What would happen if Voldemort put on Sauron's ring ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Can he resist it's power and master it or would it corrupt him further and break him into complete dependence on it. Let the speculation begin.

Lord Lucien
The guy had a tremendous fear of death and total lust for power. The Ring will play on that and ultimately corrupt him. Beyond what he already is.

Robtard
He'd become the new Gollum.

NemeBro
He'd become so manly he would have the audacity to use the One Ring of Power to catch fish?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Robtard
He'd become the new Gollum.

But with mad spells....and immortality.

quanchi112
I'm shocked no one has claimed he'd have the willpower to master the ring.

the ninjak
Originally posted by quanchi112
I'm shocked no one has claimed he'd have the willpower to master the ring.

I didn't read the books. He did survive Hell didn't he? He said something to Harry when he resurrected and touched his forehead and sent pure pain in.

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
I didn't read the books. He did survive Hell didn't he? He said something to Harry when he resurrected and touched his forehead and sent pure pain in. I didn't read the books either. Voldemort split up his soul into objects so in a sense he immortalized himself unless someone destroyed those objects along with his physical body.

I figured someone would argue Voldemort's will is greater than Sauron's which is basically what it comes down to imo as to whether you can master the ring or not.

the ninjak
Well Sauron in his plane was an an inferno with an eye in the center.

Voldemort survived the afterlife and sent that pain into Harry's head but Harry handled it well.

Then again a simple hobbit held the ring for a long time and withstood its effects.

You would think that if Saruman had put on the ring he would have become immensely powerful. So would Voldemort due to his immortality.

I believe he would sooner or later become a slave to the ring. But initially he would become very powerful. Enough to destroy Hogwarts with ease.

Is Voldemort as wise as Galadriel? I doubt it.

NemeBro
I'm shocked no one has claimed he'd have the willpower to master the ring. Voldemort wasn't particularly strong-willed.

Harry Potter demonstratably had greater willpower than he did.

Nephthys
And Harry couldn't even withstand the allure of the forbidden best friends sister.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Voldemort wasn't particularly strong-willed.

Harry Potter demonstratably had greater willpower than he did. When did Harry exhibit greater willpower than Voldemort ?

ares834
GoF. That's why he won the Priori Incantatem battle.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The guy had a tremendous fear of death and total lust for power. The Ring will play on that and ultimately corrupt him. Beyond what he already is.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
But with mad spells....and immortality.

He's be too insane to cast spells and he's not give a shit about his wand, all that would matter would be his precious.

Gollum was effectively immortal, iirc., or maybe just uber long life due to the ring.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
GoF. That's why he won the Priori Incantatem battle. In goblet of fire what are you saying now ?

ares834
When there wands connected. That's why the ball of energy went over to Voldermort's wand because Harry had more willpower.

Nephthys
Quan hasn't read the books if I recall, where thats made clear. But yes, that occurs in the movies as well.

quanchi112
When there wands connected. That's why the ball of energy went over to Voldermort's wand because Harry had more willpower. You're referencing Goblet of Fire, right ?

In goblet of fire Harry had aid from his parents to flee from Voldemort.

Nephthys
In Goblet of Fire Harry forced Voldemorts spell back into his wand and made it cast Priori Incantartum through sheer willpower. The 'ghosts' of Harrys parents where just images of the people he'd killed with his wand.

ares834
You're referencing Goblet of Fire, right ?

Yep.

At that time he had already won. In fact, the only reason his parents appeared was because he forced the ball towards Voldy's wand.

quanchi112
Yep.

At that time he had already won. In fact, the only reason his parents appeared was because he forced the ball towards Voldy's wand. He hadn't already won his parents showed up to ensure his escape.

Nephthys
L-Qm27bhaYw

3.30. Harry forces Voldemorts spell back into his wand.

Theres also the fact that Harry can resist his imperio.

ares834
He hadn't already won his parents showed up to ensure his escape.

The way you "win" this is by having the ball touch the other's wand. Harry did this. In fact, this is why Voldy needs the Elder Wand to battle Harry, beccause Harry's wand "tasted" Voldemort and will snap any normal wand that Voldemort uses against it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nephthys
L-Qm27bhaYw

3.30. Harry forces Voldemorts spell back into his wand.

Theres also the fact that Harry can resist his imperio. Neither was done and like I said earlier his parents were there to save his ass he had no chance.

Nephthys
WTF?

quanchi112
The way you "win" this is by having the ball touch the other's wand. Harry did this. In fact, this is why Voldy needs the Elder Wand to battle Harry, beccause Harry's wand "tasted" Voldemort and will snap any normal wand that Voldemort uses against it. Voldemort didn't seem to have any trouble disarming Harry In Order of the Phoenix.

Nephthys
Voldemort didn't use a wand that time.

Plus was the final book even out yet? It could just be a continuity mistake.

quanchi112
Voldemort didn't use a wand that time.

Plus was the final book even out yet? It could just be a continuity mistake. Voldemort had his wand in his hand at the time he easily disarmed Potter.

Nephthys
But he didn't cast a spell at him.

quanchi112
But he didn't cast a spell at him. Do you think if he used Fiendfyre that it couldn't/wouldn't work against Harry Potter say if it killed Dumbledore ?

Nephthys
I don't know what you just said but this is the entire plot of the last book/movie. It isn't up for debate.

quanchi112
I don't know what you just said but this is the entire plot of the last book/movie. It isn't up for debate. That Voldemort could have killed harry if he used a different approach like a fire basilisk. The problem with Voldemort at the end was that he never was the rightful ruler of the Elder Wand that's why he failed.

Lord Lucien
Priori Incantatam aside, Harry demonstrated greater willpower when he willingly walked to what he thought was his execution for the greater good. He's "Master of Death" for a reason. Voldemort would listen to the Ring's promises of power and immortality and it would wholly corrupt him. It would take longer than Smeagol, but the man has too many fears and evil desires to resist the Ring.

NemeBro
Neither was done and like I said earlier his parents were there to save his ass he had no chance. You are a very stupid person.

The only reason Harry's parents even showed up is because HArry's force of will overpowered Voldemort's.

Turr_Phennir
I think someone is confusing "willpower" for "magic" and there is a fundamental difference. That Harry's parents rushed Voldemort in order for Harry to escape has absolutely nothing to do with Harry winning the Priori Incantatem through willpower (which he did). Voldemort is the superior wizard and duelist, but Harry's will is stronger.

quanchi112
You are a very stupid person.

The only reason Harry's parents even showed up is because HArry's force of will overpowered Voldemort's. They showed up to save him. Voldemort's will was greater but all the help Harry had and the unforeseen Elder wand problems along with the other Horcrux he wasn't aware of ultimately ended badly for him.

Ps. Quit being so emotional when you debate. It's not good. Just walk away from the pc the next time you get so angry.

NemeBro
They showed up to save him. Voldemort's will was greater but all the help Harry had and the unforeseen Elder wand problems along with the other Horcrux he wasn't aware of ultimately ended badly for him.

Ps. Quit being so emotional when you debate. It's not good. Just walk away from the pc the next time you get so angry. I'm not angry. I was merely stating something I observed, as one would state "the sky is blue."

His parents left the wand only because Harry's will was greater.

You're either trolling, or biologically fascinating.

Turr_Phennir
NemeBro
I'm not angry. I was merely stating something I observed, as one would state "the sky is blue."

You're either trolling, or biologically fascinating.

More specifically, I'd say neurologically.

quanchi112
I'm not angry. I was merely stating something I observed, as one would state "the sky is blue."

You're either trolling, or biologically fascinating. You're really upset and now you've calmed down. I'm also talking about willpower overall not just one scene in which Harry just lost someone right in front of him.

Lord Lucien
From the Harry Potter wiki entry on Priori Incantatem:

"During a wand duel, a simultaneous spellcasting by both parties with twin wand cores will trigger an effect where both wands are linked through seperate threads of spell energy. The two wand holders then compete in a battle of wills, in which the loser's wand is forced to display in ghostly form the spells which had been cast by said wand, in order of most recent to least recent."

Harry won that duel via a superior will. The ghosts opted to distract Voldemort and the Death Eaters while Harry made for Cedric's body and the Cup. They weren't there to win him the wand duel.

Turr_Phennir
Lucien
Harry won that duel via a superior will.

You and your opponent are the product of different worlds, my Canadian friend. For you live in the world of adequate sources and logical interpretation, your skills honed by the late, great Gideon of KMC. The enemy is a most persistent of Trolls, a blunt, dull weapon forged by the great Trollmakers of EoD.

It is best to withdraw. uhuh

Eminence
laughing

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Turr_Phennir
You and your opponent are the product of different worlds, my Canadian friend. For you live in the world of adequate sources and logical interpretation, your skills honed by the late, great Gideon of KMC. The enemy is a most persistent of Trolls, a blunt, dull weapon forged by the great Trollmakers of EoD.

It is best to withdraw. uhuh Evacuate?! On our moment of triumph?

e-VMTIPwk74

I think you overestimate their chances.

Turr_Phennir
I sincerely hope he doesn't fire a proton torpedo down your exhaust shaft.

If you know what I mean. uhuh

quanchi112
Originally posted by Turr_Phennir

It is best to withdraw. uhuh Concession accepted.

Lord Lucien
My exhaust shaft doubles as a fallout shelter, so I'll just clam up when they come a knockin'. And it's ray shielded!

Turr_Phennir
Lord Lucien
My exhaust shaft doubles as a fallout shelter, so I'll just clam up when they come a knockin'.

How often do others come knocking?

I'm unfamiliar with this Ray Shield, but I hope for your sake he's quite studly. uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.