Ultron VS Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Ultron VS Magneto

No prep/bfr. most recent/current Ultron. Magneto enters with shields up & amped to herald levels. fight is next to a metal scrap yard.

who wins this?

Bentley
What does amped to near herald level even means?

wildernesss
Originally posted by Bentley
What does amped to near herald level even means?

like a herald of galactus; magneto can amp himself to herald levels iirc.

Lord_Talron
thats a really arbitrary amp...

Damborgson
Idk if ultron has a defense for this or not but otherwise I don't see why mags can just mess him up from the inside. I give majority to mags

Lord_Talron
thats what i was thinking but idk if they've ever faced off. if they have, im sure ultron has an answer to him

JakeTheBank
Magneto's already herald-ish under his own power, albeit not a high end one.

OneDumbG0
I'd like to think Ultron with his molecular rearranger could somewhat counter Magneto's control over adamantium. But I would be easily convinced otherwise with proof if anybody has any.

TheLordofMurder
If Ultron can counter Magneto's magnetism with his molecular control, then Ultron will eventually batter Magneto's force field down and kill him...

If Ultron cant, then its an easy win for Magneto...

Bentley
Ultron should be able to protect both his insides and his adamantium using his molecular arranger and his forcefield, he could probably shift his forcefield so Magneto cannot control it either, so this may go to war of attrition in which Ultron should win in the end.

dmills
Ultron should be able to protect both his insides and his adamantium using his molecular arranger and his forcefield, he could probably shift his forcefield so Magneto cannot control it either, so this may go to war of attrition in which Ultron should win in the end.

Meh, too many if's, shoulds and coulds for me. I'll go with Mags

Mshinu
Mags scraps him.

DTM
Going with Magneto here. Weve already seen him control pure adamantium, and being that Ultrons matter rearranger is surely metal, I dont see it lasting too long to protect him from Mags' power.

Bentley
Originally posted by dmills

Ultron would likely sh_t on Magneto on a comic, he's just written that way. If you think Magneto can overcome his defenses, be my guest, he certainly has a powerset that could pass through them.

CosmicComet
Ultron likely has Magneto's number. No real reason to think this other than how powerful Ultron comes across.

DTM
Of course, Ultron never battles characters who can control all metal, adamantium included. I love Ultron, I think he would hand Thor, Cap, Iron Man and so on Avengers their butts, but Magneto and his power set just has Ulties number.

Classic NES
Magneto.

iscaremonkeys
oh please magneto turns him into scrap metal

Magnon
Magneto wins, his power set is tailor-made for this fight.

Odekahn
If ironman can last against mags then Ultron will stomp. Ultron is smarter than tony.

And you can't take prep away from Ultron when the current Ultron is attacking from the future. I mean you can take it away, it's just not going to do any good as time is meaningless to him currently.

pym-ftw
Ultron has magnetic control aswell in his powerset

Stoic
Originally posted by dmills

Yeah I'm feeling the same way. Ultron seems like Magneto's perfect victim.

yaadaveyaa
how doesnt mags win this im confused

leonidas
pretty much. magneto would take him 10/10 unless ultron had foreknowledge and was able to prep for him.

Bentley
Since you bumped this, I reiterate my answer: Ultron sh_ts on Magneto.

magneto crumples him into little ball of aluminum foil

yaadaveyaa
Since you bumped this, I reiterate my answer: Ultron sh_ts on Magneto.

im sorry you have never read an x-men comic before magneto will turn ultron into a ball of scrap metal after hes torn apart over and over terribly sorry you should go pick up one of there comics there pretty good thers a guy in wheel chair and a dude who shoots shit from his eyes a lady who controls the weather its really cool oh and dont forget the main bad guy who controls METAL

Bentley
I've read more comics than you darling. It's not my fault if Marvel has depicted Iron Man and Doom as capable of hanging with Magneto so often while Ultron is in an entirely different league.

Odekahn
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
im sorry you have never read an x-men comic before magneto will turn ultron into a ball of scrap metal after hes torn apart over and over terribly sorry you should go pick up one of there comics there pretty good thers a guy in wheel chair and a dude who shoots shit from his eyes a lady who controls the weather its really cool oh and dont forget the main bad guy who controls METAL

Yet IRONMAN took him 1v1...

TheHulk
Mags 10/10 believe it or not.

Ultron is a high herald for sure,which is higher than what Mags is and surely Mags can't fight Hulk or Thor,who Ultron can fight, lol but too bad...Mags abilites allows him to have Ultrons number....

Originally posted by TheHulk
Mags 10/10 believe it or not.

Ultron is a high herald for sure,which is higher than what Mags is and surely Mags can't fight Hulk or Thor,who Ultron can fight, lol but too bad...Mags abilites allows him to have Ultrons number.... magneto can most certainly fight hulk and thor and should beat classic savage hulk for a majority.

Originally posted by Odekahn
Yet IRONMAN took him 1v1... with one-sided prep that magneto adapted to and surpassed on the fly. more importantly, when the phoenix devoured a world magneto was drawing power from , god knows how far in the cosmos, his concentration was shattered and it cost him the fight.

yaadaveyaa
I've read more comics than you darling. It's not my fault if Marvel has depicted Iron Man and Doom as capable of hanging with Magneto so often while Ultron is in an entirely different league.

were not arguing AT ALL that ultron is much stronger then mags in a fight with almost anyone else mags just has the skill set

JakeTheBank
I'd actually like to see a fight between these two to see how writers would deal with Ultron being paired against a guy whose power set by all rights would wreck him.

Given the intent from Bendis and others who have recently worked with the character, I'm inclined to believe that Ultron is at least a whole level above Magneto. But Magneto's power set on paper seems like a robot's nightmare.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd actually like to see a fight between these two to see how writers would deal with Ultron being paired against a guy whose power set by all rights would wreck him.

Given the intent from Bendis and others who have recently worked with the character, I'm inclined to believe that Ultron is at least a whole level above Magneto. But Magneto's power set on paper seems like a robot's nightmare.

in agreement against almost anyone else a whole tier above him would be tough for mags

pym-ftw
Are the phalanx magnetic?

Anyone got any old xmen vs phalanx scans with Magneto in them?

leonidas
iirc mags did something bad to warlock at one point, but i can't remember exactly what happened or where it happened... embarrasment

i think with prep the robot would certainly win. if mags just surprised him, without proof of ultron being able to resist mag's powers, mags liquifies his adamantium hide and rips apart his interior. sometimes there are simply bad match ups in the kmc.

Bentley
Ultron has control over his adamantium thanks to the molecular arranger, I don't think Magneto will be able to liquify it or deform it against his will considering Ultron has a much higher stamina.

Admittedly Magneto may be the characters with better adamantium manipulation feats that don't use downright magic, so I can give him the benefit of doubt, but Ultron will de definitively fighting against his control.

At this point I'm trying to figure out exactly how antartic vibranium works to understand how Ultron would react to something that will essentially disolve his adamantium. I mean, the version of Ultron that got busted with vibranium was the most powerful true adamantium version that has been engaged in a full battle as far as we know. The fact that vibranium affected it should give us a bit of perspective of what kind of things can work or won't work against Ulty...

Branlor Swift
Ultron should win, judging by his intelligence and lesser tech combatting Magneto.

However, Ultron himself hasn't shown that he can combat Magneto's power to my knowledge.

leonidas
Ultron has control over his adamantium thanks to the molecular arranger, I don't think Magneto will be able to liquify it or deform it against his will considering Ultron has a much higher stamina.

Admittedly Magneto may be the characters with better adamantium manipulation feats that don't use downright magic, so I can give him the benefit of doubt, but Ultron will de definitively fighting against his control.

At this point I'm trying to figure out exactly how antartic vibranium works to understand how Ultron would react to something that will essentially disolve his adamantium. I mean, the version of Ultron that got busted with vibranium was the most powerful true adamantium version that has been engaged in a full battle as far as we know. The fact that vibranium affected it should give us a bit of perspective of what kind of things can work or won't work against Ulty...

anit-metal just gives off vibrations that break down the bonds in any metal. if ultron couldn't stop a random effect, i don't see how he could stop someone ACTIVELY doing what anti-metal can do....

i agree with bran--it seems ultron should win, but without some proof he could resist mags power (i'm 100% positive he could defend against it with some knowledge of who he'd be facing) but without prep i don't see why he would be naturally defended against mags. mags doesn't even need to affect the outside--he could simply go straight for the insides of ultron and by-pass his exterior altogether. mags has some ridonkulous feats that suggest he could do so easily.

Odekahn
Originally posted by leonidas
anit-metal just gives off vibrations that break down the bonds in any metal. if ultron couldn't stop a random effect, i don't see how he could stop someone ACTIVELY doing what anti-metal can do....

i agree with bran--it seems ultron should win, but without some proof he could resist mags power (i'm 100% positive he could defend against it with some knowledge of who he'd be facing) but without prep i don't see why he would be naturally defended against mags. mags doesn't even need to affect the outside--he could simply go straight for the insides of ultron and by-pass his exterior altogether. mags has some ridonkulous feats that suggest he could do so easily.

I'm 100% sure he could defend against it too, with prior knowledge.

But the robot is smarter than any human, you don't think he would have already calculated his enemies trying to use magnetism against him? He would have calculated and built in a defense in any number of his upgrades.

curryman

But the robot is smarter than any human, you don't think he would have already calculated his enemies trying to use magnetism against him? He would have calculated and built in a defense in any number of his upgrades.

By that logic he would've calculated in a defense against everything.

He didn't.

rotiart
Vision... The so called child of ultron....

Has molecular control to the point of being able to also increase and decrease his density...

And yet magneto has his number... I'd think the molecular rearrangement used by vision would be similar to ultron seeing as how ultron created vision...

Thus magneto should win

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ultron can definitely negate Magneto's mutant power but would he have that contingency in place without ever having fought Magneto before? It's entirely possible, recently we saw a future time-line where Ultron stomps like all the heavy hitters of Earth (Even Surfer) IIRC. If Magneto can affect him, Ultron loses, in a straight up fight a lot of incarnations would wreck Magnus. Ultron has consistently been a herald wrecker for a long time.

Odekahn
Originally posted by curryman
By that logic he would've calculated in a defense against everything.

He didn't.

Not true. He can't defend against plot devices. But he can certainly be assumed smart enough to defend from magnetism... you know, being made of metal and all.

curryman
Not true. He can't defend against plot devices. But he can certainly be assumed smart enough to defend from magnetism... you know, being made of metal and all.

Everything is magnetic.

Some things more than others.

This isn't 1964 where you can wrap yourself in rubber and beat Magneto.

There's a bit more depth to the character and his powers smile

Odekahn
Everything is magnetic.

Some things more than others.

This isn't 1964 where you can wrap yourself in rubber and beat Magneto.

There's a bit more depth to the character and his powers smile

I never claimed it wasn't. I just stated that Ultron is smart enough to have already upgraded himself to defend against it.

leonidas

oh sure, it's possible. i think that's what rage was alluding to as well. i just don't think in this battle we can ASSUME he would without ever seeing any indication of such. i'm not gonna fault anyone for claiming on faith that ultron would beat mags. (it's similar to the thor/ss vs dd thread where someone says ss could just shut off his evolving ability--though there is no proof he could resist that, i just think based on what he was and what he was intended to be, i see that effort failing, so i get why people wanna say ultron just because he's ultron). in a book, mags wouldn't be an issue as ultron would have been somehow ready for him. but in this forum match, there's no proof he could resist mags so for the purposes of this thread i'd say mags could take him--speculation aside. hypocritical? meh, maybe, but we think what we will...

curryman
I never claimed it wasn't. I just stated that Ultron is smart enough to have already upgraded himself to defend against it.

Proof?

Odekahn
Proof?

He's smarter than tony and he thought of it...

Branlor Swift
I'd go ahead and say that in a comic, Ultron would have a defense to Magneto if they were just randomly placed in the same room.

But without seeing it, I can't see Ultron beating him.

TheHulk
Originally posted by 753
magneto can most certainly fight hulk and thor and should beat classic savage hulk for a majority. Magneto fight,Hulk and Thor? laughing out loud what's next!? He can fight Silver Surfer to a standstill!? laughing

rolling on floor laughing

Odekahn
oh sure, it's possible. i think that's what rage was alluding to as well. i just don't think in this battle we can ASSUME he would without ever seeing any indication of such. i'm not gonna fault anyone for claiming on faith that ultron would beat mags. (it's similar to the thor/ss vs dd thread where someone says ss could just shut off his evolving ability--though there is no proof he could resist that, i just think based on what he was and what he was intended to be, i see that effort failing, so i get why people wanna say ultron just because he's ultron). in a book, mags wouldn't be an issue as ultron would have been somehow ready for him. but in this forum match, there's no proof he could resist mags so for the purposes of this thread i'd say mags could take him--speculation aside. hypocritical? meh, maybe, but we think what we will...

Ok that makes sense. I can see the reverse too, if Ultron were retarded and somehow didn't think to make his invulnerable metal body not affected by magnetism (in a world of mutants and people with super powers). In that case magneto can control the essence of what Ultron is. He would be a god to Ultron.

Bentley

Yeah, I think that both things together make an strong case for Mags until there is proof of the contrary.

Originally posted by TheHulk
Magneto fight,Hulk and Thor? laughing out loud what's next!? He can fight Silver Surfer to a standstill!? laughing

rolling on floor laughing you dont' know much about mags do you?

seen as the SS is a superior energy manipulator in every way, obviously he'd beat magneto at his own game. hulk wouldn't.

and as for thor, while mags wouldn't take a majority, he could certainly beat him 3-4/10.

TheHulk
Originally posted by 753
you dont' know much about mags do you?

seen as the SS is a superior energy manipulator in every way, obviously he'd beat magneto at his own game. hulk wouldn't.

and as for thor, while mags wouldn't take a majority, he could certainly beat him 3-4/10. Oh I know enough.

Lol I was joking around with the SS thing no

Lol if we are talking about,how many times one can get a win...than perps apps Mags will get a few....don't see how but agreed.

basilisk
Back in the day, like early classic Ultron, I would say Magneto would probably take a majority.

But Ultron is smarter than the likes of Magneto, Stark etc. and Stark and other guys have come up with methods of defending against Mags or sometimes defeating him. It wouldn't surprise me that Ultron has thought about how to counter a very well-known mutant who might one day be a threat to him.

And Ultron evolves. We saw a near-future scenario in Avengers where Ultron was taking a combined attack from Magneto, Silver Surfer, Quasar, Doom, Kang, Ms Marvel, Pulsar, and what looked like Thor and dozens of other heroes. Now I don't think he is currently anything like that evolved yet, but I do think Magneto might be in for a few surprises.

Odekahn
Originally posted by basilisk
Back in the day, like early classic Ultron, I would say Magneto would probably take a majority.

But Ultron is smarter than the likes of Magneto, Stark etc. and Stark and other guys have come up with methods of defending against Mags or sometimes defeating him. It wouldn't surprise me that Ultron has thought about how to counter a very well-known mutant who might one day be a threat to him.

And Ultron evolves. We saw a near-future scenario in Avengers where Ultron was taking a combined attack from Magneto, Silver Surfer, Quasar, Doom, Kang, Ms Marvel, Pulsar, and what looked like Thor and dozens of other heroes. Now I don't think he is currently anything like that evolved yet, but I do think Magneto might be in for a few surprises.

Current Ultron has taken over marvel earth. He had to plow through all the resident heralds to make that happen.

Branlor Swift
Current Ultron has taken over marvel earth. He had to plow through all the resident heralds to make that happen. that's some random irrelevant Bendis universe

Damborgson
Has Ultron ever shown anything to negate Magnetism? If so, he'll rip Mags apart. If not, Mags turns him inside out.

srankmissingnin
Magneto control's electromagnetism. Electromagnetism is what holds matter together. Magneto should be able to turn every character that has a physical body, regardless of their powers, into a ball of goo with as much effort as raising his eye brow.

Saddly none of the writers at marvel seem to understand what control over the em spectrum entails.

Damborgson
That type of power would skyrocket him out of the heroes' abilities to handle.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
that's some random irrelevant Bendis universe

It's current and it's canon.

Branlor Swift
It's current and it's canon. there's absolutely no way either of that is true.

I ****ing hope

srankmissingnin
there's absolutely no way either of that is true.

I ****ing hope

It's not. Everyone on this forum should know how time travel and alternate time lines work by now. Neither of the futures in Age of Ultron are the prime 616 time line. When the event is over and the heroes do whatever they end up doing to stop Ultron from destroying the world and enslaving humanity, that will be the prime 616 time line. 616 doesn't change, any thing that diverges from how it ends up is just that, a divergent time line with it's own number delegation.

Odekahn
?v=TO-yMyINOIk

It is true. It's part of Marvel Now canon.

srankmissingnin
?v=TO-yMyINOIk

It is true. It's part of Marvel Now canon.

Just like HoM, and AoA, and AoX, ECT ECT ECT. eek!

It's a "random irrelevant Bendis universe."

Odekahn
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Just like HoM, and AoA, and AoX, ECT ECT ECT. eek!

It's a "random irrelevant Bendis universe."

It doesn't matter that the good guys will win in the end, AoU is an event and its happening. Even going back in time and changing even doesn't take away from ultrons feat of taking over the world.

srankmissingnin
It doesn't matter that the good guys will win in the end, AoU is an event and its happening. Even going back in time and changing even doesn't take away from ultrons feat of taking over the world.

Only that it isn't 616 Ultron... because that's not how time travel works in Marvel.

Odekahn
Only that it isn't 616 Ultron... because that's not how time travel works in Marvel.

Then enlighten me.

future ultron comes from an alternate timeline that has diverged from the 616

Bentley
that's some random irrelevant Bendis universe

As per AoU, it was also a feat from a future Ultron we've never read about before.

A not-so-interesting future Ultron, since he took the time to went to an specific reality and still got pwned by time loops. He's like a newb version of Kang.

TheGodKiller
Magneto control's electromagnetism. Electromagnetism is what holds matter together. Magneto should be able to turn every character that has a physical body, regardless of their powers, into a ball of goo with as much effort as raising his eye brow.
What happens when said characters posses vast matter manipulation powers themselves? Possessing control over the electromagnetic force is quite cool from an rl perspective, but it's small fish when compared to the bigger/heavier/more-loaded powersets of higher level characters.

Odekahn
Originally posted by 753
future ultron comes from an alternate timeline that has diverged from the 616

He's in the future but he's attacking the present.

Bentley
He's in the future but he's attacking the present.

Which makes it a non-616 Ultron, just like Kang is not native from 616. This should be evident.

and more importantly, 616 will soon reboot back to the status quo and this current present will be earth whatever

Odekahn
Ok. but i still don't see how that takes away from ultrons feat.

pym-ftw
It's not 616 Ultron, but honestly the Phalanx saga has enough feats to justify Ultron being #1,2, or 3

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
What happens when said characters posses vast matter manipulation powers themselves? Possessing control over the electromagnetic force is quite cool from an rl perspective, but it's small fish when compared to the bigger/heavier/more-loaded powersets of higher level characters.

Matter doesn't exist without electromagnetism. Control over electro magentism should make Magneto a god. Short of omnipotence there isn't a bigger/heavier/more-loaded powerset. When Xaiver said that in theory Magneto was more powerful than the Phoenix force... he was right.

srankmissingnin
Then enlighten me.

I've already explained it to you... what's the problem here?

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
What happens when said characters posses vast matter manipulation powers themselves? Possessing control over the electromagnetic force is quite cool from an rl perspective, but it's small fish when compared to the bigger/heavier/more-loaded powersets of higher level characters. that simply pits magneto's power and will against theirs in a contest for control.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.