Batman vs. Taskmaster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight
Battle takes place in Gotham.

Who takes it?

Mshinu
Tasky beats the bat.

Marvelknight
I'll go with Bruce 6-10. Equipment/weapons, tactical assessment/strategies are categories that favor Bruce here.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Marvelknight
I'll go with Bruce 6-10. Equipment/weapons, tactical assessment/strategies are categories that favor Bruce here.

not really. Taskmaster is known to carry at LEAST as much equipment- hawkeye's trick arrows in particular (because they could really be anything here) would cause problems for batman. He also is prone to carrying around a shield like captain america (which can block projectiles, etc).

Taskmaster has mastered the styles of every martial artist that exists in the marvel U, including unique styles (spider man, for instance) that bruce has never seen and won't easily be able to counter.

the opposite is NOT true. Taskmaster has mastered every style bruce knows AND can predict movements. In the unlikely event bruce busts out a style tasky doesn't know, Tasky masters that style instantly on the fly.

in a straight 1 on 1 fight, Taskmaster beats the hell out of batman, just like prometheus did way back in JLA.

with significant time to prep and lay traps, he has a shot to win a few but it would not be easy at all.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Space M ummy
not really. Taskmaster is known to carry at LEAST as much equipment- hawkeye's trick arrows in particular (because they could really be anything here) would cause problems for batman. He also is prone to carrying around a shield like captain america (which can block projectiles, etc).

Taskmaster has mastered the styles of every martial artist that exists in the marvel U, including unique styles (spider man, for instance) that bruce has never seen and won't easily be able to counter.

the opposite is NOT true. Taskmaster has mastered every style bruce knows AND can predict movements. In the unlikely event bruce busts out a style tasky doesn't know, Tasky masters that style instantly on the fly.

in a straight 1 on 1 fight, Taskmaster beats the hell out of batman, just like prometheus did way back in JLA.

with significant time to prep and lay traps, he has a shot to win a few but it would not be easy at all.

Knowing all of those styles means what? It's nice to have but Tasksy can't utilize all those style as efficiently as the fighters he got them from. Like Wolverine, Spider-Man or Cap, Tasksy isn't superhuman. Batman still has a good chance here. I'd not sleep on Bruce' fighting skills. And that fight with Prometheus, happened years ago....

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Marvelknight
Knowing all of those styles means what? It's nice to have but Tasksy can't utilize all those style as efficiently as the fighters he got them from. Like Wolverine, Spider-Man or Cap, Tasksy isn't superhuman. Batman still has a good chance here. I'd not sleep on Bruce' fighting skills. And that fight with Prometheus, happened years ago....

not necessarily. There are some limitations (his body technically isn't as agile as spidey's, for instance) but he's used their styles before in combat many, many times- And due to the way his powers work, if he executes a maneuver, it's executed perfectly or not at all.

Also, because of his ability to predict movements even Cap's enhanced stats aren't enough to overcome Taskmaster's fighting skills. Taskmaster has not only beaten captain america, he's successfully fought off Cap and Bucky-Cap simultaneously. He's used his superhuman aim (stolen from bullseye or hawkeye, most likely) to take out spiderman in one shot. He fought and beat elektra with his eyes closed (using daredevil's style) despite the fact that he has no radar sense.

Batman is good, but he isn't THAT good- and in the extremely unlikely scenario that batman IS, Taskmaster copies his style and is able to predict his movements in a matter of minutes. In combat, Tasky has every edge here. Batman will have to outsmart him to win, and with no significant prep time I don't see that happening easily.

Marvelknight
not necessarily. There are some limitations (his body technically isn't as agile as spidey's, for instance) but he's used their styles before in combat many, many times- And due to the way his powers work, if he executes a maneuver, it's executed perfectly or not at all.

Also, because of his ability to predict movements even Cap's enhanced stats aren't enough to overcome Taskmaster's fighting skills. Taskmaster has not only beaten captain america, he's successfully fought off Cap and Bucky-Cap simultaneously. He's used his superhuman aim (stolen from bullseye or hawkeye, most likely) to take out spiderman in one shot. He fought and beat elektra with his eyes closed (using daredevil's style) despite the fact that he has no radar sense.

Batman is good, but he isn't THAT good- and in the extremely unlikely scenario that batman IS, Taskmaster copies his style and is able to predict his movements in a matter of minutes. In combat, Tasky has every edge here. Batman will have to outsmart him to win, and with no significant prep time I don't see that happening easily.

Cap let Bucky do the fighting because he had more important things at hand. Cap can take down Taskmaster 7-10.

Bruce has fought against opponents who can predict attacks (Lady Shiva). Not sure if that matters much here. Taskmaster can't copy Batman while trying to fight at the same time. Task would need to watch a tap or observe Bruce fighting on the sidelines. But not really during combat. At most Task will copy a move or two not an entire style while fighting.

Also, Bruce is physically superior in strength, and durability. All of those styles Task has means nothing. Batman knows 127. Where's the difference? They both have many fighting styles to use.

Prep-Man
bruce.

iceman24567
Gotta go with Bruce too

celeyhyga17
Bruce due to his superior toys

BruceSkywalker
as good as tasky is, bruce wins this 7-8/10

Don Corleone
Be a Hell of a fight. If I remember correctly, Tasky gave Cap all he could handle. Bruce wins , but he better be ready to use everything at his disposal.

American Dragon
im not sure about h2h combat i think TM has the edge. strength both are regular humans with no enhancements so no edge to either. equipment TM usually uses the shield and sword while Batman has all that stuff in his belt including batarangs. Batman is smarter but i think TM is the better fighter so it could go either way

AlmightyKfish
Taskmaster ftw.

Deadline

Also, because of his ability to predict movements even Cap's enhanced stats aren't enough to overcome Taskmaster's fighting skills.

Wrong.

Taskmaster has not only beaten captain america,

I think once, but their last two fights indicate Cap is too much.

he's successfully fought off Cap and Bucky-Cap simultaneously.

For a split second then got dropped by Cap.

JakeTheBank
Batman. Tasky will relent before too long, though.

Harbinger
Batman, since Tasky's likely to chump out if the battle goes on too long.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Harbinger

thumb up

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Harbinger

Tbf, his latest mini showed that the longer the battle goes on, the better it is for Tasky, as he can pick up an entire fighting style in two minutes (did it to Don of the Dead and Red Shirt)

Space M ummy
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Tbf, his latest mini showed that the longer the battle goes on, the better it is for Tasky, as he can pick up an entire fighting style in two minutes (did it to Don of the Dead and Red Shirt)

yep.

redshirt vs. taskmaster 1

Redshirt is trained in an advanced shi'ar fighting style no one on earth uses, or (presumably) can use. He had alterations made to his skeleton and his brain to be able to learn the style.

Taskmaster learns the style after intentionally holding back and getting the hell beaten out of him. For most of the fight he was intentionally NOT copying redshirt's style. once the gloves came off, he mastered it immediately and overwhelmed him.

taskmaster vs redshirt conclusion

Bruce may know 127 styles, but taskmaster has mastered every fighting style that exists on marvel earth and can master- not learn- new ones instantaneously. Surprising him with a move he doesn't know is nearly impossible, and becomes literally impossible if the fight lasts more than a minute or two.

Tasky also has predictive movement ability, and bruce doesn't. We've already seen batman defeated by prometheus who only had the abilities of the top 30 martial artists of his world. Taskmaster is way, WAY better.

In a straight fight, there is literally no reason to believe Bruce has any edge over taskmaster. He's consistently beaten opponents like cap and spiderman (more than once) who are stronger and faster than batman is- not that there's any reason to assume that bruce is stronger than tasky.

Taskmaster's reflexes and accuracy are flat out better than Batman's, due to copying bullseye/daredevil/hawkeye/etc- unless you think batman has the skills to kill people with toothpicks 100 yards away and cut throats with playing cards.

Taskmaster's standard equipment is better than Batman's. Shield, sword, guns, jets, trick arrows that include disruptors, sonics, poison gas, electricity, explosives, flares, an image inducer to disguise himself (remember this takes place in gotham city) etc etc.

And finally- Taskmaster does not hold back and WILL go for lethal/kill shots if he has the opportunity and bruce won't. Even if they were dead even in skill (and that's not the case here) that would give him the edge.

That's why I'm giving taskmaster the heavy majority. Gotham being batman's home turf gives him a chance for a couple of wins, but batman is at a serious disadvantage unless he has a ton of prep time.

Mshinu
Tasky goes into fast foreward mode and beats the guano outa Batsy.

Space M ummy
Here's a great example from the respect thread-

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=Cap-2-5.jpg

Cap vs. Taskmaster- Cap has no shield here- though not really relevant, since batman isn't really known to run around with shields either.

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=Cap-2-6.jpg

Despite the physical advantage, Cap was clearly losing this before surprising Taskmaster by busting out the (rarely seen) energy shield.

Also note that in this fight we see Tasky using explosive arrows, shock arrows, concussive arrows, pistols, sword, shield, and neural darts.

godking
I pick taskmaster for a healthy majority in H2H against any peak human Martial artist without some sort of of power to offset taskmaster's abilities.

Daredevil1
Batman 6-7/10

Juntai
yep.

redshirt vs. taskmaster 1

Redshirt is trained in an advanced shi'ar fighting style no one on earth uses, or (presumably) can use. He had alterations made to his skeleton and his brain to be able to learn the style.

Taskmaster learns the style after intentionally holding back and getting the hell beaten out of him. For most of the fight he was intentionally NOT copying redshirt's style. once the gloves came off, he mastered it immediately and overwhelmed him.

taskmaster vs redshirt conclusion

Bruce may know 127 styles, but taskmaster has mastered every fighting style that exists on marvel earth and can master- not learn- new ones instantaneously. Surprising him with a move he doesn't know is nearly impossible, and becomes literally impossible if the fight lasts more than a minute or two.

Tasky also has predictive movement ability, and bruce doesn't. We've already seen batman defeated by prometheus who only had the abilities of the top 30 martial artists of his world. Taskmaster is way, WAY better.

In a straight fight, there is literally no reason to believe Bruce has any edge over taskmaster. He's consistently beaten opponents like cap and spiderman (more than once) who are stronger and faster than batman is- not that there's any reason to assume that bruce is stronger than tasky.

Taskmaster's reflexes and accuracy are flat out better than Batman's, due to copying bullseye/daredevil/hawkeye/etc- unless you think batman has the skills to kill people with toothpicks 100 yards away and cut throats with playing cards.

Taskmaster's standard equipment is better than Batman's. Shield, sword, guns, jets, trick arrows that include disruptors, sonics, poison gas, electricity, explosives, flares, an image inducer to disguise himself (remember this takes place in gotham city) etc etc.

And finally- Taskmaster does not hold back and WILL go for lethal/kill shots if he has the opportunity and bruce won't. Even if they were dead even in skill (and that's not the case here) that would give him the edge.

That's why I'm giving taskmaster the heavy majority. Gotham being batman's home turf gives him a chance for a couple of wins, but batman is at a serious disadvantage unless he has a ton of prep time. Batman is a master of every martial art, all forms of combat. smile One of the people Prometheus' disc had, was Bruce. lol.

Juntai
Oh, and Bruce beats Taskmaster.. . . again. >.>

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Juntai
Batman is a master of every martial art, all forms of combat. smile One of the people Prometheus' disc had, was Bruce. lol. ummm

the post you quoted is of a guy using an alien fighting style and being drugged up in order to utilize it like the aliens that created it. pretty sure batman doesn't know that style no expression

BattleMage
Taskmaster 5.5/10

Parmaniac
Batman

And just to throw my 2 cents in, if you are just faster and stronger than your opponent it's kinda irrelevant if he copies your moves and I'm pretty sure Bats stat feats go beyound TMs.

psycho gundam
^ fighting cap makes that hard to believe

Parmaniac
Deadline argued that Cap > TM

Go at him bro.

Juntai

So does Taskmaster have accuracy feats like this?
Throws a Batarang behind him, bounces it around the room and hits a hostage holding gunman.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-batarangtrick1a.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-batarangtrick1b.jpg

Bounces a Batarang off of a statue and KOs three men with it.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-statue.jpg

Snatches an arrow off the ground and throws it down the barrel of a gun and casues it to backfire.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-arrow.jpg

Takes Artemis' arrow out of the air with a Batarang.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-artemis.jpg

Deathstroke with enhanced vision, and one of the best assassins/mercenaries in comics, deemed this shot impossible- not only does he make the shot, but he uses it to disarm a man of both of his weapons that's escaping with a high calibre rifle and doesn't even bipod or prone for extra control.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-sniperstroke2.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-sniperstroke3.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-sniperstroke4.jpg

He's also taken down two seperate attack helicopters, one with a knife, and one with a ski pole.

Maybe he's not Bullseye, as far as the ridiculous goes, but he's not far off either. wink

Deadline
Here's a great example from the respect thread-

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=Cap-2-5.jpg

Cap vs. Taskmaster- Cap has no shield here- though not really relevant, since batman isn't really known to run around with shields either.

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=Cap-2-6.jpg

Despite the physical advantage, Cap was clearly losing this before surprising Taskmaster by busting out the (rarely seen) energy shield.

Also note that in this fight we see Tasky using explosive arrows, shock arrows, concussive arrows, pistols, sword, shield, and neural darts.

You're taking the fight out of context. Cap has the physical advantage but it's not a big one. Taskmaster on the other hand has explosive arrows a sword and a shield. TM has a big advantage, Cap doesn't.

srankmissingnin
Those accuracy feats don't hold a candle to Daredevil's, let alone Bullseye's...

Anyway, Batman wins the majority.

Juntai
Originally posted by psycho gundam
ummm

the post you quoted is of a guy using an alien fighting style and being drugged up in order to utilize it like the aliens that created it. pretty sure batman doesn't know that style no expression
Shi'ar don't exist in DC. lol.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/bat%20pics%202/batwidegyre-463.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/det411.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/bat%20pics%202/batmansecretfile1.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batleeprofile.jpg

Deadline
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Those accuracy feats don't hold a candle to Daredevil's, let alone Bullseye's...

Anyway, Batman wins the majority.

I agree. TM is good but I think that eventhough he can match Batman in h2h Batman is a mentally tougher, more brutal and dirtier fighter than TM. Not only that he has gadgets and knows the territory. Even if he can't beat TM in h2h he can use the envinronment.

Parmaniac
@ Juntai
Two of your feats look PC.

Juntai

Anyway, Batman wins the majority. They're just an added dimension to a character already far greater than either of them, however. wink

JakeTheBank
"Far greater" is a bit of a stretch methinks.

Juntai
Originally posted by Parmaniac
@ Juntai
Two of your feats look PC. The only one that even looks old among the aim feats is the arrow one, but that doesn't neccisarly mean pre-crsis. I don't know the issue, but I can tell you I have comics from the early 90s that look more 'PC' than that.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Even "slightly greater," would be a stretch. cool

Juntai
Even "slightly greater," would be a stretch. cool Only when we devolve Batman to a forum perception of what he can do and 'should be', rather than the one presented to us in comics, and dismiss most of the last decade or more. Because that's the only way a guy like Daredevil is even close to a guy like Batman in class.

Deadline
Only when we devolve Batman to a forum perception of what he can do and 'should be', rather than the one presented to us in comics, and dismiss most of the last decade or more. Because that's the only way a guy like Daredevil is even close to a guy like Batman in class.

Thats complete and utter rubbish.

godking
Batman

And just to throw my 2 cents in, if you are just faster and stronger than your opponent it's kinda irrelevant if he copies your moves and I'm pretty sure Bats stat feats go beyound TMs. Yeah like that Captain America guy right ?

Juntai
Originally posted by Deadline
Thats complete and utter rubbish. Oh, is it?

When was the last time you saw Daredevil flatten a class 100 character? Has Bullseye ever made a herald level guy shake in his boots? When was the last time you saw either of them not only take down a foe more suited for Spiderman in strength/durability, but 3 of them at the same time, effortlessly?

JakeTheBank
PIS happens.

Juntai
PIS happens. And man, it sure happens for Batman -a lot-. Like, so frequently it's pretty much part of his character over the last decade.

Like, totally punk Firestorm one issue, then turn around and beat the piss out of Lobo shortly after.

Don't worry though guys, reboot is upon us. wink

Mshinu
So then Batman would take the majority in a straight up match against Firestorm or Lobo right?

JakeTheBank
Consistent PIS is still PIS.

I hold Batman accountable for PIS as much as I do Captain America and Wolverine. I for one don't believe Batman can somehow phase someone like Wonder Woman with any of his physical blows when she's no sold attacks from beings far stronger than Batman. Nor do I legitimately believe Batman can solo the JLA minus Superman without healthy doses of extreme PIS. Just like I think Cap staggering Hulk with his bare hands is PIS. Or Logan making a fool out of Count Nefaria.

Deadline
Oh, is it?

When was the last time you saw Daredevil flatten a class 100 character? Has Bullseye ever made a herald level guy shake in his boots?

He taken down an upgraded Mr Hyde with one shot and Wolverine. Wolverine isn't a class 100 brick but you know how hard he is to put down. Bullseye doesn't need to make a herald lvl character quake in his boots thats just people jobbing to him.

When was the last time you saw either of them not only take down a foe more suited for Spiderman in strength/durability, but 3 of them at the same time, effortlessly?

Serioulsy are you going start wasting my time. So any crappy feat that Batman does and you start bigging it up? OHMYGOD HES GONE UPAGAINST 3 PEOPLE WITH CLASS 10 STRENGTH1111!!

Don't waste my time not even going to respond to that nonsense.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by godking
Yeah like that Captain America guy right ? Who?

srankmissingnin
The only one that even looks old among the aim feats is the arrow one, but that doesn't neccisarly mean pre-crsis. I don't know the issue, but I can tell you I have comics from the early 90s that look more 'PC' than that.

Detective Comics 448 1975. Pre-Crisis.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mshinu
So then Batman would take the majority in a straight up match against Firestorm or Lobo right? I never claimed as much, but he is 1 for 1 in both scenarios. wink

Like I said, you're still thinking in forum terms, he's just a man who knows kung fu, in a mask. Batman is far more dangerous than that.

He's defeated an entire Teen Titans team at once, without breaking a sweat.

He can disapear in plain sight from those with superpowers.

He can sense Martian Manhunter while phase-shifted and invisible trying to sneak up on him.

Dodge a sniper bullet based on vibration in the air, after it's fired, at his back.

Or kick a tempered steel beam, the type used to hold up massive structures and dent it or bend it with his foot.

Batman might not have superstrength, but he HITS like it, and many have commented on it.

Juntai
Anyways, it's derailing the thread, Batman beats the one in the thread, Taskmaster. smile

Deadline
I never claimed as much, but he is 1 for 1 in both scenarios. wink

Like I said, you're still thinking in forum terms, he's just a man who knows kung fu, in a mask. Batman is far more dangerous than that.

Dunno about that.

He's defeated an entire Teen Titans team at once, without breaking a sweat.

That might not be a big deal depending on who was in the team.

He can disapear in plain sight from those with superpowers.

and since Batman has stated hes used tech to keep himself hidden from Superman that could be involved.

He can sense Martian Manhunter while phase-shifted and invisible trying to sneak up on him.

Dodge a sniper bullet based on vibration in the air, after it's fired, at his back.

I could see Daredevil doing both of those, especially since hes sensed Mephisto in disguise.

Or kick a tempered steel beam, the type used to hold up massive structures and dent it or bend it with his foot.

and Daredevil has opened a safe that Spiderman struggeled to open. Tilted a limo with three people inside at and his lifted one of those massive slot machines with just his arms.

Batman might not have superstrength, but he HITS like it, and many have commented on it.

Wow, big deal.

Mshinu
I still don`t see anything mentioned that other characters in the top steet tier haven`t done many times.

Except Batty Boy can take superman level punches, but plot armor is not allowed in forum matches.. as far as I know.

AlmightyKfish
So does Taskmaster have accuracy feats like this?
Throws a Batarang behind him, bounces it around the room and hits a hostage holding gunman.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-batarangtrick1a.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-batarangtrick1b.jpg

Bounces a Batarang off of a statue and KOs three men with it.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-statue.jpg

Snatches an arrow off the ground and throws it down the barrel of a gun and casues it to backfire.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-arrow.jpg

Takes Artemis' arrow out of the air with a Batarang.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-artemis.jpg

Deathstroke with enhanced vision, and one of the best assassins/mercenaries in comics, deemed this shot impossible- not only does he make the shot, but he uses it to disarm a man of both of his weapons that's escaping with a high calibre rifle and doesn't even bipod or prone for extra control.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-sniperstroke2.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-sniperstroke3.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmark-sniperstroke4.jpg

He's also taken down two seperate attack helicopters, one with a knife, and one with a ski pole.

Maybe he's not Bullseye, as far as the ridiculous goes, but he's not far off either. wink

Thing is, Taskmaster totally does have feats like that...

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=BillCLubmmoonKnight.jpg
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=Crossbowgunbarrel.jpg
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=GiantOwnage.jpg
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=PenKill.jpg
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=Spidermanthrow.jpg

He's got more but I'm feeling too lazy to go through the respect thread more...

Juntai

That might not be a big deal depending on who was in the team. Wally West, Donna Troy, Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Garth/Aqualad.

Now quit derailing the thread with nonsense. 1) I'm not even debating this stuff, I'm just saying it. 2) You're acting like you're rebuttaling things I'm saying or offering counters, but you're not. example; I mention how Batman takes down Lobo man to man, and you give me "he battled Mr Hyde", as if that's a solid comparison.

But if you want to follow me around in the thread trying to get a rise out of me, or prove a point with acting like you're offering counters/debating and debunking, when I'm not even putting real effort into this -- I'll leave you with this;

Fact is, point blank, if you want to compare feats straight up, and disregard nothing, just going on what's in the comics, Batman will absolutely destroy Daredevil in a feat war. It wouldn't even be remotely a comparison. He wouldn't even register next to it.

Not let me have my fun. smile

Juntai
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Thing is, Taskmaster totally does have feats like that...

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=BillCLubmmoonKnight.jpg
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=Crossbowgunbarrel.jpg
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=GiantOwnage.jpg
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=PenKill.jpg
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/?action=view&current=Spidermanthrow.jpg

He's got more but I'm feeling too lazy to go through the respect thread more... Thing is, the guy I responded to was acting as if he was out Batman's league with such feats. And clearly isn't. Batman also has a ton more, I just grabbed a few.

the ninjak
Bruce should take this.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by the ninjak
Bruce will take this.

the ninjak
I stand corrected. big grin

Deadline
Wally West, Donna Troy, Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Garth/Aqualad.

That sounds like PIS, especially when you consider that Grayson has taken it to Deathstroke more than once.

Now quit derailing the thread with nonsense. 1) I'm not even debating this stuff, I'm just saying it. 2) You're acting like you're rebuttaling things I'm saying or offering counters, but you're not. example; I mention how Batman takes down Lobo man to man, and you give me "he battled Mr Hyde", as if that's a solid comparison.

Stop trying to deliberately twist my words around. You asked me if hes flatened class 100s, in that post you didn't say anything about Lobo and I was not responding to that.

Interestingly enough I mentioned Wolverine as well, which you deliberatly ignored.

But if you want to follow me around in the thread trying to get a rise out of me, or prove a point with acting like you're offering counters/debating and debunking, when I'm not even putting real effort into this -- I'll leave you with this;

Fact is, point blank, if you want to compare feats straight up, and disregard nothing, just going on what's in the comics, Batman will absolutely destroy Daredevil in a feat war. It wouldn't even be remotely a comparison. He wouldn't even register next to it.

Not let me have my fun. smile

and he would possibly beat Deathstroke in a feat war, we all know that he would lose in a fight.

Not to mention that recently Daredevil stalemated Cap in an encounter. You wanna get into a feat war with Cap and Bats and Bats is going to lose. A little bit of common sense needs to be applied to Batman feats, he has high end feats but when you look at his feats as a whole hes still just a top tier street leveler with gadgets.

Parmaniac
That sounds like PIS I LOLed

Deadline
I LOLed

To be fair I gave my reasons.

Juntai
That sounds like PIS, especially when you consider that Grayson has taken it to Deathstroke more than once.

Stop trying to deliberately twist my words around. You asked me if hes flatened class 100s, in that post you didn't say anything about Lobo and I was not responding to that.

Interestingly enough I mentioned Wolverine as well, which you deliberatly ignored.

and he would possibly beat Deathstroke in a feat war, we all know that he would lose in a fight. Actually, earlier in this thread I posted a scan that happened where Deathstroke was saying Batman couldn't make that shot? That was right after Batman served Deathstroke himself. Deathstroke beat Batman that initial time in a 4 part story in Deathstroke's own series. This used Batman's popularity to help vault Deathstroke into having the number 1 comic at the time. Never again. But the reverse is not true.
Slade has a weak spot for Dick, but when he's meant to, he dropped Dick with one kick, and on probably at least 5 occasions, served Dick and his team, all at once, just like Batman. wink

I ignored the Wolverine piece, because I'm not debating this, but while I'm on it? That's nearly as impressive as a guy that yank a star out of space either.

Juntai
To be fair I gave my reasons. I believe he was loling because he read it "That sounds like piss."

srankmissingnin
To be fair I gave my reasons.

It was Robin era Grayson and the year one Teen Titans, it's not even worth bring up really.

Deadline
*sigh* Just trolling.

Actually, earlier in this thread I posted a scan that happened where Deathstroke was saying Batman couldn't make that shot?

*sigh* So Batman and Taskmaster are going to have a gunfight? I'm not talking about guns I'm talking about h2h.

That was right after Batman served Deathstroke himself.

This why you're trolling. That was after Batman jumped Deathstroke and DS beat him down twice, the first time with ease. Even on the third time Batman has to use a weapon to take him down.

Deathstroke beat Batman that initial time in a 4 part story in Deathstroke's own series. This used Batman's popularity to help vault Deathstroke into having the number 1 comic at the time. Never again. But the reverse is not true.

Blahblahblahblah. DS has beaten Batman three times.

Slade has a weak spot for Dick, but when he's meant to, he dropped Dick with one kick, and on probably at least 5 occasions, served Dick and his team, all at once, just like Batman. wink

Just because he has a 'weak spot' doesn't mean he won't beat the crap out of him and we can't assume everytime that Nightwind does well is only because DS wants him to, especially when hes held his own against Batgirl Not arguing that DS will beat Nightwing it's just that hes good enough to hold his own on a good day. Hell I'm pretty sure that Batman has an even weaker spot for Nightwing.

cool

I ignored the Wolverine piece, because I'm not debating this, but while I'm on it? That's nearly as impressive as a guy that yank a star out of space either.

Blahblahblahblah. Wolverine can hold his own against the Hulk. Don't worry I'm getting bored and I'm going to ignore you soon.

It was Robin era Grayson and the year one Teen Titans, it's not even worth bring up really.

Thats pathetic like you said it's not even worth bringing up. Really grasping at straws.

Juntai

Blahblahblahblah. Wolverine can hold his own against the Hulk. Don't worry I'm getting bored and I'm going to ignore you soon. What does Wolverine fighting Hulk have to do with Daredevil comparing to Batman?

lol.

Juntai

Just because he has a 'weak spot' doesn't mean he won't beat the crap out of him and we can't assume everytime that Nightwind does well is only because DS wants him to, especially when hes held his own against Batgirl Not arguing that DS will beat Nightwing it's just that hes good enough to hold his own on a good day. Hell I'm pretty sure that Batman has an even weaker spot for Nightwing.

It's all ambiguous, Tim's defeated Cass too. Deathstroke outclassed her. So has Batman.

Batman took down Grundy, twice. Beat Gorilla Grodd, traded blows with Metallo, defeated Lobo hand to hand, defeated Aquaman in hand to hand combat. Although didn't defeat her, had the upper hand on Wonder Woman on multiple occasions, etc etc. Daredevil isn't in this class of character when we allow all feats. So, bla bla bla, all you'd like. smile

Mr.Mxyzptlk
What does Wolverine fighting Hulk have to do with Daredevil comparing to Batman?

lol.

I think he's saying that Taskmaster downing Wolverine could be PIS or have extenuating circumstances since Wolverine has started to showcase the durability to casually eat and shrug off Class 100 blows.

Deadline
What does Wolverine fighting Hulk have to do with Daredevil comparing to Batman?

lol.

Um hes one shoted Wolverine...and Wolverine is tough enough to hold his own against Hulk. See where I'm going with this?

It's all ambiguous, Tim's defeated Cass too. Deathstroke outclassed her. So has Batman.

Batgirl has actually held her own against Batman before and beaten Lady Shiva. There are probably circumstances to Tim beating Cass. Anyway it was year one Titans so it doesn't matter.

Batman took down Grundy, traded blows with Metallo, defeated Lobo hand to hand, etc etc. Daredevil isn't in this class of character when we allow all feats. So, bla bla bla, all you'd like. smile

Trading blows with a class 100 character is PIS unless he had a harder suit. DD has held his own against Cap more than once and recently stalemated him in an encounter. Cap beats Batman in a feat war, you lose.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
I think he's saying that Taskmaster downing Wolverine could be PIS or have extenuating circumstances since Wolverine has started to showcase the durability to casually eat and shrug off Class 100 blows. Oh. big grin

Juntai
Um hes one shoted Wolverine...and Wolverine is tough enough to hold his own against Hulk. See where I'm going with this? Oh? ABC?
Batman has held his own against Superman on a few occasions. Superman took down Mandrakk. See where I'm going with this?

Juntai

Batgirl has actually held her own against Batman before and beaten Lady Shiva. There are probably circumstances to Tim beating Cass. Anyway it was year one Titans so it doesn't matter.
What does Cassandra Cain have to do with the Titans showing?
Batman beat Shiva too.

Juntai

Trading blows with a class 100 character is PIS unless he had a harder suit. DD has held his own against Cap more than once and recently stalemated him in an encounter. Cap beats Batman in a feat war, you lose. More ABC? sad
I like how we have to extrapolate from feats Captain America and Wolverine, onto Daredevil, to take them all the way to Taskmaster so he can have a feat war with Batman.

If you want to match Daredevil to Batman, do it using DAREDEVIL. smile Set up a thread, all canon showings go. I'll be in there when I have time.

Deadline
Oh? ABC?
Batman has held his own against Superman on a few occasions. Superman took down Mandrakk. See where I'm going with this?

Yea because arguing that Batman has taken on LOBO isn't ABC logic either.

What does Cassandra Cain have to do with the Titans showing?

Stop trolling. Anyway it was year one titans, irrelevant.

Batman beat Shiva too.

When she was distracted? At the end of the day none of that proves that Batman is way above Daredevil.

Deadline
More ABC? sad

I like how we have to extrapolate from feats Captain America and Wolverine, onto Daredevil, to take them all the way to Taskmaster so he can have a feat war with Batman.

Um I'm not talking about Taskmaster. You said that Batman is way better than Daredevil. You're using ABC logic to prove it as well.

If you want to match Daredevil to Batman, do it using DAREDEVIL. smile Set up a thread, all canon showings go. I'll be in there when I have time.

I've pretty much proved you don't know what you're talking about.

Juntai
Yea because arguing that Batman has taken on LOBO isn't ABC logic either.

Stop trolling. Anyway it was year one titans, irrelevant.

When she was distracted? At the end of the day none of that proves that Batman is way above Daredevil. Batman beat Lobo directly. Not character A had a battle but didn't defeat character B who once upon time had a battle with character C. That's ABC logic, homie.

Cassandra was not part of that Titans team, I'd already moved on from that. I was asking why the hell you were saying the Cassandra stuff was irrelevant because of Year One Titans?

In one encounter yes, in another, she surprised attacked him and still got downed.
Batman also went blow for blow with the reboot Karate Kid, although it ended with Batman dissapearing, he was originally surprise attacked and then quickly within a few panels had the upper hand over him for several panels before vanishing from the fight.

Juntai
Um I'm not talking about Taskmaster. You said that Batman is way better than Daredevil. You're using ABC logic to prove it as well.

I've pretty much proved you don't know what you're talking about. No, I'm not. I've been using Batman feats. You're trying to use some Daredevil once fought Wolverine who once fought a much weaker Hulk crap and trying to extrapolate that backwards to Daredevil.

lol.

And, no, you haven.t

Set the thread up if you want. smile

All canon showings count, Daredevil vs Batman.

srankmissingnin

Batman took down Grundy, twice. Beat Gorilla Grodd, traded blows with Metallo, defeated Lobo hand to hand, defeated Aquaman in hand to hand combat. Although didn't defeat her, had the upper hand on Wonder Woman on multiple occasions, etc etc. Daredevil isn't in this class of character when we allow all feats. So, bla bla bla, all you'd like. smile

Switch those names with Blob, Herc, Hulk, Hyde, Wrecker, Absorbing Man, Thing, Titania, Namor and Ultron and you'd be talking about Daredevil.

But I think you need to re-familiar yourself with the rules because what is and what isn't PIS is pretty clear.

Parmaniac
Switch those names with Blob, Herc, Hulk, Hyde, Wrecker, Absorbing Man, Thing, Titania, Namor and Ultron and you'd be talking about Daredevil.

But I think you need to re-familiar yourself with the rules because what is and what isn't PIS is pretty clear. What were the circumstances with Ultron (really curios here)?

Juntai
Switch those names with Blob, Herc, Hulk, Hyde, Wrecker, Absorbing Man, Thing, Titania, Namor and Ultron and you'd be talking about Daredevil. Batman won the fights I mentioned. I can't account for all of those fights off of the top of my head, but the match between Namor and Daredevil that you're trying to push off there, as I remember it was like an ant vs a elephant. And he certainly didn;t win. Nothing similar to Batman going punch for punch for Aquaman, Lobo, or taking down Grundy, etc.
I'm guessing a few of those others are circumstantial, not martial skill, or straight up losses like this as well.

JakeTheBank
And Batman trading blows with Aquaman, Lobo, and Grundy doesn't strike you as PIS at all?

srankmissingnin
What were the circumstances with Ultron (really curios here)?

It was malfunctioning and he had Karnak helping him.

JakeTheBank
And for the record, if Matt straight up traded blow for blow with those people Srank mentioned without any sort of context, amp, or aid, it's PIS for DD as well.

It's pretty clear cut that street level beings get the benefit of PIS in comics. Unless you really think Batman and co. can legitimately fight off high end metas and heralds. Which is...well....

SamZED
Sooo.. we're argiung whose PIS showings are better?

srankmissingnin
Batman won the fights I mentioned. I can't account for all of those fights off of the top of my head, but the match between Namor and Daredevil that you're trying to push off there, as I remember it was like an ant vs a elephant. And he certainly didn;t win. Nothing similar to Batman going punch for punch for Aquaman, Lobo, or taking down Grundy, etc.
I'm guessing a few of those others are circumstantial, not martial skill, or straight up losses like this as well.

Daredevil has fought Namor four or five times, and while he might not have won those encounters, he fared better then Batman did against Wonder Woman in Hiketeia. cool

srankmissingnin
And for the record, if Matt straight up traded blow for blow with those people Srank mentioned without any sort of context, amp, or aid, it's PIS for DD as well.

It's pretty clear cut that street level beings get the benefit of PIS in comics. Unless you really think Batman and co. can legitimately fight off high end metas and heralds. Which is...well....

I wasn't arguing the legitimacy of those feats, just acknowledging that if we are pretending Batman's PIS are valid that those types of examples exist for Daredevil - and really almost every street character - as well.

Most of the examples I cited are - like the Batman ones - blatant PIS.

Juntai
Daredevil has fought Namor four or five times, and while he might not have won those encounters, he fared better then Batman did against Wonder Woman in Hiketeia. cool Batman's tussled WW 3 or 4 seperate occasions, and had the upper hand in each of them at one point before just being overpowered. But it's not really a comparison anyways, Wonderwoman's greater than Namor. WW also gets the benefit of being another high profile character, being why the Aquaman, Lobo, and Grundy didn't fare nearly as well in battle with Batman.

Juntai
I wasn't arguing the legitimacy of those feats, just acknowledging that if we are pretending Batman's PIS are valid that those types of examples exist for Daredevil - and really almost every street character - as well.

Most of the examples I cited are - like the Batman ones - blatant PIS. They were also probably circumstantial or straight up losses like I pointed out, unlike Batman, who used kung fu, and won. big grin

JakeTheBank

Most of the examples I cited are - like the Batman ones - blatant PIS.

thumb up

Juntai

Most of the examples I cited are - like the Batman ones - blatant PIS. So you want to set it up then? Or are you just cheerleading?

Daredevil vs Batman. big grin

Juntai
Daredevil has fought Namor four or five times, and while he might not have won those encounters, he fared better then Batman did against Wonder Woman in Hiketeia. If by 'fared better' you mean left bloody and beaten in the ground by a guy that wasn't even trying or taking him seriously, but was amazed only in the fact he -kept- trying like a retard running headfirst into a brick wall over and over hoping to get different results.

Juntai
Anyways I'm done ****ing around. Mom's birthday, taking her out for dinner. Peace out guys.

Parmaniac
While I put Juntai into the top 3 most knowledgeable DC posters here I heavily disagree with his view on Batman.

If we take a look on his "low showings" and the high/low ratio I think we can throw away the thought of Batman being a herald.

Another thing is besides his place on teams that consists of very powerful beings his villain roster looks like this:
http://serendipityartsales.net/files/BATMAN-villians_1_.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jalm22zr-80/TPpI_WPiAuI/AAAAAAAABKY/3b6vzrJL7U4/s1600/batmanfoes.jpg

I think the villain gallery overall very well mirrors the level that the actual hero is on.

And if he would actually take on heralds on a constant base I think I would see full lists of characters and encounters instead of a handful of showings that favor him, considering that since the crisis he has a history of 20+ years with like 1-3 appareances each week to collect feats like that I persoanlly label these exceptions PIS.

Batman with prep is an entirely different thing though.

Anyways I'm done ****ing around. Mom's birthday, taking her out for dinner. Peace out guys. Have fun

Juntai
While I put Juntai into the top 3 most knowledgeable DC posters here I heavily disagree with his view on Batman.

If we take a look on his "low showings" and the high/low ratio I think we can throw away the thought of Batman being a herald.

Another thing is besides his place on teams that consists of very powerful beings his villain roster looks like this:
http://serendipityartsales.net/files/BATMAN-villians_1_.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jalm22zr-80/TPpI_WPiAuI/AAAAAAAABKY/3b6vzrJL7U4/s1600/batmanfoes.jpg

I think the villain gallery overall very well mirrors the level that the actual hero is on.

And if he would actually take on heralds on a constant base I think I would see full lists of characters and encounters instead of a handful of showings that favor him, considering that since the crisis he has a history of 20+ years with like 1-3 appareances each week to collect feats like that I persoanlly label these exceptions PIS.

Batman with prep is an entirely different thing though.

Have fun I've been ****ing around. I said from the beginning I wasn't debating with them. Truth is, I do believe Batman beats Taskmaster and also Daredevil though. smile

Space M ummy
WOW this thread got off topic.

How did we get onto a "whose PIS feats are more impressive" debate? Look, we know that some characters- Wolverine and Batman in particular- are NOTORIOUS for beating people out of their league. Fun as it is to read the spiderman vs. firelord stuff when it happens in the comics, it isn't really relevant here. Batman would and should get flattened by wonder woman, superman, aquaman, or a team of titans under any reasonable circumstances.

Unfortunately, reasonable circumstances are what we use here for forum debates.

Getting back to the Taskmaster vs. Batman fight- using "reasonable circumstances", standard equipment for both characters, and no significant prep, it's very difficult to see how bruce pulls out a win.

In terms of skill, Taskmaster is superior. It's not a matter of who knows more martial arts (though Taskmaster has the advantage here) but who can adapt and counter an opposing style most efficiently. Keep in mind bruce is fighting a guy that can master styles that take years to learn in minutes flat, and knows dozens (if not more) that bruce has never seen, and can't easily counter.

In terms of standard equipment, Taskmaster is more heavily armed (guns, arrows, darts, swords), with better defenses (shields and image inducers.) Taskmaster also has perfect control over his vital organs (heartbeat, breathing, etc), and can shift his mannerisms and voice at will. If he wants to disappear and play cat-and-mouse, tracking him without a sense of super smell will be virtually impossible.

In terms of strength, both are assumed to be at peak human. There's no reason to assume either is significantly stronger than the other. In terms of agility, taskmaster has physical feats (some of his own, some by proxy) that put him just a bit beyond Bruce- and in the unlikely event Batman has crazy reflexes that surpass spiderman/daredevil/bullseye/Captain America (again, HIGHLY unlikely) those reflexes get copied and countered in a matter of minutes.

And laughing at the guy who says "batman fights dirtier." Tasky is a trained assassin-debatably marvel's best-and will not hesitate to permanently cripple or kill at a moment's notice. Batman is ALWAYS going to hold back from a fatal blow, and since bloodlust isn't on here, that's a mark against him.

A win by batman isn't impossible since it's his home turf, but without prep it's going to be damn hard. What exactly can bruce do that Tasky hasn't already seen before, or be able to adapt to in a matter of seconds?

Taskmaster 8 or 9/10 here, at least.

the ninjak
Yeah TaskMaster had a hard time against Finesse of the Avengers Academy. Like Echo.

Who is just another I can watch Bruce Lee movies and know everything about that skill.

TM may have good on hand weapons to deal with threats but Bruce has gadgets and the mastery of skills to bring him down.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by the ninjak
Yeah TaskMaster had a hard time against Finesse of the Avengers Academy. Like Echo.

Who is just another I can watch Bruce Lee movies and know everything about that skill.

TM may have good on hand weapons to deal with threats but Bruce has gadgets and the mastery of skills to bring him down.

Finesse is (possibly) his daughter, with the exact same skillset. Taskmaster knew this and wasn't out to kill her. I can't see how this is an argument in bruce's favor, since H2H (with no gadgets) Finesse would beat down bruce just as fast as Taskmaster would.

As for gadgets- I personally feel Taskmaster carries more on him than bruce does, thanks to carrying around copies of all of hawkeye's trick arrows, but I could be wrong. Which gadgets specifically do you think would give bruce an edge?

srankmissingnin
Finesse is (possibly) his daughter, with the exact same skillset. Taskmaster knew this and wasn't out to kill her. I can't see how this is an argument in bruce's favor, since H2H (with no gadgets) Finesse would beat down bruce just as fast as Taskmaster would.

As for gadgets- I personally feel Taskmaster carries more on him than bruce does, thanks to carrying around copies of all of hawkeye's trick arrows, but I could be wrong. Which gadgets specifically do you think would give bruce an edge?

On paper Taskmaster should probably win, but there are things that need to be considered that aren't as easy to quantify as strength, speed, accuracy, equipment or skill. If the OP stipulated that CIS was off, I think most people would throw their money behind Taskmaster winning, but as it stands the personalities of the characters are important and Taskmaster's greatest down fall is he lacks drive or motivation. When Batman's back is against the proverbial wall, he looks deep inside and pushes himself to a level he normally couldn't reach. When Taskmaster's back is against the same proverbial wall, he starts looking for an exit. Tasky is content to coast on neutral, and it isn't enough to beat Batman.

the ninjak
When Batman's back is against the proverbial wall, he looks deep inside and pushes himself to a level he normally couldn't reach. When Taskmaster's back is against the same proverbial wall, he starts looking for an exit. Tasky is content to coast on neutral, and it isn't enough to beat Batman.

Big thumbs up! Psychology plays a big factor in these fights.
Where TM is a psychopathic opportunist who finds openings then retreats.
Bruce is a masochistic idealist who will always push till he captures his man.

Space M ummy
On paper Taskmaster should probably win, but there are things that need to be considered that aren't as easy to quantify as strength, speed, accuracy, equipment or skill.

probably true, which is why I only gave taskmaster 8 or 9 out of 10 instead of 10/10. There's still the opportunity for bruce to do something amazing (given its his home turf, and his strength of character) but that's not going to be enough to take out someone who outclasses him in this way for the majority.

now this I disagree with. It depends on what his motivation is. When motivated, Taskmaster is EXTREMELY competent and competitive. sometimes this is money, sometimes it's reputation, sometimes he's fighting to hold onto his memories. Taskmaster doesn't have as many showings as batman does (obviously) but there's more than enough examples of him going head to head with opponents that should be extremely difficult fights and coming out ahead.

If you're attempting to paint Tasky as a coward who cuts and runs when things get difficult (keeping in mind that cutting and running isn't an option in a forum fight), you might want to take a closer look at the character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.