Darth Sion vs Darth Krayt (post-rebirth)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
Could Mr. I-control-Life-and-Death take down Mr. I-can't-die?

Nephthys
What was Krayts way to cheat death? Wasn't it just souped up Force Healing?

But I've heard some good things about Krayt.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys

Pretty much and unlike Sion's it has clear limits as we see with Azlyn Rae.

Q99

But I've heard some good things about Krayt.

He learned Cade's 'dark transfer' ability between experience with Cade and Muur's power, but can do it on himself even after nominal death.

And like Cade, he can use it on someone's shatterpoints to kill them.

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
He learned Cade's 'dark transfer' ability between experience with Cade and Muur's power, but can do it on himself even after nominal death.

No he can't. He never truly died. He just drove his life force deep within himself.

Q99
Originally posted by ares834
No he can't. He never truly died. He just drove his life force deep within himself.

Hence "nominal." He can suffer majorly fatal wounds like a lightsaber through the heart and people in the force will even *sense* his death, but he'll come back.

He's not as un-hurtable as Sion, but he can also use the power to kill others, which might do a number on Sion.

Q99
Any other thoughts?

Stealth Moose
Sion's weakness isn't explored. It's apparent that he can hold himself together despite having thousands of fractures, and only his (completely confusing) affection for the Exile allowed his will to be eroded. Plot Induced Weakness aside, in a straight up fight I don't see Sion falling apart for anyone unless they really, really work creatively, like pinning him under a rock for example.

Turr_Phennir
That and the only places that Sion survived death were locations unusually strong with the dark side. (At least as far as I remember.) And Sion makes note of this in his confrontation with the Exile.

Stealth Moose
Sion survived on board the Republic ship too. Clearly, his ability to hold his body together is not reliant on Dark Side planets and places.

Turr_Phennir
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Sion survived on board the Republic ship too.

He was cut down there? I can't remember.

Nephthys
Wasn't he dead before they brought him on board or something?

Stealth Moose
Yeah, he was clinically dead when brought on board, and he reknit himself and broke free, killing tons of folks onboard.

Turr_Phennir
I must consult ze videos.

Nephthys
And wasn't he still on Paragus when it went all explodey?

Stealth Moose
The holorecordings of the ship's doctor indicate Sion's body is broken in over a thousand places.

Turr_Phennir
SM
The holorecordings of the ship's doctor indicate Sion's body is broken in over a thousand places.

I preface this with the casual admission that Wookieepedia does not a canon source make, but upon the possibility that the information is correct:

^^ This indicates that the medical staff could not determine whether or not Sion was dead and that he was placed in a kolto tank, which is known for its regenerative medical properties. I would consult ze videos, but I'm 32 minutes into a debate between Christopher Hitchens and William Lane Craig.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Turr_Phennir
I preface this with the casual admission that Wookieepedia does not a canon source make, but upon the possibility that the information is correct:

^^ This indicates that the medical staff could not determine whether or not Sion was dead and that he was placed in a kolto tank, which is known for its regenerative medical properties. I would consult ze videos, but I'm 32 minutes into a debate between Christopher Hitchens and William Lane Craig.

The holovid (Not Wookieepedia, derp) clearly states that the "thousand fractures" confound the doctor, and they say they cannot understand how " body can stay in one piece". Obviously Sion is holding his jigsawed body together, kolto or no. And since kolto regenerates damaged tissue, I don't see how it actually helped Sion, seeing as he looked like Pinhead's ass for all his damage.

Turr_Phennir
czXF1zT6tsE&feature=channel_video_title

It took me a while to find this, but beginning at the 18:54 mark, the medical officer is unable to determine whether or not Sion is dead. Given the nature of his state, it seems to fall more in line with a standard hibernation trance utilized by Jedi and Sith alike throughout the saga. I'd need to see the evidence of where he is medically dead and simply used the Force to reanimate himself. His dialogue throughout the game indicates that such a power is present solely when he is on a location strong with the dark side.

Stealth Moose
czXF1zT6tsE&feature=channel_video_title

It took me a while to find this, but beginning at the 18:54 mark, the medical officer is unable to determine whether or not Sion is dead. Given the nature of his state, it seems to fall more in line with a standard hibernation trance utilized by Jedi and Sith alike throughout the saga. I'd need to see the evidence of where he is medically dead and simply used the Force to reanimate himself. His dialogue throughout the game indicates that such a power is present solely when he is on a location strong with the dark side.

It's very plausible that he was in a trance as opposed to clinically dead. I don't see a point to argue conclusively either way.

However, the fact that he uses the Force to keep his body from say, falling apart at the molecular level speaks to his power over the ability.

Turr_Phennir
lol i win hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha u suck

Stealth Moose
lol i win hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha u suck

http://i51.tinypic.com/2u9tooi.jpg

Q99
Though if he was even temporarily dead suggests it's less strong away from a place strong in the dark side (which admittedly doesn't apply if he's in a trance).

I do wonder if dark transfer could force him to 'let go'.

Q99
Oh yes, one more power he has: Force illusion. Just like the one that Wyyrlok used to kill Andeddu.

Think that'd work on Sion?

Stealth Moose
Considering Kreia hid from him in plain sight... no wait, I'm just kidding.

Q99
Not as a hiding thing, but to mess with his mind and make him vulnerable like the Exile did.

Stealth Moose
I was thinking about in Peragus.

Lightsnake
Wait, couldn't Krayt just use his shatterpoint kill to break Sion?

Q99
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Wait, couldn't Krayt just use his shatterpoint kill to break Sion?

It does strike me as likely. I'm not sure if Sion could survive that.

Lightsnake
h, we know everything has a shatterpoint. We saw Cade use it to destroy Karness Muur's spirit at that

Stealth Moose
You're kidding me, right? Then Cade beats everyone? Because if shatterpoint = license to shatter anything, by all means Mace Windu and Cade Skywalker would be the most undefeatable characters in the series.

truejedi
caedus and jaina and luke have shatterpoint.

Lightsnake
You're kidding me, right? Then Cade beats everyone? Because if shatterpoint = license to shatter anything, by all means Mace Windu and Cade Skywalker would be the most undefeatable characters in the series.

It's kind of a plot point how utterly broken Cade's power is. Yes, he can use it to kill nearly anyone he sets his mind to without a proper defense, including Karness Muur's spirit.

Krayt is quite possibly more adept with it

ares834
It's kind of a plot point how utterly broken Cade's power is. Yes, he can use it to kill nearly anyone he sets his mind to without a proper defense, including Karness Muur's spirit.

He used it to break Karness Muur's talisman not his spirit. Furthermore, it's not neccesarily an instant kill as it would appear he has to pour his energy into his opponent... At close range to.

When did Krayt exhibit the ability to use shatterpoint?

Dr McBeefington
After his rebirth.

ares834
I meant what did he do with it and in what issue?

Q99
Furthermore, it's not neccesarily an instant kill as it would appear he has to pour his energy into his opponent... At close range to.

Yes, it's hardly an invincible power since you need to get a hand on someone. Still, it's a powerful ability.

When he used Dark Transfer to kill Cade in Legacy War #6, he talked about how it was by pouring the force into his shatterpoints to kill and heal.

How strong someone's Dark Transfer is seems to depend on how well they can see shatterpoints. Cade when he was with the Sith said he couldn't unjumble Krayts because there were too many, for example, though both he and Krayt surpassed that level later.

Q99
So... does anyone think Sion has a chance? Or are we pretty clear that Krayt can deal with his immortality with superior powers?

Turr_Phennir
Sion's from the the Old Republic era. Why wouldn't he win?

Zampanó
Sion's from the the Old Republic era. Why wouldn't he win?

Remember, Sion hunted down Jedi who survived the Civil War. This means that he is much more used to fighting lightsaber-wielding foes. Additionally, there has been less time for Revan's techniques and teachings to be lost.

Stealth Moose

Turr_Phennir
Both serious.

Lightsnake

Stealth Moose
I don't mean to be pedantic, but Krayt's master was one of the original Sith, Xoxaan. That says a hell of a lot for him.

We've seen Krayt defeat a bevy of skilled enemies as well (Darth Wyyrlok, Cade Skywalker, etc) and cut down four Imperial knights simultaneously, including a rather high ranking one. But...mooks, yes. Who of note has Sion killed on his own?

Half the Jedi Order.

lol

Q99

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
So... does anyone think Sion has a chance? Or are we pretty clear that Krayt can deal with his immortality with superior powers?

I have always argued that Sion's powers originate from darkside nexuses.

"As long as the dark places of this world (Malachor V) flow through the cracks of my flesh, I can not be killed."

So unless this fight takes place on such a planet I'd say Krayt. If the fight was on Korriban, I wouldn't think he could somehow overpower Sion's powers.

Half the Jedi Order.

lol

Doubtful. IIRC, after the Jedi Civil War there were only about a hundred Jedi survivors. Most were killed at Katarr.

Turr_Phennir
thumb up

With regards to Sion's immortality.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Q99
And Krayt ran his own purge, as well as being one of the Clone War's better lightsaber fighters in his youth.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66907/1540878-star_wars_legacy__14_17_super.jpg

lol

http://www.tensionnot.com/pictures/images/Graffiti/Why-So-Serious.jpg

For the record, I was joking.

ares834
I figured. But posted just in case. stick out tongue

Stealth Moose
Also, I think the numbers of the Jedi Order went from 10k to about 250-300 before the Katarr incident. It's not stated explicitly how many died on Katarr, but I doubt it was even half of that number. A small conclave visited; the majority of the casualties were Miralukans.

Dr McBeefington
Kreia stated that barely 100 jedi remained AFTER the JCW.

ares834
Also, I think the numbers of the Jedi Order went from 10k to about 250-300 before the Katarr incident.

Yeah, like Mcbeefy said, Kreia says only around 100 hundred were left after the JCW.

I don't have my KotOR campaign guide on me right now, but at one point is says most of the one hundred remaining Jedi were killed at Katarr.

Edit: I think it was in Vandar's information.

Stealth Moose

Q99
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66907/1540878-star_wars_legacy__14_17_super.jpg

lol

Yea, note how it's force, not saber that does the job smile Hett was pretty high-level with a saber at the time.

And of course Krayt's more experienced, massively stronger in the force, then gets to learn shatterpoints and all that on top.

Even if he attacked his mind?

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, note how it's force, not saber that does the job smile Hett was pretty high-level with a saber at the time.

Jan says he cut of his arm with his saber.

http://www.comicscommunity.com/boards/janduursema/?read=9780&expand=0

It could be possible. I just don't see it happening.

Nephthys
Jan says he cut of his arm with his saber.

http://www.comicscommunity.com/boards/janduursema/?read=9780&expand=0

Did Jan write the comic or something? Because otherwise he/she is flat out wrong.

Or pretty crappy at making things clear to the audience.

RE: Blaxican
It's so obvious that Obi-Wan blew his arm off. There is literally nothing the motion there that implies he cut it off.

ares834
Did Jan write the comic or something? Because otherwise he/she is flat out wrong.

Or pretty crappy at making things clear to the audience.

Jan's the artist. no expression

Yes, it's not clear but her intention was that Obi-Wan cut of his arm.

Nephthys
Jan's the artist. no expression

Yes, it's not clear but her intention was that Obi-Wan cut of his arm.

Well she failed at sequential storytelling with that one. If shed meant that she should of made it, well I can't say clearer because literally nothing but her word points to it being cut off. So she should have redrew the thing. At least show some cauterisation or something. Why the hell would Kenobi even need to force push an already severed arm? Is he afraid it'll go Evil Dead on him or something?

So what do we think is the canon f this? Did Kenobi cut it off like the artist said or did he push it off like it looks?

Q99
There's obviously some force used in any case, and "Gave Obi-wan at his best a tough fight 140 years before becoming far stronger," is not a negative mark on the resume.

He does have that same force-illusion thing going for him of the type that Wyyrlok used to actually kill Andeddu. It's a rather strong power.

Zampanó
(not serious)

Lord Lucien
*Mega sigh*

Zampanó
Darth Krayt is non canon. So is Sion. There can only be two Sith at a time; one master, and one apprentice, and Krayt has several Sith underlings while Sion is one of three Sith Lords (masters) who have hundreds of minions. Obviously both go against what George LucasYoda say about the Sith. And anyone who says Yoda is not omniscient speaks poorly. And is a butt.

(I didn't like this thread to begin with.)

Nephthys
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/6/29/39c16879-cb0a-4a83-9e03-9484739fd9e1.jpg

We're not allowed to joke anymore bro.

Lord Lucien
I think Darth Krayt is canon. Cade Skywalker isn't though. He's the product of a romantic relationship between two Jedi, which is something that can not happen, ever. So sayeth the Spider.

Zampanó
RotJ is non canon because Leia, a Force Sensitive, has emotional feelings for both Luke and Han, but does not fall to the dark side.

Interestingly, Dark Empire is no non-canon, because it shows Luke falling to the dark side: a clear consequence of his attachments. To C3PO.

Lord Lucien
It also shows Leia pregnant with her third child with someone she loves. A violation of Geodas' sacred words: "Love bad, fear of Dark good."

Nephthys
I get the feeling the battle bar will be closed for some time.

But we should stay on topic. I don't think Krayt can use shatterpoint to permenently kill Sion.

Lord Lucien
Why do I get the feeling we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?

Dr McBeefington
This is what this forum is starting to look like..

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkx3z6ZrZQ1qfb6lco1_500.jpg

Sin City?

Nephthys
Nazi Germany?

Gideon's essay will be the Jews.

That's Stalin up there.

Dr McBeefington
Idiots. Anyways, it makes you think how this country might have turned out had the British conquered us. Just saying.

Nephthys
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
That's Stalin up there.

I know.

Apparantly we really cant joke anymore.

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Idiots. Anyways, it makes you think how this country might have turned out had the British conquered us. Just saying.

Better in every way? Well duh.

Zampanó
USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

laughing

Has anyone seen REXXX lately?

I feel like he should know what's goin down.

Lord Lucien

Turr_Phennir
Lord Lucien
He's like the Hexadecimal to Ush's Megabyte.

Hexadecimal was more powerful than Megabyte and wasn't loyal to him.

Zampanó
Man, I never did watch that show. Link/name?

(In return I can offer a link to the PBSkids show "cyberchase"wink

Turr_Phennir
ReBoot, one of the first TV shows I fell in love with.

Zampanó
that's it.

Well, here's your rewards:
http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/

...i hope you like it?

Lord Lucien
Hexadecimal was more powerful than Megabyte and wasn't loyal to him. Exactly!

Nephthys
All I've done so far is play with the noises the bottons make.

SIDIOUS 66
Does Raz still login?

Nephthys
Not really.

SIDIOUS 66
So the canon policy of this forum is 'Mod's opinion is canon'?

Nephthys
SW canon? Fvck no.

But mods have all the power here.

Turr_Phennir
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Exactly!

no expression

Back on the off-topic, ReBoot is great. Megabyte is one of the best baddies evar.

SIDIOUS 66
Power Rangers was better.

Nephthys
History of Power Rangers was betterer.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
So the canon policy of this forum is 'Mod's opinion is canon'?

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3218/siegr.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit: Jesus Christ, he closed the Battle Bar? What's next? Work camps?

Dr McBeefington
That kind of talk is dangerous, comrade.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
That kind of talk is dangerous, comrade.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4489/breadq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Q99

Ushgarak
Closed due to poster behaviour.

Bans will be given out if people cause threads to be closed again in this manner. You are behaving like idiots.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.