Colossus vs. Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mini Bennett
Colossus (standard 616 Peter) battles Ares (Marvel).

- Both are blood lusted & both are in character.

- Battle takes place at the Grand Canyon (mid-day) and they start 20 metres apart.

- Winner by knockout.

Who wins and why?

Colossus-Big C
Ares, he has adamantine and class 100 strength (based on feats) behind that adamantine

vansonbee
Ares for 6/10 w/o axe

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Ares, he has adamantine and class 100 strength (based on feats) behind that adamantine
What class 100 feats does ares have

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
What class 100 feats does ares have going to to toe with skaar, one shotting wolverine, beat the snot out of abomb ..need i say more? this is high end ares of course

Kasper Gutman
He also has some nice showings against Hercules. He even out performed Wonderman against Hercules in one encounter. Then again Wonderman wasn't trying very hard and Hercules was out of his mind enraged.

zopzop
So disappointed with Colossus, if he can't take down a scrub like Ares, what use is he? Yeah, I said it. Ares is a scrub.

PS Ares takes this.

Eternal Idol
Colossus ftw. I think Colossus is stronger, but it's probably about equal. Durability is going to determine the winner, and Colossus has that in spades.

cdtm
Ares, with ease.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
going to to toe with skaar, one shotting wolverine, beat the snot out of abomb ..need i say more? this is high end ares of course Colossus kayoed the Hulk, went toe to toe with Gladiator(narratation states this) and knocked Juggernaut around.........sober....... whistle

Newjak
If you guy by handbooks Colossus should be stronger.

Going by feats I would place my money of Ares, plus he has the whole I'm-a-god-and-every-once-and-awhile-I-show-it-by-doing-something crazy feats.

golem370
Colossus went toe to toe with Glads until a building fell on them which stopped Colossus

juggernaut74
I believe it was described as a skycraper. Which collapsed from the shockwaves of their punches iirc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ares would stomp Colossus. At least currently.

The point was really driven home during the Dark Avengers vs. X-men crossover. Ares being a power house and Osborn's second biggest gun was a big plot point, it's the reason why the X-men were desperate enough to make a deal with Hela.

The more writers read up on the character, the more respect they give him. Pak is a good example.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Ares would stomp Colossus. At least currently.

The point was really driven home during the Dark Avengers vs. X-men crossover. Ares being a power house and Osborn's second biggest gun was a big plot point, it's the reason why the X-men were desperate enough to make a deal with Hela.

The more writers read up on the character, the more respect they give him. Pak is a good example. Wolverine could take Ares. As could about a half dozen other X-Men.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Wolverine could take Ares. As could about a half dozen other X-Men.

Ares would one shot Wolverine again and then wreck all of the X-men unless they have some Asgardian muscle. smile

Anyways, whether or no you agree with the respect Ares was getting, it was clear he was beyond Colossus imho.

There's a reason why he was stuck fighting Venom. vin

zopzop
Wolverine could take Ares. As could about a half dozen other X-Men.
thumb up

vansonbee
Wolverine ain't a break, why is even compared to Colossus in a match against Ares.

lol@Rage, that was true, that Venom was fighting evenly with Colossus..

The same Venom that got butt rape by Namor..

cdtm
Wolverine could take Ares.

Jesus christ.

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm
Jesus christ.

No, Wolverine!

vansonbee
Originally posted by cdtm
Jesus christ. http://i56.tinypic.com/os786a.jpgOriginally posted by zopzop
No, Wolverine! Wolverine did pretty well against Hulk, so that should make him a high herald at the least, so thats total spite toward Ares.

zopzop
Originally posted by vansonbee
Wolverine did pretty well against Hulk, so that should make him a high herald at the least, so thats total spite toward Ares.

Nah, he just does really well vs bricks. It's the insane healing factor, unbreakable bones, and super sharp claws. He did better than any X-man vs WWH.

Against Ares, a guy that's nowhere near as strong as WWH and doesn't have a healing factor in that league, Wolverine can do serious damage if he connects once or two in a vital area.

-Pr-
I definitely think that Colossus would give Ares a fight, and that the writing during Dark Reign when Cyclops called him "that monster" (i think it was) was a complete heap of shite given the people he had at his disposal.

I do think Ares would probably win though.

vansonbee
Originally posted by zopzop
Nah, he just does really well vs bricks. It's the insane healing factor, unbreakable bones, and super sharp claws. He did better than any X-man vs WWH.

Against Ares, a guy that's nowhere near as strong as WWH and doesn't have a healing factor in that league, Wolverine can do serious damage if he connects once or two in a vital area. It was obvious sarcasm btw.

Ares is indeed half of what Hulk is, but there no need to be uber strong as Hulk to replicate the boxing feat, that he did to Wolverine.

Damborgson
http://i56.tinypic.com/os786a.jpg Wolverine did pretty well against Hulk, so that should make him a high herald at the least, so thats total spite toward Ares. laughing out loud

Kasper Gutman
There's a big thread on Ares vs Wolverine that's pretty entertaining. Worth the search.

Ares beats Wolverine or Colossus in my opinion.

ExodusCloak
Colossus can beat Ares. I remember everything up to his death in Siege. I remember post-WWH he got demolished by Hercules. Back then I remember thinking to myself featwise he's closer to Class 70 than Class 100. This forum runs on feats not hyperbole.

Fraction tried to make him scarier but even than it came across as a failure like all his writing.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t505315.html

And been done.

juggernaut74
Wolverine ain't a break, why is even compared to Colossus in a match against Ares.

lol@Rage, that was true, that Venom was fighting evenly with Colossus..

The same Venom that got butt rape by Namor.. You have scans of the Venom/Colossus fight? I thought Colossus kayoed him with a brick and then hitched a ride from Iceman.Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Colossus can beat Ares. I remember everything up to his death in Siege. I remember post-WWH he got demolished by Hercules. Back then I remember thinking to myself featwise he's closer to Class 70 than Class 100. This forum runs on feats not hyperbole.

Fraction tried to make him scarier but even than it came across as a failure like all his writing.

And been done. I recall Ares getting one-shotted by WWHulk. Colossus atleast took a few hits and got some respect from the Hulk.

Colossus-Big C
If you compare both ares and wolverine fight against sentry ares did a lot better in offense

Not to mention ares already beat wolverine so why are we even debating?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by zopzop

Against Ares, a guy that's nowhere near as strong as WWH and doesn't have a healing factor in that league, Wolverine can do serious damage if he connects once or two in a vital area. Ares has no vital areas , the guy had his brain blown out of his head and his spinal cord ripped out and his heart crushed and was still alive and fighting

Newjak
You have scans of the Venom/Colossus fight? I thought Colossus kayoed him with a brick and then hitched a ride from Iceman. I recall Ares getting one-shotted by WWHulk. Colossus atleast took a few hits and got some respect from the Hulk. Ares had his up and down moments.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

And been done.

Not really. How fast is Peter? Ares has good reflexes, speed, and agility. Way better than Peter i'd wager. Which fight did he fet demolished by herc? He fought evenly with herc on that helicarrier. Ares takes it to Colossus. He does even need to be at class 100. The is a better fighter than Colossus, he ain't just going to slug it out with Colossus.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Not really. How fast is Peter? Ares has good reflexes, speed, and agility. Way better than Peter i'd wager. Which fight did he fet demolished by herc? He fought evenly with herc on that helicarrier. Ares takes it to Colossus. He does even need to be at class 100. The is a better fighter than Colossus, he ain't just going to slug it out with Colossus.

Colossus has all those in a abundance as well. And I haven't seen anything from Ares that would suggest that his speed or agility is greater then Colossus's. And in all honesty I would wager that Colossus has better agility and speed feats over his 40 years of existing.

When he dipped his bullets in hydra blood and Amadeous hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D.S. computers. He was no match for Hercules's strength.

I would love to see Ares written better but as I stated two years ago for someone who is supposed to be the God of War and is meant to be an expert in tactics he has consistently been written as a hot-head who rushes into things.

So far Pak and Bendis have written Ares like a blithering ass who just bull rushes into fights. I hope Fraction changes that but as far as tactics go he's mostly been shown as nothing but a hot headed moron. Which shouldn't be for the God of War (Granted he's not a real God but still).

And his strength fluctuates greatly.

I wrote this before the Utopia crossover....I haven't seen a reason to change my stance.

juggernaut74
I believe Deadpool, Wolverine, and Psylocke have all been impressed with Colossus' speed.

WhiteWitchKing

Colossus has all those in a abundance as well. And I haven't seen anything from Ares that would suggest that his speed or agility is greater then Colossus's. And in all honesty I would wager that Colossus has better agility and speed feats over his 40 years of existing.

When he dipped his bullets in hydra blood and Amadeous hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D.S. computers. He was no match for Hercules's strength.

I would love to see Ares written better but as I stated two years ago for someone who is supposed to be the God of War and is meant to be an expert in tactics he has consistently been written as a hot-head who rushes into things.

I wrote this before the Utopia crossover....I haven't seen a reason to change my stance.

Go read Ares' mini. He goes through Hades' hordes, killing a demon the instant his horse was crushed. He shoots out a cops finger on the draw in the first issue. Hercules with Hydra's blood stomped wonderman in a few panels. Ares actually lasted longer than WM. As for skills, Ares got Colossus beat in that department too. Took down Phobos and could've snacked his neck had he wanted. Put A-bomb on his butt after A-bomb got the upperhand for a moment.

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up

Newjak
As for speed Ares was able to tag Hermes with a nail gun no expression

OneDumbG0
^ He also one-shotted Wolverine who acording to some, has genuine superspeed.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Newjak
As for speed Ares was able to tag Hermes with a nail gun no expression
That gives me an idea for a thread.

"Ares w/nail gun vs. Flash (Wally West)"

Newjak
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
That gives me an idea for a thread.

"Ares w/nail gun vs. Flash (Wally West)" laughing out loud

Ares w/ Nail-gun is the like the counter any speedster stick out tongue

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Newjak
laughing out loud

Ares w/ Nail-gun is the like the counter any speedster stick out tongue He did counter someone who resides in his own personalized time-bubble. He's no Batman, but it makes you think, hmm...

Newjak
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
He did counter someone who resides in his own personalized time-bubble. He's no Batman, but it makes you think, hmm... Haha, it one of things Ares just does that makes you remember yeah he is supposed to be a badA**

Simbon
Ares is easily the most powerful brick in comics. He punches Colossus in half.

vansonbee
When WWH was fighting Colossus, I don't think he was serious, who the heck gives a commentary, when he had a mission in mind.

WWH one shotting the Avengers, now he means business, especially Ares.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.