Protégé vs Mxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins

zopzop
Probably Mxy. He can destroy and re-create the entire DC omniverse. As impressive as the Protege was, IMHO he ain't beating that.

golem370
He could copy that power level.

Bentley

guy222
Protege

Prep-Man
Mxy.

Bentley
Are you saying that Myx is above the Living Tribunal?

SquallX
Originally posted by Bentley

Until LT gets up his fat ass and do something remotely close to the shit MXY has done, then yes. Mxy is above LT.

Bentley
Mxy got punked by Gog with some random artifacts though, even if we don't compare with the LT there is a good chance Protege can mimic his powers imo.

leonidas
can't really compare mxy and lt imo. were mxy in marvel he would certainly be below lt as his dimension (and all the dimensions above and below his own) would all be under lt's jurisdiction. since he's outside lt's power....

as far as protege--ridiculous character, nonsensical arc. unclear why scathan could deal with him but lt SEEMED unable to. if i had to pick here, i'd say protege SHOULD be able to copy myx's powers, which really wouldn't=win, but likely eternal stalemate.

Bentley

leonidas
meh, i'll buy it. lt should just have made some machine to drain the little bastard then.... reed would have kicked his a$$ but lt was getting owned. hilarious....

Bentley
Its just a new confirmation that Abstracts suck at thinking.

quanchi112
Protege wins.

Glorificus
Comes down to whether Protege can copy Mxy or not. I don't know if Protege even really had any limits to what he could copy. So I'll go with him.

Batman-Prime
I don't want to lowball LT, he is like Spectre im my book. Anyway, wasn't LT like unable to defeat an Korvac from another reality and wasn't he owned by a gun made by reed from another reality and was he not powerless against the Beyonder (a cube being, pre-rec but anyway, he was always a cube being after the rec)?

So Mxy and LT have their share of "low" feats but honestly, Protege > LT was pis. I don't like it, though I can accept it, it was a low feat of LT and not his best day. He still is < Mxy.

Bentley
I'd rather have some LT expert jump in, but if I understand correctly the LT has been retconned several time into "playing along" with lesser cosmic beings, pretending he's actually having a hard time like he did in the Marvel vs DC crossover.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Glorificus
Comes down to whether Protege can copy Mxy or not. I don't know if Protege even really had any limits to what he could copy. So I'll go with him. The sky was the limit for the Protege.

golem370
Maybe the Living Tribunal didn't stop him at first because he was giving them a choice him or Protege when Scathan gave Protege the thumbs down LT destroyed him.

Black bolt z
Mxy

leonidas
I'd rather have some LT expert jump in, but if I understand correctly the LT has been retconned several time into "playing along" with lesser cosmic beings, pretending he's actually having a hard time like he did in the Marvel vs DC crossover.

not sure there are any lt experts, but you're right, he does play along often. the what if with korvac was another ridiculous scene. his ultimate sanction was a supernova attack on korvac? maybe he didn't want to waste the power it would take and he just decided that universe wasn't worth it?

meh, lt should be well above guys like protege and myx, imo, regardless of how he is at times depicted.

zopzop
Regarding the LT playing along or some such during the Protege fiasco, he wasn't. He was screwed big time till Scathan saved him and all reality (mentioned in the LT's handbook entry too).

To further prove the LT was in trouble, even when passing judgement on the Protege and imprisoning him, he was secretly tapping into the power of the Eye of Agamotto.

Scathan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Protege>>>>>>>>>>>LT.

Back on thread topic, I don't see Protege being able to handle Mxy before Mxy wipes him from existence like he did the ENTIRE DC omniverse and then RECREATING it with a snap of his finger! No one at Marvel has done something that impressive on panel ever.

Nihilist
Mxy for a big majority.

rotiart
Hrm.
Not sure about him actually tapping the amulet. He stated he would... Don't remember him actually doing it.

Magus with ig merged two universes instantly.

Nemesis randomly creating universes in the uktraverse crossover?

Closest things I can think of.

zopzop
@rotiart

He did tap the power of the Eye and Talon called him out on it. The LT got mad and teleported them away.

rotiart
You could be right. It's been a long time since I've cracked open any comics. ;-P

zopzop
Originally posted by rotiart
You could be right. It's been a long time since I've cracked open any comics. ;-P

Marvel digital comics ftw stick out tongue

Bentley

quanchi112

guy222
Originally posted by zopzop
Marvel digital comics ftw stick out tongue

big grin

rotiart
I'd there a monthly cost or what?

Bentley
You can buy it for a year too methinks, I used to have it with some friends.

Sundipped
Don't know how in the world Scathan shackled Protege for that judgement but aside from that he should be able to copy Mxy's powers. Question is, would it do any good?

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
Don't know how in the world Scathan shackled Protege for that judgement but aside from that he should be able to copy Mxy's powers. Question is, would it do any good?

He did more than shackle him. Just before he let lose a blast that floored or stunned the entire assembly, then he shackled him. He must be throwing around some serious power because the LT didn't flinch during IG Warlock's temper tantrum but he was visibly stunned/awed/whatever by Scathan's blast. I don't know what the writer of that story was thinking introducing beings that are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LT. Hell the Protege claimed he was now the new TOAA!

Sundipped
He did more than shackle him. Just before he let lose a blast that floored or stunned the entire assembly, then he shackled him. He must be throwing around some serious power because the LT didn't flinch during IG Warlock's temper tantrum but he was visibly stunned/awed/whatever by Scathan's blast. I don't know what the writer of that story was thinking introducing beings that are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LT. Hell the Protege claimed he was now the new TOAA!

I know. Seems like Scathan was the "true OAA" for this arc. lol.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
I know. Seems like Scathan was the "true OAA" for this arc. lol.

LOL yeah. I hate when the writer doesn't explain how the Protege was able to mimic and surpass TOAA's second in command, why Scathan was as powerful as he was, etc... Such a poorly written story arc.

quanchi112
LOL yeah. I hate when the writer doesn't explain how the Protege was able to mimic and surpass TOAA's second in command, why Scathan was as powerful as he was, etc... Such a poorly written story arc. I absolutely loved that arc though. I miss the old gotg but you can't recreate magic. Best leave it be.

cdtm

Well, since Protege got beaten by a Celestial, it's questionable whether even he was above LT...

Cogito
IIRC, 5D Imps were retconned from being magical in nature to their powers originating from 5th dimensional science that appears to be magic to lower beings.

If anyone knows that for sure, it'd probably be Galan.

golem370
When Warlock/w the infinity gauntlet let loose the only on still standing was LT and a Celestial

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm
Well, since Protege got beaten by a Celestial, it's questionable whether even he was above LT... It wasn't just a standard Celestial it was Scathan whose power dwarfs by many poster's opinions the power of any other Celestial.

rotiart
Originally posted by quanchi112
It wasn't just a standard Celestial it was Scathan whose power dwarfs by many poster's opinions the power of any other Celestial.

That's circular logic and you know it.

Scathan is stronger than lt because he stopped protege.
Protege was stronger than lt because it took Scathan to stop him.

quanchi112
That's circular logic and you know it.

Scathan is stronger than lt because he stopped protege.
Protege was stronger than lt because it took Scathan to stop him. So Scathan using more power than any other Celestial is circular logic ? LOL. What other Celestial has done something greater ?

Bentley

zopzop

Bentley
Yep, but I went to read again and there is nothing pointing out the energy muzzle is a machine.

CosmicComet
Protege should take this.

leonidas
Yep, but I went to read again and there is nothing pointing out the energy muzzle is a machine.

so what your saying is that you intentionally misled me. no expression

rotiart
Originally posted by quanchi112
So Scathan using more power than any other Celestial is circular logic ? LOL. What other Celestial has done something greater ?

You assume the muzzle is greater than anything another celestial has done.
For all you know it was the same strength as the crimson bands of cytorrak. Nothing in he narration tells us what that "muzzle" could contain.

Your logic is now:
Protege is above lt because it took a muzzle from Scathan to stop him.
Scathan is above lt because only his muzzle could stop protege.

And also. The scan where they recognize his level as being the one above all.... If lt acknowledges that the boy truly is above them all...
Then Scathan shouldn't have been able to muzzle him....
Thus he wasn't really above them all....

Etc etc

cdtm
Mxy leads Protege into a comic book, gets the most boring character ever to put him to sleep, and covers the comic in a dust jacket, trapping him. evil face

quanchi112
You assume the muzzle is greater than anything another celestial has done.
For all you know it was the same strength as the crimson bands of cytorrak. Nothing in he narration tells us what that "muzzle" could contain.

Your logic is now:
Protege is above lt because it took a muzzle from Scathan to stop him.
Scathan is above lt because only his muzzle could stop protege.

And also. The scan where they recognize his level as being the one above all.... If lt acknowledges that the boy truly is above them all...
Then Scathan shouldn't have been able to muzzle him....
Thus he wasn't really above them all....

Etc etc Protege just mimicked the power ofo the Lt and no Celestial would pose a problem to Lt like power. That's a fact unless there is some other showing I am unaware of. I made a factual statement.

cdtm
To use your argument against Michael, maybe Protege's durability wasn't on par with his power.

In which case, Mxy has decent odds.

Bentley
Originally posted by leonidas
so what your saying is that you intentionally misled me. no expression

Not intentionally embarrasment

The artifact part still explains why the LT tapped into the Eye of Agamotto though messed

leonidas
Not intentionally embarrasment

The artifact part still explains why the LT tapped into the Eye of Agamotto though messed

bah. you're dead to me.

cdtm

Bentley
Originally posted by leonidas
bah. you're dead to me.

You... YOU... Poopy head! mad

Galan007
Mxy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.