Jason Bourne vs. Thor (Mortal)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkNemesis
Suppose SHIELD decide to hire Jason Bourne to keep watch of the hammer instead of that big black dude. Fight takes place in the same area.

H2H battle until one combatant is subdued. Who would win? Would Thor be able to utilize his unsuccessful attempt at lifting the hammer, or does Bourne put him down before he gets the chance?

the ninjak
Thor's fought for hundreds of years in constant war. I reckon Thor would block all of Bourne's strikes then smite him good.

Placidity
I don't think so. His scuffle with guards when he tried to retrieve his hammer showed his style is very much brawler-like and not particularly skilled. Bourne would dismantle him efficiently.

Thoren
Even Thor mortal, he is strong, and those guards he took out, were probably all from special forces. I have no doubt Bourne is more versed in different methods of h2h, but Thor may be too strong for him.

Robtard
Bourne would beat the living crap out of him going from the fight-scene(s). Skill and speed > power, here.

Mindset
Originally posted by Placidity
I don't think so. His scuffle with guards when he tried to retrieve his hammer showed his style is very much brawler-like and not particularly skilled. Bourne would dismantle him efficiently. Seriously?

Those guards, elite shield agents, are trained in cqc, which is the reason they thought Thor was a mercenary. He was faster, stronger, and a better fighter than all of them. He was dodging/blocking punches/kicks, head kicking guys, and basically oneshotting them all.

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindset
Seriously?

Those guards, elite shield agents, are trained in cqc.

Sorry screen feats come first.

the ninjak
Seriously?

Those guards, elite shield agents, are trained in cqc, which is the reason they thought Thor was a mercenary. He was faster, stronger, and a better fighter than all of them. He was dodging/blocking punches/kicks, head kicking guys, and basically oneshotting them all.

That's the truth right there.

Mindset
Sorry screen feats come first. Sorry, screen feats show they are elite fighters being beaten by a better fighter, one with thousands of years of experience.

Anyway, you think Thor is a brawler, I think you need a rewatch.

Placidity
Sorry, screen feats show they are elite fighters being beaten by a better fighter, one with thousands of years of experience.

Firstly, it sounded very much like you were basing their apparent skills on their title and background and not feats (well because they have no feats really IMO). Inadvertently, you're still doing that by stating "thousands of years of experience" as if it holds any weight.

Secondly, the scenes don't show them as elite at all. If you just saw that fight scene randomly, without any information on who they were or what the movie was (introducing bias), I think most people will agree they are nowhere near Bourne's league. If you can't tell the immense difference in skill between someone like Bourne and those guards or Thor, then we'll just agree to disagree.

Mindset
Firstly, it sounded very much like you were basing their apparent skills on their title and background and not feats (well because they have no feats really IMO). Inadvertently, you're still doing that by stating "thousands of years of experience" as if it holds any weight.

Secondly, the scenes don't show them as elite at all. If you just saw that fight scene randomly, without any information on who they were or what the movie was (introducing bias), I think most people will agree they are nowhere near Bourne's league. If you can't tell the immense difference in skill between someone like Bourne and those guards or Thor, then we'll just agree to disagree. I'm basing their skills on them being described as some of the most highly skilled soldiers in the world. This description was used to show the disparity between them and Thor. I don't need to show they are anywhere near Bourne's league, because that wasn't the point. The point was Thor can easily defeat highly trained soldiers. My stating Thor has thousands of years of experience is to show one of the reasons why he was able to beat highly trained soldiers like children.

The fact that you think I'm comparing the guards to Bourne makes me think that you just barely skimmed my posts. You also think Thor is "very much brawler-like and not particularly skilled", makes me think you didn't pay attention during his fights, you don't remember them correctly, or you don't know what a brawler is.

Robtard
Thor was a charge in head-first fighter, relying more on his brutishness/brawling than precise skills. The guys he beat he did so with mostly basic punches, tosses and slams, those "elite" guys also seemed to want to get hit. He did do that one jump-up-double-leg-kick with that large black guy, that was kinda neat.

Claimed skills do not overpass shown skills. Sorry Thor fanboys.

Mindset
What part of brutish brawling allows you to slip punches, counter them, hip toss people, then do leg head kicks. Being flashier doesn't mean you're better, you don't know anything about fighting if you think what Thor did was brawling.

Robtard
You need to do these two things:

A) Get Thor's cock out of your ass.

B) Watch the film/scene again.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Robtard

Claimed skills do not overpass shown skills
thumb up

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
You need to do these two things:

A) Get Thor's cock out of your ass.

B) Watch the film/scene again. You mad.

http://i52.tinypic.com/33maefm.jpg

ares834
Bourne.

wakkawakkawakka
^^* But Thor looks manlier. Oh well based on fighting style Bourne would more than likely win.

maxman1180
Maybe, it was Thor..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.