Crysis for consoles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Yeah they're releasing the first one for the consoles

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-ps3-xbox-360/720428

Smasandian
Interesting.

Good for console players. The first one is ****ing amazing.

I do like how it's "remastered" aka we had to change stuff up so it can run on consoles.

I do find it interesting about the trailer. It looks like an action packed game like Call of Duty but in reality, it's a very slow action game (which is a good thing)

Kazenji
Wonder if they will release the add-on that they brought out for it, Probably a Xbox live/PS3 Network download i bet.

Smasandian
What add-on?

You mean Crysis Warhead?

If that's the case, I wouldn't bet on it. It's a full fledged game, roughly the same amount of game play as the first one. I would bet that they release it next summer/winter.

Phanteros
Que the crybaby PC elitist.

Smasandian
I don't see that happening.

The game is 4 years old and Crysis 2 has been released on consoles.

Kazenji
So now this is going to be downloadable, 1600 MS points

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9533-Crysis-Priced-For-the-Xbox-Live-Arcade.html

Zack Fair
Sweet 1600. Will now get this without a doubt.

BackFire
Jesus, that's an incredible deal for this game, it's excellent.

socool8520
Is this game really that good? I'm not much for PC gaming (always been a console guy). Everything I read on Crysis to gave it average-but-not-great scores. It kinda deterred me from buying, and I haven't gotten around to renting it yet.

Nemesis X
1600 MS points for something this epic? I'm sure the Gears of War 3 season pass can wait...maybe.

Impediment
How much is that in PSN dollars?

I actually greatly disliked Crysis 2. I was very amped for the game and I bought it for my PS3 on the launch date, but I just didn't feel the game, I guess. I traded it in at Gamestop in less than a week.

I enjoy a good FPS and a sci-fi story as well, but Crysis just isn't my cup of tea. I'll stick with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Nemesis X
1600 MS points for something this epic? I'm sure the Gears of War 3 season pass can wait...maybe.

No "maybe" uhuh

Smasandian
Originally posted by socool8520
Is this game really that good? I'm not much for PC gaming (always been a console guy). Everything I read on Crysis to gave it average-but-not-great scores. It kinda deterred me from buying, and I haven't gotten around to renting it yet.

Not according to the average critics score.

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/931665-crysis/index.html

Crysis has always been a critical success.

BackFire
Originally posted by socool8520

Dunno where you read this information, but all review collection sites (like metacritic and gamerankings) have it very highly rated. It's a very solid FPS game with more combat depth than almost all other high profile shooter games. The amount of freedom and choice in how to approach combat in the game is actually mind blowing.

For $20 or however much 1600 MS points is worth, it's a steal.

Zack Fair
The nerfed nanosuit was a lot of fun in Crysis 2. I cannot wait to play with the original OP suit!

socool8520
My bad y'all, I didn't mean the first one. I meant Crysis 2 for console. I know the first got good reviews, but like I said, I am not a PC gamer.

Peach
Originally posted by Impediment

I actually greatly disliked Crysis 2. I was very amped for the game and I bought it for my PS3 on the launch date, but I just didn't feel the game, I guess. I traded it in at Gamestop in less than a week.

I enjoy a good FPS and a sci-fi story as well, but Crysis just isn't my cup of tea. I'll stick with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

$20.

socool8520
20 bucks is not that bad. I could take a chance on that.

Smasandian
$20 bucks for a full fledged game that will be one the of the top looking games on the consoles and was one of the highly rated PC games ever.

Hmm, that's a ****ing steal. Let alone the fact that SP is roughly about 20 hours long and longer if you play silently.

Nemesis X
Does anyone know when exactly in October the game will be out? Glad it's coming next month but I'd like to know the day as well.

Nemesis X
Great news folks. The game's coming out on the 4th next month:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6336583/crysis-firing-up-xbla-psn-october-4

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Great news folks. The game's coming out on the 4th next month:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6336583/crysis-firing-up-xbla-psn-october-4

On my BDAY.

Marcus Fenix: "OH YEAAAAAH!"

Mindset
Originally posted by Impediment

I enjoy a good FPS and a sci-fi story as well, but Crysis just isn't my cup of tea. I'll stick with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Yea, it was just alright, but the graphics were good.

Glad I didn't buy it.

Nemesis X
Today's October 4th so uh...where the heck is this game on Xbox Live? Been waiting for awhile and it still hasn't shown up on the Games on Demand list yet.

Zack Fair
same here. might just go play the new and awesome reach

Zack Fair
So did you play this game Nemesis? Is it worth it?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
So did you play this game Nemesis? Is it worth it?

Yes and it is worth it.

Zack Fair
DLing it right now 131

Zack Fair
Oh Yeah!

BackFire
Great game, enjoy. Hope it translates well to consoles - it should.

Kazenji
I can see this getting a release in the shops, if it does well on the online services for the consoles.

FistOfThe North
"yeah, but can it run Crysis?.."

Zack Fair
biscuits

I'm sad that this 4 years old game is better than the sequel. Although I liked Crysis 2(played it without trying the original) Crysis's open sandbox is just awesome for me. I love games like FarCry and this is just what the doctor ordered.

BackFire
Yep, the sandbox in this game is excellent. The amount of freedom is staggering.

Impediment
I want to download it, but I disliked Crysis 2.

Is the area of playing freedom in Crysis 1 that much more?

I'm torn.

BackFire
Yeah, it is a lot more.

Smasandian
It's pretty damn open.

The game is still linear but you do have a lot of room to attack your objectives.

But Crysis is very similar to Crysis 2. If you didn't like the second one then I don't know if your going to like the first.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Smasandian
It's pretty damn open.

The game is still linear but you do have a lot of room to attack your objectives.

But Crysis is very similar to Crysis 2. If you didn't like the second one then I don't know if your going to like the first.

Yeah. The gameplay is the same, but there are lots of ways you can approach situations/places in the island. Lots of vehicles too to boot. So it depends on what it was about C2 that he didn't like.

Smasandian
That's true.

Even though Crysis 2 was much smaller in maps, the area was still much larger than most shooters these days.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.