Final Fantasy X HD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1194253p1.html

I'm surprised it isn't FFVII, but yeah, I loved FFX, good times.

-Pr-
Balls.

Martian_mind
Well I just came.

For the 42nd time after reading this.

Oops, there I go again.

Peach
...oh, son of a *****.

I had figured that they were never going to come out with anything that would cause me to want to buy a PS3. And now this firefirefireph

Zack Fair
Is it a full remake ala Halo Anniversary or just an HD upgrade?

BackFire
This is awesome. Been wanting to play FFX again but have been too lazy to hook up the PS2.

Zack Fair
...?

Really?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Is it a full remake ala Halo Anniversary or just an HD upgrade?

HD upgrade.

Peach
I'm hoping that it's an upgrade of the International version, as that had extra bosses and the Dark Aeons and the like...I was always annoyed that I couldn't get that version. That would be so awesome.

§P0oONY
Great news! FFX is my favourite game in the series, so I'm happy it's getting the release before FFVII.

Originally posted by Peach
I'm hoping that it's an upgrade of the International version, as that had extra bosses and the Dark Aeons and the like...I was always annoyed that I couldn't get that version. That would be so awesome. Never heard of importing? I was glad that we got content the yanks didn't... about ****ing time, I've had to import games for years.

Peach
PS2s are region-coded, so I would have had to get a Japanese PS2 or mod it myself, neither of which I was able to do.

S_D_J
I also hope it's the International Version, it was tad better with the extra fights and stuff

plus not many people this side of the planet got to enjoy it, so it should be fair

§P0oONY
PS2s are region-coded, so I would have had to get a Japanese PS2 or mod it myself, neither of which I was able to do. Swap magic...

Also, why would you get the Japanese version?

The Pal version is also the international version.

Peach

§P0oONY
Because Japanese PS2s will play PAL games, as well as have the voltage as American systems; no converters or modding or anything needed. PAL games do not play on American PS2s.

Either way, it would have cost more money than I could afford to spend on stuff like that back when I was in high school stick out tongue As I said... Swapmagic.... That's how I played Japanese/Yankee software on my PS2. Which involves no modding and no alternate hardware. And Japan PS2s don't support PAL software... They're NTSC.

And importing really isn't much more expensice than getting your own software.

Peach
Importing games can be significantly more expensive than buying copies made in your region; I've imported plenty of things like CDs and books, and have looked into importing certain games before they had US releases, so I do know this. And this is the first time I've heard of Swap Magic; something which 10 years ago I'd've had no way of purchasing anyway.

I was mistaken on PAL games playing on Japanese systems; I was relying on my memory of a friend that had a Japanese PS2 playing FFX International and forgot the fact that the International version had a Japanese release as well.

jinXed by JaNx
PS2s are region-coded, so I would have had to get a Japanese PS2 or mod it myself, neither of which I was able to do.

i didnt have an international version and there were dark aeons in my game

Peach
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i didnt have an international version and there were dark aeons in my game

That's not possible, as they weren't in the original Japanese or US releases, only the Japanese and PAL International versions.

I'm not talking about when you fight the aeons at the end of the game during the final boss fights; I'm talking about something completely different.

Zack Fair
That's not possible, as they weren't in the original Japanese or US releases, only the Japanese and PAL International versions.

I'm not talking about when you fight the aeons at the end of the game during the final boss fights; I'm talking about something completely different.

thumb up

§P0oONY

Barker
I'm happy it's X instead of VII, but where is IX? hmm

Zack Fair
lol.

FF7 will get the full remake 131

Barker
uhuh

I always loved exploring Lindblum in IX, for some reason it was VERY immersive for me back in the day.

Never played VII, watched a friend do the opening sequence (I think) where they are on a train or something and it looked boring. srug

§P0oONY
Final Fantasy IX was near perfect. The only thing that let it down were the annoying steal rates.

As for FFVII... massivly overrated. It's great, but easily the weakest of the PSX trio.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Barker
uhuh

I always loved exploring Lindblum in IX, for some reason it was VERY immersive for me back in the day.

Never played VII, watched a friend do the opening sequence (I think) where they are on a train or something and it looked boring. srug

biscuits

FFIX is awesome. Square Enix should give up making new FF games and just give the old FF games a release with current-gen graphics.

They went downhill after FFX.

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Final Fantasy IX was near perfect. The only thing that let it down were the annoying steal rates.

As for FFVII... massivly overrated. It's great, but easily the weakest of the PSX trio.

It is overrated, but not massive like you said. Weakest of the trio? I disagree.

Hope FFX comes out for the 360 too. Would be so awesome to get a chance to replay it without having to buy another PS3/2

Peach
I found FFIX's biggest problem to be how slow combat was. So annoying.

And FFVII is indeed massively overrated, but definitely not the weakest of the PSX FFs. That would be FFVIII.

Zack Fair
Gotta love opinions. FFIX is the weakest one to me. Having said that I still enjoyed it a lot, mostly because I loved the humor in it.

I agree about the gameplay.

Scythe
This better be released with a good price though, like Halo CE, especially if it's just an HD update.

-Pr-
IX was the one I least enjoyed, personally (vii being the most).

When I told my brother about this, he freaked out. In a good way. I hope they at least do a good job with it, not like Konami's f*ck up with MGS2.

Scythe
WAT? Konami f*cked up with MGS2? What did they do?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Scythe
WAT? Konami f*cked up with MGS2? What did they do?

They were supposed to be re-releasing it in HD, but early reports i've read said they didn't really do a whole lot.

§P0oONY
I found FFIX's biggest problem to be how slow combat was. So annoying.

And FFVII is indeed massively overrated, but definitely not the weakest of the PSX FFs. That would be FFVIII. Combat was only really slow because of the steal rates. ATB bars charged slower... but there were 4 characters in a team.

FFVIII is maybe my favourite of the trio. It's storyline was probably the best of any FF game I can think of. It does has the weakest gameplay of the PSX games though, the junction system was nifty but it was overpowered and drawing was a bore, not to mention setting up your junctions everytime you had a forced party change was a drag. I can look passed all of this for the story though. Squall/Rinoa was tehh best romance in any FF game and no one goes through a character transformation like Squall in any FF game.

§P0oONY
This better be released with a good price though, like Halo CE, especially if it's just an HD update. These "Classics HD" (as they are known here) are always budget releases.

Scythe

-Pr-
Ah, and I bet there's still no word on a MGS: 1 update?

That's good to hear, I wouldn't mind double-dipping for this game then.

Not that I know of, and lord knows that game could do with it. I dunno if we'll see it while it's still on the PSN, though...

Peach

General Kaliero

§P0oONY
FF8 had a decent story...until you hit disc 4 and everything just went to hell. And took off on a completely different plot entirely. Squall and Rinoa were such a terrible couple, though; there was literally nothing there. He showed no interest in her and she started going "oh Squall I love you!" out of the blue.

And character transformation? There wasn't one. You need to play it again... Becasue you obviously misinterpreted it.

Squall was always interested in Rinoa, but he was constantly fighting the "Why commit to a friendship/relationship when there are no guarantees that it's going to last" mindset that he had developed since his childhood. We get to see Squall open up to his companions during the game, we see him embrace the role as leader which he hated at the beginning and see him become a true hero who fights for his new found friends.

The storyline did get little silly, I will agree with you there... and the scene at the orphanage where they all discuss their childhood was just ridiculous, but no Final Fantasy (Except maybe X) has had such an impact on me. The ending made me feel genuinely happy nad the scenes in space turned my stone heart to mush. Simply brilliant.
Squall is tarred as whiny or emo by idiots IMO. Who simply don't understand what the game was trying to do. Squall is not a two dimensional character like 99% of VG characters... and I personally think that the character development and relationship development of VIII are second to none in the FF franchise.

Just for the record I am an unashamed Final Fantasy fan. They are my favourite game series and so don't take me sucking the cock of one FF game as spitting it in the eye of another (not saying anyone has... just in case someone does). Saying FFVII is the weakest game of the PSX series is not saying that the game is weak at all. It's just that FFVIII and FFIX are fighting hard at the top of my all time FF list (with X and VI). FFVII is a great game... I just find myself resenting it due to the numbers of people who claim that it's on of the best game of all time.

Final Fantasy games will be dividing opinion until the end of time. So long as people keep buying them and keep enjoying them I'll be happy. I just hope Squenix get their arse in gear and make another classic.... as this thread has reminded me... it's been 10 years.

Impediment
FFVII is indeed massively overrated

Blasphemy! faint

I think the last time I actually played FFX was when I was stationed at Ft. Hood in 2002. I can't remember much of the game, in fact. All I remember is that I enjoyed playing it, but I hated Blitzball.

I just might end up buying this HD version.

One question, though: How linear is the game? I mean, FFXIII is VERY linear and it kinda put me off. To me, the best aspect of any FF game is world exploration.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by General Kaliero
FF8 had a storyline?

As I remember, Squall was whiny and Rinoa enabled him, the group ran around the world for a while, the old dude was weird, and then Edea revealed the actual big bad from nowhere just before Squeenix ran out of game.

Yes FF8 had a storyline. uhuh

Originally posted by §P0oONY
You need to play it again... Becasue you obviously misinterpreted it.

Squall was always interested in Rinoa, but he was constantly fighting the "Why commit to a friendship/relationship when there are no guarantees that it's going to last" mindset that he had developed since his childhood. We get to see Squall open up to his companions during the game, we see him embrace the role as leader which he hated at the beginning and see him become a true hero who fights for his new found friends.

The storyline did get little silly, I will agree with you there... and the scene at the orphanage where they all discuss their childhood was just ridiculous, but no Final Fantasy (Except maybe X) has had such an impact on me. The ending made me feel genuinely happy nad the scenes in space turned my stone heart to mush. Simply brilliant.
Squall is tarred as whiny or emo by idiots IMO. Who simply don't understand what the game was trying to do. Squall is not a two dimensional character like 99% of VG characters... and I personally think that the character development and relationship development of VIII are second to none in the FF franchise.

Just for the record I am an unashamed Final Fantasy fan. They are my favourite game series and so don't take me sucking the cock of one FF game as spitting it in the eye of another (not saying anyone has... just in case someone does). Saying FFVII is the weakest game of the PSX series is not saying that the game is weak at all. It's just that FFVIII and FFIX are fighting hard at the top of my all time FF list (with X and VI). FFVII is a great game... I just find myself resenting it due to the numbers of people who claim that it's on of the best game of all time.

Final Fantasy games will be dividing opinion until the end of time. So long as people keep buying them and keep enjoying them I'll be happy. I just hope Squenix get their arse in gear and make another classic.... as this thread has reminded me... it's been 10 years.

thumb up

At least someone around here got Squall's characterization. To be honest I hated Rinoa at first, but when I replayed the game I learned how important she was to Squall's character development. FF8 had flaws, but it isn't black sheep many fans make it out to be. To be honest if it wasn't for FFVII popping my RPG cherry 8 would be my favorite FF. I could relate to the characters a lot more than in any other FF game.

Originally posted by Impediment
Blasphemy! faint

I think the last time I actually played FFX was when I was stationed at Ft. Hood in 2002. I can't remember much of the game, in fact. All I remember is that I enjoyed playing it, but I hated Blitzball.

One question, though: How linear is the game? I mean, FFXIII is VERY linear and it kinda put me off. To me, the best aspect of any FF game is world exploration.

FFX is almost as linear as FFXIII.

§P0oONY
Blasphemy! faint

One question, though: How linear is the game? I mean, FFXIII is VERY linear and it kinda put me off. To me, the best aspect of any FF game is world exploration. FFX is 99% linear... you follow a set path until the end of the game. You can revisit pretty much everywhere at the end of the game though.

It's such a good game that it doesn't matter though.... unlike XIII.

§P0oONY
Yes FF8 had a storyline. uhuh

thumb up

At least someone around here got Squall's characterization. To be honest I hated Rinoa at first, but when I replayed the game I learned how important she was to Squall's character development. FF8 had flaws, but it isn't black sheep many fans make it out to be. To be honest if it wasn't for FFVII popping my RPG cherry 8 would be my favorite FF. I could relate to the characters a lot more than in any other FF game.

FFX is almost as linear as FFXIII. VII popped my cherry too.... but everoyne knows your first time isn't the best. big grin

Zack Fair
True, but FFVII did have the epic buildup to the final showdown with Sephiroth. That is the main reason 7 is the favorite, because I was genuinely pissed at Sephiroth and wanted to kill him to death.

Squall is still my favorite protagonist with Zidane coming 2nd tied with Laguna. Cloud would be third...I just don't like the way AC made him an emo pussy after he had grown strong in 7.

Nephthys
Blasphemy! faint

Its not as linear as 13. You can go to shops and buy stuff, theres a ton of side quests that open up fairly quickly and you can actually go to towns and talk to people! Also you have control over your party selection throughout most of the game, except the underwater missions. I switch out Tidus since about the second town and I got through ok. Furthermore the Sphere grid does allow for customisation, unlike the Crystarium.

Its pretty much just the story thats linear and it will shepard you around quite a bit on a set path. But it didn't bother me any.

§P0oONY
True, but FFVII did have the epic buildup to the final showdown with Sephiroth. That is the main reason 7 is the favorite, because I was genuinely pissed at Sephiroth and wanted to kill him to death.

Squall is still my favorite protagonist with Zidane coming 2nd tied with Laguna. Cloud would be third...I just don't like the way AC made him an emo pussy after he had grown strong in 7. Sephiroth did set the mould for FF villains. Both Kuja and Seymour are pretty sorry clones. He'll pretty much always have the crown for best villain in a Final Fantasy game.

As for protagonist Squall probably takes the cake for me too. And as unpopular as this might sound.... Tidus would probably be my second, if only because of the final twist.... oh... and I have purged the laughing scene from my memory)

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Nephthys
Its not as linear as 13. You can go to shops and buy stuff, theres a ton of side quests that open up fairly quickly and you can actually go to towns and talk to people! Also you have control over your party selection throughout most of the game, except the underwater missions. I switch out Tidus since about the second town and I got through ok. Furthermore the Sphere grid does allow for customisation, unlike the Crystarium.

Its pretty much just the story thats linear and it will shepard you around quite a bit on a set path. But it didn't bother me any. There is no penalty for using all party members... Why neglect one?

It's pretty painless leveling them all.

The expert sphere grid (found in the Int release) was fantastic... I fund myself putting everyone but Lulu and Yuna on Auron's sphere path... making the entire party so overpowered.

Zack Fair

Peach

Zack Fair
I agree about the Sphere Grid. It is my favorite leveling up system.

Nephthys

§P0oONY
Well, every FF is very linear in story. FFX (and FFXIII, for that matter) are not really unusual in that. Exploration's always been less important than advancing the plot itself.

I'd leave out certain characters because I simply didn't like using them. I had them all covering everything on the sphere grid, but I still stuck with the same main party through most of the game (usually Lulu, Yuna, and either Auron or Rikku).

The sphere grid is probably my favorite leveling system in any FF game, that's for certain. I remember one point in the game where ability spheres became scarce but it doesn't last long, and in general it was just fun. That's one of the things that I loved about FFXIII - the level system there was essentially the sphere grid on crack.

There's no such thing as X-2, what is this nonsense you speak of?

I really disliked Tidus at first as well, but came to like him as a character by the end of the game. I also love that the ending wasn't the usual super-happy ending that's so common. There is no reason to leave them out... Swap them in, defend, swap them out... it takes seconds. XP isn't split depending on the number of characters you use.

Plus if you want to beat the Dark Aeons and such... you really need all the characters... With a fully maxed out sphere grid. (no empty nodes)

FFXIII 's Crystarium wasn't the Sphere Grid on crack... None of the Crystarium grids had any notable paths... Just the odd skilll and group of nodes. Not customisable at all.

Zack Fair

Nephthys

Zack Fair
And a shitload of money. And Luck and the mother ****er has to like you.

§P0oONY
Actually you just need Yuna and Yojimbo. That kind of takes the fun out of it...

Which is kind of the point.

Nephthys

Peach

§P0oONY
Grinding every single character to max is 'fun' for you?

Er, sure whatever.....

Its easier than grinding to perfect stats. I'm a Final Fantasy fan....

So yes... yes it is.

§P0oONY
If I don't particularly like a character, then I'm not going to use them if I don't have to. Why waste time going "swap in - defend - swap out" when I could have used those turns to attack with a character I actually liked using and ended the fight faster? stick out tongue

Plus, y'know, if you had read, you'd see that I said that I had everyone leveled and covering everything on the sphere grid. I just also preferred to stick with a core party and didn't like to use the other characters if I didn't need to.

Each character's crystarium didn't intersect (and were each different), but yeah, it was pretty similar to the sphere grid. Nodes along paths on a grid, while able to go between each character's available roles, leveling both those and their crystarium. It's not the same, but it is very similar. Each to their own... Just makes me cry inside. stick out tongue

Edit: Ah fair enough.... I did the same... Tidus, Auron and Rikku (usually)

The Crystarium was a poor mans Sphere Grid. I thought it was great at the beginning... Expecting it to make me choose later on between skills... but no.... no

Peach

Zack Fair

§P0oONY
I also didn't bother to start swapping in Wakka and Kimahri to level them up until I had gotten to the Omega Ruins and suddenly had more spheres than I could ever hope to use stick out tongue I never used them unless necessary (rarely used Tidus but he got leveled sooner), so I didn't really see much of a point. Lulu and Yuna were ending fights in the first turn or two on their own as it was big grin

I'm an FF fan, but I don't like unnecessary grind that much. And I'll happily point out where there are flaws in the series. I'm not the kind of fan where just because something has the name on it I'm going to immediately think it's great. I really didn;t find it a grind, wapping our characters took no time at all... and I got into the habit right at the start.

I haven't 100% FFXII... so I'm not just doing it becasue it's a FF game.

I'm just a competionist... and a Final Fantasy game is usaully worth 100%-ing

BackFire
VIII's storyline is objectively weak and sloppy. Its main villain is introduced in perhaps the laziest way possible (Via a dialogue box towards the end of the game) and it was done so way too late into the storyline to be even remotely successful, and was never even attempted to be given any depth. Then the villain that is the most developed (Seifer) ended up being nothing but a henchman in the end.

All the characters were one dimensional and never really had any meaningful personality progression. Story was good through disc 1, after that the plot went to shit and collapsed under its own pretension.

Card game was the game's saving grace. Also some of the towns were fun to explore.

IMO, the order of games, best to worst is as follows -

FFVI, FFVII, FF Tactics, FFX, FFIX, FFV, FFVIII, FFXIII, FFXII

Zack Fair
Originally posted by BackFire
VIII's storyline is objectively weak and sloppy. Its main villain is introduced in perhaps the laziest way possible (Via a dialogue box towards the end of the game) and it was done so way too late into the storyline to be even remotely successful, and was never even attempted to be given any depth. Then the villain that is the most developed (Seifer) ended up being nothing but a henchman in the end.

Agreed.

All the characters were one dimensional and never really had any meaningful personality progression. Story was good through disc 1, after that the plot went to shit and collapsed under its own pretension.

Disagree.

Card game was the game's saving grace. Also some of the towns were fun to explore.

Triple Triad is still the best mini-game in any FF.

Scythe
I missed out on FF9, though enough people said it was kinda neat.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Not that I know of, and lord knows that game could do with it. I dunno if we'll see it while it's still on the PSN, though...

Would be nice to at least have Twin Snakes available through the PSN.

§P0oONY

IMO, the order of games, best to worst is as follows -

FFVI, FFVII, FF Tactics, FFX, FFIX, FFV, FFVIII, FFXIII, FFXII Yeeeeeah... Ultimicia is mentioned long before the end of the game... and before her the main enemy is Sorceress Edea (possesed by Ultimicia)... not Seifer. You even fight her at the end of Disc 1... as the main villain.

As for your silly character response...

6bMLrA_0O5I

Someone obviously hasn't played the game in a long time. oYu are way off in regards to storyline.

Zack Fair
Hmm...I want a FFIV and VII remake...NOWz.

Scythe
Hmm...I want a FFIV and VII remake...NOWz.

I do too.

§P0oONY
Hmm...I want a FFIV and VII remake...NOWz. IV has had a remake...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_IV_%28Nintendo_DS%29

Mindset
I want Final Fantasy tactics.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Mindset

Tactics is hands down my favorite FF ever.

You should steal someone's PSP, mod it and get War of the Lions.

Its great.

§P0oONY
Tactics is ****ing awesome.

BackFire

§P0oONY
There is no doubt that she is one of the weaker villians in the series... I still don't think you're giving her justice though. Seifer is not a villain at all. He's not portrayed as one, and I certainly didn't percieve him as one.

Your view on the characters is just silly though. Simple as that. Just because you didn't find yourself liking them does't mean they were written badly. That's very unfair to the game creators. There are plenty of people who agree that the characters are some of the strongest in the FF series. There really is no need to be a dick about it like you are.

Ushgarak
Definitely on BF's side on this one- both plot and characters are written appallingly. That's not the least bit unfair on the creators, who just did a shoddy, nonsensical job. It is also inappropriate of you to say BF is being a dick just because he doesn't like it.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Definitely on BF's side on this one- both plot and characters are written appallingly. That's not the least bit unfair on the creators, who just did a shoddy, nonsensical job. It is also inappropriate of you to say BF is being a dick just because he doesn't like it. You speak as if it's fact... when plenty disagree.

He was being a dick...

"I'm sorry but the characters themselves were written as if by 13 year olds for 13 year olds."

^ Is a dick comment... regardless of what you're talking about.

Ushgarak
No, it's a critical comment. You are just being weirdly over-sensitive. Don't attack people like that just for expressing opinion in future, thanks.

Scythe
Originally posted by Mindset

Ah, that's the only one I haven't played and I've heard plenty of good things about it. That one for sure is on my 'to play' list.

§P0oONY
No, it's a critical comment. You are just being weirdly over-sensitive. Don't attack people like that just for expressing opinion in future, thanks. I wasn't attacking him and I'm not getting over-sensitive.

The guy made no points to back up his case. Unless you include "We are given no reason to root for him"... which is simply not true. We are given plenty. We hear his insercurities in thought, we learn of his troubled upbrining and we see him finally open up to his new found friends.

Please take off your moderating hat for once Ush and stop making this out to be anything more than a discussion about FFVIII. Backfire is a big boy... he can tell me off himself if he feels I'm being unfair to him.

-Pr-
Gotta disagree with BF, at least on the Squall issue. I can accept that Ultimecia was badly handled (heck, i'd even agree), but Squall did, imo, have character progression, it just wasn't as spelled out as it could have been. Maybe that's the problem, in that interpretation plays a big part in it.

To some people he's going to seem like he didn't grow much, while to others (like me) there are definite signs of growth. I guess it just depends on your POV, because if anything I don't believe the game was cery definitive in that sense.

For me, Squall started off as someone who didn't really like being around other people, and had severe problems in speaking and showing his emotions. By the end of the game he'd gone out of his way for Rinoa (twice), and had taken a leadership role and eventually flourished in it, even though he hadn't wanted it in the first place. He doesn't start off as an interesting character, but I honetly believe he becomes one over the course of the game.

Screw Zell and Irvine though. **** those guys.

I missed out on FF9, though enough people said it was kinda neat.

Would be nice to at least have Twin Snakes available through the PSN.

Agreed.

§P0oONY
^ Said it better than I ever could. I agree with your post entirely.

Except I kind of like d Zell and Irvine... if only for comic relief.

Nephthys
She does have character development and presence in the story. Everything Edea does is in fact Ultimecia. Corrupting Seifer? Her. That speech she gives is her. When she kills the president of Galbadia thats her too. When she butt****s Squall, also her.

Just to nitpick, but the characters are supposed to be initially immature. Its part of the themes and overarcing plot.

This. thumb up

(also how ironic is it that the guy named Spoony is the one defending FFX and VIII? Lol)

§P0oONY
Que?

What the f**k?

Peach

-Pr-
They are kids, though. IIRC most of the primary cast ARE teenagers.

Nephthys

§P0oONY
Calling someone a dick is attacking them, there's no two ways about it. If you can't argue with someone's points without resorting to that...then don't bother trying.

Squall's insecurities are essentially "...*sigh*...". Since basically all he does in the game is go "..." and "...whatever." Yep, that's some compelling characterization there. I've played VIII several times as well, and each time through has made me want to slap the collective cast over the had and tell them to stop whining and grow up even more.

Where's the backing to your claims that Squall went through great character development, the plot was good, and Ultimecia was a good villain? You've done nothing to back up what you've said.
I do not wish to continue this petty "Stop being mean to BF" shit... All I said was something like "Stop being a dick"... stop over reacting.

Erm... I have backed my claims that Squall went through character development. I have mentioned the fact that he starts off as insecure and introverted and then opens up. That is character development. And I personally believe it was done well. (See Pr's post - which says it better than I can.)

I also agreed with BF that Ultimicia was a weak villian.

§P0oONY
1njLpZDfUCQ
Ah right.... Different Spoony... I have an extra 'o'.

General Kaliero
I agree with Spoony, but not Spooony.

§P0oONY
I agree with Spoony, but not Spooony. Ok... srug

Peach

§P0oONY
Really... what's the point? I'm over having arguements on message boards.

This game has been well recieved by critics and fans alike. You guys are in the minority here I'm afraid.

Oh, and BF and I were simply having a discussion. Then you and Ush; desperate to do something in an ever dwindling forum, butted in with your moderator hats on and soured the whole thing. Congrats for alienating yet another member.

Nephthys
Yeah, which we find out at the end of the game. There's no evidence of this before like...halfway through disc 4. That's not a constant presence, that's going "oh crap we've gotta shoehorn her in somehow, MAKE HER RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING EVER."

Not at all. Shes always the villian throughout. All that changes is her name. And its not at the end of the game. As soon as you defeat 'Edea' she tells you she was possessed by Ultimecia. Thats at the end of disk 2.

Peach

Nephthys
The game is definately flawed, in terms of the plot and the gameplay (the draw system can eat a dick) and its imo one of the weakest of the series, but I still think its a good game.

§P0oONY
yawn

You bore me Peach.

-Pr-
Using a japanese poll to prove something to a bunch of western gamers isn't really a good start. stick out tongue

and the second link is actually quite complimentary at times, too.

Ushgarak
That's an official warning for your attitude there, spooony. Carry on like that and it will be a ban.

You were definitely over-sensitive and resorting to insults like that again when someone disagrees strongly is something I will warn and ban for. I don;t want you to discuss that warning any further- just accept it.

§P0oONY
That's an official warning for your attitude there, spooony. Carry on like that and it will be a ban.

You were definitely over-sensitive and resorting to insults like that again when someone disagrees strongly is something I will warn and ban for. I don;t want you to discuss that warning any further- just accept it.
kk petpet

exiled2
Hello!
FFVIII's story did seem a little slapped-together to me, but by that time I was so caught up in the intricacies of Magic Junctioning that I was hypnotized sufficiently so that it just barely registered on my usually-sharp radar "Huh? What? You crazy teens are going into space? Sure thing...zzz...99 Ultima spells to Health stat..." sleep

§P0oONY
Originally posted by exiled2
Hello!
FFVIII's story did seem a little slapped-together to me, but by that time I was so caught up in the intricacies of Magic Junctioning that I was hypnotized sufficiently so that it just barely registered on my usually-sharp radar "Huh? What? You crazy teens are going into space? Sure thing...zzz...99 Ultima spells to Health stat..." sleep You fool! Ultima goes on strength! Full-Life goes on Health. stick out tongue

General Kaliero
I think now is a great time to remind everyone that this is, in fact, an FFX thread.

§P0oONY
I think now is a great time to remind everyone that this is, in fact, an FFX thread.
You're right...

So who agrees Vaan from FFXII was a bit of a knob? stick out tongue

-Pr-

§P0oONY
I liked Tornado, personally.

You started it! Or something. Tornado goes on Evasion... Gosh... Bunch of amatuers. stick out tongue

-Pr-

§P0oONY
mmm

I'll remember that, thanks. I'd been meaning to start a new game anyway. I only got to disc three on the game i'd been playing last year, and ended up getting mad after i got lost in Esthar and couldn't find a save point.

As far as FFX goes, I hated it, but that's all i really have to say about that. Not gonna troll or anything. Esthar was freakin' gay...

Zack Fair
Irvine was not 1 dimensional.

Just Sayin'

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_BgZrMazp6E/TlEiLVmM-mI/AAAAAAAAaE8/cLQPHToWEMI/s400/tumblr_lq49jwlXo51qdlh1io1_400.gif

On topic...

Auron is still THE Solid Snake of FF. If only SE switched characters like Hope/Snow with someone like Auron. I wanted to punch the screen every time Snow went "Heroes don't run from fights!" Then you had Hope with emoness and Vanille with her annoying attitude. At least someone like Auron could balance their stupidity. Kindda like how Auron made me tolerate Tidus in the beginning. I will be honest...Tidus annoyed the shit out of me in the beginning of X.

Mairuzu
I had such a raging boner for Lulu

Scythe
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I had such a raging boner for Lulu

This.

Mairuzu
I use to make her send out her little pets during battle just to see her bend over.

Dos Boobies

Impediment
Yesterday I paid off my copy of Batman: Arkham City at my local Gamestop, and while having the usual VG discussion with all of my chums, I mentioned that FFX is getting an HD upgrade and they all denied knowledge, including the staff.

I actually had to log onto KMC and show them this thread and the link.

I just thought that it would be funny to share. stick out tongue

Peach
Well, there's been basically no information about it so far; just the announcement that it will be made. So I'm not surprised. No one I work with knew about it until I went "HOLY CRAP GUYS GUESS WHAT!!!" stick out tongue

Impediment
I can picture you jumping up and down squealing in excitement. stick out tongue

Scythe
Yesterday I paid off my copy of Batman: Arkham City at my local Gamestop, and while having the usual VG discussion with all of my chums, I mentioned that FFX is getting an HD upgrade and they all denied knowledge, including the staff.

I actually had to log onto KMC and show them this thread and the link.

I just thought that it would be funny to share. stick out tongue

You're welcome, baby.

Kosmic King
I don't even own a PS3 or Vita and I'm excited about this (I owm an Xbox 360 and a DS Light). Final Fantasy X is (in my opinion) the best of the PlayStation era Final Fantasy's. FFVII was good but hugely overrated; FFVIII was interesting; FFXIII was dissapointing (but it stl had some highlights); FFX-2...I prefer not to talk about that.

Anyway that's my rant. Hopefully they'll do Chrono Trigger next!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.