Dead or Alive 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
Welcome to funbags.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_dead_or_alive_5_tgs_trailer-23510_en.html

Ahhhhhh, yeeeaaaahhhhhhhhh

Bro SMASH
I sure can't wait to see the other characters.

-Pr-
You said there'd be funbags. I am disappoint.

Like the physics though. The way the guys react when they get hit. Very nice.

Ridley_Prime
It seems maddening how many interesting titles there are coming out so closely together this year and the next. Another thing I'll have to try and squeeze in some time for at one point.

Zack Fair
I hope they try to make it more competitive now that the genre has resurrected.

No End N Site
Flashin lights and explosions (the Royksopp) don't mean shit. This series is notorious and infamous at the same time. Now that Itagaki is gone, I hope I see some God damn changes.

Zack Fair
Get your 2d lovin' ass out of here uhuh

But being serious...I think it will bomb without Itagaki. Or it will just remain the same without any real changes.

Ridley_Prime
Hoping it will have more competitive elements as well, but for now, I'm just happy enough that there's another game. erm

StyleTime
Originally posted by -Pr-
You said there'd be funbags. I am disappoint.

Like the physics though. The way the guys react when they get hit. Very nice.
There is a promotional image that is close to funbags.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2554/mainnx.jpg

StyleTime
Originally posted by No End N Site
Flashin lights and explosions (the Royksopp) don't mean shit. This series is notorious and infamous at the same time. Now that Itagaki is gone, I hope I see some God damn changes.
Originally posted by Zack Fair

But being serious...I think it will bomb without Itagaki. Or it will just remain the same without any real changes.
Yeah. The trailer didn't really show us much gameplay wise. I understand they want to keep many of the standard aspects of the series, but I want to see some big changes. Hayashi needs to breathe new life into the series. DOA has been in "loved casually and hated competitively" limbo for too long.

It's time for change we can believe in.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/9383/ausobamachangexframedpo.jpg

Bro SMASH
It's the first gameplay trailer of the game. It's too early to be expecting some changes at this point.

Zack Fair
So when should we expect them changes?

StyleTime
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
It's the first gameplay trailer of the game. It's too early to be expecting some changes at this point.
No reason we can't see changes in the first gameplay trailer. For example, Soul Calibur V showed changes pretty early on.

In any case, I wasn't expecting anything. I just pointed out that it didn't show us much.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by StyleTime
No reason we can't see changes in the first gameplay trailer. For example, Soul Calibur V showed changes pretty early on.

So? Soul Calibur V could have been ahead in development by then compared to Dead or Alive 5. After all, this is "pre-alpha" footage.

In any case, I wasn't expecting anything. I just pointed out that it didn't show us much.

Then I really so no reason to point it out.

So when should we expect them changes?

When they show more of the game.

Zack Fair
Bullshit.

I want all the details. Now. Release Date and all.

StyleTime
So? Soul Calibur V could have been ahead in development by then compared to Dead or Alive 5. After all, this is "pre-alpha" footage.

Then I really so no reason to point it out.

I brought up Soul Calibur to show that "it's early" is not a reason for stagnation. They had a fight that resembled DOA4 a little too much for my tastes. That is cause for concern. Do they still have time to make changes? Yes. Are they immune to criticism before then? No.

There is certainly a reason to point it out. This is a thread where we discuss DOA5 and I felt the trailer was lacking. That is the only justification needed.

Zack Fair
I brought up Soul Calibur to show that "it's early" is not a reason for stagnation. They had a fight that resembled DOA4 a little too much for my tastes. That is cause for concern. Do they still have time to make changes? Yes. Are they immune to criticism before then? No.

There is certainly a reason to point it out. This is a thread where we discuss DOA5 and I felt the trailer was lacking. That is the only justification needed.

No we can't discuss anything. We just sit here and drool at the boobs.

BTW Any guess on who is the chick in the promo?

Bro SMASH

It is a reason. It's the early stages of development so it should be quite understandable why they didn't show much changes yet. Criticizing it already is pointless. Like I said, it's possible Soul Calibur V had more development during it's early showing compared to Dead or Alive 5.

There is no reason. The footage clearly said "pre-alpha", meaning there's gonna be a lot of changes later so there's no reason to already be complaining about it now.

RE: Blaxican
It's a discussion thread, a thread where we discuss the game.

That's enough reason to discuss what the trailer showed us.

Zack Fair
Blax you getting gears 3?

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
It's a discussion thread, a thread where we discuss the game.

That's enough reason to discuss what the trailer showed us.

And what was the point of this post again?

And what was the point of this post again? What was the point of this post? Stop trolling.

Zack Fair
I don't think anyone was complaining about the trailer, but what can we do about that.

Bro SMASH
What was the point of this post? Stop trolling.

no expression

...That really made no sense.

Get out if you're trying to start a fight.

StyleTime
No we can't discuss anything. We just sit here and drool at the boobs.

BTW Any guess on who is the chick in the promo?
Sounds good. I will begin the search for boob photos. biscuits

It looks like either Kasumi, Hitomi, or Kokoro.
It is a reason. It's the early stages of development so it should be quite understandable why they didn't show much changes yet. Criticizing it already is pointless. Like I said, it's possible Soul Calibur V had more development during it's early showing compared to Dead or Alive 5.

There is no reason. The footage clearly said "pre-alpha", meaning there's gonna be a lot of changes later so there's no reason to already be complaining about it now.
No, it's not. If they are building the game from the start to play like the previous, there is reason to wonder if there will be any changes later on.

"Pre-alpha" doesn't mean there will be changes from the previous game. For all we know, it could have the exact same gameplay as DOA4. Conversely, it could be a practically brand new game by then; however, I am still concerned by what I've seen so far. I'm not sure why that is causing so much trouble.

Not trying to sound hostile, but it's a DOA5 discussion thread dude. That is all the reason needed to discuss DOA5.

Bro SMASH
No, it's not. If they are building the game from the start to play like the previous, there is reason to wonder if there will be any changes later on.

That's the thing; later on. That's why I said it's too early to be expecting changes at this point.

"Pre-alpha" doesn't mean there will be changes from the previous game. For all we know, it could have the exact same gameplay as DOA4. Conversely, it could be a practically brand new game by then; however, I am still concerned by what I've seen so far. I'm not sure why that is causing so much trouble.

I didn't say "changes from the previous game". I meant changes from what you see now in the DOA5 trailer. Many games start out like this. And it's not causing so much trouble. It's just that this really shouldn't come off as a surprise.

Not trying to sound hostile, but it's a DOA5 discussion thread dude. That is all the reason needed to discuss DOA5.

I really don't see how this is relevent to anything I've said, since we are, of course, discussing it anyway.

Zack Fair
I don't understand the problem. Just let us discuss the game.

Bro SMASH
Did you even read my post? We ARE discussing the game.

Zack Fair
No we ain't.

StyleTime
That's the thing; later on. That's why I said it's too early to be expecting changes at this point.

I didn't say "changes from the previous game". I meant changes from what you see now in the DOA5 trailer. Many games start out like this. And it's not causing so much trouble. It's just that this really shouldn't come off as a surprise.

I really don't see how this is relevent to anything I've said, since we are, of course, discussing it anyway.
Again, being able to change things later does not stop changes in the present. Again again, I didn't say I expected anything. Again again again, I said the trailer didn't show us much.

It's hard to believe you didn't know what we were comparing the DOA5 trailer to. Discussing a change requires a comparison/contrast of at least two different things. The DOA5 trailer can't be compared to another DOA5 trailer because......there is no other DOA5 trailer. DOA5 looks remarkably similar to DOA4 from that trailer. I've been saying that for a while now. If this is the only misunderstanding between us, can you now see my meaning?

It's relevant because you suggested what I brought up for discussion should not be up for discussion.

Zack Fair
thumb up

Anyways..what changes would you like Stylez?

Bro SMASH
No we ain't.

Yes it is. If you say it's not, then what do you call it then?

Again, being able to change things later does not stop changes in the present. Again again, I didn't say I expected anything. Again again again, I said the trailer didn't show us much.

Wait, first you say being able to change things later does not stop changes in the present, then you say you didn't expect anything? confused

It's hard to believe you didn't know what we were comparing the DOA5 trailer to. Discussing a change requires a comparison/contrast of at least two different things. The DOA5 trailer can't be compared to another DOA5 trailer because......there is no other DOA5 trailer. DOA5 looks remarkably similar to DOA4 from that trailer. I've been saying that for a while now. If this is the only misunderstanding between us, can you now see my meaning?

You said you didn't expect any changes at this point so why not make a comparison later just in case there are? At this point, you've barely seen anything from the game and you're already comparing it? That's like comparing the two characters (Hayabusa and Hayate) in this game to the entire roster of DOA4, even though we know there's gonna be more characters revealed later.

It's relevant because you suggested what I brought up for discussion should not be up for discussion.

I wasn't talking specifically to you. I was talking about many people already making up their minds about the game when all we got is the first and (so far) only footage of it. You said you felt it was lacking but the thing is, that's for every game with early footage of it. Was it really that surprising that it didn't show much?

StyleTime
Anyways..what changes would you like Stylez?
The usual stuff.

1. Less active frames for defensive holds. Players shouldn't be able to do a hold and counter incoming attacks for the next year. Namco did a good job with Guard Impacts. Defensive holds should last around that long or slightly longer.

2. Frame advantage on block(not just guard crushes). I know some characters, like Hitomi, had it, but it wasn't a significant part of the game. If Lili lands her little qcf+3+4 butterfly kick thing in Tekken, she's at +6(might be +7). Your opponent has to keep in mind their reduced options and Lili's increased options after that. It adds an exciting element to the fight. I'd like see that in DOA.

3. A better sidestep system. You should have more opportunities to force whiffs on careless opponents.

4. Projectiles. I wouldn't mind seeing them in a game like DOA.

5. Priority. I'm iffy on this one. I could see it adding some benefit to the game, but I hated it sometimes in DOA Ultimate. You remember those days, right? I hated that Ein's kick could stuff practically everything. I won't be sad if priority does not come
back.

There's other stuff, but that's some off the top of my head things.

Zack Fair

I wasn't talking specifically to you. I was talking about many people already making up their minds about the game when all we got is the first and (so far) only footage of it. You said you felt it was lacking but the thing is, that's for every game with early footage of it. Was it really that surprising that it didn't show much?

Who was making up his/her mind about the game?

TBH it looks like you are just trolling us.

The usual stuff.

1. Less active frames for defensive holds. Players shouldn't be able to do a hold and counter incoming attacks for the next year. Namco did a good job with Guard Impacts. Defensive holds should last around that long or slightly longer.

2. Frame advantage on block(not just guard crushes). I know some characters, like Hitomi, had it, but it wasn't a significant part of the game. If Lili lands her little qcf+3+4 butterfly kick thing in Tekken, she's at +6(might be +7). Your opponent has to keep in mind their reduced options and Lili's increased options after that. It adds an exciting element to the fight. I'd like see that in DOA.

3. A better sidestep system. You should have more opportunities to force whiffs on careless opponents.

4. Projectiles. I wouldn't mind seeing them in a game like DOA.

5. Priority. I'm iffy on this one. I could see it adding some benefit to the game, but I hated it sometimes in DOA Ultimate. You remember those days, right? I hated that Ein's kick could stuff practically everything. I won't be sad if priority does not come
back.

There's other stuff, but that's some off the top of my head things.

thumb up Nice stuff. You have given this a lot of thought. Tell you what I wouldn't mind if they revamped the entire gameplay. Projectiles would be a nice addition.

Bro SMASH
Who was making up his/her mind about the game?

Like you, for example. You already said you think it's gonna bomb without Itagaki or that it will be the same.

TBH it looks like you are just trolling us.

Yeah, something as harmless as:

is considered "trolling". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even know what "trolling" means? Because it doesn't seem like you do when you're just throwing it around randomly like that.

Zack Fair
Like you, for example. You already said you think it's gonna bomb without Itagaki or that it will be the same.

Yeah, something as harmless as:

is considered "trolling". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even know what "trolling" means? Because it doesn't seem like you do when you're just throwing it around randomly like that.

I didn't make up my mind because of the trailer. That is just what I've always thought about Ninja Gaiden/DOA without Itagaki.

Trolling it is.

Now moving along...do you have anything else to say about DOA5 or will we just keep doing this until a 2nd trailer comes out?

Bro SMASH
I didn't make up my mind because of the trailer though. I think the franchise will go to hell without Itagaki, or it will just remain the same. I never mentioned anything about the trailer so like...yeah.

Trolling it is.

Now moving along...do you have anything else to say about DOA5 or will we just keep doing this until a 2nd trailer comes out?

Yet the next reply to you was about the trailer and it was all about the same thing; changes (which you mentioned in your post). Hence why I mentioned them both in my post.

And if THAT was your reason for throwing the "troll" card, then I guess you really don't know what it means.

That's kind of what I'm saying; there's hardly anything to discuss. If you wanna speculate about changes, I don't mind but let's not be so quick to complain about what is shown.

Zack Fair
U Mad? We shouldn't discuss because you feel there is hardly anything to discuss? That is why it felt like you were trolling, because I wasn't complaining at all and yet you keep saying we are complaining.

Anyway what do you think about the changes Styles would like to see?

Bro SMASH
U Mad? We shouldn't discuss because you feel there is hardly anything to discuss? That is why it felt like you were trolling, because I wasn't complaining at all and yet it sounds to you like I am complaining.

You messed up on the second question. I didn't say you "shouldn't discuss". I clearly said there's "hardly anything to discuss" because there's hardly anything shown in the trailer for obvious reasons.

If it sounds to me that you're complaining then how could that translate to me "trolling"? From the way you sound, if there's anybody who should be thinking others are trolling, it's me. But I don't.

And I wasn't saying you were complaining. I was just merely summing up what I'm saying. We got this one gameplay footage, can't we just hope for the better?

As for Styles changes, well I'll go with 1 and 2. But as for 4, I heard they already got projectiles in DOA Dimensions.

Ridley_Prime
Bro, chillax.

Zack Fair
Wonder if they will add a comeback mechanic. Fighters nowadays have them.

Ridley_Prime
Probably, I wouldn't doubt it.

jalek moye
They should add counter counters! eek!

But really just make counters slightly harder to do

Zack Fair
Counters are the main reason the competitive community doesn't like the game.

They need to be toned down...somehow, without messing with the game's flow.

Or they can just get rid of them and try something new.

jalek moye
I wouldn't want them to get rid of them, i like that the game is counter base.d they just need to add more depth to the system or make them harder imo

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Bro, chillax.

"Chillax" about what?

I mean, can't I even make one post without everybody jumping on my case like I got a problem? Gosh!

Stop victimizing yourself.

- - - - -

I'm curious to see if they rework the system as well. I feel that since SF4's smashing success a lot of the other fighting games have received some inspiration. I just hope they speed up this one a little. DoA4 felt too slow, imo.

Zack Fair
My fav. was DOA2...priority moves be damned Styletime uhuh

I used Ein biscuits

Bro SMASH

See? You're still jumping on my case. How about you quit starting mess?

jalek moye

- - - - -

I'm curious to see if they rework the system as well. I feel that since SF4's smashing success a lot of the other fighting games have received some inspiration. I just hope they speed up this one a little. DoA4 felt too slow, imo.

That is true it was a little slowed down it felt.

and really if its faster it would make the counters harder I'd think

Ridley_Prime
"Chillax" about what?

I mean, can't I even make one post without everybody jumping on my case like I got a problem? Gosh!
Well what I mean is, don't let it all get to you man, or take everything so personal. You're better than this.

Bro SMASH
Well what I mean is, don't let it all get to you man, or take everything so personal. You're better than this.

I'm not taking anything personal. I'm trying to keep calm.

StyleTime
Wait, first you say being able to change things later does not stop changes in the present, then you say you didn't expect anything? confused

You said you didn't expect any changes at this point so why not make a comparison later just in case there are? At this point, you've barely seen anything from the game and you're already comparing it? That's like comparing the two characters (Hayabusa and Hayate) in this game to the entire roster of DOA4, even though we know there's gonna be more characters revealed later.

Yes. There is no contradiction there.

We will also make comparisons later. That doesn't stop the comparison now. The gameplay looked like DOA4. I'm not sure how to make this any clearer.

If that wasn't specifically at me, fine. Again, this isn't surprise. I merely pointed out the shortcomings I saw and my hopes for the future. Noone made up their minds about anything. Many of us just want to see changes.

StyleTime
Wonder if they will add a comeback mechanic. Fighters nowadays have them.
I really hope not.
DOA4 was the fastest one. You are so hard to please. stick out tongue

I agree. Many games are reading SF4's success manual. Soul Calibur revamped their Soul Guage to resemble the super meter type stuff you see in 2D fighters. It'll be interesting to see a mainstream 3D fighter do that. I wouldn't mind if DOA took a stab at it.
They need to be toned down...somehow, without messing with the game's flow.

Originally posted by jalek moye
I wouldn't want them to get rid of them, i like that the game is counter base.d they just need to add more depth to the system or make them harder imo
Some people want Bayman's advanced counter commands to be the standard commands for everyone except grappler characters. Grappler characters would use the current input.

I think reducing the counter window should be the first step though.
My fav. was DOA2...priority moves be damned Styletime uhuh

I used Ein biscuits
uhuh

Fighting Ein was so scary back then. You were just playing defensively, hoping Ein wouldn't smash your attack back into your face with his stupid kick. It stuffed nearly everything except Tengu's broken kicks and maybe Ayane's back punch.

Bro SMASH
Yes. There is no contradiction there.

It doesn't quite flow. There would have been no point in bringing up SCV's changes if you didn't expect any changes here.

We will also make comparisons later. That doesn't stop the comparison now. The gameplay looked like DOA4. I'm not sure how to make this any clearer.

That doesn't mean it's not too early to make the comparisons, since you're basically comparing a full game to a beta. We know it looks like it plays like DOA4 but there's hardly anything else to expect at this point.

If that wasn't specifically at me, fine. Again, this isn't surprise. I merely pointed out the shortcomings I saw and my hopes for the future. Noone made up their minds about anything. Many of us just want to see changes.

Like I said a few times already, this is the "pre-alpha" stage of the game. We all want to see changes but we know not expect them in this footage. You say it had "shortcomings" but whatever shortcomings it has is not a big deal, is all I'm saying.

Bro SMASH
That doesn't mean it's not too early to be expecting changes, since you're basically comparing a full game to a beta. We know it looks like it plays like DOA4 but there's hardly anything else to expect at this point.

Zack Fair
So who is going to be the bigger man and drop it?

Scythe
That'd be me, man I shouldn't have had Taco Bell for lunch. The hell was I thinking?

/lamesauce

StyleTime
It doesn't quite flow. There would have been no point in bringing up SCV's changes if you didn't expect any changes here.

That doesn't mean it's not too early to make the comparisons, since you're basically comparing a full game to a beta. We know it looks like it plays like DOA4 but there's hardly anything else to expect at this point.

Like I said a few times already, this is the "pre-alpha" stage of the game. We all want to see changes but we know not expect them in this footage. You say it had "shortcomings" but whatever shortcomings it has is not a big deal, is all I'm saying.
I brought up SCV to refute the "early=stagnation" claim. There is still no contradiction.

Yes. Yes, it means exactly that. If something looks like something else, we can point it out. You introduced "expectations" into this and projected it onto us.

Cool. If you don't consider shortcomings a big deal, you shouldn't make such....a big deal about it. The fact that they exist is reason to highlight them in a thread about the game for those of us so inclined. Can we finally drop this?
So who is going to be the bigger man and drop it?
I guess I keep getting pulled in because it seems like such a simple concept to me. If BroSmash doesn't want to talk about shortcomings, he doesn't have to participate. He should have left it at "Well, I'll wait for more information before I jump onboard with you guys." Noone has a problem with that. Instead, he says "You guys have no right to discuss this in a discussion about the game."

Zack Fair

I guess I keep getting pulled because it seems like such a simple concept to me. If BroSmash doesn't want to talk about shortcomings, he doesn't have to participate. He should have left it at "Well, I'll wait for more information before I jump onboard with you guys." Noone has a problem with that. Instead, he says "You guys have no right to discuss this in a discussion about the game."

I know. Just let him have the last word so we can get on with the discussion.

I want at least 3 new characters, and please no more ninjas. I wouldn't mind more exotic characters like capcom's Oro and Dhalsim.

StyleTime
Never! uhuh

I'm curious about the stage interaction. Hayashi(iirc) said stages will basically be another combatant in the fight. Stage interaction has long been a defining trait of DOA and I think it'd be interesting if they do this properly. I'd like less of a random factor in the stages though. Having the cheetah interrupt your juggle in 4 was just annoying.

Zack Fair
Agreed about the stages interaction. I have no idea about what they can do to them though. They need to get rid of random elements like that cheetah or the cars.

Ridley_Prime
But.. that's part of what makes Dead or Alive unique. D: I know removing them would bring more balance competitive-wise, but still.

Zack Fair
Meh...random cheetahs and cars are annoying to be honest.

Ridley_Prime
They can be, but are also fun if you manage to use 'em to your advantage. And yeah, would probably be for the best for those features to go, though I'd miss 'em some.

StyleTime
As long as they have an option where you can turn the random environment events off, I could deal with it.

Bro SMASH
I brought up SCV to refute the "early=stagnation" claim. There is still no contradiction.

I said it doesn't flow. It just simply doesn't mix. You didn't expect changes at this point, yet you tried to make it seem like there was no reason to not have changes? If you really didn't expect any changes, then there was no point in doing that.

Yes. Yes, it means exactly that. If something looks like something else, we can point it out. You introduced "expectations" into this and projected it onto us.

You said "the trailer didn't really show us much gameplay wise", in response to this:

Zack was talking about the game itself and YOU brought up the trailer not showing much. That's why I said "it's too early to be expecting changes at this point".

Cool. If you don't consider shortcomings a big deal, you shouldn't make such....a big deal about it. The fact that they exist is reason to highlight them in a thread about the game for those of us so inclined. Can we finally drop this?

But you never seem to consider WHY those "shortcomings" exist and even tried to refute that by using another game. All I basically did was mention why there's hardly anything shown in the trailer and you're the one who made a big deal out of it, not me. You said you felt it was lacking but then again, it's the "pre-alpha stages", dude.

I guess I keep getting pulled in because it seems like such a simple concept to me. If BroSmash doesn't want to talk about shortcomings, he doesn't have to participate. He should have left it at "Well, I'll wait for more information before I jump onboard with you guys." Noone has a problem with that. Instead, he says "You guys have no right to discuss this in a discussion about the game."

So telling you it's too early to expect something that's in the pre-alpha stages is the same as saying "you have no right to discuss it"? What the f**k? What kind of mess is that?

I don't tolerate lies.

Zack Fair
Can you just drop it?

Bro SMASH
Can you just drop it?

You mean you couldn't ask Style the same question?

Zack Fair
I asked both of you to drop it.

I have nothing against you. I just want that stupid discussion out of this thread. Take it to PMs.

Bro SMASH
Well I'd rather end it on a much better note than people claiming "I'm trying to stop a discussion" which is a lie. I mean, it's not fair when people see other people's points, yet completely misinterpret mines.

Well, you really can't change other people's beliefs, so you're kind of wasting your time.

If you want people to really think you're not trolling, maybe you should just listen to them and drop it.

Bro SMASH
Well, you really can't change other people's beliefs, so you're kind of wasting your time.

If that means they're being stubborn, then yes, I would be but I still don't approve of people lying. I'm not afraid to speak up for myself. Remember that.

If you want people to really think you're not trolling, maybe you should just listen to them and drop it.

So I should listen to them but they shouldn't listen to me, huh?

Having a long discussion doesn't mean it's trolling.

No one really cares. As far as the people in here are concerned you're being kind of annoying. Arguing with those people aren't going to make you look less annoying.

Bro SMASH
No one really cares. As far as the people in here are concerned you're being kind of annoying. Arguing with those people aren't going to make you look less annoying.

I'm annoying for posting just like everybody else under here? How is that right? People post, make their points, have discussions and everything, but that's okay. I do the same thing and it's "annoying"? Everybody is doing the same thing, yet only one person is "annoying". That's some bullcrap!

I also notice you've been quite negative under here towards me most of the time. You don't think that's annoying?

I'm sure it's annoying to you. But, unlike yourself, I don't feel the need to end the discussion on some "lighter note". If you think I'm annoying because of the content of my posts, so be it.

Bro SMASH
I'm sure it's annoying to you. But, unlike yourself, I don't feel the need to end the discussion on some "lighter note". If you think I'm annoying because of the content of my posts, so be it.

Or rather, you could quit taking sides.

I agree with everything Styletime's said and disagree with everything you said, and I find your self-victimizing ways to be irritating. Why would I not take sides.

Bro SMASH
I agree with everything Styletime's said and disagree with everything you said, and I find your self-victimizing ways to be irritating. Why would I not take sides.

Because you're not making things better yourself. You're just going with everything he said, even when it's obviously false.

Doing that, as well as antagonizing me, also gives off the impression that you hold a grudge against me, which wouldn't be a surprise at all (why else would you go with EVERY single thing he says?). It's not self-victimizing. There's just no reason for people to treat me so differently from others under here.

If everyone around you says you have dog shit on your jeans, maybe you should take a look at your jeans, instead of calling everyone else crazy.

Bro SMASH
If everyone around you says you have dog shit on your jeans, maybe you should take a look at your jeans, instead of calling everyone else crazy.

Yet in this case, people aren't really saying anything.

If no one's saying anything then how are you being treated unfairly?

Bro SMASH
Then what are you on about.

I'm merely talking about your comparison.

I'm guessing you're saying that if everyone says I'm "annoying", then it might be true.

What I'm saying is, that's not telling me anything...because you never showed me WHY I'm annoying. I discuss many different things just like you and any other person on this site so why is you trippin' all of a sudden? There's absolutely no reason to act like that.

It doesn't make any difference if you know why. The point is, you are, and that belief isn't going to change.

Bro SMASH
It doesn't make any difference if you know why. The point is, you are.

no expression Yeah, you're completely irrelevent at this point. You didn't answer my question and instead, continued to be negative.

Seems like you're the real troll here.

I don't really mind if you personally think I'm a troll. I'm not the one who's been told by multiple people that I'm annoying.

Bro SMASH
Anyway...

Lately, I've been wondering, does anybody think the DOA characters will age this time or is this series just a floating timeline?

StyleTime
I said it doesn't flow. It just simply doesn't mix. You didn't expect changes at this point, yet you tried to make it seem like there was no reason to not have changes? If you really didn't expect any changes, then there was no point in doing that.

You said "the trailer didn't really show us much gameplay wise", in response to this: Zack was talking about the game itself and YOU brought up the trailer not showing much. That's why I said "it's too early to be expecting changes at this point".

But you never seem to consider WHY those "shortcomings" exist and even tried to refute that by using another game. All I basically did was mention why there's hardly anything shown in the trailer and you're the one who made a big deal out of it, not me. You said you felt it was lacking but then again, it's the "pre-alpha stages", dude.

So telling you it's too early to expect something that's in the pre-alpha stages is the same as saying "you have no right to discuss it"? What the f**k? What kind of mess is that?

I don't tolerate lies.
I didn't expect changes. I noticed that the gameplay looked strikingly similar to DOA4. "Flow". "Mix". Whatever other word you want to insert for "contradiction". It's wrong. The things I said do no conflict with each other. You don't have a point here.

Yes, I brought up the trailer not showing us much. You still haven't shown where I brought in expectations.(Because you brought that in.)

It's not a good reason in this case not to have the changes. I made a big deal out of it because I consider it a big enough deal to make something of it. You explicitly stated that you don't consider a big deal, yet continue to make a big deal of it. Do you really not see the difference? Your entire argument contradicts what you just said. If it's "no biggie", then leave it alone. Let those of us who do consider it a "biggie" talk about it. Everyone's happy.

Dude, you said twice on the first page that there "is no reason to point it out." That literally means you think we should not point it out. It's practically what we've been arguing about the past 4 pages. If you meant something different, then clarify now please. It might resolve the whole issue.
Lately, I've been wondering, does anybody think the DOA characters will age this time or is this series just a floating timeline?
If I had to guess, I'd say it's a floating timeline.

Bro SMASH
I didn't expect changes. I noticed that the gameplay looked strikingly similar to DOA4. "Flow". "Mix". Whatever other word you want to insert for "contradiction". It's wrong. The things I said do no conflict with each other. You don't have a point here.

Yes, I brought up the trailer not showing us much. You still haven't shown where I brought in expectations.(Because you brought that in.)

It's not a good reason in this case not to have the changes. I made a big deal out of it because I consider it a big enough deal to make something of it. You explicitly stated that you don't consider a big deal, yet continue to make a big deal of it. Do you really not see the difference? Your entire argument contradicts what you just said. If it's "no biggie", then leave it alone. Let those of us who do consider it a "biggie" talk about it. Everyone's happy.

Dude, you said twice on the first page that there "is no reason to point it out." That literally means you think we should not point it out. It's practically what we've been arguing about the past 4 pages. If you meant something different, then clarify now please. It might resolve the whole issue.

Yes, it is a point. If you didn't expect changes, you wouldn't have tried to make up excuses why there shouldn't not be any changes.

Someone else mentioned the changes, then you brought up the trailer not showing any changes in your response to that, then when I brought up that it's because it's only in the "pre-alpha" stages you brought up SCV to shoot that down, only to then say you didn't expect any changes. That's why I said I saw no point in bringing it up. You basically did all of that for nothing.

See, this is exactly why your argument doesn't flow. It's just not consistent. If you didn't expect any changes in the first place, then why are you even making a "big deal" out of it? That's the real contradiction. If you truly didn't expect any changes at this point, then it wouldn't have made sense to do all of those things you did. Even when I told you that's in the pre-alpha stages, you didn't even acknowledge it. You just ignored it and kept on.

No, it doesn't mean that. It means just what I said; I didn't see any reason to point it out. However, I was mainly referring to your actions. You pointed out that the trailer didn't show much and used SCV to shoot down it's reasons for that, only to then say "you didn't expect changes". THAT'S why I said "then I see no reason to point it out". I also never said that you guys shouldn't discuss why there's no real changes in it but when it's blatantly obvious why there isn't, then that's why I see no point in making a "big deal" out of it. That's just what I think.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a floating timeline.

I wouldn't mind that, really.

StyleTime
Yes, it is a point. If you didn't expect changes, you wouldn't have tried to make up excuses why there shouldn't not be any changes.

Someone else mentioned the changes, then you brought up the trailer not showing any changes in your response to that, then when I brought up that it's because it's only in the "pre-alpha" stages you brought up SCV to shoot that down, only to then say you didn't expect any changes. That's why I said I saw no point in bringing it up. You basically did all of that for nothing.

See, this is exactly why your argument doesn't flow. It's just not consistent. If you didn't expect any changes in the first place, then why are you even making a "big deal" out of it? That's the real contradiction. If you truly didn't expect any changes at this point, then it wouldn't have made sense to do all of those things you did. Even when I told you that's in the pre-alpha stages, you didn't even acknowledge it. You just ignored it and kept on.

No, it doesn't mean that. It means just what I said; I didn't see any reason to point it out. However, I was mainly referring to your actions. You pointed out that the trailer didn't show much and used SCV to shoot down it's reasons for that, only to then say "you didn't expect changes". THAT'S why I said "then I see no reason to point it out". I also never said that you guys shouldn't discuss why there's no real changes in it but when it's blatantly obvious why there isn't, then that's why I see no point in making a "big deal" out of it. That's just what I think.

No, it's not. I showed that it's possible to have changes at an early stage of development. You still don't seem to grasp that an early model of DOA5 does not have to play like DOA4.

I can't believe I'm saying this each time, but you still don't get it. Pointing out shortcomings does not mean I had expectations. I can't understand why this is so difficult to get through to you.

You've missed several things here. Mainly, there was no contradiction in what I said. I acknowledged it was an early stage of development, and I specifically refuted that. Also, I repeat that pointing out shortcomings does not mean I had expectations. I spoke quite literally. You're adding subtext because your entire argument hinges on me saying something I never said.

We're basically back at "no contradiction with what I said" in this part. I've no problem if you think it's not a big deal; however, some of us want to highlight the shortcomings. Leave us to it please.

Zack Fair
Sigh.

Get a room you two.

StyleTime
Maybe you should get out of the room we got? uhuh

Zack Fair
Don't make me punch you to the other side of the room, Ein style uhuh

Bro SMASH
No, it's not. I showed that it's possible to have changes at an early stage of development. You still don't seem to grasp that an early model of DOA5 does not have to play like DOA4.

Nobody ever said that it HAD to play like DOA4 but at this stage, it's not a surprise that it does since all it is is an early model, like you said. You can't fault them for that. Just like any early model of a game, it improves more as they develop it.

I can't believe I'm saying this each time, but you still don't get it. Pointing out shortcomings does not mean I had expectations. I can't understand why this is so difficult to get through to you.

You still never acknowledge why those "shortcomings" even exist. That's what I'm trying to show you this whole time.

You've missed several things here. Mainly, there was no contradiction in what I said. I acknowledged it was an early stage of development, and I specifically refuted that. Also, I repeat that pointing out shortcomings does not mean I had expectations. I spoke quite literally. You're adding subtext because your entire argument hinges on me saying something I never said.

See? There was nothing for you to refute if you knew the reason for it. If you knew it was in the early stages, you shouldn't have been trying to refute it by bringing up another game. Being in the early stages is enough to explain why there's hardly any changes at this point. You said you weren't expecting changes but it still makes no sense to make a big deal out of it if you weren't even expecting them.

We're basically back at "no contradiction with what I said" in this part. I've no problem if you think it's not a big deal; however, some of us want to highlight the shortcomings. Leave us to it please.

I'm gonna be blunt; there are no shortcomings to highlight yet for reasons everybody should know by now.

Sigh.

Get a room you two.

Please no! no

StyleTime
Nobody ever said that it HAD to play like DOA4 but at this stage, it's not a surprise that it does since all it is is an early model, like you said. You can't fault them for that. Just like any early model of a game, it improves more as they develop it.

You still never acknowledge why those "shortcomings" even exist. That's what I'm trying to show you this whole time.

See? There was nothing for you to refute if you knew the reason for it. If you knew it was in the early stages, you shouldn't have been trying to refute it by bringing up another game. Being in the early stages is enough to explain why there's hardly any changes at this point. You said you weren't expecting changes but it still makes no sense to make a big deal out of it if you weren't even expecting them.

I'm gonna be blunt; there are no shortcomings to highlight yet for reasons everybody should know by now.
Yes, I can fault them for that. It's a fault. If they improve, so be it.

Yes, I acknowledged what you said. Unfortunately for you, "it's early" does not mean no changes from the previous are possible. It's been that way for the past 5 pages.

See the above sentences.

The mere existence of the shortcomings justifies their discussion. You don't have to if you don't want to. I will.
Don't make me punch you to the other side of the room, Ein style uhuh
biscuits

Bro SMASH
Yes, I can fault them for that. It's a fault. If they improve, so be it.

But it's not a fault.

Yes, I acknowledged what you said. Unfortunately for you, "it's early" does not mean no changes from the previous are possible. It's been that way for the past 5 pages.

Actually, it does mean that in some cases. If they just started on this game, then chances to see any changes at this point are slim to none. It depends on how far it is in development. SCV was confirmed last year. DOA5 was just confirmed this year, thus it's high possibility that SCV is further in development than DOA5.

See the above sentences.

In which I responded to.

The mere existence of the shortcomings justifies their discussion. You don't have to if you don't want to. I will.

There are no shortcomings to discuss though.

StyleTime
But it's not a fault.

Actually, it does mean that in some cases. If they just started on this game, then chances to see any changes at this point are slim to none. It depends on how far it is in development. SCV was confirmed last year. DOA5 was just confirmed this year, thus it's high possibility that SCV is further in development than DOA5.

There are no shortcomings to discuss though.
If you don't mind the way it currently plays, then you're right. I do mind it, so I consider it a fault.

None of that indicates "early" = "no can do."

See first two sentences. (amazing how much I've narrowed this down. It was really only two issues at the root of this.)

Bro SMASH
If you don't mind the way it currently plays, then you're right. I do mind it, so I consider it a fault.

Neither one of us has played it yet because they're still working on it. You can't fault them for something they haven't finished yet.

None of that indicates "early" = "no can do."

Yes it does. A game can't be created instantly.

See first two sentences. (amazing how much I've narrowed this down. It was really only two issues at the root of this.)

See my first sentence.

StyleTime
Neither one of us has played it yet because they're still working on it. You can't fault them for something they haven't finished yet.

Yes it does. A game can't be created instantly.
Are you really about to start an argument about that? Yes, I can critique their product at any point I choose.

No, it doesn't. That doesn't refute what I said.

Bro SMASH
Are you really about to start an argument about that? Yes, I can critique their product at any point I choose.

That would make sense if you actually had someting to critique, in which you don't.

No, it doesn't. That doesn't refute what I said.

So are you saying that they can?

StyleTime
That would make sense if you actually had someting to critique, in which you don't.

So are you saying that they can?
You're factually wrong here. The trailer exists. Their product can be critiqued. Your personal decision to refrain from the critique has no bearing on that fact.

I'm saying it's irrelevant.

Zack Fair
You guys should make a battlezone and get it over with.

Bro SMASH
You're factually wrong here. The trailer exists. Their product can be critiqued. Your personal decision to refrain from the critique has no bearing on that fact.

You literally got nothing to critique. All you got is a video of an unfinished game in development that barely shows anything. You haven't played the game and I doubt you know anybody who has.

Or are you trying to say that the developers are lazy for showing a trailer of a game they clearly showed was unfinished?

I'm saying it's irrelevant.

No, it is relevant. You're saying "early=/=no changes", basically saying it should show you more stuff, no matter how early it is in development. The reality is that it takes time for that but you ignore that fact. So I'm just asking, are you saying people can make games instantly?

Hey, it's a discussion about the game, right?

Zack Fair
No it isn't.

Edit: Guess I'll be out of this thread for a while. biscuits

StyleTime
You literally got nothing to critique. All you got is a video of an unfinished game in development that barely shows anything. You haven't played the game and I doubt you know anybody who has.
Or are you trying to say that the developers are lazy for showing a trailer of a game they clearly showed was unfinished?

No, it is relevant. You're saying it should show you a lot of stuff, no matter how early it is in development. The reality is that it takes time for that but you ignore that fact. So I'm just asking, are you saying it's possible to make a game instantly?

Again, here are the facts: There is a trailer. I can critique the contents therein.

Nothing you said refutes the fact that it's irrelevant. I never said it should show us a "lot of stuff" btw.
Can we do that with something like this?

Bro SMASH
Again, here are the facts. There is a trailer. I can critique the contents therein.

Umm...no. That's not what you're doing.

Nothing you said refutes the fact that it's irrelevant. I never said it should show us a "lot of stuff."

You basically did. Remember, you said "early=/=no changes" and the fact there wasn't any changes means that it's a flaw. In otherwords, there should have been more things to show.

StyleTime
But that's not what you're doing.

You basically did. Remember, you said "early=/=no changes" and the fact there wasn't any changes means that it's a flaw. In otherwords, there should have been more things to show.
That's what I was doing before we got caught up on this pages long funny business.

Ok. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Let me clarify. While "early=/=no changes" is true, it's not the "lack of things" that I consider the flaw. I simply pointed out that it didn't show us much. The fact that the game looks too much like DOA4 is the flaw I take issue with. If that doesn't bother you, cool. It bothers me.

Can we wrap this up now?

Bro SMASH
That's what I was doing before we got caught up on this pages long funny business.

Just go to my next part on this post.

Ok. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Let me clarify. While "early=/=no changes" is true, it's not the "lack of things" that I consider the flaw. I simply pointed out that it didn't show us much. The fact the game looks too much like DOA4 is the flaw I take issue with. If that doesn't bother you, cool. It bothers me.

Can we wrap this up now?

"Early=/=no changes" is not true.

Wait, it "looks" too much like DOA4? That's still not a good reason. You gotta keep in mind that this is the pre-alpha stages of the game. That kind of stage, in which all we can do is see it, isn't gonna show us everything to come in the future. So that's still not a flaw. That's what I'm telling you. No matter what, it still falls into the same reasoning; it's still in the pre-alpha stages.

I can wrap this up if we both can understand each other.

Look, all I'm saying is wait. At this point, we got nothing to go on. Wait till' it evolved beyond it's current stages, then we can come up with something for it.

NemeBro
I have been fapping so hard to the posts in this thread.

I thought you all should know.

StyleTime
"Early=/=no changes" is not true.

Wait, it "looks" too much like DOA4? That's still not a good reason. You gotta keep in mind that this is the pre-alpha stages of the game. That kind of stage, in which all we can do is see it, isn't gonna show us everything to come in the future. So that's still not a flaw. That's what I'm telling you. No matter what, it still falls into the same reasoning; it's still in the pre-alpha stages.

I can wrap this up if we both can understand each other.
Yes, it is. DOA5 could have been about a salamander from day 1. There you go. Early change.

When I said looks, I meant the looks of the gameplay. If I find fault with that, then it is a flaw. The fact that it can change does not matter. A broken arm can heal, but it is still broken before then. This is simple.

You don't seem to understand me yet. I seriously thought this was nearing its end.

Originally posted by NemeBro
I have been fapping so hard to the posts in this thread.

I thought you all should know.
I'd be disappointed if someone didn't get off on it honestly.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9664/911ta.jpg

Zack Fair
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/012010/1264091579_kirk_rofl.gif

StyleTime
I can't see the image.

For those of you still with us, here is some information from Hayashi about the revamped stage interaction in DOA5.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/20/dead-or-alive-5s-fighting-entertainment-means-even-crazier-st/#continued

"So in the past games," Hayashi said, "most of the dangers were fixed, set areas on the stage that you can knock your opponent into -- and they were just set there, the stage didn't change a whole lot. If you watch the video from our press event, you can see the entire stage changing and taking a different shape, and all sorts of chaos happening." You'll be able to trigger changes to the "geometry" of stages in addition to moving up, down, and through them.

Bro SMASH
Yes, it is. DOA5 could have been about a salamander from day 1. There you go. Early change.

Except in this case, we're talking about a game changing on an EXISTING engine so that's not the same thing.

You need to understand what kind of changes I'm talking about. What you're saying is: making something completely unrelated and slapping another title on it=change.

But that's not true because that's like saying Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2 "changed" from Super Mario Bros.

When I said looks, I meant the looks of the gameplay. If I find fault with that, then it is a flaw. The fact that it can change does not matter. A broken arm can heal, but it is still broken before then. This is simple.

Yes, you said "looks" of the gameplay, meaning you didn't actually play it. You can't say it's the same if all you did was just look at it while it's still in development.

You don't seem to understand me yet. I seriously thought this was nearing its end.

Look, if you don't wanna listen to me, fine. I was trying to make some sense out of this but it's very difficult and tiresome.

StyleTime
Except in this case, we're talking about a game changing on an EXISTING engine so that's not the same thing.You need to understand what kind of changes I'm talking about. What you're saying is: making something completely unrelated and slapping another title on it=change. But that's not true because that's like saying Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2 "changed" from Super Mario Bros.

Yes, you said "looks" of the gameplay, meaning you didn't actually play it. You can't say it's the same if all you did was just look at it while it's still in development.

Look, if you don't wanna listen to me, fine. I was trying to make some sense out of this but it's very difficult and tiresome.
Yes, I used an absurd example for comedy. The point is still there.

Yes, it was an observation. I've said that from the get go.

I have listened to you. You don't think it's cause for concern and that's fine. I do though, and I will continue to discuss it with whoever wants to. You are free to ignore us.

Bro SMASH
Or we can just talk about something that I DO feel comfortable with.

Itagaki would probably hate me for this but is there anyone else other than me who play DOA4 with Tekken soundtracks?

Zack Fair
Cojones.

StyleTime
@ BroSMASH. I did like the DOA4 soundtrack. It wasn't the best of the series, but Tekken's doesn't fit to me.

And Tekken 6's was mostly just bad.

Zack Fair
You really can't see my image mmm

StyleTime
Yeah, it says "the image can't be displayed for the moment."

Bro SMASH
You starting another argument, BroSMASH? uhuh stick out tongue

shifty

I did like the DOA4 soundtrack though. It wasn't the best of the series, but Tekken's doesn't fit to me.

And Tekken 6's was mostly just bad.

Yeah, I didn't quite like Tekken 6's either.

I like the DOA3 and 4 soundtracks. Some of those themes are pretty good but they're just too specific for me. You can pretty much match each character with their themes while hardly even knowing them.

Tekken Tag's soundtrack (which I think is the best Tekken soundtrack along with Tekken 3) can match with any game similar to it. You can put them with both DOA and VF and it still seems fitting.

I guess when DOA5 comes out, I'll use the Tekken Tag 2 soundtrack while playing it. big grin

Bro SMASH
Here's the full TGS trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-tgs-dead-or/721700

Nemesis X
This game's got my attention now.

StyleTime
Visually, the game looks quite exciting. I'm interested in how these environment attacks are implemented.

Still, I hope for many of the changes I listed on page 2.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nemesis X
This game's got my attention now.
It should've had it from the start.

Zack Fair
It should've had it from the start.

thumb up

StyleTime
thumb up thumb up

StyleTime

Bro SMASH
Somebody made some comparisons between the graphics in DOA4 and DOA5.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n487/Richard_Karns/hayatedoa5.png
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n487/Richard_Karns/hayabusadoa5.png

Seems like it's gonna be more detailed this time, thank goodness.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, that's a big improvement. Just imagine how much more detailed teh bewbs and stuff will be too. lolz

Bro SMASH
laughing out loud Yeah, I'm pretty anxious to see the other characters myself.

Bro SMASH
New screenshots featuring Hitomi and Ayane:

http://vgimg.com/194/dead-or-alive-5/#

Aliens
I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive

DukeNuke
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zack Fair
Glad to see my babes are back

Ridley_Prime
Think I'm gonna give this a priority over Soul Calibur 5 now. Feels too long since I've played a new DoA in comparison. And yeah, it's good to see them again.

Bro SMASH
Anybody else notice that Hayate kind of looks like Zhao Yun?

Bro SMASH
Here's another picture of Hitomi...looking a bit dirty.

http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2242-doa5-news-update-thread/page__st__840__p__90195

And here's a little something about Itagaki and DOA2:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/09/tomonobu-itagaki-reveals-how-dead-or-alive-2-was-released-unfinished/

Bro SMASH
Kasumi vs. Ayane and...Akira Yuki!

m75vMsVAKV4

majid86

m75vMsVAKV4

What is Akira doing in DOA 5?
Is he a guest character or something?

Bro SMASH
It seems that way.

jalek moye
I hope this games single player isn't completely empty like some recent fighting games.

Zack Fair
Me Gusta how Akira made it into the game.

StyleTime

m75vMsVAKV4
The visuals just get better and better.

Zack Fair
Agreed. They look stunnigly good and the dirt in the clothes is great to see

StyleTime
Looks like Team Ninja is finally listening to the playerbase about the gameplay changes too. It's starting to look like a good thing that Itagaki left.

Sidestepping will supposedly return to its 3.1 incarnation. There will be some attacks that ignore normal defensive holds too. If they keep on this track, DOA only stands to get better. I really hope they do because DOA is one of my favorites. I would love to see it reach its full potential.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/14/dead-or-alive-5-news-3-1-style-sidesteps-moves-going-through-holds-winter-2012-release-window/

Some images of the new control scheme. It looks like they want to go back to the 3 point hold system which is disappointing though. Check out the PS3 layout.
http://shoryuken.com/2012/02/10/dead-or-alive-5-demo-control-scheme-hints-at-gameplay-changes/

Zack Fair
I am hype. This will be the figther I will get this year.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by jalek moye
I hope this games single player isn't completely empty like some recent fighting games.
Mortal Kombat 9 says hi.

But yeah, I hope this sequel doesn't shit on what I liked about the previous games in terms of single player or whatnot like Soul Calibur V pretty much did. This game already looked more promising to me from the start than SCV did anyway based on trailers and links.

Zack Fair
q1b-YGyBChI

StyleTime
I love their new animations so much. Ayane's tower dive attack was awesome.

Their faces look a lot better too. Less doll-like.

Scythe
q1b-YGyBChI

Where the f*ck did that car come from?!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>