Ben Grimm vs Captain America with a twists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright the twists are one Ben had been given the super soldier serum two has an indestructible shield with the time to practice with it proficiently and he has current fight skills. The earth is at stake.

Cogito
What?

golem370
If Ben had the same abilities and weapon who would win in a fight. This is not him as Thing but as a man would gets the same serum and gear as CA but with his toughness and willingness not to stop.

Cogito
How does Ben not lose?

JakeTheBank
So, basically, a physical copy of Steve Rogers with Ben's personality and presumably Ben's skill/fighting style?

Steve kicks his ass.

golem370
I think it would be a great fight, both are great fighters tough as nails and have a want to keep going. Thing has done some impressive tough feats like taking a flying punch from Gladiator thrown from ground level to the top floor of the baxter building he then stop Gladiator from attacking Sue by tackling him out of the building only to have been stop and drop most of the way down and then having a bus slammed on top of him. Thing also took a ton of punishment from Champion and lasting three rounds of planet busting punches. The idea to this thread is to see if Ben had been a equal to Captain America in powers and with a shield that he had learned to use could he stand toe to toe with Cap or even beat him.

golem370
I don't think he would easily or at all.

Scoobless
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So, basically, a physical copy of Steve Rogers with Ben's personality and presumably Ben's skill/fighting style?

Steve kicks his ass.

Pretty much

Uriel005
If you basically mean who wins this is the one who wants it more Steve takes this handily. His will is just to great. Thanos respects caps balls and dedication indeed it is what he modeled himself on for the lengths he is willing to go for death...

golem370
Thing is just as willing imo He is one of the most willing marvel heros out there.

Uriel005
Originally posted by golem370
Thing is just as willing imo He is one of the most willing marvel heros out there. true but the single main point of Cap is that it is not the formula nor his abilities that make him great but rather his raw willpower. Even if you took all his abilities away,crushed his bones, burned away his muscle and tissues, if it's physically possible for him to get up then he will. That is the main ability of Captain America.

golem370
But I think Ben as a person has the same mind set. I think Ben would be a very good Captain America an even match for Steve Rogers

Uriel005
But I think Ben as a person has the same mind set. I think Ben would be a very good Captain America an even match for Steve Rogers Sorry nothing against Ben. Personally I just think Steve is in a class of his own.

Black bolt z
Steve shoves his foot up bens ass.

golem370
Maybe not sure though

BUSTER1
Steve, but this is a very hard fight for him. Though Rogers has greater skills, Ben experiences as a street gang leader in his youth and his indomitable heart mean he won't go down easy.

Silent Master
With equal stats, it's comes down to skill and Steve's skill is >> Ben's.

golem370
It would come down to skill and heart.

CosmicComet
Ben is made to lose. He's one of the greatest losers in comics.

He loses beautifully, and then Cap will give a rousing speech in commending his admirable loser-ishness just like everyone else does for Ben.

Silent Master
It would come down to skill and heart.

Random black belt#1 can have all the heart he wants, he's not beating Chuck Norris.

golem370
Thing in my opinion underated

Silent Master
Not in this thread.

golem370
By most I think so

Silent Master
Who in this thread has under-rated Ben?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Silent Master
Who in this thread has under-rated Ben?

This. ben grimm is a good fighter with a lot of heart, but he's not on steve's skill level- Rogers at minimum has proficiency in all known martial arts, Ben doesn't have a decade or so to train in all the fighting styles that steve knows.

and cap's willpower and courage are off the charts. They were still talking about the dude in NUMEROUS future timelines (O.G. guardians of the galaxy, 2099, even Cable's future..thousands of years from now) as some kind of legendary figure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.