NJO character pictures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
If you like NJO go here....at least for the pretty pictures

http://www.starwars.com/databank/news/2003/03/news20030313.html

GordonSkywalker
Cool pics! I like Mara Jade's the best! big grin

Corran
I like Jaina

GordonSkywalker
She is cute.

Captain REX
Is it a new databank entry? If not, I've seen them before...

GordonSkywalker
Ah, Mara Jade, the redhaired strong and opinionated wife to Luke Skywalker...

Julie
I like most of the pics but KYp looks dumb....I like Jaina too, but that's becuase the picture looks sort of as I'd imagined her....and who's with Anakin? Is that Tahiri? I think they did a very nice job on most of the pics

Julie
anakin's kinda hot:-)

LanceWindu
Hey you're supposed to think I'm hot.

Julie
:-)
What are you doing up so late?????

GordonSkywalker
Jaina is very cute. Has anyone here read Dark Journey? I think it's supposed to be more about her than the other NJO characters.And could someone please tell me what happened to her brothers Anakin and Jacen???

Julie
Uh how many NJO books have you read.....VERY BIG SPOILER.....DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU REEEEAAAALLLYYYY NEED TO KNOW THE FATE OF JAINA'S BROTHERS Anakin died in Star By Star and Jacen is still around...he went through his own trials and made it back currently he's off still fighting

GordonSkywalker
Thanks for the info, Julie! The most recent booksI have read are Edge of VictoryI and Balance Point and that was early last year I think. So yes I am out of date! embarrasment

Julie
It's ok....I'm sure you've got plenty of time to catch up on the NJO.....the series is set to end this year I think...
Besides they're all worth reading....personally I think they get better as the time goes on.....you also might want to listen to the CDs sometime

GordonSkywalker
Okay!

Julie
They are kind of long, but you might be able to find them at a library some time....I think the one for Destiny's Way was about 6 hours long...it was abridged though and they cut out a scene I liked

LanceWindu
I hate the abriged versions.

GordonSkywalker
I just got back from the local bookstore. I purchased Force Heretic I:Remnant and plan to start reading it tonight. I also see they're ending the NJO series this November.

LanceWindu
Yeah sadly. sad

but I can't wait to see what they have planned for post NJO.

GordonSkywalker
Same here. I think NJO was a daring series that took the characters in the Star Wars universe to new heights. It will be strange once it has concluded. But on the positive side of things, hopefully they will come up with something as cool.

Julie
I'm not sure...I think they wanted to do some other eras first...it might be cool if they did another long tag team type series though.....even if it wasn't post NJO

GordonSkywalker
Like that 'four generations' book I hear about? Starting with Dooku's apprenticeship and ending with Anakin's?

Julie
Yeah that kind of thing....but I was thinking of the NJO stylistic approach....you know big overarcing storyline and individual stories....
I believe the 4 generations is a good idea but I don't know how long they could drag out a series of those

GordonSkywalker
Yes it could get a bit redundent

Julie
indeed.....now that I htink about it....if they make it one really long book it may just be hardcover, but who knows...depends on how much money they want...I think I'm addicted to buying star wars books now and they know it!

GordonSkywalker
I have spent ludicrous amounts of money on STar Wars books before. They can see me coming a mile away!

Julie
well I rotate...book store that is....amazon .com and borders and walden books and all sorts of other places....so no one place has a fix on me
but mostly I buy star wars books so ....well I'll enjo it why it lasts before I get to the real world and have to pay bills

GordonSkywalker
Yes, bills are such a pain!

Julie
I wouldn't know too much about that yet thank goodness, but I'm sure I shall one day

BTW, who is your favorite NJO character???

GordonSkywalker
Mara Jade Skywalker. Without a doubt.

Corran
It's a lose call between Mara and Jaina

Julie
huh.....so pick one.....

Corran
OK, OK little miss pushy I choose Jaina.

GordonSkywalker
She is cute-looking, isn't she?

Julie
yes yes....and thank you Corran...see you can make good decisions:-)
If only all of life's questions could be dealt with so easily.

GordonSkywalker
Yes, like just what am I going to eat for dinner?....or will I feel like playing with my cat later?.....

Julie
yea...all the deep philisophical questions....
BTW what color are Jaina's eyes???

GordonSkywalker
Uh....I don't know. Aren't they brown or something?

Julie
I dunno...I really couldn't tell from the picture..and I forget the info I've read in books....I would asume that they are brown.....but who knows?

GordonSkywalker
I think they're brown.

Julie
ok.....that would make sense...I think Leia and Han have brownish eyes...correct me if I'm wrong.....

GordonSkywalker
According to my avatar, Han has brown eyes.

Julie
Ah ha....so that's where you get all your info:-)
good good....los ojos castanos

GordonSkywalker
I just switched back to the Qui-Gon Jinn avatar after trying Han Solo. I finally found the way to choose(and change!) the avatars around here. By the way, what does that mean-the strange words you said in another language?

Julie
that's spanish...and I said brown eyes

GordonSkywalker
You can speak spanish? Cool!

Corran
I'm vegetarian, I can speak Spinach.

GordonSkywalker
Very funny, Corran! That's a good one!

Julie
uh....correction I am trying to learn to speak spanish this is only my second semester and likely to be the second-to last semester...I';d like to get a minor in it, but I have too many other courses I need to take

GordonSkywalker
Yes, college life sounds busy. I have friends who have gone through such courses.

Julie
yup busy....but my freshman year is quickly coming to a close...so exciting at the same time I suppose.....it's full of new experiences.....

GordonSkywalker
New experiences are what makes the world go round.

Julie
well some of the experiences are nice and others I can do without....like getting in a car accident.....that I can definately do without

GordonSkywalker
Well yeah, that goes without saying.

Julie
well some may say that it could be an edifying experience...you know make one think about the preciousness of life....and how it feels to uh ....it's just an icky feeling

GordonSkywalker
I know what you mean.

Julie
ya never know what some people will say in reaction to certain painful experiences

GordonSkywalker
I think I can guess.

Julie
guess away

GordonSkywalker
They get judgmental because they assume they would act differently than you if faced with the same experience or decision. Am I warm?

Julie
probably.....who knows....people react differently.....to the same situations even...but let's turn to happier thoughts

GordonSkywalker
Sure. I saw a whole bunch of new Star Wars comics at the bookstore yesterday. Took a lot of will power to resist the voices that said to buy them! big grin

Julie
wow.....I think I would just have bought them stick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
Probably give in to them tomorrow.

Julie
cool.....it's alright...so long as all the bills are paid....star wars stuff takes precedence....oh and I suppose food ought to be up there too:-)

GordonSkywalker
I really shouldn't go without food....I'll starve to death or something! Star Wars stuff is a close second priority for me though.

Julie
ah so true...so really it's 3rd...after food and bills....you need electricity to see the collection at night.

GordonSkywalker
I need electricity to keep warm and to use an a/c when it's too hot indoors!

Julie
ah such things we must deal with ...just to live...let alone to enjoy our massive star wars collections:-0

GordonSkywalker
laughing out loud

Julie
but that's the kind of problem I like dealing with

GordonSkywalker
Same here.

Julie
it only all of life's problems were that nice.....*sigh* ...wishful thinking

GordonSkywalker
Life is tolerable when you have something like Star Wars in it. big grin

Julie
life's always been tolerable...just has a few downs here and there...but yes star wars does indeed make it more interesting and entertaining

GordonSkywalker
Right now Star Wars is almost paramount in my mind. I am excited about the Shatterpoint novel I keep hearing about. I think it is coming out soon. Mace Windu is a cool Jedi Master. I imagine there will be a gap after NJO concludes, so that is why the Clone Wars are now being dramatized for us fans.

Julie
most star wars books and any kind of dramatizations are good

SlayerChick1188
I found a pretty cool image of the main NJO characters while surfing around...

Rogue Jedi
cool pic!!!!!

Julie
it's certainly an interesting pic......mara looks kinda funny, but hey the newest covers are really really really scarey looking,...so this aint bad

Dexx
so who's that fatso betwen mara and leia. It couldn't be corran..no, he has a beard..or had

SlayerChick1188
laughing out loud actually, im pretty sure thats supposed to be Luke...he is getting along in age, you know...

Dexx
get outa here...luke??? my god

Captain REX
That IS Luke!!! He's been eating out again, hasn't he?

Han looks like stick standing next to Chewie.

Celsius
Wow!!! these are prety cool. but my fact file has most of em.

Jaina is HOT!!!

Celsius
Corran is much shorther as well. i believe that he is something like 5 foot or a little more.

Julie
ah yes the short jedi.....pilot....
they did a nice job with the pics.

yerssot
there are pics in the factfile, are those posted yet?

Julie
I don't know.....what factfile?????

yerssot
star wars factfile; unavailable in the US though (they ARE available in the UK)

Julie
oh well that would explain a thing or two about why I've never heard of them

yerssot
though they did mention it on sw.c wink

Julie
yes.....I haven't been to the main site in awhile...may go hyperspace soon though.
anyway....what's to become of the characters of the NJO?????

yerssot
they stay alife I take, there's a book planned that takes place somewhere after NJO

Julie
wahoo.....that's good news....we want as many books as they can make.....so have you read the entire NJO....do you own it......for rereading purposes

yerssot
sorry, incorrect from me... Zahn is making a trilogy that's set after NJO (or so they told me)

I have every book of NJO starting from Rebirth (last I have is Heretic III), doubt I will have time to reread much as I am currently reading Shatterpoint; followed by Heretic II and III (with uni starting soon)

Celsius
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????????? They dont make it in the US? blink They are losing A LOT of money.

yerssot
that's what Rick McCallum said in one of those JC questions, just no time for time for some reason

Julie
oh don't worry...they're doing fine in the moneymaking quest in the U.S.

yerssot
they were thinking of releasing it after Ep III I Think

Julie
releasing what......they should have more character books....with nicer pics

yerssot
the fact files

Julie
huh?......factfiles......that sounds familiar...I think I have something like that written on an older aciton figure of mine

yerssot
yeah, at the back of the '90s series, they wrote facts: or something like that, and then told a bit about the character

good call! smile

Julie
see I'm not completely out of my mind

Celsius
Not COMPLETELY, anyway.

yerssot
getting close though wink

Julie
sure sure.....

So what "minor" NJO character is your fav.....I think that Corran Horn is mine......he's not around that often, but that's what makes the times he shows up cool...not overplayed if you know what I mean

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.