Kang the conquerer vs Blue Beetle...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dmills
Kang takes on Jamie. Kang gets access to weaponry that he has displayed on panel within reason. Ditto for Jamie. Who wins?

Shut up Bentley stick out tongue

Bentley
I like Jamie, cool character smile

Galan007
With PIS on, Kang wins. More times than not, Jaime tends to underestimate/second guess himself in battles.

PIS off, Jamie would do very well... Possibly even take the majority. Proof of this can be seen in his trouncing of Black Beetle, and OMAC Prime- an android with the abilities of Amazo+OMACs+Metal Men+Project Cadmus/Creature Commandos+Blue Beetle's Scarab.

Bentley
OMAC Prime had a huge weak-point related with Jamie's powers.

I like Jamie's character design a lot.

dmills
Originally posted by Bentley
OMAC Prime had a huge weak-point related with Jamie's powers.

I like Jamie's character design a lot.

Me too. I tend to favor characters like him.

byrdgang21
Cool fight. I give Kang 7/10 mostly due to experience

Bentley
I'd like to see scans of the Black Beetle fight before I eviscerate this one character I like smile

Galan007
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6560/30456164.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1968/20532917.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7648/48628851.jpg
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8365/36044531.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6532/27944549.jpg
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2894/51984327.jpg

Bentley
Black Beetle seems a cool character too.

Although, tachyons? I'm going to take some time to figure out exactly how tachyons affect time-travel in the MU, fictional particles like those are hard to pin down.

How can Jamie defend against Kang's random fire power? We all know that Kang wears a shield even to the bathroom and that he can time-shift.

Galan007
^ Tachyons are a real concept, so I'd wager tachyon-related powers would be derived directly from said concept:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon

guy222
kang takes a nice majority

Mindset
BB 10/10

Kang is out of his league.

His league being around Beak level.

dmills
The tachyon particles could out a serious damper on Kangs advantages.

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Tachyons are a real concept, so I'd wager tachyon-related powers would be derived directly from said concept:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon

I know tachyons are a concept, when I said fictional I was addressing the fact they don't really exist in the physical universe stick out tongue

Originally posted by dmills
The tachyon particles could out a serious damper on Kangs advantages.

It's a good feat, but it's very hard to pinpoint what tachyons actually do to time travel tech, I'm going to dig some issues and see if they are mentioned somewhere, but if anyone knows any reference it would be greatly appreciated.

Simbon
Considering that Kang can maintain a time-sphere capable of resisting Immortus' time-manip, can time-shift, freeze time, prevent divergances, etc. His time-control appears to be extremely subtle, and unlikely to be affected by something as crude as a tachyon burst. Even without time-manip, he has so many weapons, and can still fire them from behind his invulnerable shields. The ultra-diode ray, which disables powers and saps the will, has even gone past Sue's force-field.

Bentley
Yep, but arguably disrupting Kang's time-abilities could hinder him from summoning weapons from the time-stream. He still has every crazy gadget that he carries in his armor, which imo can be enough depending in what Jamie does to defend himself from him.

I mean, it took the combined abilities of two heralds (during the Annihilators mini) to destroy Tempus's physical form, and Kang managed to do it with two shots. That's uber. All the other times in which Tempus was defeated it was using his own mace made of time, which apparently is an effective weapon against him.

celeyhyga17
Bentley wins

7/10

Galan007
Seems like people seem to be overlooking Black Beetle... Downgrading him as some minor threat.

Jaime owning him at all is VERY impressive.

Bentley
Seems like people seem to be overlooking Black Beetle... Downgrading him as some minor threat.

Jaime owning him at all is VERY impressive.

Nothing he did would be enough to take on Temps or Magus or Thor, against whom Kang has put up a fight.

Also, at his best Kang handles Magneto, Iron-man and Doom, how is this even a discussion uhuh

Galan007
Booster Gold's shields have stood up to attacks from Doomsday, Lanterns, nukes, Mr. Mind, etc. Black Beetle owned him with a single blast.

Jaime was tanking blasts from Black Beetle before owning him. Just saying.

Bentley
Are you implying that Booster Gold is beyond Magneto, Doom and Iron-Man? ahah

I guess Jamie is more resistant that the Silver Surfer, Maestro Hulk and future Tony Stark shifty

Simbon

I guess Jamie is more resistant that the Silver Surfer, Maestro Hulk and future Tony Stark shifty

Immortus > Kang, and Kang can't use his feats.

Galan007

I guess Jamie is more resistant that the Silver Surfer, Maestro Hulk and future Tony Stark shifty It's not surprising that you only bring up Kang's higher feats. I'd hate to have to bring up his low ones. shifty

Anyway, I'm not saying Jaime would win, I just think it's faulty to count him out... Especially given his owning of a time-manipulating foe very much akin to Kang (ie. Black Beetle.)

Bentley
I know BB is in Kang's league, as I said I like the character. But if people don't see me defend Kang adamantly they will think I've gotten soft. big grin

Kang is no hero, he only has so many feats I can bring to the table. In this case I don't think handling Giant Man will seem impressive.

Originally posted by Simbon
Immortus > Kang, and Kang can't use his feats.

Immortus IS more powerful than Kang, but their equipment is found the same way, either it was obtained via time displacement or altered-designed by Kang. As far as I know, nothing points out towards Immortus personally amassing weapons or military power, arguably points have been toward the opposite. Most of Immortus superiority against Kang is in time-technology, because Immo is a time scholar. In that point there is no comparision, Immortus is the best.

And well, yeah, certainly those aren't the exact same weapons Kang has shown, but I tend to extrapolate his feats from people who are essentially part of the Kang-family, such as Scarlett Centurion, Terminatrix, Iron-Lad and to a much lesser extent, Immortus.

Immortus one-shot killed Maestro, Kang doesn't need that kind of damage most of the time.

Galan007
I know BB is in Kang's league, as I said I like the character. But if people don't see me defend Kang adamantly they will think I've gotten soft. big grin

Kang is no hero, he only has so many feats I can bring to the table. In this case I don't think handling Giant Man will seem impressive. thumb up

Simbon

Immortus IS more powerful than Kang, but their equipment is found the same way, either it was obtained via time displacement or altered-designed by Kang. As far as I know, nothing points out towards Immortus personally amassing weapons or military power, arguably points have been toward the opposite. Most of Immortus superiority against Kang is in time-technology, because Immo is a time scholar. In that point there is no comparision, Immortus is the best.

And well, yeah, certainly those aren't the exact same weapons Kang has shown, but I tend to extrapolate his feats from people who are essentially part of the Kang-family, such as Scarlett Centurion, Terminatrix, Iron-Lad and to a much lesser extent, Immortus.

Immortus one-shot killed Maestro, Kang doesn't need that kind of damage most of the time.

I agree with all that except for saying that because Immortus's glove-blasts can one-shit kill Maestro Kang could do the same -- Kang's never done anything even approaching that.

Bentley
I agree with all that except for saying that because Immortus's glove-blasts can one-shit kill Maestro Kang could do the same -- Kang's never done anything even approaching that.

Well, to be fair an alternate Maestro may be weaker than current Hulk incarnations, so the feat itself is unquantifiable.

When it comes to all around powerlevels I always assume that Immortus > Kang >>> Iron-Lad. So if IL does something, Kang should be able to replicate it and then some. My reasoning that makes Kang capable of using a similar blast, even if it's slightly weaker is actually speculation, but within reasonable expectations imo.

All that said, I don't think Bendis knew the difference between Immortus and Kang when he wrote those issues.

celeyhyga17
It's not surprising that you only bring up Kang's higher feats. I'd hate to have to bring up his low ones. shifty

Anyway, I'm not saying Jaime would win, I just think it's faulty to count him out... Especially given his owning of a time-manipulating foe very much akin to Kang (ie. Black Beetle.)

so who wins?

Bentley
Kang, but mostly because of his experience, combat intelligence and more ruthless personality. I'd argue he's also more resourceful, but Jamie is no slouch in that department.

Bentley

Look at my respect thread, I just posted an example of Kang's combat tech being superior to Immortus's smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.