Originally posted by YankeeWhaler
I think what C Master is saying is, lets educate men about the facts and think with their brain, so that if they run into women of the guile, at least they have been told about it. Empowerment for women does not have to be its a man's world so no men allowed.

We need the same for men too. Empowerment for themselves to be assertative and knowledgeable about what goes on. It does not mean hating the opposite gender.

Geez, do people really think that is what goes on with women empowerment seminars, they hate men cuz its a mans world. No.

Although I am sure a few knuclehead women might think that way. Its about knowledge, creating boundries, and asking for what you want, taking action and making sure that what ever you do , its a fair deal with all concerned and not being intimidated by someone elses pose.

So why is it when CMaster says, he fellas look at all the facts about marriage and women in general, that he is a woman hater?

I would like to see more PSA on tv and radio about this, instead of promoting marriage, say he think twice about women and men too.

They can be fickle and turn a dime, so don't get comfortable or could be left out in the cold wondering what happened and not see things coming that are for the worst. Fortune tires of anyone resting on her shoulders for too long. Because people don't want to hear the honest truth about subjects like this and other touchy issues. I've posted TONS of statistics, facts, data, etc. And people just ignore it, pout and insult.

It's the same thing with the men earning more than women lie, which is just that, a lie.

dadudemon
Originally posted by King Kandy
I don't think most women pay equal. I do think that the vast majority of feminists pay equal. This is in line with their philosophy, my personal experience, and simple logic. So with no proof your "its the truth" will fall on deaf ears.

I agree: feminists want equality for men, as well...which makes feminists kind of cool in my book.

Also, I've never met this ugly type of female feminist: some were quite hot, actually.

If I'm not mistaken, a real feminist would strongly agree with you.

Alimony, child custody, house custody, car custody etc. etc.

Although every case is different, the average, trend and satirists point to the general consensus that women get off better in most divorces.

I'm against bias and unfairness, since divorce laws basically dictate the rest of the lives of the parties involved.

From direct experience, I can say that women do get the nod in divorce cases. It's almost like affirmative action. If all things are equal, the woman will get the nod. I think this may have a bit to do with how negatively males are viewed by society: partiers, assholes, grouches, hairy, stinky, etc. And women are viewed as sugar spice and all that's nice.

Sure, that's an exaggeration, but that's just part of the sexist systems we have setup.

There is a female firefighter in my small city. She is probably stronger than most of the males on this website. She works out almost daily with the other male firefighters. She had to pass the same tests they did. Namely, carrying 100+lbs of firehouse up a ladder in a specific time. I used to workout at the same gym as a dude that repeatedly failed that test. She passed it.

Is she the rule or the exception? She's the extreme exception. She worked hard to get to where she is. Much more so than the men because their physical strength came much easier to them.

She's qualified for her job. She can do it. She can have it. End of.

Well, the 50/50 thing is the problem. Not everything is 50/50. The only way to keep things for sure is if you keep receipts and separate accounts. Then you can prove to the judge you purchased specific items. Only an anal person does that and it would seem suspicious if you were in a happy marriage. However, it is still recommended that you keep separate accounts as well as a "joint" bills account, even if you are getting along. That's what my wife and I do. big grin

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

If a woman can pass the qualifications they should be allowed to do the job. The real world is made of different people not billions of people presenting a statistical average.

Sure, among the billions of women out there, there are probably hundreds of thousands that could pass the fireman's qualification tests. However, that's an extreme minority.

That's just not how our biology works. You're speaking to the extreme exception, not the rule.

We are different and the extreme majority of women are not "built" to be able to carry 100+lbs of firehouse up a ladder. Sure, there are tons of men out there that cannot do that, as well. But there are cascades more of men that can do it than women and not because they "practiced" at it harder.

I think there should be no gender bias on any test especially for firemen or military. However, we need to come to grips with the reality that there is significant sexual asymmetry.

Ditto.

Tha C-Master
I have met a few "cool" feminists way back when, particularly in school, they were great to team up with in debates.

I do agree with the separate accounts if you get married, it can save a lot of headaches.

Robtard
Which errors are those? They were all factually correct.

I don't waste my time convincing people anything. It's up to you to convince yourself. I think you need to stop peeing sitting down. Just because someone doesn't kiss the ass of females the way you do, doesn't mean they hate anything. I've discussed many issues about many groups of people here, please.

What have you done positive for any groups lately?

The rants and blanket generalizations you threw out over the last several pages. Just saying "fact" at the end, doesn't make it so.

Now a personal attack coupled with outright lies in hopes to deflect that you clearly showed you have some grudge against women in the last several pages. Clever.

What would that matter here? It wouldn't.

Tha C-Master
The rants and blanket generalizations you threw out over the last several pages. Just saying "fact" at the end, doesn't make it so.

Now a personal attack in hopes to deflect that you clearly showed you have some grudge against women in the last several pages. Clever.

What would that matter here? It wouldn't. I guess I learn from you about the personal attacks, since you did it first. I've posted numerous things that were true. You got into a fit when I actually agreed with what you said (mostly). Just like the lousy attempt at trolling done at the beginning of the thread.

Yes it would, because I know you haven't done anything, like most complainers. I am simply saying everything should be equal, it never will completely of course, but progress would be nice.

No need to deflect anything. It's clear your women run the show. I've made it quite clear I have don't care for with the society in America when it comes to this and other westernized countries and the behaviors of the system there, and how many women act in countries like America with the double standards and things like the Vawa act, and how they should get special rights that men don't. Has nothing to do with all women in all places, because it doesn't happen in "all places" systems like the US allow it. Just women in general in places like this. I made no secret about it. You stretching something I blatantly said to try and "expose" me is really a waste of time, if you ask me I'll tell you straight out.

Do you believe that men get generally screwed in divorces? That's more important than this circular nonsense.

YankeeWhaler
C Master: Agree with the misandry post. You are one of the very few people I have seen use it in print.

More speficly though I would say ivory misandry is what is really going on. Seems to be the only acceptable form of disdain and hate that is acceptable. Most be a great motivator for folks to change their lives in some fashion but is the ultimate bogus boogeyman that just does not exist. I guess it is the BIG LIE, you say in often it enough and people will believe it to be true.

Tha C-Master
C Master: Agree with the misandry post. You are one of the very few people I have seen use it in print.

More speficly though I would say ivory misandry is what is really going on. Seems to be the only acceptable form of disdain and hate that is acceptable. Most be a great motivator for folks to change their lives in some fashion but is the ultimate bogus boogeyman that just does not exist. I guess it is the BIG LIE, you say in often it enough and people will believe it to be true. Few people probably know what it is. And it would be wrong to accuse someone of that. But it is ok to use misogny every five seconds.

Hell look at tv. Look how men are portrayed like idiots and the women are shown as brilliant. Look at commercials where men get thrown out of vehicles and can't hold a mop. If it were the other way around it would be an outrage.

Look at shows like the view, Oprah, and other shows where the theme is how useless men are, how wrong they are, how they are deadbeats.

If a show was like this against women, people would be writing letters and throwing fits. The only show (which was on radio) which was from a male perspective was the Tom Leykis show, which used to be on and will be back. It's obvious where the bias lies.

Robtard
I guess I learn from you about the personal attacks, since you did it first. I've posted numerous things that were true. Just like the lousy attempt at trolling done at the beginning of the thread.

Yes it would, because I know you haven't done anything, like most complainers. I am simply saying everything should be equal, it never will completely of course, but progress would be nice.

No need to deflect anything. It's clear your women run the show. I've made it quite clear I have don't care for with the society in America when it comes to this and other westernized countries and the behaviors of the system there, and how many women act in countries like America with the double standards and things like the Vawa act. Has nothing to do with all women in all places. Just women in general in places like this. I made no secret about it. You stretching something I blatantly said to try and "expose" me is really a waste of time, if you ask me I'll tell you straight out.

Do you believe that men get generally screwed in divorces? That's more important than this circular nonsense.

Nope. You ranted and used "fact" a lot, yet didn't bother to support the majority of the time.

There is a complainer in here; it's you. Your posts were not about being equal. I'm the one that said it should be equal and the way to do this is settle divorces on a case to case basis as the dynamics of marriages vary greatly. You threw out blanket generalizations and rants about "women divorcing to take the money", "men get screwed" and "give a rat's ass about the dynamics."

There's no need to stretch anything, your grudge against women posts speak for themselves.

It's possible, there are some issues that prefer women which I don't agree with, such as child custody. ie why I'm for the case to case basis.

Tha C-Master
Nope. You ranted and used "fact" a lot, yet didn't bother to support the majority of the time.

There is a complainer in here; it's you. Your posts were not about being equal. I'm the one that said it should be equal and the way to do this is settle divorces on a case to case basis as the dynamics of marriages vary greatly. You threw out blanket generalizations and rants about "women divorcing to take the money."

There's no need to stretch anything, your grudge against women posts speak for themselves.

It's possible, there are some issues that prefer women which I don't agree with, such as child custody. ie why I'm for the case to case basis. Sure I did.

You're complaining. I did say they should be treated equally from the first page. I agreed with most of your post but that part, and you threw a fit. Women do divorce and take money most of the time, which is true.

No it isn't. I have a problem with hypocritical people (women and men actually seeing as I'm talking to you) in westernized (or any) society that allow this continue. Stupidity knows no race, gender, or economic level. In fact I agreed somewhat with the chick who posted. I also noticed you never named anything positive you did. You're just a complainer who sits in the back and accuses others of things and you do nothing yourself.

They either do or don't. Take a side and stop dancing around it. This is the general discussion forum and we're talking about millions of people. People need to plan and if they don't they are dumb considering the divorce rate in these countries which are well over 50%. Anybody who has assets to protect (like myself) would go to all extremes to keep my assets protected. Which only makes sense.

Robtard
Sure I did.

You're complaining. I did say they should be treated equally from the first page. I agreed with most of your post but that part, and you threw a fit. Women do divorce and take money most of the time, which is true.

No it isn't. I have a problem with hypocritical people (women and men actually seeing as I'm talking to you) in westernized (or any) society that allow this continue. Stupidity knows no race, gender, or economic level. In fact I agreed somewhat with the chick who posted.

I also noticed you never named anything positive you did. You're just a complainer who sits in the back and accuses others of things and you do nothing yourself.

They either do or don't. Take a side and stop dancing around it. This is the general discussion forum and we're talking about millions of people.

Indeed, you did.

Awww, a "no you!" reply, cute. Care to support that claim of "most of the time"? At least you stopped posting "fact" after each statement.

Again, are you trying to convince me or yourself that you don't have some grudge against women?

So I should post an arbitrary laundry list of supposed "good actions" as you did? Again, for what purpose would it serve here? You're just ranting again.

Life isn't black and white. No, I won't play by your set of defined forum rules. Divorces should be on a case to case basis, they shouldn't be a cookie-cutter. Not "men this or women that", as you want to think. Obviously you think men get screwed more in divorces, can you support this?

alltoomany
Hello once again guys. This was a highly debated topic in another thread, so I will debate it here. I'm well aware of the types that post here and their beliefs, but I don't really care.

How do people here feel about gender relations, roles, and equality? I believe in everything being 50/50, some believe in roles, and others (i.e most) believe it should be "equal" to a woman plus extra benefits. Not only in terms of relationships, but law and everything else.

What do you think? Discuss, post, blah blah blah.

Men and Women are different. Nothing is Ever equal

YankeeWhaler
I would take most of what goes on with humans with a huge grain of salt. Look at our medical system and see how barbaric it was until the last 150 years. Much is the same with human behavior, most people just ape each other without looking at all sides of the issue.

Seems to be whatever my mon or dad or family says about the world I won't second guess it, its true. There is always a grain of truth in it, at the same time all can see things from a different angle. All this C Master bashing is basicly saying I can't ever see things from you angle, therefore you are wrong. My way or the highway. That is being a tard.

Tha C-Master
Indeed, you did.

Awww, a "no you!" reply, cute. Care to support that claim? At least you stopped posting "fact" after each statement.

Again, are you trying to convince me or yourself that you don't have some grudge against women?

So I should post an arbitrary laundry list of supposed "good actions" as you did? Again, for what purpose would it serve here? You're just ranting again.

Life isn't black and white. No, I won't play by your set of defined forum rules. Divorces should be on a case to case basis, they shouldn't be a cookie-cutter. Not "men this or women that", as you want to think. Obviously you think men get screwed more in divorces, can you support this? So nothing but a weak deflection.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself you don't pee sitting down? Just admit your woman (if you have one) runs the show. Stop using shaming tactics when you can't prove a point, are you a chick?

Coming from someone who is trying bring up me and women, as a red herring. If you don't like them don't commit them.

Yes and they should be planned, women generally get the most money, they get the kids, the house, and support. Why should an adult get support from someone they aren't with/ Not to mention many won't marry and will simply cohabitate to keep getting money.

As I seem to think? You mean I think facts. Women initiate the most divorces, take the most money, and get the kids most of the time. Those are facts.

How do men get screwed? The fact they lose the kids, lose their money, lose their assets, and pay to a woman they aren't with. Even if that woman cheated. Hence my whole point that marriage doesn't benefit *men*.

Men can have sex, kids, live together, be loved etc and all of those other things without being married, they can live the same life without having to give up any money or assets and only have to pay child support if he has kids and gets them. This is why marriage benefits women, because if they were only boyfriend and girlfriend she wouldn't get any property she didn't earn or any alimony. Since men make most money in most relationships and most courts favor women here, this is why men *shouldn't* get married in this day and age. Even with a prenup, as that can be overturned and you still pay out a certain amount or else it won't hold up.

This is why marriage is appealing to women and prenups aren't. Don't be naive.Originally posted by YankeeWhaler
I would take most of what goes on with humans with a huge grain of salt. Look at our medical system and see how barbaric it was until the last 150 years. Much is the same with human behavior, most people just ape each other without looking at all sides of the issue.

Seems to be whatever my mon or dad or family says about the world I won't second guess it, its true. There is always a grain of truth in it, at the same time all can see things from a different angle. All this C Master bashing is basicly saying I can't ever see things from you angle, therefore you are wrong. My way or the highway. That is being a tard. Of course they bash, it's ok to disagree but it shows they don't have a point. Nothing new. This is why I think people should live in their own places and do their own things.

Robtard
So nothing but a weak deflection.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself you don't pee sitting down? Just admit your woman (if you have one) runs the show. Stop using shaming tactics when you can't prove a point, are you a chick?

Coming from someone who is trying bring up me and women, as a red herring. If you don't like them don't commit them.

Yes and they should be planned, women generally get the most money, they get the kids, the house, and support. Why should an adult get support from someone they aren't with/ Not to mention many won't marry and will simply cohabitate to keep getting money.

As I seem to think? You mean I think facts. Women initiate the most divorces, take the most money, and get the kids most of the time. Those are facts.

How do men get screwed? The fact they lose the kids, lose their money, lose their assets, and pay to a woman they aren't with. Even if that woman cheated. Hence my whole point that marriage doesn't benefit *men*.

Men can have sex, kids, live together, be loved etc and all of those other things without being married, they can live the same life without having to give up any money or assets and only have to pay child support if he has kids and gets them. This is why marriage benefits women, because if they were only boyfriend and girlfriend she wouldn't get any property she didn't earn or any alimony. Since men make most money in most relationships and most courts favor women here, this is why men *shouldn't* get married in this day and age. Even with a prenup, as that can be overturned and you still pay out a certain amount or else it won't hold up.

This is why marriage is appealing to women and prenups aren't. Don't be naive. Of course they bash, it's ok to disagree but it shows they don't have a point. Nothing new. This is why I think people should live in their own places and do their own things.

So again, nothing to support these "facts"? Figures.

Robtard
Few people probably know what it is. And it would be wrong to accuse someone of that. But it is ok to use misogny every five seconds.

Hell look at tv. Look how men are portrayed like idiots and the women are shown as brilliant. Look at commercials where men get thrown out of vehicles and can't hold a mop. If it were the other way around it would be an outrage.

Look at shows like the view, Oprah, and other shows where the theme is how useless men are, how wrong they are, how they are deadbeats.

If a show was like this against women, people would be writing letters and throwing fits. The only show (which was on radio) which was from a male perspective was the Tom Leykis show, which used to be on and will be back. It's obvious where the bias lies.

Complain much?

Victim role much?

Grudge against women much?

Though I've seen your type before, puts on a good show about being some Alpha-male, but behind the show, you're just a milquetoast; nothing more. "Yes dear, anything you say." Does explain your grudge against women; no, I still don't care enough to talk to you about it.

Tha C-Master
Complain much?

Victim role much?

Grudge against women much?

Though I've seen your type before, puts on a good show about being some Alpha-male, but behind the show, you're just a milquetoast; nothing more. "Yes dear, anything you say." Does explain your grudge against women; no, I still don't care enough to talk to you about it.

Nope I tell the truth much. Glad you ignored my points for more bashing.

I don't need to put on a show about anything. I love my life, and I wouldn't trade it for anybodys. I'm not handing over money to any chick, men who do so are stupid. None are going to live in my place and try to run me either. I have more sense than that, and I tell men (especially young men) to focus on their goals and not focus on the chicks, because once you have success you can have anything you want. I do what I want, when I want, and how I want. I have my own success and I keep myself up. No broad complaining and no kid crying that I have to worry about. Don't have to worry about a job or anything, my money works for me. You know why because I didn't give up my dreams for anything stupid, chick or otherwise. I didn't knock up some chick, or stay around and smoke pot. Of course haters like you who have nothing come on and believe I owe the world something for earning my success I don't. My own company and investments, and I'm looking at buying cheap housing and renting it out soon. Several people on here who I know in real life and otherwise can verify this quite easily.

Men like you are raised by single mothers and probably pee sitting down and you need a woman to tell you to do everything so you run from relationship to relationship and let chicks move in because you don't have the game to get laid without doing it. I know your type all to well. Being a mangina to get laid. Please.

RE: Blaxican
Good god, this thread is a travesty.

So. Much. Kneejerking.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Good god, this thread is a travesty.

So. Much. Kneejerking. Tis KMC after all.

RE: Blaxican
Tis KMC after all. True, true. Meh.

Robtard
Nope I tell the truth much. Glad you ignored my points for more bashing.

I don't need to put on a show about anything. I love my life, and I wouldn't trade it for anybodys. I'm not handing over money to any chick, men who do so are stupid. None are going to live in my place and try to run me either. I have more sense than that, and I tell men (especially young men) to focus on their goals and not focus on the chicks, because once you have success you can have anything you want. I do what I want, when I want, and how I want. I have my own success and I keep myself up. No broad complaining and no kid crying that I have to worry about. Don't have to worry about a job or anything, my money works for me. You know why because I didn't give up my dreams for anything stupid, chick or otherwise. I didn't knock up some chick, or stay around and smoke pot. Of course haters like you who have nothing come on and believe I owe the world something for earning my success I don't. My own company and investments, and I'm looking at buying cheap housing and renting it out soon. Several people on here who I know in real life and otherwise can verify this quite easily.

Men like you are raised by single mothers and probably pee sitting down and you need a woman to tell you to do everything so you run from relationship to relationship and let chicks move in because you don't have the game to get laid without doing it. I know your type all to well. Being a mangina to get laid. Please.

Your points where to play the victim, complain about Oprah and mop commercials being unfair to men and to further demonstrate your grudge against women. I clearly didn't ignore any of your "points".

Must you really try and validate yourself so pathetically each time? We get it, you're uber-awesome and are out to help the world and your dreams and money worked for you. Check and check and check. This thread isn't about you, as much as you try to make it so.

"Mangina" again. Brilliant.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
True, true. Meh. I keep telling myself to get off of this site, but I always read something I disagree with and being outspoken I have to post.

I generally come and go though, I'll probably be absent for a while once I've had my fill of posting overall.

I'm not sure which is worse, arguing stuff like this or people getting mad over comic book stuff? Can't decide.

Tha C-Master
Your points where to play the victim, complain about Oprah and mop commercials being unfair to men and to further demonstrate your grudge against women. I clearly didn't ignore any of your "points".

Must you really try and validate yourself so pathetically each time? We get it, you're uber-awesome and are out to help the world and your dreams and money worked for you. Check and check.

"Mangina" again. Brilliant. Yes you actually did. You don't answer questions either. I was responding to something he said. How was I playing the victim? I haven't been divorced. I was however pointing the inequities in society (which is the thread topic btw, you should try it sometime). If it were a woman saying this you'd be all for it. I mention an inequality against men and it's a "grudge towards women" lol. Gotta love it. Just because you like fat, short haircut, bitchy broads you find here doesn't mean we all have to kid. I like hot women who know what a skillet is, kthx.

What do men gain from being married that they don't otherwise?

I'm glad you realize that. No need to validate anything, you can look into it or not, I don't care. You tried to pull your "you're just some loser online blah blah blah." And it didn't work, because it isn't true. Lol. You need to work on your red herrings. God it feels good being this awesome. cool Hehe.

Brilliant because it's so true. wink

dadudemon
I want to see a bit more equality in the abortion and divorce process. So do feminists.

If a woman wants to take the role as house cleaner, babysitter, and food maker, I'm okay with that. I wouldn't expect her to do it if she worked, however. I'm also okay with the exact opposite: man stays at home while the woman works.

Our modern world can do this for us and it's great. smile

Robtard
Yes you actually did. You don't answer questions either. I was responding to something he said. How was I playing the victim? I haven't been divorced. I was however pointing the inequities in society (which is the thread topic btw, you should try it sometime). If it were a woman saying this you'd be all for it.

I mention an equality against men and it's a "grudge towards women" lol. Gotta love it. Just because you like fat, short haircut, bitchy broads you find here doesn't mean we all have to kid. I like hot women who know what a skillet is, kthx.

What do men gain from being married that they don't otherwise?

I'm glad you realize that. No need to validate anything, you can look into it or not, I don't care. You tried to pull your "you're just some loser online blah blah blah." And it didn't work, because it isn't true. Lol. You need to work on your red herrings. God it feels good being this awesome. cool Hehe.

Brilliant because it's so true. wink

I've answered your questions with the exception of the "what good acts have you done", cos it's irrelevant here. You just didn't like the answers I gave, probably cos they punched holes in your rants and blanket generalizations.

More rants. You go get them hot skillet women, boy.

I can't speak for other men. Again, blanket generalizations are your thing.

Again, trying to convince me or yourself of your shortcomings?

Yeah, must be just that.

AbnormalButSane
Well this happens in westernized countries like US, UK, Austrailia, and Canada. This is why (especially in America) you see many women that are so overweight. They know once they get the name signed they can do what they want so they don't have the incentive to keep the weight down or put out.

And before someone jumps on me it is a statistical fact that women gain weight after marriage and even more weight after kids. Of course they do. When they are married and have kids they get more money than if they were single and trying to get a guy. This is also why they lose the weight after they divorce.

I think men and women should speak to each other about expectations in a marriage. Men are visual and sexual attraction is critical to them. It's no different than a man who didn't want to work, she'd leave him too. These should be discussed up front.

The weight gain would have nothing to do with the fact that most women don't have time or money to hit the gym when they've got to take care of a child as well as hold down a full time job, or the fact that it could be from emotional trauma from ousting something out of one's vagina.

Nope, it's because we know we already got that paper.

Tha C-Master
I've answered your questions with the exception of the "what good acts have you done", cos it's irrelevant here. You just didn't like the answers I gave, probably cos they punched holes in your rants and blanket generalizations.

More rants. You go get them hot skillet women, boy.

I can't speak for other men. Again, blanket generalizations are your thing.

Again, trying to convince me or yourself of your shortcomings?

Yeah, must be just that. You have not answered many of my questions you danced and insulted. What benefit do men have in getting married in this society that they don't get otherwise?

More truth. I prefer women from other countries. If you like them large and in charge you are more than welcome to that. smile

Yes you can. What benefit do men get? They can do all of the same things they could getting married without paying money so none.

I'm convincing you of your shortcomings, projecting your failure at life on me won't help the issue. I'm satisfied with myself and am constantly improving.

Lol, you're funny. This is actually kind of fun. stick out tongue

Originally posted by dadudemon
I want to see a bit more equality in the abortion and divorce process. So do feminists.

If a woman wants to take the role as house cleaner, babysitter, and food maker, I'm okay with that. I wouldn't expect her to do it if she worked, however. I'm also okay with the exact opposite: man stays at home while the woman works.

Our modern world can do this for us and it's great. smile I agree.

Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
The weight gain would have nothing to do with the fact that most women don't have time or money to hit the gym when they've got to take care of a child as well as hold down a full time job, or the fact that it could be from emotional trauma from ousting something out of one's vagina.

Really? Women from other countries do it just fine. I'm sure it's just coincidence though about the obesity here right? I mean other countries don't have the divorce laws here and they also have mistresses. More pressure for women to stay fit, because if they don't their men go elsewhere.
It's statistically proven fact women put on weight in long term relationships and marriage and lose it afterwards. What's the food that causes women to gain the most weight?

Wedding cake.

-Pr-
There is a lot of inequality which their shouldn't be. Some women still don't get paid for doing the same amount of work. Some men get shafted for alimony they really shouldn't be paying. As naive as it seems, things SHOULD be fair, but I don't see that happening.

Some men still treat women like shit. Some women believe that, as a man, if you don't have a fancy car and a nice house that you aren't worth crap.

Also, call me old fashioned, but marriage is still relevant imo, and if i loved someone that actualy wanted to have my baby, she can put on all the pregnancy pounds she likes as long as it's not too unhealthy.

Possibly off topic, but i don't care, mmm

Robtard
You have not answered many of my questions you danced and insulted. What benefit do men have in getting married in this society that they don't get otherwise?

More truth. I prefer women from other countries. If you like them large and in charge you are more than welcome to that. smile

Yes you can. What benefit do men get? They can do all of the same things they could getting married without paying money so none.

I'm convincing you of your shortcomings, projecting your failure at life on me won't help the issue. I'm satisfied with myself and am constantly improving.

Lol, you're funny. This is actually kind of fun. stick out tongue

For one, tax breaks in most states.

Awesome. You go get those women.

No, not really, as I can't speak for every man and why they got married, besides the tax breaks. You can continue to claim that only women benefit from marriage, yet refuse to show any proof other than rants.

Yes, cos I'm the one that every other post goes on a diatribe about how awesome they are and all the great things they plan to do. (that was sarcasm again)

Weee.....

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by -Pr-
There is a lot of inequality which their shouldn't be. Some women still don't get paid for doing the same amount of work. Some men get shafted for alimony they really shouldn't be paying. As naive as it seems, things SHOULD be fair, but I don't see that happening.

Some men still treat women like shit. Some women believe that, as a man, if you don't have a fancy car and a nice house that you aren't worth crap.

Also, call me old fashioned, but marriage is still relevant imo, and if i loved someone that actualy wanted to have my baby, she can put on all the pregnancy pounds she likes as long as it's not too unhealthy.

Possibly off topic, but i don't care, mmm Just hope you find a good one.

In the US and other developed countries many often receive more pay though, that myth was debunked.Originally posted by Robtard
For one, tax breaks in most states.

Awesome. You go get those women.

No, not really, as I can't speak for every man and why they got married, besides the tax breaks. You can continue to claim that only women benefit from marriage, yet refuse to show any proof other than rants.

Yes, cos I'm the one that every other post goes on a diatribe about how awesome they are and all the great things they plan to do. (that was sarcasm again)

Weee.....

The costs of marriage outweigh the tax breaks because of the added expense that men have to pay, especially when it is over. So no. It's a statistic that a man's lifestyle improves after a divorce because he has to support himself primarily (even if he is paying out) two don't live cheaply as one because men pay the most expenses. No different than people having kids think that the tax break offsets the cost, it obviously doesn't. At least you answered my question. Even if I disagree. A man is better having his own place and keeping his own assets.

Sure I have. Stats and everything.

Not really, just posting in response to your lousy shaming tactics with no substance. I don't just plan I actually accomplish. wink

And btw, I don't take these seriously. I'm just posting to kill time, seen too many of these to bother me in the least. I'm sure you're an *ok* person for the most part. stick out tongue

jalek moye

Same. To me marriage is relevant for the emotional/romantic aspect. While a lot of laws and other stuff about it can be messed up etc it still has a place to me.

StyleTime
Really? Women from other countries do it just fine. I'm sure it's just coincidence though about the obesity here right? I mean other countries don't have the divorce laws here and they also have mistresses. More pressure for women to stay fit, because if they don't their men go elsewhere.
It's statistically proven fact women put on weight in long term relationships and marriage and lose it afterwards. What's the food that causes women to gain the most weight?
I remember seeing that study a while back. I think it was both men and women though.

Some couples like to keep all sexy and fit, but married people are just fatter than single people generally.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by jalek moye
Same. To me marriage is relevant for the emotional/romantic aspect. While a lot of laws and other stuff about it can be messed up etc it still has a place to me. I have nothing against being with one person if a man chooses to do so. It's just that signing that document to give over your wealth is unnecessary. Which is what you're doing. Signing a document that is approved by the secretary of state (thereby forming a corporation) isn't needed anymore for men. Both genders can work and do their own thing now.Originally posted by StyleTime
I remember seeing that study a while back. I think it was both men and women though.

Some couples like to keep all sexy and fit, but married people are just fatter than single people generally. Well men lose weight at first and gain it later.

The thing is men don't "hide" it, they just gain it, and it isn't what women care for. The man generally pays the bills and he expects his woman to look good in return.

Women care more about a man who stops working or can't keep a job.

Try it. Go to your woman one day and say, "You know what, I don't want to work anymore. It's not about money though right, it's about love."

See how she reacts.

Omega Vision
C-Master sounds whipped.

YankeeWhaler
I mention an inequality against men and it's a "grudge towards women" lol. Gotta love it. Just because you like fat, short haircut, bitchy broads you find here doesn't mean we all have to kid.

Some of those women have long hair but pull it up to make it short. I digress.

It does make me wonder about the inequaltity reason against women though. Is this a double standard that when there is inequality against women we should all stand up and say yeah, state it sister.

But when pointing out inequality against men, its well who cares they have been charge of society forever so boo hoo, get over it.

It's Chrissy Hyndes said a few years ago..

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Omega Vision
C-Master sounds whipped. No woman stays with me and I damn sure don't pay for them. I guess I need to learn from real men who foolishly pay for sex, and let chicks take their money. Lol.

I mention an inequality against men and it's a "grudge towards women" lol. Gotta love it. Just because you like fat, short haircut, bitchy broads you find here doesn't mean we all have to kid.

Some of those women have long hair but pull it up to make it short. I digress.

It does make me wonder about the inequaltity reason against women though. Is this a double standard that when there is inequality against women we should all stand up and say yeah, state it sister.

But when pointing out inequality against men, its well who cares they have been charge of society forever so boo hoo, get over it.

It's Chrissy Hyndes said a few years ago.. It's double standards about double standards. I want things to be fair and some are outright saying equality is wrong, and it should be biased towards women.

At least they're consistent in their own way.

Omega Vision
Clearly. Although no woman stays with me and I damn sure don't pay for them. I guess I'm whipping myself or something. As weird as that sounds.

It's double standards about double standards. I want things to be fair and some are outright saying equality is wrong, and it should be biased towards women.

At least they're consistent in their own way.
You just sound like you have a really maligned view of women in general.

I don't know if I'd call you a misogynist...but yeah...

Tha C-Master

I don't know if I'd call you a misogynist...but yeah... Really? I feel I have an honest view about the honest truth that many men (whipped and otherwise) don't want to face.

My opinion on women in the westernized countries (in general) is not as high as women from other parts of the world because I've been out and seen different things. I also have something to compare it to. Most guys don't because they've seen one things their whole lives and don't wake up until later. So people need to keep in mind I'm not talking about women in other countries except for westernized ones.

But hey what can I say? And no, I have a problem with dumb, immoral, and irresponsible people of any gender, creed, or group. I've made that very clear. Many people in western society fit the description I just put out. Every thing I said is statistically proven and factual as well. People not liking the facts has no bearing on me, but on them.

Symmetric Chaos

I don't know if I'd call you a misogynist...but yeah...

I'd call him developmentally delayed. Still in the cooties phase but now he uses grown up words.

Tha C-Master
I'd call him developmentally delayed. Still in the cooties phase but now he uses grown up words. I'd call you behind the times and in denial. I'm definitely ahead.

Men, feel free to have fun, bang or do whatever, just watch what you do with whatever chick you're with. Focus on your future and have families when you're ready and know the person.

Nothing wrong with what I just said. Good for both parties.

YankeeWhaler
"Women care more about a man who stops working or can't keep a job.

Try it. Go to your woman one day and say, "You know what, I don't want to work anymore. It's not about money though right, it's about love."

See how she reacts."

Yeah I know from experience that does know go over to well. Even when I had a short term health problem, it was an issue.

YankeeWhaler
Sorry does not go over to well.

Tha C-Master

See how she reacts."

Yeah I know from experience that does know go over to well. Even when I had a short term health problem, it was an issue. Proves my point. Men and women care about different things, and always will to some extent.

Btw you can hit the quote button on the bottom right of the page.

YankeeWhaler
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane

Pregnancy does cause a bit of hormonal disruption no question about it. In the USA though, most people are not smart with the food choices.
Junk food appears to be the rule. Not so sure about some people even they are even aware of what nutritious food is.

King Kandy

See how she reacts."

Yeah I know from experience that does know go over to well. Even when I had a short term health problem, it was an issue.
Worked for John Lennon.

Tha C-Master
Lol.Originally posted by YankeeWhaler
Pregnancy does cause a bit of hormonal disruption no question about it. In the USA though, most people are not smart with the food choices.
Junk food appears to be the rule. Not so sure about some people even they are even aware of what nutritious food is. Another fact people don't realize is that healthy food is cheaper than unhealthy food.

Many try to argue otherwise.

inimalist
c master is proof the Internet not only brings people from different nations together, but in fact, people from different parallel universes too

YankeeWhaler
Tom Leykis show, which used to be on and will be back. It's obvious where the bias lies.

I like Tom Leykis, but always wondered if his vice is 3 somes. His topics seemed to point towards getting married people taling about getting into 3 somes and group sex. He did seem genuinely shocked that married people would do this and would often to say why get married then?

A bit of a Springer on the radio as far as stirring things up.

But yeah that would be weird being married and seeing your spouse doing someone else and then going home afterwards for the rest of the week.

Not so sure most people could control the emotions over that. I mean if one party seems to enjoy that more than they do with there regular partner, it seems the envy bug would erupt big time.

YankeeWhaler
Worked for John Lennon.

Yeah but he was getting a millions a week in royalties.

Tha C-Master
c master is proof the Internet not only brings people from different nations together, but in fact, people from different parallel universes too Thanks. So many people have made wondrous contributions.

Oh and my viewpoint isn't as uncommon as you think. Many men feel this way in America and most are speaking out about it.

Not only that but men AND women in other countries feel this way about westernized women. They're actually the least desired in the world. Survey shows. wink

YankeeWhaler
Lol. Another fact people don't realize is that healthy food is cheaper than unhealthy food.

True when you factor in the costs of medicines you have to take for eating junk foods and being unfit, it is cheaper to eat healthy food.

Tha C-Master
Tom Leykis show, which used to be on and will be back. It's obvious where the bias lies.

I like Tom Leykis, but always wondered if his vice is 3 somes. His topics seemed to point towards getting married people taling about getting into 3 somes and group sex. He did seem genuinely shocked that married people would do this and would often to say why get married then?

But yeah that would be weird being married and seeing your spouse doing someone else and then going home afterwards for the rest of the week.

Not so sure most people could control the emotions over that. I mean if one party seems to enjoy that more than they do with there regular partner, it seems the envy bug would erupt big time. He actually disagreed with that and thought it was pointless to be married and then engage in that.

But yea, he was entertaining and had good points.
Yeah but he was getting a millions a week in royalties. Who was more whipped than him?

Tha C-Master
True when you factor in the costs of medicines you have to take for eating junk foods and being unfit, it is cheaper to eat healthy food.

Well many of the healthiest foods are cheap. Beans, rice, corn, peanut butter, water, etc.

Very very cheap and healthy, meat from supermarkets are much cheaper than junk food or food at fast food joints. You save a lot in the long run. I've actually stopped eating out for quite some time now. I love cooking my own food and it's healthy and fast. I can adjust my died for my exercise schedule (I do intense working out and bodysculpting with MA).

inimalist
Thanks. So many people have made wondrous contributions.

Oh and my viewpoint isn't as uncommon as you think. Many men feel this way in America and most are speaking out about it.

Not only that but men AND women in other countries feel this way about westernized women. They're actually the least desired in the world. Survey shows. wink

I didn't realize you were involved in serious gender research in various nations!!!

where can I find your publications?

-Pr-
Lol. Another fact people don't realize is that healthy food is cheaper than unhealthy food.

it's not in all countries. in ireland for instance.

YankeeWhaler

Not so sure most people could control the emotions over that. I mean if one party seems to enjoy that more than they do with there regular partner, it seems the envy bug would erupt big time. He actually disagreed with that and thought it was pointless to be married and then engage in that.

But yea, he was entertaining and had good points.
Who was more whipped than him?

Johnny L was the ultimate crazy as a fox if there ever was one.

Without McCartney and Epstein, he never would have made it.

Tha C-Master
I didn't realize you were involved in serious gender research in various nations!!!

where can I find your publications? Nah, you can just do a search. There actually many threads here about "roles" and how women in other countries feel that they have theirs and men have theirs.

Which is why I said women from other countries are like traditional women here from generations ago. It's quite an eye opener.

Symmetric Chaos
I'd call you behind the times and in denial.

And you'd really mean it, that's part of what makes you so cute.

-Pr-
In the US and other developed countries many often receive more pay though, that myth was debunked.

in what fields?

Tha C-Master
You're far cuter than me.

Will things ever be "equal" completely? No. But they can progress, which is my point. Seems some have a problem with that, or they just like arguing in general. This is KMC after all.

it's not in all countries. in ireland for instance. Hmm even in really poor countries rice and beans are staples.

Don't you guys grow potatoes there more because of the climate? Is buying rice more expensive than eating out? Really?Originally posted by YankeeWhaler
He actually disagreed with that and thought it was pointless to be married and then engage in that.

Johnny L was the ultimate crazy as a fox if there ever was one.

Without McCartney and Epstein, he never would have made it. I suppose.

YankeeWhaler
Worked for John Lennon.

Yoko was a gold digger, she stalked all of the Beatles to get their attention. The rest of them ignored her. If John was not some sort of lost druggie who thought he was so prententious and thought his work was actually art, he would have done the same.

She played him like a fiddle.

inimalist
Nah, you can just do a search. There actually many threads here about "roles" and how women in other countries feel that they have theirs and men have theirs.

Which is why I said women from other countries are like traditional women here from generations ago. It's quite an eye opener.

oh, well, maybe I'll trust the scholars over some anecdotal opinion on the Internet

don't take it personal

Tha C-Master
in what fields? Read the book by Dr. Warren Farrel, a founder of the National Organization for Women. It's called, Why Men Earn More.

Long story short men work longer hours, take riskier higher paying jobs, take more dangerous jobs, and are more willing to travel, while women generally take safer jobs, work less hours, and leave the workforce more often, since their focus is family. Good book. wink

YankeeWhaler
Has a neighbor went to school got college degree but decided to stay home and raise kids instead. Lots of folks were upset with her.

But hey it was her choice and I support, lots of women though wig out about that.

-Pr-
You're far cuter than me.

Will things ever be "equal" completely? No. But they can progress, which is my point. Seems some have a problem with that, or they just like arguing in general. This is KMC after all.

Hmm even in really poor countries rice and beans are staples.

Don't you guys grow potatoes there more because of the climate? Is buying rice more expensive than eating out? Really? I suppose.

who said anything about eating out? i can go to lidl, dunnes or tesco (supermarket chains) over here and buy a microwaveable meal that feeds four for a fraction of the price that it would cost me to buy organic foods.

and while yes, irish farmers do grow potatoes (and many other vegetables), it's not nearly enough or cheap enough. plus, for most families, a "staple" isnt a meal. you cant just eat potatoes. even rice goes with meat and the like.

YankeeWhaler
Read the book by Dr. Warren Farrel, a founder of the National Organization for Women. It's called, Why Men Earn More.

Long story short men work longer hours, take riskier higher paying jobs, take more dangerous jobs, and are more willing to travel, while women generally take safer jobs, work less hours, and leave the workforce more often, since their focus is family. Good book. wink

Is mostly the more hours on the job, that makes the difference, otherwise compartively speaking the difference is not that great.

Tha C-Master
oh, well, maybe I'll trust the scholars over some anecdotal opinion on the Internet

don't take it personal About culture and roles? Tons of resources on it, or you could go travel. I trust experiencing something more than always reading it. Although reading doesn't hurt. It's the opinion of men and women in general from other countries, so what one person says, no matter their field of study won't hold more weight than the actual real world daily evidence. Anybody can say they practice a field of study nowadays anyways.

Do you really believe that most countries hold the US opinion about genders? Really?

inimalist
About culture and roles? Tons of resources on it, or you could go travel. I trust experiencing something more than always reading it. Although reading doesn't hurt. It's the opinion of men and women in general from other countries, so what one person says, no matter their field of study won't hold more weight than the actual real world daily evidence. Anybody can say they practice a field of study nowadays anyways.

Do you really believe that most countries hold the US opinion about genders? Really?

right, that is exactly what I said

Tha C-Master
who said anything about eating out? i can go to lidl, dunnes or tesco (supermarket chains) over here and buy a microwaveable meal that feeds four for a fraction of the price that it would cost me to buy organic foods.

and while yes, irish farmers do grow potatoes (and many other vegetables), it's not nearly enough or cheap enough. plus, for most families, a "staple" isnt a meal. you cant just eat potatoes. even rice goes with meat and the like.

Right, now organic foods are expensive, you don't need those to eat healthy. Healthier foods like rice and beans are mass produced.

The cost of a potato in unit weight to a french fry at McDonalds is different in a scale of hundreds of times. You also have peanut butter. Cheap, good source of antioxidants, potassium, and protein.

I don't know your exact living costs, but they all scale up if the foods you are buying microwaved come from the basic foods you guy from the store.

Tha C-Master
right, that is exactly what I said On which part? The last part? Developed more westernized countries like US, Canada, UK, and Australia, sure. But many, many countries aren't like that, not at all. Many of those places have different feelings about skin color too.

-Pr-
Right, now organic foods are expensive, you don't need those to eat healthy. Healthier foods like rice and beans are mass produced.

The cost of a potato in unit weight to a french fry at McDonalds is different in a scale of hundreds of times. You also have peanut butter. Cheap, good source of antioxidants, potassium, and protein.

I don't know your exact living costs, but they all scale up if the foods you are buying microwaved come from the basic foods you guy from the store.

Almost nobody in ireland sells peanut-butter. stick out tongue

Even so-called "healthy" foods are still more expensive, because the mass produced ones are just that much cheaper, and if you're a mother on welfare with two kids and you have to choose between eating healthy and leaving your kids with a full belly at the end of e meal, you're going to pick the latter.

i'm not saying it's right, just that for a lot of people, it simply is how it is.

King Kandy
Yeah but he was getting a millions a week in royalties.
That's why I don't think gender roles will be eliminated unless poverty is as well.

Tha C-Master
Is mostly the more hours on the job, that makes the difference, otherwise compartively speaking the difference is not that great. Also that men take the risky jobs that pay more that women generally don't. Construction vs teaching, owning a company vs being a secretary.Originally posted by -Pr-
Almost nobody in ireland sells peanut-butter. stick out tongue

Even so-called "healthy" foods are still more expensive, because the mass produced ones are just that much cheaper, and if you're a mother on welfare with two kids and you have to choose between eating healthy and leaving your kids with a full belly at the end of e meal, you're going to pick the latter.

i'm not saying it's right, just that for a lot of people, it simply is how it is.

I don't know what they sell there, but peanut butter is dirt cheap.

I don't get what you're saying bro. Rice and beans and other foods are more mass produced than just about anything.

People in America often say that. Eating a taco is cheaper than buying food. Even if one taco costs you 99 cents and a bag of potatoes costs you 3 dollars, the potatoes will feed you many times over.

So if a person buys a bunch of healthier food, they pay more in the beginning, than one cheap meal, but they can eat the healthier food for many more servings. That's actually been proven.

Hell a huge bag of rice (and I mean huge) costs $4 here and rice is a dessicant, which means it absorbs water and it swells. You can buy and eat so much rice for cheap it isn't funny. I can't think of a microwaved meal being cheaper than rice or or fast food being cheaper than rice either.

King Kandy
Eating healthier is much cheaper. Buy a huge bag of rice, cheap vegetables, and everything that lasts indefinitely, you buy in bulk then cook yourself. This adds up to way less than "mcdonalds". Most immigrant families have this figured out.

alltoomany
I love family dinners : )

-Pr-
I wasn't talking about McDonalds or any sort of "eating out". Maybe Ireland is just different, I don't know, but it's the vegetables, breads, butters and potatoes that see a rise in price because they're the foods that everyone buys.

Then you go down the frozen foods aisle, and well, it ain't pretty.

Also, how the hell did this end up on food.

Tha C-Master
Try not to buy "packaged" foods, like meals which are pre made. Buy foods that are individual like rice and potatoes and bread and cook it yourself. You'll save in the long run. Don't eat things like "lunchables" and pre made meals. Try healthy individual foods. Much better and cheaper.

Eating healthier is much cheaper. Buy a huge bag of rice, cheap vegetables, and everything that lasts indefinitely, you buy in bulk then cook yourself. This adds up to way less than "mcdonalds". Most immigrant families have this figured out. You and I agree there. smile

You're spot on. People in dirt poor countries do this, and I mean dirt poor countries. I cook all of the time while my friends eat out even though they earn much less. It costs them more and it's worse for them. This is why people who are poorer here are more likely to be fat. Because they eat more junk food.

I used to eat out every other day because of my company and travel and it was costing me hundreds a month. I now cook all of the time and it saves much more money. I don't miss eating out either. I just did for my birthday actually. smile

inimalist
Eating healthier is much cheaper. Buy a huge bag of rice, cheap vegetables, and everything that lasts indefinitely, you buy in bulk then cook yourself. This adds up to way less than "mcdonalds". Most immigrant families have this figured out.

it is a little more variable than that, especially if you include labour in terms of cost

-Pr-
Try not to buy "packaged" foods, like meals which are pre made. Buy foods that are individual like rice and potatoes and bread and cook it yourself. You'll save in the long run. Don't eat things like "lunchables" and pre made meals. Try healthy individual foods. Much better and cheaper.`

maybe its that way in america, but it's different here. or in ireland, i mean.

Tha C-Master
What does rice cost?

it is a little more variable than that, especially if you include labour in terms of cost Well then you include gas and driving time. For me I can cook in the comfort of my place and not have to worry about spending extra time or spending more in gas.

Most healthy meals can be made in about 15-20 minutes. Doesn't need to be a gourmet world class meal.

Gas here is $3.66 a gallon, I am sure it costs more where some of you live.

-Pr-
What does rice cost?

Well then you include gas and driving time. For me I can cook in the comfort of my place and not have to worry about spending extra time or spending more in gas.

Most healthy meals can be made in about 15-20 minutes. Doesn't need to be a gourmet world class meal.

Gas here is $3.66 a gallon, I am sure it costs more where some of you live.

by the sack or in packets?

Tha C-Master
The huge sacks.

Omega Vision
idk if this has been posted yet: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14721839

-Pr-
The huge sacks.

Most supermarkets over here just don't sell them, as rice isn't seen as a staple by most people. For a sack of rice you have to go to a speciality store, usually an asian market, and they can jack up the price as much as they want.

it becomes more practical and affordable to buy the 12 pack of uncle ben's rice packets than it does the sack.

Tha C-Master
It might be. You'll have to check that out and do a unit cost analysis on it. smile

idk if this has been posted yet: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14721839 Now I don't know the exact laws in the UK. But do they consider experience and education, and hours worked? Because women generally work a lot less hours, call out more, and take off to have kids.

They put up similar things here, but they don't include those important facts. Women in America actually make more per hour in many professions since they get paid the same and actually work less hours. In general.

-Pr-
It might be. You'll have to check that out and do a unit cost analysis on it. smile

Now I don't know the exact laws in the UK. But do they consider experience and education, and hours worked? Because women generallywork a lot less hours, call out more, and take off to have kids.

They put up similar things here, but they don't include those important facts. Women in America actually make more per hour in many professions since they get paid the same and actually work less hours. In general.

Or I could just assume that i'm right and be done with it. mmm

Omega Vision

Now I don't know the exact laws in the UK. But do they consider experience and education, and hours worked? Because women generally work a lot less hours, call out more, and take off to have kids.

As I recall from high school sociology class (lol I know) women and men are supposed to earn about equal but men get more and better raises and promotions.

In general. stick out tongue

-Pr-
As I recall from high school sociology class (lol I know) women and men are supposed to earn about equal but men get more and better raises and promotions.

In general. stick out tongue

Women get maternity leave, though. I want it.

Paternity leave sucks in comparison. sad

Tha C-Master
Another thing we should fight for. evil face

Or I could just assume that i'm right and be done with it. mmm Bah.

In general. stick out tongue It's ok bud.

I think it's all in the choices men and women make. Men are more career oriented and women are more family oriented it's nature. Women don't "have" to work, and not for life so they choose jobs that are safer, and more "fulfilling" but pay less. Like a school teacher.

Men take jobs that are dangerous that pay more. Like a construction worker.

Even when it's the same "job" they still leave out important facts.

Say male doctors earning more than female doctors.

Men are more likely to be surgeons, which pay more.

If men and women are surgeons, men are more likely to own a practice.

If they both own their own practice, men are more likely to own one because they want to earn more money, women generally own their own business so they can have more flexibility with their kids and family.

This is why women like real estate so much. They don't have to work straight hours back to back, they can adjust them.

Omega Vision
Another thing we should fight for. evil face

Bah.

It's ok bud.

I think it's all in the choices men and women make. Men are more career oriented and women are more family oriented it's nature. Women don't "have" to work, and not for life so they choose jobs that are safer, and more "fulfilling" but pay less. Like a school teacher.

Men take jobs that are dangerous that pay more. Like a construction worker.

Even when it's the same "job" they still leave out important facts.

Say male doctors earning more than female doctors.

Men are more likely to be surgeons, which pay more.

If men and women are surgeons, men are more likely to own a practice.

If they both own their own practice, men are more likely to own one because they want to earn more money, women generally own their own business so they can have more flexibility with their kids and family.

This is why women like real estate so much. They don't have to work straight hours back to back, they can adjust them.
I think a lot of it is that men are in charge and are going to favor men. Ergo the man gets the pay raise and the promotion.

I'm sure there's more to it than that, but to ignore the fact that men control the vast majority of upper management in virtually all industries as a factor in this is just naive at best and disingenuous at worst.

Tha C-Master
I think a lot of it is that men are in charge and are going to favor men. Ergo the man gets the pay raise and the promotion.

I'm sure there's more to it than that, but to ignore the fact that men control the vast majority of upper management in virtually all industries as a factor in this is just naive at best and disingenuous at worst. Well more women work than men, and more women go to school than men. There are many more women getting these jobs, and if a woman works like a man does, and doesn't take time off constantly, she'll get the same things men get. Like Oprah did.

You do realize that there are women who are in charge who don't like to hire women because they are likely to drop out and have kids. They have done studies on this and men are more likely to hire based on the person and women who screen are more likely to hire based on looks.

When women call out of work more often (which is twice as often in the US) and drop out and expect paid leave (which is unfair, because we as consumers have to pay for that) they can't expect to get high end jobs. Who would want to take the risk? Now there are women who are career driven and do want to work until they drop dead 40 years straight, but most simply don't, and that's true. Many work and then have kids and cut back on hours and work part time. That's a choice they make. Women who want to own companies and be presidents are in the minority. Even the ones who are in power said themselves they just don't care about it much.

It's hard to be a parent and a career person, one or the other suffers. Women are more inclined to make family decisions over career decisions, because that's where their priorities (and expectations) are.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>