Thor vs. Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psychotron
I searched and couldn't find anything.

The God of Thunder takes on the Green Lantern in the Frost Giants' realm.

Who wins?

Robtard
Green Lantern.

Impediment
Lantern wins with all of his retarded Reynold-ness.

BruceSkywalker
thor

Robtard
Not sure Thor could seriously harm The Green Lantern. Dude was right next to a sun(twice actually) and didn't suffer from the heat or gravitational pull, his shield seems to be highly resistant.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Robtard
Not sure Thor could seriously harm The Green Lantern. Dude was right next to a sun(twice actually) and didn't suffer from the heat or gravitational pull, his shield seems to be highly resistant.

True but Thor could unleash another attack like in the begining with the Frost Giants. And what could Lantern do to harm Thor?

Robtard
Originally posted by Psychotron
True but Thor could unleash another attack like in the begining with the Frost Giants.

And what could Lantern do to harm Thor?

That large attack Thor used towards the end of the Frost Giant battle was far less powerful than the destructive power of a sun at close proximity, so I'd question if that attack would even bother Jordan while he has his protective aura on.

Pretty much anything his mind can imagine and his will can handle.

Mindset
Thor has bigger muscles.

Thor > GL

Mindship
Lanterndude > War Hippie

Psychotron
Viking god > guy with daddy issues

Impediment
Van Wilder > George Kirk.

BruceSkywalker
still not sure whether or not any of hal's constructs that i saw can do any harm??

Psychotron
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
still not sure whether or not any of hal's constructs that i saw can do any harm??

Especially since Thor can block anything with Mjolnir.

the ninjak
Especially since Thor can block anything with Mjolnir.

Thor's hammer Mjolnir took the Destroyer's disintegration beam and pushed it into its form. Forcing it to expand and explode with such a force it filled the sky. Resulting in the the Destroyer falling helplessly to the ground.

Such power.

Total energy absorption and release. As Odin said a tool to destroy and create.

We are still to see the creation side for Thor just destroyed in that movie once he obtained his power. His only obstruction was Loki's staff which disintegrated the king of the Frost Giants, but just pushed him back.

Thor is king here. Hal in his most confident moments push Parallax back and led him to the Sun.

Thor can withstand a Sun due to the fact his hammer was forged in one. LOL.

Thor absorbs all of Hal's constructs and pulverizes him to death.....with ease. Considering how much damage he took when he hit that bus.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak

Thor can withstand a Sun due to the fact his hammer was forged in one. LOL.

Thor absorbs all of Hal's constructs and pulverizes him to death.....with ease. Considering how much damage he took when he hit that bus.

That doesn't follow logic at all.

GL could create a miniature son(as Kilowog did); while Mjolnir may or may not be destroyed by it(im guessing not), Thor would be sucked in and/or fried.

Thor has his hammer which is powerful and good for smashing, GL has nigh-limitless ways to attack as his imagination is. You essentially got it turned around, Thor has to show how he can get passed GL's protective field, which is resistant to a sun's heat and massive gravitational pull.

This is movie versions; not comic.

the ninjak
I'm using film versions Rob.

Parallax reeled back from an exploding fuel truck.......
An exploding fuel truck!

Mjolnir showed the power to make a force that obliterated a whole landmass. Just from a whim. And a electro magnetic burst that threw back a God of Trickery. Bursts that demolished a Godkilling armor.

And what Killowog could do wasn't enough for Parallax so I wouldn't put much stock into him. If the Sun killed Parallax I'm not impressed.

Cause it wouldn't do crap to Thor.

Robtard
I'm using film versions Rob.

Parallax reeled back from an exploding fuel truck.......
An exploding fuel truck!

Mjolnir showed the power to make a force that obliterated a whole landmass. Just from a whim. And a electro magnetic burst that threw back a God of Trickery. Bursts that demolished a Godkilling armor.

And what Killowog could do wasn't enough for Parallax so I wouldn't put much stock into him. If the Sun killed Parallax I'm not impressed.

Cause it wouldn't do crap to Thor.

Parallax is not GL, dude. He couldn't escape the Sun's pull nor withstand its heat. GL with his aura on didn't have this problem.

While that attack was powerful, it was used against ice and rock structures that were already crumbling. So lets not try and say Mjonir = greater destructive power than the Sun. K.

Going from movie feats, Mjolnir isn't harming GL through his aura, while GL has numerous options(his imagination) than smashing and bashing.

GL creates a mini sun that has the same gravitational pull as earth's sun and includes the heat in his creation, what is Thor going to do?

Zack Fair
I don't see how MJOLNIR being forged in a star hs anything to do with Thor withstanding a sun.

I want Thor to win, but the GL side has some valid points.

Robtard
Weapons Hal Jordon would know about and could create:

-Gatling guns
-Missiles
-Bombs
-Flame-Throwers
-F-22 Raptor
-A1M1 Abrams Tank
-Nukes
-A Mini Sun
-A giant penis that shoots out nukes and has two mini-suns for testicles.

List could go on and on.

Psychotron
Most of those wouldn't have any effect on Thor.

-Pr-
Most of those wouldn't have any effect on Thor.

A mini sun would, i'd say.

Psychotron
Originally posted by -Pr-
A mini sun would, i'd say.

A mini sun's only serious effect would be heat and I think Thor could handle it. Or he could just fly away.

dadudemon
Thor handled the extreme cold, okay. He appeared to handle the vapo-ray from the Destroyer okay, too.

Needless to say, I'm supporting a "heat and cold" resistant version of Thor.

I am not sure on the outcome of the thread, however.

-Pr-
There's also the gravity of the sun. I'm not saying it would necessarily kill Thor, but i'm sure it would give him pause at the very least.

Psychotron
Originally posted by -Pr-
There's also the gravity of the sun. I'm not saying it would necessarily kill Thor, but i'm sure it would give him pause at the very least.

How strong could the gravity of a mini-sun possibly be? The Sun has a massive gravity because it's massive.

Robtard
The mini-sun Kilowog made had the same pull of a full-sized star, as per Kilowog's words.

And I don't think Thor ever showed to have the power to escape a massive gravitational field or survive the heat of a star. Movie feats showing such?

Psychotron
The mini-sun Kilowog made had the same pull of a full-sized star, as per Kilowog's words.

And I don't think Thor ever showed to have the power to escape a massive gravitational field or survive the heat of a star. Movie feats showing such?

If that's the case why didn't Hal just create one of those mini-suns and kill Parallax with that?

the ninjak
Hal aint creating no mini Sun!

His film proved that his creativity isn't even capable of it. His last feat was making fighter jets to help him move faster????? lol/

Mjolnir absobs energy which GL creates his constructs with. Thor absorbed the Destroyer's beam and pushed/released it into its visor causing it to comprimise and explode to the Earth.
Hal makes a shield and the hammer absorbs and breaks it.
Hammer to Hal's face and his passive shields get absorbed too. Dead Hal.

Robtard
If that's the case why didn't Hal just create one of those mini-suns and kill Parallax with that?

For the sake of the storyline I'd guess (aka PIS).

It's well within his power though by the end of the film, his imagination and will are strong.

Robtard
Hal aint creating no mini Sun!

His film proved that his creativity isn't even capable of it. His last feat was making fighter jets to help him move faster????? lol/

Mjolnir absobs energy which GL creates his constructs with. Thor absorbed the Destroyer's beam and pushed/released it into its visor causing it to comprimise and explode to the Earth.
Hal makes a shield and the hammer absorbs and breaks it.
Hammer to Hal's face and his passive shields get absorbed too. Dead Hal.

Why not? He's seen it done; it's not hard to imagine and by the end of the film his will/confidence was strong.

See above, he's seen it done.

The Destroyer's beam has shit on a GL ring, dude. Shit. It's a powerful blast, nothing more. When has the hammer absorbed everything you claim? Energy shields, a mini-sun and such?

People still going balls-deep on Thor, eh.

the ninjak
For the sake of the storyline and/or maybe a mini-sun wouldn't have been enough.

It's well within his power though by the end of the film, his imagination and will are strong.

When did Hal create a mini Sun? I'm a projectionist so I've only seen the film out of a portglass window. So you made the presumption that Hal can make a mini Sun but refused to, to beat Parallax. He created a giant fist to push it into the Sun after his "epiphany"!

Plus Mjolnir would have a whole mini-sun to absorb and re-release into Hal. The explosion alone would send Hal flying. He still reeled after being pushed into a bus/van?

Robtard
So you made the presumption that Hal can make a mini Sun but refused to, to beat Parallax. He created a giant fist to push it into the Sun after his "epiphany"!

Plus Mjolnir would have a whole mini-sun to absorb and re-release into Hal. The exlosion alone would send Hal flying. He still reeled after being pushed into a bus/van?

No, the ring can create anything the user can imagine and will(we've also seen a mini-sun created); by the end of the film Hal is a bad-ass mofo with the ring. Watch the film again, though it sucks.

Again, when has Mjolnir shown this level of absorption? Did it even "absorb" the Destrpyer's beam to begin with or merely deflect it back, as this is what seems to have been implied. Hal was able to float extremely close to the Earth's sun with no apparent negative affects from the sun's gravitational pull or heat. So no.

the ninjak
No, the ring can create anything the user can imagine and will(we've also seen a mini-sun created); by the end of the film Hal is a bad-ass mofo with the ring. Watch the film again, though it sucks.

Again, when has Mjolnir shown this level of absorption? Didn't it even "absorb" the Destrpyer's beam to begin with or merely deflect it back, as this is what seems to have been implied. Hal was able to float extremely close to the Earth's sun with no apparent negative affects from the sun's gravitational pull or heat. So no.

Dude just cause Thor doesn't stand before the Sun even though his comic counterpart does it often(not using it) doesn't mean it can be used as a argument against Thor's durability.

People downplay Thor's takedown of the Destroyer in the film even though if Thor did the same thing to a unmanned Destroyer armor in the comics it would have had the done the same thing to take it down.

The hammer absorbs energy on a huge scale.

GL has no speed feats. Besides making wormholes to go to Oa and flying into Earth's orbit.

Thor flies strategically and fast. Hal makes a mini Sun even though he never did it. And Thor flies behind him while he is concentrating on the construct and deals the pain. Mini Sun gone and Hal is forced to rely on defence, which Mjolnir will break through.

Robtard
Dude just cause Thor doesn't stand before the Sun even though his comic counterpart does it often(not using it) doesn't mean it can be used as a argument against Thor's durability.

People downplay Thor's takedown of the Destroyer in the film even though if Thor did the same thing to a unmanned Destroyer armor in the comics it would have had the done the same thing to take it down.

The hammer absorbs energy on a huge scale.

GL has no speed feats. Besides making wormholes to go to Oa and flying into Earth's orbit.

Thor flies strategically and fast. Hal makes a mini Sun even though he never did it. And Thor flies behind him while he is concentrating on the construct and deals the pain. Mini Sun gone and Hal is forced to rely on defence, which Mjolnir will break through.

Yes it can. We go by "greatest feats" here; nothing in the film suggested Thor could withstand the destructive power of a sun.

The Destroyer wasn't all that impressive to begin with. It moved slowed, had a blast attack that killed some peeps and blew up a gas station. Way underpowered in the film.

Again, when has the hammer absorbed all the massive energies you claim? Name the scene(s).

Hal flew from the Earth to the Sun in what appeared to be about a minute, so that's shows incredible speed. Far Greater than Thor's couple hundred miles per hour(looked like).

If barreling hammer/head first is "strategic", then Thor is a blonde Sun ****ing Tzu. But you're basically scripting. Going from film feats, GL has just about every advantage here.

the ninjak
Dammit! He did fly to the Sun that fast didn't he? But showed crap maneuverability when he hit that asteroid?????
+ all he did while in such a lightspeed trip was
-throw a satelite....badly.
-fly through asteroids and crashed into one even though he saw it wayyyyy ahead of time.
-made it to the Sun. Wow talk about crap directing.

Show feats of a GL using that speed strategically. Instead of going from point A to B in a battle scenario.

Thor flew and dodged Destroyer's beam then hit the sky and performed a perfect takedown.

Hal and the other GLs flew solely to travel and never displayed such speed feats strategically. They flew straight to Parallax and used their constructs....poor form.

Thor will fly up and hit GL from behind the second he tries to make a mini Sun. Shatter his concentration and beat his head in.

Robtard
Just give it up dude. GL was a shit movie; doesn't mean the character loses here.

GL could surround himself with a giant hard green penis and fly "straight" into Thor at several thousand miles per hour.

But making a mini-sun is one easy way to win here; he has countless others due to the possibilities of his imagination.

Mindset
Thor smashes it with Mjolnir and caves in Hal's skull.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
Thor smashes it with Mjolnir and caves in Hal's skull.

Thor can't react that fast.

Could Thor smash it?

Could Thor get past GL's protective field? That thing is extremely resistant.

Thor winning this fight is a desperate reach at best.

-Pr-
Hal only made simple constructs in the movie because that was his only point of reference.

Parallax was a being made of nothing but fear energy, and i doubt Hal's ring had the kind of capability to kill it. And he still won.

Movie Thor was impressive, but he wasn't exactly head and shoulders above the rest of the movie heroes.

the ninjak

Could Thor smash it?

Thor winning this fight is a desperate reach at best.

As I already stated Mjolnir absorbs energy which Oan Will energy is made of.

And not a single GL in that movie moved that fast stratigically. Just move from point A to B.

Mjolnir had the power to obliterate his surroundings twice in the film once physical and as an EMP style flash.
As I said before Thor dodges Hal's constructs just he he dodged the Destroyer's beam and hit the air.
As Hal as you said attempts to make a mini sun Thor is already flying through the back of him smashing his shields apart with his energy absorbing hammer and caving his head in.

There is a big difference between a GL seeing the Sun, flying towards it and with confindence/will and making the ring adapt to the Sun's heat and gravity and-

Getting hit with forces on the fly in a battle scernario. Hal can't adapt to Mjolnir when he is making constructs and making shields. He doesn't know whats going to hit him and in this case it's a Hammer that can absorb energy and attack with devastating power.

With a GL it's all about adapting to what they see. And Thor won't give him the time to stop the offensive forms i've heard people give here.

Break a GL's concentration break his ability to use his ring. Mjolnir is perfect for this.

Robtard
As I already stated Mjolnir absorbs energy which Oan Will energy is made of.

And not a single GL in that movie moved that fast stratigically. Just move from point A to B.

Mjolnir had the power to obliterate his surroundings twice in the film once physical and as an EMP style flash.
As I said before Thor dodges Hal's constructs just he he dodged the Destroyer's beam and hit the air.
As Hal as you said attempts to make a mini sun Thor is already flying through the back of him smashing his shields apart with his energy absorbing hammer and caving his head in.

There is a big difference between a GL seeing the Sun, flying towards it and with confindence/will and making the ring adapt to the Sun's heat and gravity and-

Getting hit with forces on the fly in a battle scernario. Hal can't adapt to Mjolnir when he is making constructs and making shields. He doesn't know whats going to hit him and in this case it's a Hammer that can absorb energy and attack with devastating power.

With a GL it's all about adapting to what they see. And Thor won't give him the time to stop the offensive forms i've heard people give here.

Break a GL's concentration break his ability to use his ring. Mjolnir is perfect for this.

No, you have yet to show this. It looks like it deflected the Destroyer's beam back into its body. Deflecting a blast is far different than this 'energy absorption powers' you're claiming.

Those "obliterating the surrounding" attacks won't likely do shit to GL's protective field.

Thor fights with a hammer, it's not hard for Hal to deduce how Thor will be attacking him and once again you have yet to prove that Mjolnir will be "absorbing" anything Hal can make.

You're scrapping the barrel cos you want your favorite here to win instead of going by who was superior on screen. It's getting tedious.

Hal makes a mini-sun, Thor is instantly fighting to not get sucked in and burned. Fight could end this quickly. BTW, Hal can travel faster than light, about 7-8 times faster.

the ninjak
Nah I know the Destroyer's beam disintergrates from his feats againts the Frost Giants at the beginning of Thor.

And Thor's ability to take the energy and push it back into its visor proved that Thor can absorb energy. Which is one of its trademarks.

As you said-
GL could surround himself with a giant hard green penis and fly "straight" into Thor at several thousand miles per hour..

Thor dodges it and hits the sky, ready for a strategic takedown. He took down an unmanned Destroyer quickly after coming back to life and having all of his abilities returned.
Hal makes a mini-sun, Thor is instantly fighting to not get sucked in and burned. Fight could end this quickly. BTW, Hal can travel faster than light, about 7-8 times faster.

Hal then attempts to make a mini-sun Thor pounds in behind him. Breaking his concentration and pounds his skull in with the enchanted energy absorbing hammer that can create huge kinetic bursts.

Hal and any other more mature GL never displayed using such speeds strategically in battle. Thor wins here. smile

Robtard
Nah I know the Destroyer's beam disintergrates from his feats againts the Frost Giants at the beginning of Thor.

And Thor's ability to take the energy and push it back into its visor proved that Thor can absorb energy. Which is one of its trademarks.

As you said-

Thor dodges it and hits the sky, ready for a strategic takedown. He took down an unmanned Destroyer instantly after coming back to life and having all of his abilities returned.

Hal then attempts to make a mini-sun Thor pounds in behind him. Breaking his concentration and pounds his skull in with the enchanted energy absorbing hammer that can create huge kinetic bursts.

Hal and any other more mature GL never displayed using such speeds strategically in battle.

When it killed the Frost Giants in Odin's chamber we saw the dead bodies on the floor afterward, so no, it did not "disintegrate". Its blast it more concussive and some heat by all appearances.

Again, that's deflection; not "absorbing" and where are you getting "absorbing is one of Mjolnir powers" from a film standpoint?

While the "green penis" was a joke, how does Thor dodge something moving a light-speed+?

LoL, more scripting. Hal makes a mini-sun, Thor is instantly being pulled in, there's nothing in the film that suggest Thor could resist something like that even for a second. Hal could make it right next to himself if he wanted, as he's resistant.

Mindset
Nope, it disintegrated them. Only bodies you see on the ground are dead asgardians.

Robtard
Nope, it disintegrated them. Only bodies you see on the ground are dead asgardians.

Pretty sure you're wrong, as why would Odin post guards when the Destroyer was there specifically to guard? I have the film at home, so I can check later.

Though it doesn't really matter either way, as Mjolnir deflected the beam back into the Destroyer, didn't absorb it.

Mindset

Could Thor smash it?

Thor winning this fight is a desperate reach at best. Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Nope.

Mindset
Pretty sure you're wrong, as why would Odin post guards when the Destroyer was there specifically to guard? I have the film at home, so I can check later.

Though it doesn't really matter either way, as Mjolnir deflected the beam back into the Destroyer, didn't absorb it. The Destroyer is Asgard's greatest weapon, it is the last resort.

I'm looking at it right now.

The first blasts he just knocked away, the last blast he either was absorbing it or dispelling it somehow and just flew through the Destroyer's head.

the ninjak

Though it doesn't really matter either way, as Mjolnir deflected the beam back into the Destroyer, didn't absorb it.

Nah I watched that scene multiple times at work after someone made that argument and saw that the bodies were the soldiers.
And two Frost Giants were turned to ash and another copped a beam.
I think one arm was sticking out of the ground afterwards.

The Destroyer is Asgard's greatest weapon, it is the last resort.

I'm looking at it right now.

The first blasts he just knocked away, the last blast he either was absorbing it or dispelling it somehow and just flew through the Destroyer's head.

Yeah he aborbed it all the way down and used it's own power against it. A completely stratigical takedown for a unmanned Destroyer armor.

If Loki was in it it wouldnt have been so easy, he would've just stopped shooting.

Mindset
Pretty sure the arm was from a frozen asgardian.

Robtard
Nah I watched that scene multiple times at work after someone made that argument and saw that the bodies were the soldiers.
And two Frost Giants were turned to ash and another copped a beam.
I think one arm was sticking out of the ground afterwards.

Fair enough. Destroyer can disintegrate; what does that have anything to do with "Mjolnir absorbing Hal's attacks" as you claim?

Mini-sun /the end

Robtard
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Nope.

We're taking about faster-than-light.

Proof?

Proof?

Lol, fanboy.

the ninjak
Pretty sure the arm was from a frozen asgardian.

Cool. It was a while back and I remember the arm. And the others being turned to dust.

Fair enough. Destroyer can disintegrate; what does that have anything to do with "Mjolnir absorbing Hal's attacks" as you claim?

Mini-sun /the end
It absorbs energy, it's one of its trademarks.

I've already told a scenario 3 times as to how he handles the mini-sun theory. Sun goes down once Thor crashes in.

Mindset
Thor was easily taking blasts from Gungnir which onshotted King Laufey, for w/e that's worth.

the ninjak
Thor was easily taking blasts from Gungnir which onshotted King Laufey, for w/e that's worth.

wink It blasted Laufey apart. All it did to Thor was push him back.

Mindset
We're taking about faster-than-light.

Proof?

Proof?

Lol, fanboy. Hal doesn't have ftl fight speed.

Mjolnir.

Mjolnir.

Lol, get mad.

Robtard
Hal doesn't have ftl fight speed.

Mjolnir.

Mjolnir.

Lol, get mad.

He flew to the sun (from Earth) in about a minute. So flying at someone is just that.

No limit fallacy.

No limit fallacy.

No one gets mad here. Blind fanboyism is funny though.

Mindset
He flew to the sun (from Earth) in about a minute. So flying at someone is just that.

No limit fallacy.

No limit fallacy.

No one gets mad here. Blind fanboyism is funny though. Flight speed =/= fight speed.

That's not a no limits fallacy.

You are super mad.

Robtard
Flight speed =/= fight speed.

That's not a no limits fallacy.

You are super mad.

"flying at someone", he wouldn't be trying to punch Thor in that scenario.

Yes, you're implying Mjolnir can destroy anything.

Funny.

Anyhow, mini-sun, pretty much ends this a second after it starts.

Mindset
So they fly at each other and Thor oneshots him with Mjolnir.

No, not anything, just Hal's constructs.

I am.

Thor throws Mjolnir through Hal's face as soon as the fight starts.

Robtard

Thor throws Mjolnir through Hal's face as soon as the fight starts.

Before it reaches, the min-sun would be up (speed of thoughts and such) and Mjolnir is pulled in, along with Thor. Boom.

Mindset
Mjolnir will kill Hal before that happens, or Thor hits him with lightning (around half the speed of light and such).

the ninjak
Before it reaches, the min-sun would be up (speed of thoughts and such) and Mjolnir is pulled in, along with Thor. Boom.

Lol like anything could make Mjolnir move where it didn't want to go, or commanded by one who was worthy. Which Hal ain't he just conquered fear.

And now you're saying Hal creates a mini-sun instantly instead of a normal construct. Yeah right.

Mindset
It's ok, Thor hits him with lightning as soon as the fight starts, that will at least distract Hal enough for Mjolnir to send his head back to Coast City.

the ninjak
It's ok, Thor hits him with lightning as soon as the fight starts, that will at least distract Hal enough for Mjolnir to send his head back to Coast City.

Exactly. Disract the GL. Then pound the GL. Easy takedown.

Psychotron
Hal wouldn't start with a mini-sun, he'd probably start with some machine guns or jets or some other ineffective shit.

And the mini-sun's power is completely illogical, if it was that powerful one of the other lanterns would have used it against Parallax much earlier in the film. Why didn't they?

Robtard
Mjolnir will kill Hal before that happens, or Thor hits him with lightning (around half the speed of light and such).

Cos lighting would get past the GL shield considering what it's seen taking. No.

Robtard
Lol like anything could make Mjolnir move where it didn't want to go, or commanded by one who was worthy. Which Hal ain't he just conquered fear.

And now you're saying Hal creates a mini-sun instantly instead of a normal construct. Yeah right.

Again, where was this shown? The mini-sun's gravitational pull isn't a "not worthy person", it's gravity, a universal force.

He's fighting an extremely powerful foe and as per the MVF basic rules, they'd have basic knowledge of themselves, so yeah.

Robtard
DP.

Robtard
Hal wouldn't start with a mini-sun, he'd probably start with some machine guns or jets or some other ineffective shit.

And the mini-sun's power is completely illogical, if it was that powerful one of the other lanterns would have used it against Parallax much earlier in the film. Why didn't they?

PIS doesn't fly here.

Watch the film, Kilowog clearly stated it. What happens in the film supersedes what you really want/need to happen in order to have your favorite win. Sorry. Parallax > Thor, so just cos a mini-sun wouldn't harm him, doesn't mean Thor is suddenly immune to all.

Mindset
Cos lighting would get past the GL shield considering what it's seen taking. No. He has auto shields?

Robtard
He has auto shields?

The ring's aura surrounds him, how the ring/powers works. Why he can fly in space and float close to the Sun without dying.

Mindset
The ring's aura surrounds him, how the ring/powers works. Why he can fly in space and float close to the Sun without dying. Not the same as auto shields.

Robtard
Not the same as auto shields.

Only time the aura isn't on him, is when he's not the Green Lantern. He's powered-up here, obviously, no ring, no fight.

Robtard
wink It blasted Laufey apart.

All it did to Thor was push him back.

Correct.

Incorrect. They swung at each other(spear and hammer), neither connecting with their weapon. It was little more than attack and parry before they fell out the window and onto Bifrost.

Mindset
Loki blasted him out of the tower.

Then he blasted him when they were at the bifrost.

You need to watch it again.

Robtard
Loki blasted him out of the tower.

Then he blasted him when they were at the bifrost.

You need to watch it again.

LoL, no. As the end of the fight Thor jump-lunges at Loki, Loki fires, Thor blocks the blast with Mjolnir and then slams into Loki; they both tumble and fall out the window.

LoL, no. Loki lunges at Thor's back while Thor is breaking the Bifrost, right before Loki is about to connect with the spear's point the bridge blast apart and they're both pushed out of the way.

Clearly you do.

Mindset
Uh...no.

Loki blasts Thor out of the tower, you see Thor fall, then you see Loki riding down the Bifrost on a horse.

I don't know what movie you're watching.

http://i51.tinypic.com/oqdjwz.jpg

Robtard
LoL, dude.

This is Thor in mid-air blocking the blast with Mjolnir right before they he slams into Loki and they fall out the tower onto Bifrost.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/thor1c.jpg/

Mindset
That's not even the scene we are talking about...

Mindset
Anyway, here's him being blasted again at the Bifrost.

http://i52.tinypic.com/28809oh.jpg

Robtard
That's not even the scene we are talking about...

Oh, in Odin's sleep chamber. Yeah, Thor took one hit there. I was referring to the final fight, my error.

What's the angle though, Loki couldn't kill Thor with some blast so Hal can't harm him? Cos the GL ring > spear.

Zack Fair
Thor tanked a blast that incinerated Lafey. I guess that is his point.

Robtard
And considering the Frost Giants where killed by sword stabs and such, that's not a very good counter point. I don't think anyone has argued that Thor isn't one durable/tough mofo.

Mindset
Laufey is as much as a normal frost giant like Odin is a normal asgardian.

Robtard
Where was this stated?

K-Dog
Don't know exactly how tough Lafey is, but Thor hit him first during the fight and it didn't kill him or hurt him too bad, and then Odin knocked him back pretty good too and it didn't hurt him either. I don't think these were really hard attacks but it appears he is more durable than the other guys.
Loki was Thor's equal pretty much it appeared. I liked how Thor set his hammer on Loki's chest so he couldn't move. That was a nice touch, yay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.