Zatanna vs. Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mini Bennett
Zatanna battles Loki.

- Both are IC and blood lusted

- Battle takes place at Asgard

- Winner by knockout, TKO or death.

Who wins and why?

the ninjak
Loki.

Why? Cause he's in Asgard and has plenty of toys to play with.

JakeTheBank
Loki.

SuperiorTech
Loki but he would not walk all over her or anything.

Juntai
Tough, Zatanna is a freakin' monster.. I've read quite a few Thor comics in my day, but oddly, not many arcs that gave a solid idea of what Loki is capable of compared to her.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Juntai
Tough, Zatanna is a freakin' monster.. I've read quite a few Thor comics in my day, but oddly, not many arcs that gave a solid idea of what Loki is capable of compared to her.
I'm lazy, so:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t551221.html

JakeTheBank
Loki's actually a pretty frightening combatant when he actually is engaging in a battle. Forming various copies of himself, easily unleashing blasts capable of bowling over the entire Thor Corps, astral projection, illusion casting, shape shifting, superhuman base attributes, etc.

I think the fact that Z primarily invokes her spell through vocal incantations is something that Loki would definitely exploit to his advantage.

Glower
Loki gets ass kicked by the likes of rhino..z has this with ease wat a spite thread.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Glower
Loki gets ass kicked by the likes of rhino..z has this with ease wat a spite thread.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/LokisezLolwut.gif

Prep-Man
Z at the top of her game is more than capable of taking Loki.

JakeTheBank
And Loki at the top of his game isn't capable of taking Zatanna?

Prep-Man
Yep. But Zatanna's top spells could knock Loki for a loop. Just like she gone up against Zor or Starbreaker. Among others.

Mshinu
Loki kicks Fishnets` butt.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Yep. But Zatanna's top spells could knock Loki for a loop. Just like she gone up against Zor or Starbreaker. Among others.

Loki's gone up against Surtur and Dormammu among others, so the very same can be said for him.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
*waits for the inevitable bringing up of the PIS/Writer not doing the research of Earth-3 Zatanna rendering Mxy powerless by blocking access to "his magic"*

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Loki's gone up against Surtur and Dormammu among others, so the very same can be said for him.

Which is why I agreed with ya. But I think it's a toss up. Both are top tier mages. Loki's only clear advantage is prep.

Black bolt z
Loki but Z is putting up a fight.

JakeTheBank
Which is why I agreed with ya. But I think it's a toss up. Both are top tier mages. Loki's only clear advantage is prep.

Loki's a master of prep, yes, but he has more advantages over Z than that, I feel. His baseline stats are superhuman, and unlike Z, whose best spells require her speaking backwards, Loki doesn't need to do this to achieve his more potent effects.

vansonbee
With that motion ^ Loki stomps Z.

Prep-Man
Loki doesn't need to speak to perform her spells. Plus, even if she did, it would be fast enough.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Loki doesn't need to speak to perform her spells. Plus, even if she did, it would be fast enough.

laughing

JakeTheBank
I know Z doesn't need to speak backwards, but it's obvious that out of habit and in character that she will. And it's something that Loki can capitalize on. Zatanna will likely have to invoke, and thereby revealing all of her spell's effects to achieve the desired effects. Loki merely waves a hand or thinks something and it usually happens. Every play from Zatanna is going to be revealing just what she's doing. Zatanna is also, outside of specific spells to make up for this short coming, very human and fragile as compared to Loki.

the ninjak
Yeah Loki was hot as a woman.

Prep-Man
Like I said, it would be fast enough. She's already faced a crap load of mages that can do the same as Loki. A wave of the hand type of mages.

JakeTheBank
She's also had her mouth gagged or been unable to speak by mages before, as well, which makes her main avenue of spell craft a liability.

Prep-Man
I think in the last couple years, her powers has grown, though. That's where most of her high end spells come from.

Black bolt z
Zatanna is also, outside of specific spells to make up for this short coming, very human and fragile as compared to Loki. But couldn't she just do to him what she did with lobo as far as durability goes?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
To actually add to the debate:

Zatanna was pretty crippled combat-wise after Lobo dug that meat hook in her in Hell.

Loki isn't anywhere near that strong, but a nasty enough physical blow would probably end up giving him a very clear edge in the fight.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Black bolt z
But couldn't she just do to him what she did with lobo as far as durability goes?

She could, but Loki could just as easily cancel her spell placed on him.

The guy got his head cut off and was no worse for the wear, after all.

Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
To actually add to the debate:

Zatanna was pretty crippled combat-wise after Lobo dug that meat hook in her in Hell.

Loki isn't anywhere near that strong, but a nasty enough physical blow would probably end up giving him a very clear edge in the fight.

Loki's strength is still many many times higher than that of a non augmented human, which is enough to ensure that provided Z didn't amplify her normally human level stats, a physical blow from Loki would kill her outright.

the ninjak
Loki's strength is still many many times higher than that of a non augmented human, which is enough to ensure that provided Z didn't amplify her normally human level stats, a physical blow from Loki would kill her outright.

True with a well placed mouth clamp spell. And the skills he used to take down the Disir who rampaged Asgard and Hell. Loki is amongst the finest warriors of Asgard.

Loki rules this fight.

TheLordofMurder

Wrong...

Loki has a huge durability advantage as well...

If Loki fights her as he fought Surtur, then Loki beats her every single time...

Prep-Man
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder Wrong... Loki has a huge durability advantage as well... If Loki fights her as he fought Surtur, then Loki beats her every single time...

but this more than likely wont be a physical fight. and z has a bunch of spells that can put loki down. it takes a toll, but she can do it.

Harbinger
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Wrong...

Loki has a huge durability advantage as well...

If Loki fights her as he fought Surtur, then Loki beats her every single time... That's like me saying, "If Zatanna fights Loki the way she did Starbreaker, she wins every single time."

Given the stips, Loki takes the majority. Z takes a few via her higher end spells.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.