Nihilus vs The Sith Emperor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Come at me bro.

Dr McBeefington
We have no idea truly how much CIS/PIS exists with the sith emperor to make an accurate portrayal of his power.

Turr_Phennir
.....Have I missed something earth-shattering

Nephthys
Yes.

Check the Old Republic thread.

ares834
Emperor.

Nihilus drains planets. Emperor plans to drain the galaxy and drains planets. Also his assassin killed the Exile.

Turr_Phennir
Jesus H. Christ, there's been like 7 new pages in one day.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Turr_Phennir
Jesus H. Christ, there's been like 7 new pages in one day.

Ares found what seems to be the entire script of the game. Lotsa spoilers.

Originally posted by ares834
Emperor.

Nihilus drains planets. Emperor plans to drain the galaxy and drains planets. Also his assassin killed the Exile.

Kreia planned to kill the Force. Does that make her uber too?

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Kreia planned to kill the Force. Does that make her uber too?

Kreia didn't drain planets. wink

Nephthys
Nihilus did.

ares834
And he be uber.

Nephthys
And he needed a plot device for him to lose. The Emp. got killed by a random Jedi Knight.

Turr_Phennir
Neph.
And he needed a plot device for him to lose.

ermm

Nephthys
What?

Turr_Phennir
nuthin

ares834
And he needed a plot device for him to lose. The Emp. got killed by a random Jedi Knight.

"Random" Jedi Knight's companion killed said plot device.

Nephthys
nuthin

Yeah. I didn't think so. estahuh

Nephthys
"Random" Jedi Knight's companion killed said plot device.

So?

ares834
So?

So said plot device isn't that powerful. big grin

Edit: Also watch as in an expansion Bioware relases evidence that Nihilus was a janitor for the True Sith Empire. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zampanó
explode

Nephthys
So said plot device isn't that powerful. big grin

Edit: Also watch as in an expansion Bioware relases evidence that Nihilus was a janitor for the New Sith Empire. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Exile didn't beat him because she was powerful.

Also how did he kill her?

Turr_Phennir
I preface this by the admission that ares's downloads have been most uncooperative, but from what I saw on the thread, I noticed a few critical words: "ritual", "planned", "tricked", etc. Why would we base a character's power on what he or she planned to do or what was born from rituals?

ares834
confused

I was just joking around. I thought it obvious... I mean we need more than just the files we have to actually begin to discuss the Emperor's true power. But if he is as great as the dialogue suggest... well...

Turr_Phennir
You had best be joking. Does this joke extend to the spoilers in these downloads?

Nephthys
Yes this is a joke thread.

You laughed.

ares834
You had best be joking. Does this joke extend to the spoilers in these downloads?

No.

Turr_Phennir
Ah.

Well.

mmm

Korto Vos
This Sith Emperor can kiss my Indian @ss. Nihilus eats him.

Stealth Moose
Ragnos solos.

Zampanó
Originally posted by Korto Vos
thumb up

yesss

Turr_Phennir
Not surprising.
I've heard Nihilus was the single most cosmically influential figure in the mythos. 131

ares834
Originally posted by Korto Vos

I'd be careful. The dude likes his "rituals" and may preform one on your ass...

Turr_Phennir
ares834
I'd be careful. The dude likes his "rituals" and may preform one on your ass...

Or in it

Zampanó
big grin

Profiled. My new source: Gideon says that (N.) is the single most cosmically influential figure in the mythos.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Ragnos solos.

Turr_Phennir
Z.
big grin

Profiled. My new source: Gideon says that (N.) is the single most cosmically influential figure in the mythos.

That certainly would end the debate against anyone, wouldn't it? 131

By the by, I found a source that indicates that Palpatine's rise to power is the piece of the story around which the rest of the plot revolves. You might be interested in seeing it, given the debate you and Gideon found yourselves in on this subject. Would you like me to upload it?

Turr_Phennir
From Star Wars - the Making of Episode I - the Phantom Menace, page 9. Beginning with the paragraph above the photograph. excellent

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9029/scan0075m.jpg

Zampanó
Not really, because using sources to prove unequivocally that your experience of the stoyry is better kind of kills this place for me. I think the compromise we decided on was that Palpatine is the center of the events of the Saga itesself, but I reserve the opinion that there are other , possibly more dire, metaphysical situations.

(Plus your source is aimed at a mass audience, the bulk of whom are unaware that Path of Destruction is a thing that exists.)

Number of smug nerd-defense mechanisms stolen outright from other fandoms: 2

Amount of facetiousness in this post: many!

Nephthys
You realise thats just for TMP right?

Turr_Phennir
Z.
Not really, because using sources to prove unequivocally that your experience of the stoyry is better kind of kills this place for me.

Well teasing and taunting aside, I'd encourage you not to look at it that way. It's not an issue of being 'better' unless you believe that canon and better can be used interchangeably.

You should know better than anyone that that which is canon is not necessarily better. I mean, The Glove of Darth Vader or Crystal Star, anyone?

If by 'we' you mean you and Gideon, I suppose I am, of course, not Gideon, though we do share similar qualities: a cunning intellect, a razor sharp wit, impressive genitalia, etc.

But I'm sure it would please him that you acknowledge Palpatine as such.

Well it's not as though there was a Chosen One at play against Nihilus. 131

They're probably better off for it, though the superior commercial appeal of the product doesn't nullify its validity.

Turr_Phennir
N.
You realise thats just for TMPTPM right?

lolcorrected

Context is important. If memory serves, Z. opposed the idea that Palpatine's rise to power was the most crucial event (or rather series of events) that took place during the chronology of the films, in order to undermine a quote from The Ultimate Visual Guide utilized by Gideon, who in turn sought to undermine Z.'s belief that Nihilus was more cosmologically important or influential than Palpatine. The quote provided by Lucas from this book illustrates the point that Gideon was trying to make: While the films unequivocally concern themselves with the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin Skywalker foremost, Palpatine's rise to power within the universe is of infinitely greater significance.

Nephthys
I made a typo. Its 8 in the morning. Excuuuuuuuse me princess.

I was merely pointing out, that quote only means something to the first movie.

Turr_Phennir
N.
I was merely pointing out, that quote only means something to the first movie.

no expression

And when their battle droids arethis quote is combined with yoursGideon's, weI shall have an armygument greater than any in the galaxy. The RepublicGinger shall be overwhelmed.

Zampanó

GenomeFrozener
Emperor.

I really hate the Old Republic now. Makes me snap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.