Name your top 5 villains from Stephen King films/miniseries

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
You can explain why you put the villains where and why you like them if you want or just list them.

jaden101
IT
Andre Linoge
Randall Flagg
The Langoliers
Captain Hadley.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden101
IT
Andre Linoge
Randall Flagg
The Langoliers
Captain Hadley. To me it comes down to Pennywise and Linoge as well but I need to see Storm of the Century again it's been years and it isn't on netflix nor at my local video store.

jaden101
Linoge is a highly underrated bad guy...Very imposing and creepy although I thought it wasn't necessary to show him as an old man...That made him seem a lot less intimidating.

Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come oooonnn in.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden101
Linoge is a highly underrated bad guy...Very imposing and creepy although I thought it wasn't necessary to show him as an old man...That made him seem a lot less intimidating.

Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come oooonnn in. I remember when they showed him at the end vaguely since it's been so long. I personally liked it showing his true older form. I just need to find it to rewatch it.

ares834
Pennywise: while not the greatest in the novel Tim Curry brings her to a new level and she truly becomes the stuff of your nightmares.
Jack Torrance: The only reason he is not first is because it's arguable that he is not a villian.
Warden Norton: Great villian from an even better movie.
Randal Flagg: While only a hollow shell of what he is in the novels, Flagg is still a frightening menace.
Andre Linoge: Frigtening and creepy... Need I say more.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Pennywise: while not the greatest in the novel Tim Curry brings her to a new level and she truly becomes the stuff of your nightmares.
Jack Torrance: The only reason he is not first is because it's arguable that he is not a villian.
Warden Norton: Great villian from an even better movie.
Randal Flagg: While only a hollow shell of what he is in the novels, Flagg is still a frightening menace.
Andre Linoge: Frigtening and creepy... Need I say more. Since when was Pennywise considered a she ?

ares834
It is female. At least in the novel and is laying eggs and such... Don't recall if this was in the movie though.

Mindset
It does not have a gender, but Pennywise is a guy.

quanchi112
It is female. At least in the novel and is laying eggs and such... Don't recall if this was in the movie though. I found on since I never read the book the losers club thinks it's female. That just killed "it" for me.

ares834
Originally posted by Mindset
It does not have a gender

The book actually exclaims at one "IT is female!?" Or something to that effect.

Arguable. If someone changes their gender, say from female to male, are they actually male? I'd say no. For me it's the same thing with Mytque. Sure she may turn into males but she is truly a female. And when I said Pennywise I was reffering to all of It not just the clown.

quanchi112
Well then due to this shocking revelation my list is easily done.

1.Andre Linoge
2.Overlook Hotel (yeah sue me but it changed jack's mind into becoming the psycho he later became)
3.Pennywise(Fell two notches due to being female)--screw you ares.
4.Randall Flagg
5.Christine (yeah I know female car but what am I going to do)

ares834
lol you're welcome quanchi! big grin

Mindset
The book actually exclaims at one "IT is female!?" Or something to that effect.

Arguable. If someone changes their gender, say from female to male, are they actually male? I'd say no. For me it's the same thing with Mytque. Sure she may turn into males but she is truly a female. And when I said Pennywise I was reffering to all of It not just the clown. It is a cosmic being without a gender.

Humans can not even see It's true form, they don't know if it is a male or female.

The form Pennywise is male.

ares834
The fact that it was female was a huge plot point.

"OH DEAR JESUS IT IS FEMALE"

"It's female, and It's pregnant . . . It was pregnant then and none of us knew except Stan, oh Jesus Christ YES, it was Stan, Stan, not Mike, Stan who understood, Stan who told us . . .That's why we had to come back, no matter what, because It is female, It's pregnant with some unimaginable spawn . . . and Its time has drawn close."

So unless you want to argue with the text, It's female.

quanchi112
The miniseries doesn't make it clear but apparently the book does. The form Pennywise seems to be male but as a shapeshifter that really doesn't prove anything. I'm almost mad enough to email Steve King and give me a piece of my mind.

Mindset
The fact that it was female was a huge plot point.

"OH DEAR JESUS IT IS FEMALE"

"It's female, and It's pregnant . . . It was pregnant then and none of us knew except Stan, oh Jesus Christ YES, it was Stan, Stan, not Mike, Stan who understood, Stan who told us . . .That's why we had to come back, no matter what, because It is female, It's pregnant with some unimaginable spawn . . . and Its time has drawn close."

So unless you want to argue with the text, It's female. Because they perceived it as a giant spider laying eggs, which would be female, that wasn't it's true from.

It even says his name is Robert.

I don't know what you aren't getting. It's a cosmic being that shape shifts into what ever form it wants. It has no set gender because it's a genderless entity that exists outside of our physical world.

ares834
There's a reason King's typing up characters saying "IT'S FEMALE!"

There is simply no reason to believe he is lying to us.

I don't know what you aren't getting. It's a cosmic being that shape shifts into what ever form it wants. It has no set gender because it's a genderless entity that exists outside of our physical world.

Why must a cosmic being be genderless? Hell, look at the Crimson King. He is well beyond Pennywise in the cosmic scale and is clearly a male figure.

Mindset
He isn't lying, he also wasn't speaking as an omniscient narrator, those were kids (humans) who are incapable of seeing It's true form.

Why must it be genderless? Idk, ask King, he made it genderless.

It is just energy, did you completely forget what the Deadlights were, did you forget how It was described in the Macroverse?

ares834
He isn't lying, he also was speaking as an omnicient narrator, those were kids (humans) who are incapable of seeing It's true form.

Why must it be genderless? Idk, ask King, he made it genderless.

Not once stated.

Sure. Which doesn't preclude the possability of It being female.

Mindset
Not once stated.

Sure. Which doesn't preclude the possability of It being female. It doesn't have to be stated if you're able to comprehend the book. Being composed of only energy and not having a physical body precludes the possibility of it being female, especially when that being routinely shapeshifts from inanimate objects, animals, body parts, etc.

The Losers said it was female because that was the only way they could comprehend it. It said it's real name was Robert Gray, the name of a male. It also was primarily in the form of Pennywise, a male clown.

The "proof" of It being female is laughable.

ares834
It doesn't have to be stated if you're able to comprehend the book. Being composed of only energy and not having a physical body precludes the possibility of it being female, especially when that being routinely shapeshifts from inanimate objects, animals, body parts, etc.

Not really. It is beyond the scope of human understanding. I mean energy isn't actually alive, yet It is. And it does have a physical body on Earth.

And it's true physical form is female.

Yep, the revelations of characters in a book are laugable.

Mindset
Except in this work of fiction energy, Deadlights, is alive.

It doesn't have a true physical form... facepalm

No, your using their "revelation" as proof is laughable.

ares834
Except in this work of fiction energy, Deadlights, is alive.

It doesn't have a true physical form... facepalm

No, your using their "revelation" as proof is laughable. And if Deadlights can be alive despite being energy do it can also have gender. But I'm not necessarily saying the Deadlights are female only that it's physical form does.

Yes it does the "spider". Think Jesus and God.

As is how you throw out all form of evidence in favor of your own interpretation.

quanchi112
Originally posted by quanchi112
Well then due to this shocking revelation my list is easily done.

1.Andre Linoge
2.Overlook Hotel (yeah sue me but it changed jack's mind into becoming the psycho he later became)
4.Randall Flagg
5.Christine (yeah I know female car but what am I going to do)

Changing my list because I forgot about room 1408.

1.Linoge (Storm of the Century)
2.Overlook Hotel
3.Room 1408 (the Cusack flick)
4.Pennywise (that worthless female spider)
5.Randall Flagg

Mindset
And if Deadlights can be alive despite being energy do it can also have gender. But I'm not necessarily saying the Deadlights are female only that it's physical form does.

Yes it does the "spider". Think Jesus and God.

As is how you throw out all form of evidence in favor of your own interpretation. It does not have a singular physical form...

The spider isn't it's true physical form, which it does not have, that's only what they were able to visualize with their limited perception.

I'm not ignoring anything, the fact that I'm looking at all the evidence shows that it is not female. Evidence which I have presented that you did not respond to because you have no response, such as It saying it's real name is that of a male and that his primary form outside of the macroverse is male.

ares834
I never once said singilur only true. And the "Spider" is it's true form once all disguises are gone.

Bob Gray appears to be just another name for the Clown, and at one point in the novel when It is talking about It's "fadder" it says that's not even Its true name.

And since when was it male in the Macroverse? Hell you said it couldn't even have a gender in such a form.

Impediment
Jesus Christ. Are you guys really arguing over the gender of a psychic monster that preys on childen?

FYI, there are certain species of male animals that lay eggs. Fact.

My list:

-Jack Torrance from The Shining (Kubrick's)
-Pennywise the Clown (IT)
-Gage Creed (Pet Sematary)
-Job Smith (The Lawnmower Man)
-Annie Wilkes (Misery)

Mindset
I never once said singilur only true. And the "Spider" is it's true form once all disguises are gone.

Bob Gray appears to be just another name for the Clown, and at one point in the novel when It is talking about It's "fadder" it says that's not even Its true name.

And since when was it male in the Macroverse? Hell you said it couldn't even have a gender in such a form. It can only have one true from...no, it's not, it's the closet humans could perceive.

And at one point It says that's it's true name.

No where in my post did I say it was male in the macroverse...

Originally posted by Impediment
Jesus Christ. Are you guys really arguing over the gender of a psychic monster that preys on childen?

FYI, there are certain species of male animals that lay eggs. Fact.

My list:

-Jack Torrance from The Shining (Kubrick's)
-Pennywise the Clown (IT)
-Gage Creed (Pet Sematary)
-Job Smith (The Lawnmower Man)
-Annie Wilkes (Misery) Yes, it's the internet.

Impediment
The title of the thread says villains from film/tv, not book.

In the IT mini-series, Pennywise the clown is male, as he is portrayed by Tim Curry.

The actual, physical form of Pennywise, a.k.a. IT, is a psychic monster that has no name.

Pennywise is a psychic personification used to terrify and lure children to their deaths.

quanchi112
The title of the thread says villains from film/tv, not book.

In the IT mini-series, Pennywise the clown is male, as he is portrayed by Tim Curry.

The actual, physical form of Pennywise, a.k.a. IT, is a psychic monster that has no name.

Pennywise is a psychic personification used to terrify and lure children to their deaths. I'm too scared to ever truly like Pennywise again. The fact It could still be a female spider keeps me awake at night.

Mindset
I'm too scared to ever truly like Pennywise again. The fact It could still be a female spider keeps me awake at night. You have your shields though.

quanchi112
You have your shields though. The only way to solve this is to contact Stephen King himself. I need to know is Pennywise really a giant female spider or is it a genderless being made of deadlights. He'll understand where I am coming from.

Mindset
http://www.stephenking.com/press.php

ares834
It can only have one true from...

In the physical world It's the "Spider".

There is a reason I'm putting Spider in " marks...

Where? Regardless it says Its true name is not Robert Gray.

Ah... Read it wrong.

quanchi112
http://www.stephenking.com/press.php I can't find an email. I'm a sad panda.

theICONiac
I can't find an email. I'm a sad panda.

Hey Quanchi! Try this:

http://www.stephenking.com/contact.php

I'm not going to be able to sleep until I find out the truth about 'It'.

quanchi112
Originally posted by theICONiac
Hey Quanchi! Try this:

http://www.stephenking.com/contact.php

I'm not going to be able to sleep until I find out the truth about 'It'. It keeps saying error all fields are required despite all fields being entered. I now hate the guy who set up this generic website.

ADarksideJedi
IT:Because of him I am now scared of clowns
Mollymessedhe remains me alittle of a lady that I know
Jacob:Creepy but in a good way(children of the corn)
Melachitemessedpooky but bad a kid(Children of the Corn)
Carrie:Everyone had that kind of expence of being the one kid people thought was strange and made fun of. I was like Carrie but did not have the powers that she has.

quanchi112
Just finally rewatched Storm of the Century. I had to order it off of amazon. Andre Linoge to me is by far his best villain on screen.

NemeBro
Quan why does It being possibly female make you dislike It?

EvilAngel

Fell two notches for being female?

Pray tell, why would that be?

But yeah, agreed erm

1) The Doll from The X Files; Chinga (My god nothing ever aired on tv ever horrified me as much as that damn thing! >.< Later I found out Stephen King wrote this episode. Yeah it's not a movie or mini series, but it was on tv, and it's Stephen King, so eh...)
2) It from It(Would be 1, but as Impediment said, movie version only)
3) Annie Wilkes from Misery (Sledgehammer + Ankles..... *pales* D= )
4) Jack Torrance from The Shining (Heeeeeere's Johnny!)
5) Mrs. Carmody from The Mist (Very Religious people have always weirded me out but she's a special case)

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Quan why does It being possibly female make you dislike It? Because I am male. If I were female I probably wouldn't like male characters.Originally posted by EvilAngel
Fell two notches for being female?

Pray tell, why would that be?

But yeah, agreed erm

1) The Doll from The X Files; Chinga (My god nothing ever aired on tv ever horrified me as much as that damn thing! >.< Later I found out Stephen King wrote this episode. Yeah it's not a movie or mini series, but it was on tv, and it's Stephen King, so eh...)
2) It from It(Would be 1, but as Impediment said, movie version only)
3) Annie Wilkes from Misery (Sledgehammer + Ankles..... *pales* D= )
4) Jack Torrance from The Shining (Heeeeeere's Johnny!)
5) Mrs. Carmody from The Mist (Very Religious people have always weirded me out but she's a special case) See the above answer. I've never been able to like female characters for this very reason no matter how cool they are.

After rewatching storm of the century though Linoge had number 1 locked up regardless.

FinalAnswer
Because I am male. If I were female I probably wouldn't like male characters.

You're a clownshoe.

NemeBro
Because I am male. If I were female I probably wouldn't like male characters. erm

Nephthys
erm x 2

quanchi112
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
You're a clownshoe. Uh. good one....but is this your final answer ?Originally posted by NemeBro
erm You asked for my reason I gave it. I see no reason why you or anyone can criticize why I do or don't like a character.

FinalAnswer
Uh. good one....but is this your final answer ?

That one's already been done.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
That one's already been done. Prove it.

EvilAngel
Because I am male. If I were female I probably wouldn't like male characters. See the above answer. I've never been able to like female characters for this very reason no matter how cool they are.

I have to ask, LolWut?

You think I don't like male characters?

To be blunt I prefer them due to the sex appeal, though that is kind of redundant when it comes to the scary characters.

I'm not sure what your deal is, but I'm somewhat sure liking someone less due to their sex is... Well I mean, do you like KMC members less due to their sex?

Well on your own head I guess.

Personally I found Linoge a bit... 'meh'. He has some cool lines but all in all he seemed to rely on a persons innate weakness and sins. Not that I'm an angel *points to name* but that just doesn't really do anything for me. Good movie all the same though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by EvilAngel
I have to ask, LolWut?

You think I don't like male characters?

To be blunt I prefer them due to the sex appeal, though that is kind of redundant when it comes to the scary characters.

I'm not sure what your deal is, but I'm somewhat sure liking someone less due to their sex is... Well I mean, do you like KMC members less due to their sex?

Well on your own head I guess.

Personally I found Linoge a bit... 'meh'. He has some cool lines but all in all he seemed to rely on a persons innate weakness and sins. Not that I'm an angel *points to name* but that just doesn't really do anything for me. Good movie all the same though. No, this only has to do with fantasy characters. Most people have no problem liking fanasy characters that belong to the opposite sex it's just a thing with me.

Yes, he did seem to really capitalize on their past wrongdoings but the guy wasn't really horrible in the sense he was honest in what he wanted and did leave them alone and let them decide as a group. He's still a villain not a 100 percent evil villain who lies all the time and tries to screw everyone over.

The actor did a tremendous job and brought a level of charm to Linoge I see a lot of villains lack.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.