Superman vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Not sure if this kind of thread is allowed, but I'm going try it anyway.

This fight is going to happen as if it were in an actual comic.

Galactus has killed/incapacitated everyone on DC earth and only superman is left. Would he win and how?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman would win without a doubt. Whether it's through a plot device, a power up such as a Sun dip or Superman just straight up punching him out depends on the writer.

cdtm
Not to mention, pre reboot Earth Prime was a protected nexus for the entire multiverse. If Superman can't do it alone, some cosmic being will help him out, like Kismet, The Guardians, Spectre...

Although it's funny how Busiek had Earth outright destroyed, and it all held together, despite what Johns established..

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman would win without a doubt. Whether it's through a plot device, a power up such as a Sun dip or Superman just straight up punching him out depends on the writer.

thumb up

Utrigita

Most likely through a plot device or some crap about "Galactus was touched by the spirit of the young kryptonian fighting for his adopted planet ... blah blah"

CosmicComet
Nah, I think he just punches him out.

quanchi112
Galactus kills Superman and the elseworld comic comes to a close. Finally a happy ending.

Damborgson

CosmicComet
Originally posted by quanchi112
Galactus kills Superman and the elseworld comic comes to a close. Finally a happy ending.

Superman victories are the happy endings.

zopzop
Galactus annihilates him. He has so many options to end this fight it's not even funny. A non jobbing Galactus cannot lose unless some cosmic being higher up on the food chain steps in to save Clark.

Galactus can : devour the planet straight up, devour the Sun (there goes the sun dip), suck the energy right out of Clark, transform himself or the Sun into a red sun (now Superman is fugged), transmute him to protoplasm (like he did to Herc in an alternate universe), I can go on but you get the point.

ares834
Originally posted by zopzop
Galactus annihilates him. He has so many options to end this fight it's not even funny. A non jobbing Galactus cannot lose unless some cosmic being higher up on the food chain steps in to save Clark.

Galactus can : devour the planet straight up, devour the Sun (there goes the sun dip), suck the energy right out of Clark, transform himself or the Sun into a red sun (now Superman is fugged), transmute him to protoplasm (like he did to Herc in an alternate universe), I can go on but you get the point.

You must have missed the first post... Galactus will definitely be jobbing.

Rage is right. Through some stupid/twisted logic Superman will get the win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Superman victories are the happy endings. Well then how does that explain the sea of depression that comes over me after he survives every crisis.

guy222
big g

CosmicComet
Well then how does that explain the sea of depression that comes over me after he survives every crisis.

You are a villain at heart, nothing wrong with that.

rotiart
$50 dollars gets you the happy endings.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by ares834
You must have missed the first post... Galactus will definitely be jobbing.

Rage is right. Through some stupid/twisted logic Superman will get the win.

thumb up

Unfortunately, this is true; in the senario put forth by the OP in a comicbook Galactus will job furiously and Superman will over achieve by several orders of magnitude and find a way to defeat Galactus...

Galactus could even be at full power and it wont matter...Galan of Taa will lose.

JakeTheBank
Now let us wait for the inevitable argument as to how Superman could win even without the excuse of PIS and jobbing on Galactus' part.

CosmicComet
^Wait no longer; By punching him.

Nothing PIS about Superman fighting above his perceived weight class. That's kinda his schtick.

American Dragon
they actually have meet b4 a galactus was powerful enough 2 turn superman into his herald so galactus in my opinion is 2 powerful 4 even superman

quanchi112
You are a villain at heart, nothing wrong with that. From my perspective it's Superman who's evil.

Badabing
From my perspective it's Superman who's evil. Then you are truly lost!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Then you are truly lost! Only a sith deals in absolutes.

Mindset
Only a sith deals in absolutes. lol

JakeTheBank
Lol RotS

Diesldude
^Wait no longer; By punching him.

Nothing PIS about Superman fighting above his perceived weight class. That's kinda his schtick.

thumb up He then makes the milky way spin backwards and restores everything to the way it was before Galactus. smile

Mshinu
Big G eats Superman. Kal is like candy to him, yum yum. RIP

Batman apprears, revealing he only faked his death earlier so he could have 5 mins of prep. Sprays Galactus in the face with the anti-cosmic batspray distilled from his own farts. Galan runs like hell and wows never to return. Earth is saved.

A few issues later Superman returns alive and well with some bs explanation for how he survived. The happy ending thus becomes a bad ending.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Mshinu
Big G eats Superman. Kal is like candy to him, yum yum. RIP

Batman apprears, revealing he only faked his death earlier so he could have 5 mins of prep. Sprays Galactus in the face with the anti-cosmic batspray distilled from his own farts. Galan runs like hell and wows never to return. Earth is saved.

A few issues later Superman returns alive and well with some bs explanation for how he survived. The happy ending thus becomes a bad ending.

If Big G would eat Superman, superman would learn that he can absorb the power Cosmic and "dip" inside Galactus till he breaks him apart.

But Superman would win with an near lighspeed, infinite mass headbutt.

a88378438
SA superman maybe is a littele trouble
this man can lift universe,and maybe can destroy a universe just by him speed

Aakla
Galactus strips Superman down to just a skeleton with just a thought, like he did to Herc, then ignores him.

TheHulk
HAHA LOL Superman defeats the world eater votes 8 while for Galactus beating superman votes 7 i voted and it's 8-8 i'm the equalizer but seriously Galactus will beat 10/10 unless Superman sun dip for more than one sun than again he might overload but that's his only chance to to be equal in terms of power to Galactus cosmic energy.

Mshinu
Big G looses.. unless he has Surfer with him ofc

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/109/a/9/Galactus_vs_JLA_3_by_xiconhoca.jpg

Batman-Prime
http://cdn.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_84/subcat_2524/SupGalgustoMcleod.jpg
Give Galactus some heralds so he might have a chance smile

And here is what would happen to the rest of Marvel once Supes is done

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs18/i/2007/217/b/6/Kickin_Marvel__s_Behinds_by_ssejllenrad2.jpg

http://www7.pic-upload.de/15.08.11/htpqsl2zam4.png

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheHulk
HAHA LOL Superman defeats the world eater votes 8 while for Galactus beating superman votes 7 i voted and it's 8-8 i'm the equalizer but seriously Galactus will beat 10/10 unless Superman sun dip for more than one sun than again he might overload but that's his only chance to to be equal in terms of power to Galactus cosmic energy.

I dont think some of you understand the OP...

In a forum fight (where there is no PIS) of course Galactus defeats Superman; normally this would be a spite thread...in a forum fight, Galactus beats Superman a hundred different ways without effort.

But the OP specifically asks what would happen if they fought (under the conditions listed in the OP) in a comicbook...

And in a comicbook Galactus would be made to lose; the writter would job the living hell out of Galactus and Superman would find a way to stop Galactus...

Superman is DC's golden boy; when its crunch time and the Earth is in grave danger, Superman cannot be stopped...

TheHulk
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I dont think some of you understand the OP...

In a forum fight (where there is no PIS) of course Galactus defeats Superman; normally this would be a spite thread...in a forum fight, Galactus beats Superman a hundred different ways without effort.

But the OP specifically asks what would happen if they fought (under the conditions listed in the OP) in a comicbook...

And in a comicbook Galactus would be made to lose; the writter would job the living hell out of Galactus and Superman would find a way to stop Galactus...

Superman is DC's golden boy; when its crunch time and the Earth is in grave danger, Superman cannot be stopped... umm okay

Mshinu
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
And here is what would happen to the rest of Marvel once Supes is done

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs18/i/2007/217/b/6/Kickin_Marvel__s_Behinds_by_ssejllenrad2.jpg

Until Thanos gets involved..

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/091/b/8/thanos_vs_superman_cc_by_bikemerc.jpg

Batman-Prime

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/091/b/8/thanos_vs_superman_cc_by_bikemerc.jpg

Actually it would end more like this.

golem370
Superman new herald of Galactus

Stoic
Galactus turns him into green poo.

Black bolt z

How is juggernaut bleeding?

zeel

haha thats awsome.

Black bolt z

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/091/b/8/thanos_vs_superman_cc_by_bikemerc.jpg I find the size of thanos's head compared to his body the most disturbing thing in that pic.

vansonbee
Originally posted by zeel
haha thats awsome. Thanos #1 sadist in all worlds.

heru
Superman would have a hard time beating the Silver Surfer. I really don't see him beating the crap out of Big G. Galactus would take the Silver Surfer board and rape Superman with it....lol

MF DELPH
Supes would win, but I think it would be in the same way Zenn-La "won". Supes would offer his services for Earth's safety, then after getting turned into a herald, leads Galactus to Oa and double crosses him. A battle ensues and Galactus is driven off by a concerted effort of Herald Supes, the GL Corps, the Guardians, and Mogo.

Igniz
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Not sure if this kind of thread is allowed, but I'm going try it anyway.

This fight is going to happen as if it were in an actual comic.

Galactus has killed/incapacitated everyone on DC earth and only superman is left. Would he win and how?

OMG! If this were in an actual comic, then comic politics will play it out again.Not to mention this depends on the writer.If this was done by Kurt Busiek, then Superman's dial goes to 11 and then punches Galactus's lights out.

Mindship
Galactus reveals that he was the real reason Krypton died then makes Superman his golden herald...

...oh, wait...

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mindship
Galactus reveals that he was the real reason Krypton died then makes Superman his golden herald...

...oh, wait...

Golden Oldie aka Aunt May?

Mindship
Originally posted by the ninjak
Golden Oldie aka Aunt May? Galactus likes that golden sheen, he seems to use it quite a bit. I guess silver is for special occasions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.