Movie Thor vs. X-Men 3 Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Silent Hero
Magneto is plotting the destruction of humanity, while in Asgard Odin is greatly displeased with Thor, with his pride and impetuousness. So, in his august wisdom, he banishes Thor from Asgard. Thor cannot return until he has defeated Magneto. Odin grants him Mjolnir.

Just as Magneto is about to assault Warren labs, the clouds, the very heavens are torn asunder and Thor lands on the battlefield. Magneto, believing himself the superior being, gives battle to Thor. The humans and lesser mutants stand back to observe this battle of kings.

Thor is armed with Mjolnir and demigodlike powers around the end of his movie when he fought that big metallic thing. He is not fully restored to God status, but is still very powerful.

Magneto is as is in X-Men Last Stand.

Who wins?

Robtard
Thor wearing armor? Magneto wins.

The Silent Hero
Can he affect heavenly armor though? Do the laws of electromagnetism apply?

McNasty996
Is this on the bridge. If so I give this to Magneto.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Robtard

Nahhhh.

Mjolnir and Thor's armor are enchanted and defy the laws of nature.

Mjolnir is made of Uru forged in a dying star. Stacked with enchantments.
His armor as stated by Odin himself is his legacy. Made from pure energy.

Film Magneto feared the plastic rifles the military made in Xmen3.
He needed a vibrative mutant to shatter them before his arrival less he got pelted with plastic bullets.

Thor's hammer and armor are far beyond plastic.

Thor blasts then smashes Magneto's old head in.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
Nahhhh.

Mjolnir and Thor's armor are enchanted and defy the laws of nature.

Mjolnir is made of Uru forged in a dying star. Stacked with enchantments.
His armor as stated by Odin himself is his legacy. Made from pure energy.

Film Magneto feared the plastic rifles the military made in Xmen3.
He needed a vibrative mutant to shatter them before his arrival less he got pelted with plastic bullets.

Thor's hammer and armor are far beyond plastic.

Thor blasts then smashes Magneto's old head in.

The hammer, maybe.

Where was it shown or stated that the metal of Thor's armor "defies the laws of nature" and is not affected by a magnetic field? Scene?

Magneto feared the plastic guns because he can't specifically affect plastic and those guns had the anti-mutagen serum. Your comparison is nonsense.

the ninjak
Magneto feared the plastic guns because he can't specifically affect plastic and those guns had the anti-mutagen serum. Your comparison is nonsense.

He feared the plastic guns because if a plastic bullet hit him he would die, he was imprisoned in a plastic tomb.

The serum was just ammunition that gave him a fate worse than death. Lol.
The hammer, maybe.
Where was it shown or stated that the metal of Thor's armor "defies the laws of nature" and is not affected by a magnetic field? Scene?

The armor as stated by Odin was his legacy. Part of the Odin Force.
When Thor proved his worthiness he regained the armor along with the hammer. Obviously both have the same origin hence the accomplishment.

Robtard
He feared the plastic guns because if a plastic bullet hit him he would die. The serum was just ammunition that gave him a fate worse than death. Lol.

WTF... no, you need to watch that shitty X3 movie again. Those guns didn't fire bullets, they shot syringes full of the anti-mutagen; he feared being turned into a normal human, which is what happened when he was hit with one.

Anyhow, this "plastic" angle of yours has nothing to do with Thor. Thor's armor isn't made of plastic, it's metal.

the ninjak
WTF... no, you need to watch that shitty X3 movie again. Those guns didn't fire bullets, they shot syringes full of the anti-mutagen; he feared being turned into a normal human, which is what happened when he was hit with one.

Anyhow, this "plastic" angle of yours has nothing to do with Thor. Thor's armor isn't made of plastic, it's metal.

It has everything to do with your point.

Plastic projectiles can enter Magneto's influence and penetrate his flesh. Hence Hank jumping onto him and stabbing him with it. Pathetic.

Bullets or needles it doesn't matter. Odin's enchantments easily override simple plastic. The hammer was his creation so was the armor, accept it!

Uru and enchantments that's whats made Mjolnir. The armor would be no different. Do you think he made it of simple steel? No. He made it of his legacy.

Robtard
It has everything to do with your point.

Plastic projectiles can enter Magneto's influence and penetrate his flesh. Hence Hank jumping onto him and stabbing him with it. Pathetic.

Bullets or needles it doesn't matter. Odin's enchantments easily override simple plastic. The hammer was his creation so was the armor, accept it!

Uru and enchantments that's whats made Mjolnir. The armor would be no different. Do you think he made it of simple steel? No. He made it of his legacy.

No, not at all actually.

Magneto's powers affect metal. So plastic, wood, flesh, rock etc are out of his scope. This has nothing to do with a weakness of his powers. It's just outside of his scope.

Your 'Thor's armor > plastic' so it won't be affected is complete nonsense. It's metal, it's in Magneto's field to manipulate.

Unless you have some evidence that this "enchantment" renders it immune to a magnetic field, you have no point. So name the scene?

Do you know what "legacy" means? Odin was saying saying the armor is a gift, passed down from father to son. eg From his ancestors. None of this "he made it of his legacy", which makes zero sense.

the ninjak
It makes complete sense.

Once Thor became worthy of Mjolnir and his armor it bonded to him. Resurrected him.

The element isn't created from the same thing as the items we are used to on Earth. Uru + Enchantments. Described as stone but hard as and looks like metal. But not metal.

If this debate boils down to you assuming that Uru is metal then this argument will go nowhere. Both are magical. Both defy the laws of nature. Magic is an undiscovered form of science therefore beyond such base assumptions.

Show me film feats of Magneto manipulating magical based elements. You can't. He got defeated by plastic. Which is crap compared to Uru or enchanted elements.

Robtard
It makes complete sense.

Once Thor became worthy of Mjolnir and his armor it bonded to him. Resurrected him.

The element isn't created from the same thing as the items we are used to on Earth. Uru + Enchantments. Described as stone but hard as and looks like metal. But not metal.

If this debate boils down to you assuming that Uru is metal then this argument will go nowhere. Both are magical. Both defy the laws of nature. Magic is an undiscovered form of science therefore beyond such base assumptions.

Show me film feats of Magneto manipulating magical based elements. You can't. He got defeated by plastic. Which is crap compared to Uru or enchanted elements.

More illogical conclusions.

Not discussing Mjolnir, as that certainly has certain variables we know of. Only Thor (and Odin) being able to wield etc.

You're basing your argument on the comic book, this is why you fail here. Movie feats only.

Show me in the film where Thor's armor was stated to not be metal and/or immune to a magnetic field? Because by all appearances, it looks/acts like metal.

Your "defeated by plastic!" argument is nonsense. Adamantium > plastic too, yet Magneto could affect adamantium and we know that shit is "virtually indestructible."

And for the record, Magneto was able to shield himself against a Mjolnir (made of Uru) and send it back at Thor in the comics.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47816/1127050-magfiresstonesshield7jj.jpg. So you're wrong from a comic-book angle too. Know BEFORE you argue.

ares834

thumb up

This magic armor isn't effected by magnetic fields is RJ level fanboyism.

the ninjak
Bahhh!

His enchanted metal/stone/element defies all physics. It's magic is therefore beyond such base feats/manipulations.

Robtard
LoL, fanboyism rage.

BruceSkywalker
going by what i have seen while watching Thor and X3 Mags.. Thor won't be afraid of plastic baubles the same way Mags was.. also i don't see Mags stopping Mjolnir from knocking him out

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
going by what i have seen while watching Thor and X3 Mags.. Thor won't be afraid of plastic baubles the same way Mags was..

also i don't see Mags stopping Mjolnir from knocking him out

Thor wouldn't fear those plastic guns because he's not a mutant.

Thor would have to throw Mjolnor first, can't do that when he's being held/crushed by his own armor under tons and tons of pressure.

the ninjak
LoL, fanboyism rage.

You out of stuff to say?

Show me feats of Magneto manipulating enchantment based elements.
Thor wouldn't fear those plastic guns because he's not a mutant.
He wouldn't feay any plastic unlike Magneto. Who can be hit with any mineral based on metal. Unfortanately for him Uru is beyond such limitations.
Thor would have to throw Mjolnor first, can't do that when he's being held/crushed by his own armor under tons and tons of pressure.
He will throw it. And he won't stop it. Just as he won't crush the armor.
Funny how you admit that Mjolnir can withstand his manipulations but not the armor. The armor is arguably older than the hammer. Actually it is lol.

Robtard
You out of stuff to say?

Show me feats of Magneto manipulating enchantment based elements.

He wouldn't feay any plastic unlike Magneto. Who can be hit with any mineral based on metal. Unfortanately for him Uru is beyond such limitations.

You've yet to counter any of my points and are still dodging. Show me where this "enchantment" renders Thor's armor immune to magnetic fields? By all appearances, it is metal. So the burden is on you.

And that has nothing to do with Thor's armor, as it isn't made of plastic. I also showed you how you were wrong from a comics standpoint too, because this is what you're basing your fanboyish argument on.

http://imageshack.us/f/174/journeyintomystery10910lw1.jpg/
See, you're wrong yet again with your comic-book angle.

the ninjak
You've yet to counter any of my points and are still dodging. Show me where this "enchantment" renders Thor's armor immune to magnetic fields? By all appearances, it is metal. So the burden is on you.

And that has nothing to do with Thor's armor, as it isn't made of plastic. I also showed you how you were wrong from a comics standpoint too, because this is what you're basing your fanboyish argument on.

No I'm not.

You can't supply me with a feat of Magneto manipulating magical based elements. So you're dodging the argument.

Magic/Science, a fine line blurs the two. One that is certainly beyond plastic.

My arguments are not comic based as you state. Just logical to the fact that Thor and Odin have been fighting threats for hundreds of years if not more from all coners of the universe. Magnetism would be no surprise.

And lol how that scan shows Thor + armor breaking through Mag's efforts.

Robtard
No I'm not.

You can't supply me with a feat of Magneto manipulating magical based elements. So you're dodging the argument.

Magic/Science, a fine line blurs the two. One that is certainly beyond plastic.

LoL, still dodging. RJ reborn.

Thor's armor is metal by all appearances, so the burden that magic makes immune to magnetism is on you.

Drop your plastic angle, it's stupid.

PS, you're wrong yet again from a comics standpoint too:
http://imageshack.us/f/174/journeyintomystery10910lw1.jpg/

Zack Fair
Thor punches Magneto's head off his shoulders.

Robtard
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thor punches Magneto's head off his shoulders.

While Thor could kill Magneto with one hit, he has to be able to move first to do so,'can't do that when he's trapped in his armor and being crushed, likely shitting himself.

the ninjak
So sad that you have to bring a comic scan to the battle. One from the 60's at the very least.

Once again you admitted yourself that the hammer can comprise Magneto's manipulations. Why? Enchantments? It looks metal but it ain't.

It's a construct. Just like the armor.

-Thor and Mags look at each other.
-Thor throws hammer while hitting the sky.
-Mags tries to stop hammer.
-He can't.
-Gets smashed through the skull.

Or

-Thor throws hammer.
-Mags tries to clench Thor's enchanted armor shards.
-Mags gets smashed through the head.

Either way game over for the old man who looks very fragile in his old age. And can't dodge crap.

Robtard
So sad that you have to bring a comic scan to the battle. One from the 60's at the very least.

Once again you admitted yourself that the hammer can comprise Magneto's manipulations. Why? Enchantments? It looks metal but it ain't.

It's a construct. Just like the armor.

-Thor throws hammer while hitting the sky.
-Mags tries to stop hammer.
-He can't.
-Gets smashed through the skull.

Or

-Thor throws hammer.
-Mags tries to clench Thor's enchanted armor shards.
-Mags gets smashed through the head.

Either way game over for the old man who looks very fragile in his old age. And can't dodge crap.

So sad of me? You were the one trying to use comic angles, which you were wrong with, comic-book Magneto can affect mjolnir(uru). Just deal with it.

Odin specifically said some facts about the hammer, this is why it may or may not be out of Magneto's magnetism. Only the worthy may wield. Is Magneto worthy? I doubt it, he's a villain.

So, the armor? Where in the movie does it indicate that it's resistant to magnetic fields? Stop dodging.

That old man can output more power than Thor on film. I've yet to see Thor tear out and move the Golden Gate Bridge.

McNasty996
If this fight is on the bridge which the OP gives me the impression. Whats to stop Magneto from strangling Thor to death with the cables or wrapping him up with a car or two and squeezing. By feats Eric has the faster reaction time.

the ninjak
You are the one using the comic feats???

I can argue all day. Show me feats of Mags manipulating an element of magical origin. And if you want show me a comic feat of Magneto manipulating Thor's person. that scan you showed showcased Mag's ability to make forcefield abilities beyond just manipulating metal. A feat the film version never had.

Originally posted by McNasty996
If this fight is on the bridge which the OP gives me the impression. Whats to stop Magneto from strangling Thor to death with the cables or wrapping him up with a car or two and squeezing. By feats Eric has the faster reaction time.

Thor hits the sky as fast as he dodged the Destroyer's beam. Game over. Mag's Statue of Liberty feats were impressive but limited to his sight in such a small room. Thor flies fast and has perfect combat feats while in that phase of battle.

Robtard
You are the one using the comic feats???

I can argue all day. Show me feats of Mags manipulating an element of magical origin. And if you want show me a comic feat of Magneto manipulating Thor's person. that scan you showed showcased Mag's ability to make forcefield abilities beyond just manipulating metal. A feat the film version never had.

You're the one that alluded to the comics in your initial argument and you were proved to be wrong from a comic standpoint too. Just deal and move on. K?

You can fanboy all day more like. Again, Thor's armor by all appearances is metal; this is what Magneto affects, be it brass, steel or fictional metals such as adamantium. The burden to show that Thor's metal armor is somehow not affected by a magnetic field is on you.

So do that with a scene or quote from the film, or just drop your nonsense argument, don't care either way.

the ninjak
No. You used comic feats. I didn't

It may look like metal but it's mystical. Uru. It's Odin's legacy. It appeared out of thin air.

You show a feat of Mags manipulating magical based elements. Or as I said before Mags manipulating Thor's form - hammer with magnetism in a comic since you showed the hammer feat.

I can run this circle as long as you can.

Why don't you address my earlier comment.
The 2 battle scernarios.

Robtard
No. You used comic feats. I didn't

It may look like metal but it's mystical. Uru. It's Odin's legacy. It appeared out of thin air.

You show a feat of Mags manipulating magical based elements. Or as I said before Mags manipulating Thor's form - hammer with magnetism in a comic since you showed the hammer feat.

Hahaha, what a troll. You're the one that used the description of Uru from the comics to say Thor's gear wasn't metal. You did this, not me. Deal that your were wrong in the comics too, it's okay.

You don't know what legacy means, we covered this. Anyhow, how does "appearing out of thin air" negate it being affected by a magnetic field? It doesn't.

Thor's armor in the film looks like metal, burden is on you. Not that you will, cos you can't. You can only fanboy-argue.

Edit: In regards to your edit, your "Thor throws Mjolnir" was already countered. Thor has to be able to move; he won't be able to a moment after the battle starts, Magneto need only think to lock Thor down in his own armor.

the ninjak
Lol

1. Your comic feat featured a comic based Magneto who could use an ability he can't use on film. He can't do to the hammer in film what he did in that comic. Your Edit comment has been crushed.

2. That very same feat showed Thor easily breaking through his crushing metal manipulation like it was nothing but paper.

3. You still haven't proved that the element that encases Thor is metal but just "looks" metal. It's enchanted with hundreds if not thousands of years of protective enchantments. Hell! Even Ironman can negate Mag's manipulation due to anti-magnetism fields. And Thor's enchantments defy Stark's tech. But that's comics. If you wanna go down that road.

4. Thor can create EMP like bursts around the surrounding area. What Magneto can't see he can't manipulate + the effect giving the old man a stroke.

Robtard
Still being a moron are we? You tried the comic angle; it failed. Let it go.

Your argument over Thor's armor is a No Limit Fallacy. Pretty much can say it can do anything. It can make chocolate bunnies and such, unless you prove it can't.

Thor's armor looks like metal, so that's what we go with, unless something in the film specifically said or shown differs. You have no argument, only dodging and clown tactics. The burden that it isn't metal and/or resistant to magnetism is on you. Not that you will.

You're RJ reborn and debating against a fanboy is futile.

the ninjak
So now you can't argue that your precious scan was pointless therefore your hammer deflecting point is also pointless.

You're the one who showed a comic scan to defend your point. Not me, so you're just bashing yourself now.

Movie Feat-
1. Thor creating an Emp blast that smashed Loki back on the bridge.
Would blast Mag's head in. Plus eliminate Thor from Mag's vision/manipulation.

2. Ground Pound attack on the Frost Giants.
Once again Magneto has no resistance. The force alone would disorientate him. Plus the raising ground would eliminate Thor from Mag's vision.

3. Hitting the air instantly after resurrection.
Thor can fly fast! Mags can't effect what he can't see.

4. Hammer Throw.
Mags ain't stopping it. Nor is he nimble enough in the films to avoid it. And once it's thrown it ain't stopping.

Mags in the film is such weaksauce. And you shouldn't have shown a comic feat to defend your point.

Robtard
So now you can't argue that your precious scan was pointless therefore your hammer deflecting point is also pointless.

You're the one who showed a comic scan to defend your point. Not me, so you're just bashing yourself now.

Movie Feat-
1. Thor creating an Emp blast that smashed Loki back on the bridge.
Would blast Mag's head in. Plus eliminate Thor from Mag's vision/manipulation.

2. Ground Pound attack on the Frost Giants.
Once again Magneto has no resistance. The force alone would disorientate him. Plus the raising ground would eliminate Thor from Mag's vision.

3. Hitting the air instantly after resurrection.
Thor can fly fast! Mags can't effect what he can't see.

4. Hammer Throw.
Mags ain't stopping it. Nor is he nimble enough in the films to avoid it. And once it's thrown it ain't stopping.

Mags in the film is such weaksauce. And you shouldn't have shown a comic feat to defend your point.

Considering you brought in comic book material with describing Uru and my argument has never been about Magneto deflecting Mjolnir, no, what I said, you're being a moron and a clown-shoe.

Awesome, Thor has powerful attacks; you've yet to counter how he will attack considering he'll be locked-down in his own armor. (This is my argument from the start.)

"Mags is weaksauce" isn't a valid counter argument, just an FYI. LoL, more lies. Those scans had nothing to do with my argument, they were to show you didn't know shit about comic-Thor either.

the ninjak
Considering you brought in comic book material with describing Uru and my argument has never been about Magneto deflecting Mjolnir, no, what I said, you're being a moron and a clown-shoe.

Awesome, Thor has powerful attacks; you've yet to counter how he will attack considering he'll be locked-down in his own armor.

"Mags is weaksauce" isn't a valid counter argument, just an FYI.

Uru is just an explanation of the enchanted element. You showed a freakin old comic and used it in defence.

And Mags supposedly locking Thor down won't do crap when the feats I showed disorientate him.
God! I showed 4 of them. Mags raises his hand isn't faster than Thor performing the feats I mentioned. And my 4 feats all screw him good.

Robtard
Uru is just an explanation of the enchanted element. You showed a freakin old comic and used it in defence.

And Mags supposedly locking Thor down won't do crap when the feats I showed disorientate him.

God! I showed 4 of them. Mags raises his hand isn't faster than Thor performing the feats I mentioned. And my 4 feats all screw him good.

And you used a comic-book explanation as some means to say Thor's armor isn't metal, genius. Why I showed you the scans to prove that even in the comics Magneto can affect Thor's gear.

Magneto need only look at Thor and think. Faster than anything Thor can accomplish. Fight starts; Thor is locked-down, that fast.

Magneto doesn't have to raise his hand to use his powers. In X1 when he takes away all the guns from the cops and cocks them, he just looked and smiled; slightly dipped his head.

the ninjak
-Against a guy who created an EMP burst to the surrounding area just cause he was angered.

-Can throw a hammer in a heartbeat.

-Flew out of the way of a disintegration beam in a second suddenly after his resurrection. And can fly at speeds that Magnetos old scrawny ass would barely be able to turn his head around fast enough to comprehend the next blast.

ares834
This is stupid... Magneto crushes Thor like a fly.

I also find it funny how Magneto is fast enough too use his powers on Smallville Clark but Thor outspeeds Mags before he can react...

Zack Fair
Smallville Clark pawns Magneto.

Mindset
Clark would rape pretty much any mutant from the movies.

ares834
Oh I agree.

Placidity
Just read this thread. Wow Ninjak, just wow.

Robtard
-Against a guy who created an EMP burst to the surrounding area just cause he was angered.

-Can throw a hammer in a heartbeat.

-Flew out of the way of a disintegration beam in a second suddenly after his resurrection. And can fly at speeds that Magnetos old scrawny ass would barely be able to turn his head around fast enough to comprehend the next blast.

-That wasn't an "EMP burst". That area attack wasn't faster than Magneto can think.

-Magneto thinking is faster than Thor throwing.

-Yeah, you need to watch Thor again, you've no idea what you're talking about again. From the time he woke(grabbed hammer) up to the time he flew upward it was a good 40-45 seconds. When he finally flew, it wasn't that, we can see him start climbing upward slower and then approach a faster rate.

Magneto only needs to see Thor; it's downhill for Thor from there since he's in armor. As per the OP, they're already looking at each other.

the ninjak
Nah Thor screamed and a EMP burst fried the area.

-Mags grabs Thor.
-Thor wills a blast from the sky.
-Mags is disorientated and cops a hammer through the skull.

Originally posted by Placidity
It's just too boring round here now. smile

The Silent Hero
That's a good point though when Thor reclaimed the hammer he did call down a bolt of lightning just by him having it.

That would give Magneto some problems.

Impediment
Originally posted by Placidity

QFT.

Magneto crushes Thor inside his armor like an empty can of Dr. Pepper.

Zack Fair
uhuh

Nuhuh!

Mindset
Originally posted by Impediment
QFT.

Magneto crushes Thor inside his armor like an empty can of Dr. Pepper. Or Thor hits him with lightning.

the ninjak
Magneto has no electric absorbtion abilities.

He's just as screwed. And I had every right to debate the whole "Uru" argument. This is a debating forum. I like taking supposed "spite" threads and turning them around.

Originally posted by Mindset
Or Thor hits him with lightning.
Pretty much. And Asgardian durability is insane. Volstagg took being inside an exploding shop and just popped out. Thor took a blow from a 17 tonne giant and just smiled.

I see Mags making the mistake of assuming he is crushing a crazy man in armor, while Thor blasts him in an instant with either lightning or an energy flash.

steverules_2
Thor took the blast? I thought he deflected it with his Hammer, I watched the film again on an inflight movie unless I saw it wrong

the ninjak
Originally posted by steverules_2
Thor took the blast? I thought he deflected it with his Hammer, I watched the film again on an inflight movie unless I saw it wrong

Are you talking about the Destroyer disintegration beam feat or Loki staff feat?

Robtard
Nah Thor screamed and a EMP burst fried the area.

-Mags grabs Thor.
-Thor wills a blast from the sky.
-Mags is disorientated and cops a hammer through the skull.

It's just too boring round here now. smile

You don't know what an EMP is. EMPs generally affect electronics, they down cause rock and ice to crumble. He called down lighting and then some sort of shock-wave went out.

Magneto grabs Thor and it's over. No raising Mjolnir and striking the ground with it, Thor will be locked down.

It's boring so you act like a clown? Nice.

the ninjak
Fine the blast Thor did on Loki on the bridge when he had all the clones wasn't an EMP blast. It was just a devastating wideburst lightning attack.

Thor can do that to Magneto if grabs him with magnetic force. Erik brought Wolverine towards him in X3, conversed with him then threw him through a bunch of trees.

Thor just screams and Erik gets showered with lightning.

And Asgardian durability is far beyond that of mortals. Let alone the fact that Thor has more durability than Volstagg who took being inside an exploding shop. Thor took a 17 tonne giant's smash to the face and just landed and continued with the fighting. Took Loki's beam that disintegrated the king of the Frost Giants.

My point is Magneto in character wouldn't grab Thor with enough estimated strength to kill him before he showers Erik in lightning. Erik doesn't know who Thor is.

He's just some guy in a costume. Who in the OP has had enough time to fly into the battleground with knowledge of who Magneto is and has enough time to touch the ground. By then he is all ready to will a blast into Magneto. The fact hat he has had enough time to touch ground means he will definitely be able to launch a quick attack to disorientate/if not KO Magneto.

Robtard
Fine the blast Thor did on Loki on the bridge when he had all the clones wasn't an EMP blast. It was just a devastating wideburst lightning attack.

Thor can do that to Magneto if grabs him with magnetic force. Erik brought Wolverine towards him in X3, conversed with him then threw him through a bunch of trees.

Thor just screams and Erik gets showered with lightning.

And Asgardian durability is far beyond that of mortals. Let alone the fact that Thor has more durability than Volstagg who took being inside an exploding shop. Thor took a 17 tonne giant's smash to the face and just landed and continued with the fighting. Took Loki's beam that disintegrated the king of the Frost Giants.

My point is Magneto in character wouldn't grab Thor with enough estimated strength to kill him before he showers Erik in lightning. Erik doesn't know who Thor is.

He's just some guy in a costume. Who in the OP has had enough time to fly into the battleground with knowledge of who Magneto is and has enough time to touch the ground. By then he is all ready to will a blast into Magneto. The fact hat he has had enough time to touch ground means he will definitely be able to launch a quick attack to disorientate/if not KO Magneto.

Magneto "grabs" Thor and Thor will be screaming in pain/dying if Magneto wishes, just like that.

Magneto can exert enough force needed to rip out the Golden Gate Bridge and levitate it across the bay. At least 500,000+ tons, depending how much force it would require to lift and rip the bridge from its anchoring stones and how much of it was left behind. Considering it didn't seem like much was left in the water, we're probably closer to the 880,000 tons the bridge weighs, if not over with the ripping aspect in play.

While Thor was durable, he's never taken 500,000-880,000 tons of force crushing around his body on film. Plus a possible added drowning considering the location.

the ninjak
He's still had enough time to get the knowledge from Odin that he is entering a fight and has enough time to touch the ground.

Lightning blast. Magneto can't think about crap while being blasted.

Robtard
He's still had enough time to get the knowledge from Odin that he is entering a fight and has enough time to touch the ground.

Lightning blast. Magneto can't think about crap while being blasted.

What?

Magneto thinking is faster than Thor blasting with his hammer.

the ninjak
Read the OP.

How can you think when you're blasted by lightning? And the lightning works on its own once Thor releases it.

Placidity
Read the OP.

How can you think when you're blasted by lightning? And the lightning works on its own once Thor releases it.

I can only assume Robtard meant:

Magneto's ability to crush Thor only requires that he thinks it with his mind.

Thor's ability to blast lightning requires the thought to do it first, and then lift his hammer and do the "summoning/aim hammer at target" gesture.

Surely you see who can strike more quickly.

the ninjak
I agree with the guided lightning feat but he also commanded that blast he did on Loki. And all that required was a scream. Thor does have lightning feats that required only a thought.

Stealth Moose

^ This. Or if the armor is somehow magically non-magnetic metal (really? lol), then Mags just wraps a Buick around Thor's head.

If Thor doesn't have full power, he won't be hammer-flying anytime soon.

Mindset
Thor has superhuman durability, I think he can survive long enough to hit Mags with lightning.

Stealth Moose
You realize that Magneto in the movie can generate enough force to lift the Golden Gate bridge without apparent effort, right? He can crush cars with a gesture.

Contrast this with Thor who was pimp-slapped by a robot and immediately dead.

Mindset
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
You realize that Magneto in the movie can generate enough force to lift the Golden Gate bridge without apparent effort, right? He can crush cars with a gesture.

Contrast this with Thor who was pimp-slapped by a robot and immediately dead. Unless Thor is human in this fight I don't see the relevance...

Robtard
I agree with the guided lightning feat but he also commanded that blast he did on Loki. And all that required was a scream.

Thor does have lightning feats that required only a thought.

Yeah, you don't know what you're taking about yet again. The scene where he's on his back on the Bifrost; surrounded by Loki and his mirages, Thor yells "enough" and thrust Mjolnir out in front of his to release the lightning.

So in that attack he manually needed to use the hammer again to produce lightning.

Magneto thinking > Thor using hammer, in terms of speed. Just accept it.

the ninjak
Contrast this with Thor who was pimp-slapped by a robot and immediately dead.

Lol if the Destroyer punched a human he would be lucky to end up like human Thor did.

the ninjak
Yeah, you don't know what you're taking about yet again. The scene where he's on his back on the Bifrost; surrounded by Loki and his mirages, Thor yells "enough" and thrust Mjolnir out in front of his to release the lightning.

So in that attack he manually needed to use the hammer again to produce lightning.

It's hillarious how this has become a quickdraw contest. Good to see.

Magneto thinking > Thor using hammer, in terms of speed. Just accept it.
He screamed enough. The hammer is gonna be in his hand whether you like it or not.

Robtard
He screamed enough. The hammer is gonna be in his hand whether you like it or not.

Again, you don't know what you're talking about, he had to manually use/move the hammer to produce lightning in that scene too. Thor wants to produce lighting it takes physical movement, just accept this.

He wasn't completely prone and just thought "lightning" and it happened as you think. Maybe watch the movie and actually pay attention this time; then come debate.

Speed matters in most fights, especially when either opponent can undo the other with one move, so it's nothing new.

the ninjak
Fine his wrist moves the hammer a little, happy? Well you're probably never happy.

Robtard
Honest question, are you purposely being a fool (cos I don't think I've seen this side of you before) to have a laugh?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Mindset
Unless Thor is human in this fight I don't see the relevance...

He's not restored to God status, which removes any supernatural resistance according to the TC. Yes, he has the powers of his armor and hammer, but he's not immortal. Magneto can exert enough force through metal to lift something which was 887,000 tons as of 1986.

Now, Thor's tissues are "several times" that of a normal human. If you're going by comic book Thor, he becomes almost indestructible and incredibly strong. But if this is movie Thor, he's lacking Odin Force, and his physical durability isn't into the realm of indestructible.

So let's compare the relative powers here:

Magneto can pretty much exert enough force to manipulate and crush Thor with any metal in excess of thousands of tons.

Thor can smash Mags really hard if he gets the chance.

Magneto wraps a Buick around Thor's head. GG.

the ninjak
Honest question, are you purposely being a fool (cos I don't think I've seen this side of you before) to have a laugh?

I usually have a humorous attitude to most of my posts. And I agree sometimes I debate for the sake of it. But it's how I explore options to turn the fight around. This thread would've ended in 3 posts and we wouldn't have learnt a few things about Thorstick out tongue.

Look. I knew this was a spite thread from the start. I knew that Mags should would able to do what you guys have been saying.
-Thor's arms are encased in metal mail. and Magneto could quickly pin him in the air arms out so he can't throw the hammer.
-Thor's chest plate could crush him. Though he can withstand powerful damage, I agree that Mags will crush him soon enough but not without an initial struggle. My point was that Thor would have enough time to blast Erik.

I also thought that Thor's burst lightning feat was done in a moment of anger and any movement of his body could only be purely physical expression. Why does Thor need to aim the hammer at someone to blast them with lightning???
The Hammer is just a tool, it's Thor who's concentrating on the target.
I haven't had time to see the film again and see that scene. But it was the ace up my damn sleeve. Until I see that scene again.

Magneto wins.

the ninjak
He's not restored to God status, which removes any supernatural resistance according to the TC. Yes, he has the powers of his armor and hammer, but he's not immortal. Magneto can exert enough force through metal to lift something which was 887,000 tons as of 1986.

Thor either has God status or he is mortal in the film. I don't think there was ever a third state.
Thor in the beginning of Thor is no different than the Thor at the end besides being wiser.

Now, Thor's tissues are "several times" that of a normal human. If you're going by comic book Thor, he becomes almost indestructible and incredibly strong. But if this is movie Thor, he's lacking Odin Force, and his physical durability isn't into the realm of indestructible.

Though in the film he withstood a blast that killed King Jaufrey. Took a punch to the noggin from a 17 tonne giant and just smiled when he landed. Nothing has actually hurt Thor besides his brother. If Thor went alone to Nifelheim alone he would have killed those giants.

Robtard
Why does Thor need to aim the hammer at someone to blast them with lightning???
The Hammer is just a tool, it's Thor who's concentrating on the target.

It would seem that Thor's lightning attacks come from Mjolnir's powers and are not part of Thor's arsenal. Same thing with flying, Thor needs Mjolnir to fly.

Thanks for coming clean when asked.

K-Dog
Thor either has God status or he is mortal in the film. I don't think there was ever a third state.
Thor in the beginning of Thor is no different than the Thor at the end besides being wiser.

Though in the film he withstood a blast that killed King Jaufrey. Took a punch to the noggin from a 17 tonne giant and just smiled when he landed. Nothing has actually hurt Thor besides his brother. If Thor went alone to Nifelheim alone he would have killed those giants.

Yes, it was like they were all scared of being cornerd and outnumbered until Odin showed up, but Thor was pretty much wiping out everyone and everything. That floor strike that created a massive concussive blast just about destroyed the whole fighting area by itself. His lighting would take out a lot more. One of his throws alone took out about a dozen frost giants. He one shotted that giant dog thing, and he essentially one-shotted the Asgardian destroyer which was a major defense system for Asgard. The warriors 3 and Sif may be toast, but he could also just fly up and create lighting strikes until everyone lay in a cooked heap of death, yay.

Anyway, Magneto could probably crush him but he better do it fast. I'm unsure if mjolnir oould be stopped by Mags.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.