So.. being that the Odin headbutt was the first...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
physical blows exchanged by the two... Should it be considered Galactus Oneshotting Odin or Odin oneshotting himself... Thoughts and expand please...

Mindset
Idk, but it's hilarious.

CosmicComet
Odin one shotting himself.

Easily one of his best feats ever actually.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Odin one shotting himself.

Easily one of his best feats ever actually.

Only Odin can beat Odin.

vince_slice
It's official, Odin can easily one-shot high end skyfathers (i.e., himself). He's that powerful.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin was just feigning weakness.

zopzop
Meh, laugh. But he who laughs last, laughs best. This arc ain't over yet.

Odin held his own vs Galactus, that's more than anyone on these forums thought was gonna happen. Now let's see Big G vs Odin with the Destroyer.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by zopzop
Meh, laugh. But he who laughs last, laughs best. This arc ain't over yet.

Odin held his own vs Galactus, that's more than anyone on these forums thought was gonna happen. Now let's see Big G vs Odin with the Destroyer. Most people thought Odin was going to crush Galactus, but hoped Fraction wouldn't do that.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Most people thought Odin was going to crush Galactus, but hoped Fraction wouldn't do that.

This.

zopzop
Most people thought Odin was going to crush Galactus, but hoped Fraction wouldn't do that.

Check the Odin/Galactus thread plz, previews for issue 6 up. He may well yet crush Galactus! smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
You never learn.

Look at it this way, if you keep bragging, you'll jinx it. Just shut up and leave it alone until the issue comes out. Hopefully Odin will stomp Galactus and I can have my fun. *fingers crossed*

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You never learn.

Look at it this way, if you keep bragging, you'll jinx it. Just shut up and leave it alone until the issue comes out. Hopefully Odin will stomp Galactus and I can have my fun. *fingers crossed*

Jinx it? What are you 12 years old? You knew that idiot Fraction or whatever his name is was gonna drag this out, with them going back and forth before it all ended.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I just want you to stop. Whatever it takes.

zopzop
I just want you to stop. Whatever it takes.

Good grief, when did you become a superstitious infant?

Sr J-Bieb
Check the Odin/Galactus thread plz, previews for issue 6 up. He may well yet crush Galactus! smile I don't... care

I'm just correcting your statements

But, why do you love Tyrant so much, yet hate Galactus so much? I don't get it

zopzop
I don't... care

I'm just correcting your statements

But, why do you love Tyrant so much, yet hate Galactus so much? I don't get it

It's not about love/hate, they're freaking COMIC BOOK characters. It's about on panel vs opinions and hyperbole. I give Galactus props when he deserves it like I do other characters.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Good grief, when did you become a superstitious infant?

I want you to stop not because I'm superstitious but because it's annoying.

zopzop
I want you to stop not because I'm superstitious but because it's annoying.

Taking Odin's "side" in a VS forum is annoying? Galactus didn't do squat vs Odin. He could have reformed just as Galactus did but decided instead to enter the Destroyer, it's right there on panel. He went into Odinsleep because he god damn soul wasn't in his body, it was in the Destroyer. Isn't that what usually happens when a person's spirit enters the Destroyer, their body goes limp?

SuperiorTech
It's not about love/hate, they're freaking COMIC BOOK characters. It's about on panel vs opinions and hyperbole. I give Galactus props when he deserves it like I do other characters.

Nah you give him a lot of shit as you do with the Celestials it got to the point where I thought you have a vendetta going on against them or something.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Taking Odin's "side" in a VS forum is annoying? Galactus didn't do squat vs Odin. He could have reformed just as Galactus did but decided instead to enter the Destroyer, it's right there on panel. He went into Odinsleep because he god damn soul wasn't in his body, it was in the Destroyer. Isn't that what usually happens when a person's spirit enters the Destroyer, their body goes limp?

They way you do it is.

Speculation but that is a good point. Thor should be an expert on the Odin Sleep and so on but the body does go limp when one enters the Destroyer Armor.

zopzop
Thor should be an expert on the Odin Sleep ....

Look who is writing the comic, this idiot has them (Odin and Thor) acting like schitzos.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Look who is writing the comic, this idiot has them (Odin and Thor) acting like schitzos.

So you praise it for what you hope will be Odin > Galactus but then go around and call the writer an idiot for character portrayal? confused

zopzop
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
So you praise it for what you hope will be Odin > Galactus but then go around and call the writer an idiot for character portrayal? confused

Who is praising it? Reading comprehension fail on your part.

Sr J-Bieb
It's not about love/hate, they're freaking COMIC BOOK characters. It's about on panel vs opinions and hyperbole. I give Galactus props when he deserves it like I do other characters. Looks like you've taken it to a new level

You never give Galactus props though. He never deserves it apparently.

zopzop
Looks like you've taken it to a new level

You never give Galactus props though. He never deserves it apparently.

If Galactus wins, he gets props. You don't get props for losing fights or jobbing like an idiot. It's simple no?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Who is praising it? Reading comprehension fail on your part.

It's just the general opinion I've gotten about you over this entire subject as a whole, not from just this thread. *shrugs*

Mr.Mxyzptlk
If Galactus wins, he gets props. You don't get props for losing fights or jobbing like an idiot. It's simple no?

But you shouldn't get props if the fight should have had you the winner in the first place. Galactus maintaining supposed status quo of the Marvel cosmological hierarchy save in recent years shouldn't be prop worthy, it should bring hope that Marvel will stop the Earth god and skyfather wanking.

zopzop
It's just the general opinion I've gotten about you over this entire subject as a whole, not from just this thread. *shrugs*
Well you couldn't be more wrong. The writing sucks and the "fights" are a joke. The only thing I'm saying is that Galactus didn't blow Odin out of the water like most posters believed would happen prior to the fight.

But you shouldn't get props if the fight should have had you the winner in the first place. Galactus maintaining supposed status quo of the Marvel cosmological hierarchy save in recent years shouldn't be prop worthy, it should bring hope that Marvel will stop the Earth god and skyfather wanking.
Not really, as you can see for yourself, Galactus couldn't put down Odin and Odin couldn't put down Galactus. It was a stalemate. Much like the Thor/Surfer "fight".

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Well you couldn't be more wrong. The writing sucks and the "fights" are a joke. The only thing I'm saying is that Galactus didn't blow Odin out of the water like most posters believed would happen prior to the fight.

Opinions are neither right or wrong. I feel like you like that Odin is being shown above the power grade he should occupy. That's my opinion.

That in no way disputes what I said over the skyfather wanking.

vansonbee
Looks like Odin was about to headbutt Steve.

spoiler for fear 6
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/1981023-fearitself_6_preview3_super.jpg

zopzop
Originally posted by vansonbee
Looks like Odin was about to headbutt Steve.

spoiler for fear 6
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/1981023-fearitself_6_preview3_super.jpg
laughing

Mindset
I'm just glad Odin almost killed himself headbutting Galactus.

Galan007
^ And I'm just glad that Galactus got up none the worse for wear... As though Odin had only minorly inconvenienced him.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4962/themightythor5017.th.jpg

smile

Philosophía
The Thor fans are arguing that Odin won, or at least neither of them can claim a victory, on Alvaro's board.

Parmaniac
I also want to add that Carver was wrong on Thor busting through big Gs head, he if anything broke one of the "horns" of his helmet.

kevdude
That was hilarious, that was his great plan to stop Galactus?? Odin did more harm to himself then to Big G.

rolling on floor laughing

DickBlazer
I'd like to see odin get his ass handed to him but it won't happens because he has too many fanboys and big g tends to job

JakeTheBank
Hulk a lot of fanboys, more than Odin, I'd wager.

And he got obliterated by Zeus not too many moons ago. Having a strong fanbase doesn't give you a "shield" against getting your ass kicked.

SuperiorTech
http://thumbnails43.imagebam.com/14790/7b3eab147892410.jpg

Lol I didn't even see this with all the shit that is going down this is what catches his eye.

vansonbee
Originally posted by SuperiorTech

Lol I didn't even see this with all the shit that is going down this is what catches his eye. Its either mead or gals, finally Thor acting like a viking.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hulk a lot of fanboys, more than Odin, I'd wager.

And he got obliterated by Zeus not too many moons ago. Having a strong fanbase doesn't give you a "shield" against getting your ass kicked.
Only because the writer of that comic was also an Olympian fanboy.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Only because the writer of that comic was also an Olympian fanboy.

I would say he came to like Zeus and the Greek pantheon he may have already liked Hercules at the time but if you look at Hulk Vs. Hercules: When Titans Collide and how he portrayed Zeus it was pretty terrible.

the ninjak
Originally posted by SuperiorTech

Lol I didn't even see this with all the shit that is going down this is what catches his eye.

Well considering both Odin and Big G were knocked out on Earth there's not much else to look at.

Sundipped
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
physical blows exchanged by the two... Should it be considered Galactus Oneshotting Odin or Odin oneshotting himself... Thoughts and expand please...

Definitely Odin 1 shotting himself. Self explanitory.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Sundipped
Definitely Odin 1 shotting himself. Self explanitory.

They took each other down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.