The Chronicles of Narnia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
After wandering the internet aimlessly and looking at LOTR stuff on TheOneRing.net, I came across something I found interesting.

It was LOTR-related news about Weta Workshop, the company that made the swords, chain-main, helms, Orc make-up, and the like, for the Lord of the Rings films, just incase you didn't know. They have been contracted to do that sort of thing for a new movie: The Chronicles of Narnia.

Supposedly the first film is scheduled to be playing in theaters by mid-2004, the guy who directed the animated movie Shrek (I'm sure you all know Shrek...) will be directing CON. It will be live action (otherwise Weta Workshop wouldn't be needed, would it?), and will be excellent.

If you've read the books, you'll know what the movie will be like. If they separated the books like they have for LOTR and HP, it will stretch to 7 films. Though it is not quite like the hack-and-slash, action-packed books of LOTR, it is still quite a fascinating book. I hope it is good, for they were some of my favorite books, especially The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

mah
I'm damn well hoping
a) the actors speak british
b)something not likely; the main theme is kept the same. (please, pleaaase)

i loved the series

Thomas H
it was wonderfull

Ushgarak
This has been filmed, done for tv, animated, done for tv again, done for tv AGAIN...

Now filmed again, huh? Hmm... we will see.

Mujaffa
i've heard of Narnia but...I can't place it

Captain REX
The series is by C.S. Lewis, Mujaffa. Lewis and Tolkien were good friends, and they both have Christian-type things in their stories, like the Ring is sin and Aslan the Lion from Narnia is like God.

Captain REX
Ush, have there been any really good versions of it? The last two I saw were pretty corny...

Ushgarak
There was a passable BBC one.

mah
with GREAT music

Captain REX
Ah yes, I think I've seen that one.

Did Aslan look fake? If so, I've seen it.

Ushgarak
That's ALL of them.

Thomas H
hehe

Julie
I haven't read all of the Chronicles of Narnia...there are 7 books....
they were good...the ones that I did read.
I haven't seen all the movies about them though

GordonSkywalker
The Silver Chair was my favorite when it first broadcast on PBS back in late 1990. British actor and former "Doctor Who" star Tom Baker played the part of Puddleglum,the Marsh Wiggle hermit who helps the children in the story. It was pretty good. I also got to watch a box set version in 2000. Once again, Tom brought the house down! Great stuff and I heartily recommend the books as well!

Julie
whoa....lots of info there......*waits*
ok I think I got itall now

GordonSkywalker
Ah yes, another classic, even if it is probably meant for younger viewers...I mainly watched it to see Tom Baker in a role othr than"Dr Who".

Ushgarak
He was remarkably scary as Professor Plum in the second series of the quiz show 'Cluedo'. And remarkably rubbish as Sherlock Homes- establishing a rule that anyone who is any good at playing The Doctor is bad at playing Sherlock Holmes, and vice versa.

GordonSkywalker
Yes, there are similiarities in the two characters, but one should not necessarily play the other role. Tom Baker got to play Sherlock Holmes mainly because of his performance in a "Dr Who" episode set in Victorian London called "The Talons of Weng-Chiang" back in 1977.He forewent his usual attire in favor of a deerstalkers cap and Holmesian costume.

Captain REX
I remember that Marshwiggle guy...it has been awhile since I have read the book. I'm 15 now so...I was 11 when I read them last!

GordonSkywalker
Yes, another literay classic series. Although I have long sinced outgrown them.

Julie
*gasps* Capt rex is 15?????!!!!???

Ushgarak
Talons of Weng-Chiang was bloody brilliant...

I always thought the Chronicles rather petered out as time went by.

Corran
yes mentally, but physically he is a wreck. only joking.

I cannot see the Chronicles of Narnia making a good script for a movie, let alone seven, ht elion the witch and the wardrobe is the best hope, but in my opinion falls short o a good movie script.

Julie
I haven't read them in awhile, but I remember enjoying the silver Chair and Prince Caspian....

mah
well I'd like a narnia film..

Julie
good....uh are they making one for sure??????????????

Captain REX
Yes, I am 15, Julie. Didn't you know?

They would probably add more action to the films. The Boy and His Horse was the boringest, so they'd need to revise that.

JLRTENJAC
I had to read The lion, The witch and the wardrobe in 5th grade, I loved it, but strangly I couldn't find them any where, but about a year ago I found all seven in one book, so I got it... I'm on Voyage of the Dawn Treader tight now.

And also a friend of mine started a bible study based on it. He loves the cronicles.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Captain REX

They would probably add more action to the films. The Boy and His Horse was the boringest, so they'd need to revise that.

It's a horse and his boy, and I liked that one.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Captain REX

Wow you're a moderator aren't you?

ThePhantomsKiss
Believe it or not I haven't seen it...What's it about??

Undying
What the hell is the Chronicles Of Narnia, Sounds gay.

belbel300
a set of books, that is being made into a good set of films, The lion the witch and the wardrobe comes out this christmas

If u dont know what it is, what is the point posting on this thread!!

ThePhantomsKiss
Umm...I saw a book in the Christian book store....Is it supposed to be a Christian flick? big grin

belbel300
nooo, its fantasy, kids book, u no, C.S. Lewis, famous author blink

bilb
Originally posted by Undying
What the hell is the Chronicles Of Narnia, Sounds gay.

you;re kidding right? no expression

Sibry
For those of you who have not seen the trailer for the film here it is. Some of it looks like Lord of the Rings all over again. Still it could be good.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/thechroniclesofnarnia/

3D Figure
Do you guys think the movie will be better for those that are familiar with the story, or do youthink many are getting to reading the books before the movie comes out. I'm still on the fence on reading the books?

3D Figure
I have some images of some of the character sculpts being done by WETA. They are in the gallery section. Aslan is quite impresive

fruits
this movie is gonna be awesome. but hey, its kind of a fantasy movie, and there's a current thread on it in the sci fi/fantasy forum, so i fyou could post further comments about the movie here please: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f88/t309309.html
thanks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.