Wolverine with the Power Gem runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Wolverine with the Power Gem runs the Gauntlet

No prep. no bfr. logan knows how to use the gem expertly & gets full recovery between each fight. no gem removal allowed. how far does he get?

1. colossus (original)
2. the thing (original)
3. red hulk
4. wonder woman
5. doomsday
6. thor
7. worthy hulk
8. current hulk

Parmaniac
Threads with gems are usually shitty, noone really knows how to measure the gems power output. By description he clears, probably even by most current portrayal. He stops at Spider-man though.

Black bolt z
As for the thread he clears it. He knows how to use it expertly. Given that no one here has enough power to take him out.

Harbinger
Given the "use it expertly" stip, it doesn't really matter who the wielder is. It could be Donald Duck, and he'd clear it.

JakeTheBank
For reference sake, the Hood, who was repeated described a n00b with the gems, wrecked Rulk pretty easily.

He stops at Diana, though. PG or no, Logan can't respond to the lasso.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
For reference sake, the Hood, who was repeated described a n00b with the gems, wrecked Rulk pretty easily.

He stops at Diana, though. PG or no, Logan can't respond to the lasso. He could break it.

Omega Vision

He stops at Diana, though. PG or no, Logan can't respond to the lasso.
I can totally see a Logan writer contriving a reason for why the Lasso doesn't work on him...some kind of soul version of the 'psychic scars' and 'feral rage' that give him his tp immunity. ermm

Originally posted by Black bolt z
He could break it.
That's cute.

Edit: Thanos with PG broke Cap's shield...but not everyone who has the PG is Thanos or capable of reaching his levels during a fight. IIRC the gems don't start with you having infinite might, just some vague amp.

JakeTheBank
He could break it.

Maybe if he was backed by the Reality Gem.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Thats Cute

Edit: Thanos with PG broke Cap's shield...but not everyone who has the PG is Thanos or capable of reaching his levels during a fight. IIRC the gems don't start with you having infinite might, just some vague amp. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Maybe if he was backed by the Reality Gem. I don't see why he couldn't if he knew how to expertly use the power gem. Given these stips I just don't see how anyone here can stop him in any way. Expertly using the PG is a huge advantage.

JakeTheBank
I don't see how the Power Gem by itself would offer some kind of spiritual/psyche defense from the lasso.

Black bolt z
I don't see how the Power Gem by itself would offer some kind of spiritual/psyche defense from the lasso. What exactly could the lasso do to him though?

Forget him breaking out. How could she hurt him in the first place? Logan's innate healign factor boosted by expert use of the power gem. He would heal anything she could dish out in a second. Not to mention extra power behind adamantium claws and the fact that hes not slow in the first place

JakeTheBank
What exactly could the lasso do to him though?

Forget him breaking out. How could she hurt him in the first place? Logan's innate healign factor boosted by expert use of the power gem. He would heal anything she could dish out in a second. Not to mention extra power behind adamantium claws and the fact that hes not slow in the first place

Ravage his soul/have him experience incredible psychic backlash.

Diana could just fly over him, hogtie him, and that'd be the end of it. Without the lasso, she'd wind up losing to him, though.

Omega Vision
I don't see why he couldn't if he knew how to expertly use the power gem. Given these stips I just don't see how anyone here can stop him in any way. Expertly using the PG is a huge advantage.
Lol. I think given how variable the PG is, even granting that Logan knows how to use it doesn't guarantee that he'd be able to physically break the lasso with it.
Ravage his soul/have him experience incredible psychic backlash.

Diana could just fly over him, hogtie him, and that'd be the end of it. Without the lasso, she'd wind up losing to him, though.
I'd be willing to bet that many on this forum think that Wonder Woman needs her lasso to beat regular Logan.

Parmaniac
Lol. I think given how variable the PG is, even granting that Logan knows how to use it doesn't guarantee that he'd be able to physically break the lasso with it. By description yes he should.

See my first post here though.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Parmaniac
By description yes he should.

See my first post here though.
By description?

Black bolt z
Lol. I think given how variable the PG is, even granting that Logan knows how to use it doesn't guarantee that he'd be able to physically break the lasso with it.

I'd be willing to bet that many on this forum think that Wonder Woman needs her lasso to beat regular Logan. What parm said.

And I don't think she'd need her lasso to beat regular logan. But this not being regular logan she will lose with it.

JakeTheBank
I'd be willing to bet that many on this forum think that Wonder Woman needs her lasso to beat regular Logan.

Of that, I have no doubt.

Parmaniac
By description? There are pages where every gem gets a decription I don't have them at hand though.

It more or less says that the gem (Power) draws power from the ends of infinity or something.

IIRC it was when Thanos completed his IG

-Pr-

Which is retarded, obviously.

Harbinger
At the very least, there seems to be a sizable minority that thinks Diana would lose to skilled metas like Gorgon/Logan/Creed given the right stips (see the Gorgon/WW thread where Bruce confused Mirror Master for the Flash).

Omega Vision
There are pages where every gem gets a decription I don't have them at hand though.

It more or less says that the gem (Power) draws power from the ends of infinity or something.

IIRC it was when Thanos completed his IG
The word for that is hyperbole.
Originally posted by Harbinger
At the very least, there seems to be a sizable minority that thinks Diana would lose to skilled metas like Gorgon/Logan/Creed given the right stips (see the Gorgon/WW thread where Bruce confused Mirror Master for the Flash).
Which is all kinds of retarded considering of all Heralds she's probably the best suited to utterly destroying them given that she's highly skilled AND super fast and super strong.

Parmaniac
The word for that is hyperbole. You can argue about that for eternity, same for "mastering" a gem and such shit, I stand with my first comment that threads with infinity gems are shitty. Especially after a noob like Parker Robbins displayed better feats than people with actual experience with the gems.

Black bolt z
The word for that is hyperbole.
Be that as it may I still don't understand how he would lose.

Omega Vision
Be that as it may I still don't understand how he would lose.
Because being super strong isn't enough to resist the lasso.

It's worked on Living Fiction (Queen of Fables) and even temporarily bound Darkseid during Final Crisis.

It failed once on Deathstroke, but coming from a Slade fanboy that was a steaming pile of PIS.

Black bolt z
Because being super strong isn't enough to resist the lasso.

It's worked on Living Fiction (Queen of Fables) and even temporarily bound Darkseid during Final Crisis.

It failed once on Deathstroke, but coming from a Slade fanboy that was a steaming pile of PIS. She also has the problem of getting the lasso on him. Wondy doesn't always get an auto win when she has the lasso because she has to get it on them.

JakeTheBank
She's lasso'd beings far faster than Logan.

Harbinger
She's lasso'd beings far faster than Logan. Bullshit.

-Pr-
Bullshit.

How?

Harbinger
Originally posted by -Pr-
How? Because no one moves faster than Logan?

The "bullshit" comment was a joke, btw.

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

I was concerned for a second.

-Pr-
Because no one moves faster than Logan?

The "bullshit" comment was a joke, btw.

laughing out loud

I was concerned for a second.

Black bolt z
She's lasso'd beings far faster than Logan. Such as?

And I expect her lassoing people that are trying to avoid being lasso'd. Not like if she lasso's superman while hes standing still.

Sr J-Bieb
Such as?

And I expect her lassoing people that are trying to avoid being lasso'd. Not like if she lasso's superman while hes standing still. Stop

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Stop

Hammer time?

Harbinger
Such as?
lol

JakeTheBank
Such as?

And I expect her lassoing people that are trying to avoid being lasso'd. Not like if she lasso's superman while hes standing still.

People like Cheetah, Zoom, Silver Swan, Jesse Quick, Captain Marvel, etc?

It goes without saying that Diana is more than skilled and fast enough to lasso Logan if she wants to. I don't see how that's even debatable, really.

jalek moye
Does the power gem control speed also or is that just space gem?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by jalek moye
Does the power gem control speed also or is that just space gem? Only strength and durability

Eternal Idol
Clears it.

Omega Vision
Only strength and durability
And blasting power, right?

Parmaniac
And blasting power, right? I'm not sure about that, the only times I can remember people using it they used strength only.

Where the hell are all these IG people when you need them.

wildernesss
I don't think it allowed for energy projection unless the character already had that ability; in which case it obviously strengthened that ability.

Eternal Idol
I'm not sure about that, the only times I can remember people using it they used strength only.

Where the hell are all these IG people when you need them. I thought the Power Gem could be used to amp any physical ability, not just strength and durability?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I thought the Power Gem could be used to amp any physical ability, not just strength and durability? What other types of physical abilities are threre? Speed? I can't recall I single character being faster after using the gem.

wildernesss
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I thought the Power Gem could be used to amp any physical ability, not just strength and durability?

the PG strengthened the other infinity gems when used together.

Eternal Idol
What other types of physical abilities are threre? Speed? I can't recall I single character being faster after using the gem. Yeah, was thinking it could be used for speed/agility. Haven't seen anyone use it for speed either, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.