General Zod Vs Hulk (Movie versions)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
GZ from the Christopher Reeve movie. Vs Edward Norton's Hulk.

JakeTheBank
Banner kneels.

MF DELPH
Indeed.

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Banner kneels after his legs below the knee are ripped off

cdtm
"I told you this was a puny planet."

Silent Master
I don't recall any impressive strength feats for Zod.

CosmicComet
You don't need them, powerscale from Reeve's feats from the first movie. Think of Zod as maybe 80% as strong. Sounds like a fair ballpark.

Silent Master
Yes we do, as the Superman that Zod fought couldn't catch a slow moving bus and then spent around a minute being trapped before slowing being able to move it.

cdtm
Pretty much.

While there's certain to be variations in stats, it's a safe bet they only vary as much as, say, one Cheetah is faster than another Cheetah...

cdtm
Weren't there people on that bus?

He was being careful, for their sake.

CosmicComet
You want him to kill the passengers inside?

At worst, its just an absurdly bad low feat.

Everything that he did Superman 1 is still canon.

Silent Master
That is the strength level Superman showed in the movie and since that's the movie where he fought Zod, it's the one we have to use in order to determine Zod's strength.

CosmicComet
The events of the first movie still happened, so how could Superman have done them still in Superman 2 if he's only class 20 or so all of a sudden?

Some off-screen, unmentioned weakening plot between the events of superman 1 and 2?

Silent Master
You can call it a low showing all you want, however that is the Superman that Zod fought...therefore that is the Superman we use to determine Zod's strength.

CosmicComet
It's the same Superman that was stopping Earthquakes in the first movie.

Silent Master
Then Superman jobbed, Because Zod didn't show 1/100th that level of strength.

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The events of the first movie still happened, so how could Superman have done them still in Superman 2 if he's only class 20 or so all of a sudden?

Some off-screen, unmentioned weakening plot between the events of superman 1 and 2?

Than an unmentioned repowering, since Superman Returns is also the same Superman?

Zack Fair
facepalm

Silent Master
The Superman that Zod fought had trouble with a city bus, it being a low showing for Superman doesn't matter in regards to Zod's strength.

CosmicComet
It matters because just as in any intraspecific comparison, a kryptonian is not going to be a quadrillion times stronger than another kryptonian.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank Banner kneels.

do you think zods other powers will have an affect? flight, heat vision, cold breath, etc...

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Zack Fair
facepalm

what are you facepalming for?

Silent Master
It matters because just as in any intraspecific comparison, a kryptonian is not going to be a quadrillion times stronger than another kryptonian.

Superman had been absorbing energy since he was a baby, the others only started absorbing energy after they escaped from the Phantom Zone mirror.

cdtm
Superman was also strong enough to lift a car as a child in his first minute of sun exposure.

The concept of building up energy with longer exposure wasn't invented until the post crisis era.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Silent Master
Superman had been absorbing energy since he was a baby, the others only started absorbing energy after they escaped from the Phantom Zone mirror.

Even if that were the case, that's ~30 years vs say, 6 hours or so--seemed to be afternoon when they arrived and it was night when they finally fought superman.

Assuming the rate of absorption between kryptonians is fairly constant, that would only make Superman tens of thousands of times stronger.

That number isn't enough to explain the gap of mountain+ lifting all the way down to bus throwing.

Silent Master
Post Zod's strength feats.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Banner kneels. Zod kneels. Superman's movie feats are not even remotely as impressive as his comic feats, and Zod isn't as powerful as Superman. The movie version of the Hulk on the other hand was a lot closer to the comic. The Hulk will just keep getting stronger, while Zod will eventually tire out.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Zod kneels. Superman's movie feats are not even remotely as impressive as his comic feats, and Zod isn't as powerful as Superman. The movie version of the Hulk on the other hand was a lot closer to the comic. The Hulk will just keep getting stronger, while Zod will eventually tire out.

Superman had some insane feats.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Superman had some insane feats. Like what? Not being fast enough to catch two missiles? Or taking almost a minute to get out from under a bus?

cdtm
Like what? Not being fast enough to catch two missiles? Or taking almost a minute to get out from under a bus?

Being fast enough to reverse the Earths orbit and turn back time.

yavK0mnE3wI

DARTH POWER
Like what? Not being fast enough to catch two missiles?

Could Hulk even stop one missile?!

This is a retarded thread.. Zod was strong enough to take over the Earth within days of arriving here. Hulk from Norton's movie has zero feats, and struggles against a simple squad of soldiers.

Silent Master
Post some of Zod's strength feats.

DARTH POWER
Is being strong/powerful enough to have every army enough surrender to you not a feat??! Thats Way beyond anything we saw from Norton Hulk.

Silent Master
What did he lift in order to get them to surrender?

DARTH POWER
Well I admit that wasnt a lifting feat. That was just being completely indestructible against all Earthly weapons, while having the firepower from to destroy on a mass scale. And being able to fly fast enough to threaten any city on Earth.

Oh and grappled with the guy who moves the moon with ease.

Im sorry what exactly Norton Hulk's feats again which even come close to being able to dominate the whole Earth??!

Silent Master
I don't recall Zod flying that fast during the movie or his heat vision doing all that much damage. Also, what weapons was he hit with

BTW, the Superman that he grappled with is the same one that had trouble with a city bus.

cdtm
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Oh and grappled with the guy who moves the moon with ease.

This.

Silent Master
No he didn't, the Superman he grappled with was the one that had trouble with a city bus.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by cdtm
This.

I think it was Non who tangled with Superman.

h1a8
The movies 1 and 2 are canon. Whatever Superman did in 1 is what he can do in 2. Writers, just like in comics, have stupid moments too.

Zod was basically 100% immune to tank shells and aircraft fire. None of it could put a scratch on him. He thought the shot gun that shot him at point blank range was a crude noise maker for crying out loud. He didn't even feel the bullet whatsoever. Hulk (the stronger 1st movie version) would almost get killed by getting hit by a tank's shell.

Superman also punched Zod from under ground through the ground through the top portion of a skyscraper like those materials were made of tissue paper. That is way more than a 1,000 ton feat. The same Superman (Silent Master) wrestled with Zod (grappled up with him) and couldn't overpower him within the first few seconds. That means Zod is at least 80% of Superman's strength by portrayal.

No more lowballing ok.

Silent Master

Prep-Man
Hmm, I guess he didn't eat his wheaties that day.

cdtm
What's with the city bus?

He lifted heavier than that in the same movie without trouble, and the bus did have people in it..

Silent Master
Characters have low showings, it happens... and matching someone that's having a low showing isn't proof that you can match them at their best.

h1a8

Silent Master
What's with the city bus?

He lifted heavier than that in the same movie without trouble, and the bus did have people in it..

What did Zod lift during the movie?

cdtm
They have low showings, but the city bus thing is a bad example of one, on account of the passengers.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
You didn't read my entire post. I listed feats that both Zod and Superman did in the same movie that surpassed 1000 tons of force. Yet you are only focused on the lowest feats of the movie. This is bordering on trolling.

You didn't list any strength feats for Zod.

h1a8
You didn't list any strength feats for Zod. He prevented Superman from budging him when they grappled up in the streets. Superman couldn't overpowered him. Actually, Zod was capable of overpowering Superman and punching him (hurting him) and sending him flying through a truck.

Silent Master
So he was strong enough to overpower that version of Superman and yet was only able to knock Superman through a truck...doesn't sound like it took much strength to overpower that version of Superman.

h1a8
So he was strong enough to overpower that version of Superman and yet was only able to knock Superman through a truck...doesn't sound like it took much strength to overpower that version of Superman. Well in comics we have characters punch other characters with astronomical tons of force yet the attacked character doesn't budge or they just go flying a few feat back.

Again, Superman showed tremendous strength in the 2nd movie and got overpowered by Zod.

Silent Master
I don't care what strength feats Superman has, I want Zod's feats.

Please post the links so I can see just how impressive they really are.

h1a8
I don't care what strength feats Superman has, I want Zod's feats.

Please post the links so I can see just how impressive they really are. I gave you feats. He overpowered Superman's strength. Are you purposely trying to troll now?

Silent Master
I don't know that I trust your interpretation. The clips should be easy for you to find on youtube.

Silent Master
Come to think of it, Superman had his powers removed and then returned in part 2, so none of his feats pre-power removal count as there is no proof that he was at the same power level after getting them back.

h1a8
I don't know that I trust your interpretation. The clips should be easy for you to find on youtube.
Clip

look at 1:35 where Zod throws a 10 ton object (at least) with utmost ease (not one once of strain) several blocks away at Superman.

at 3:15 Superman hits Non (or Zod batting Non away in the other version) miles away through the tonnage of steel girders and breaks and falls.

look carefully at 6:25 (which happened immediately after Superman performed the multi-thousand ton feat). This at least shows Zod holding his own against the strength of Superman.

In the fortress of solitude Zod again holds his own against Superman for a moment.

Silent Master
I'll check them after I get home, can't check youtube while at work.

Thank you.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by h1a8 Clip look at 1:35 where Zod throws a 10 ton object (at least) with utmost ease (not one once of strain) several blocks away at Superman. at 3:15 Superman hits Non (or Zod batting Non away in the other version) miles away through the tonnage of steel girders and breaks and falls. look carefully at 6:25 (which happened immediately after Superman performed the multi-thousand ton feat). This at least shows Zod holding his own against the strength of Superman. In the fortress of solitude Zod again holds his own against Superman for a moment.

nice.

Brockalizer
I gave you feats. He overpowered Superman's strength. Are you purposely trying to troll now? Zod briefly overpowering Superman isn't very impressive when the odds are 3 on 1. Movie Zod is a pussy compared to comic book Zod. If this were comic book Zod vs almost ANY Hulk, then I'd take Zod in a heart beat, but it isn't. It's obvious that the movie versions of both characters are incredibly strong. However, due to the nearly thirty years between the two movies, the combination of CGI and an audience that has grown increasingly harder to impress, the "Super Hero" movie is forever changed. And because of that the portrayal of the characters has been changed. This is almost like trying to pick between Werewolf (Lon Chaney Jr) vs Vampire (Wesley Snipes). There is one thing that we can gain from the two movies that is irrefutable. Both are super strong, but Hulk will keep getting stronger, Zod wont. Add that to Zod not having any backup like he did in his movie, I give this to Hulk.

h1a8
Zod briefly overpowering Superman isn't very impressive when the odds are 3 on 1. Movie Zod is a pussy compared to comic book Zod. If this were comic book Zod vs almost ANY Hulk, then I'd take Zod in a heart beat, but it isn't. It's obvious that the movie versions of both characters are incredibly strong. However, due to the nearly thirty years between the two movies, the combination of CGI and an audience that has grown increasingly harder to impress, the "Super Hero" movie is forever changed. And because of that the portrayal of the characters has been changed. This is almost like trying to pick between Werewolf (Lon Chaney Jr) vs Vampire (Wesley Snipes). There is one thing that we can gain from the two movies that is irrefutable. Both are super strong, but Hulk will keep getting stronger, Zod wont. Add that to Zod not having any backup like he did in his movie, I give this to Hulk.

What are you talking about? It is clear you didn't see the movie let alone the clip I posted. The feats I showed were 1 on 1 Superman tussling with Zod alone. Zod proved that he is at least as strong as Superman. The same Superman that had a mult-thousand ton feat right before the tussle.

Norton's Hulk is the weakest being of all of movies. Not only was he incredible weak but he didn't'get much stronger as he got madder (he gained a slight amount of strength after 50 years of fighting). Hulk didn't have a healing factor either. He got struck by lightning and it didn't heal at all. The damage just stayed there for the longest time.
Abom started stronger than Hulk and couldn't even break a metal chain that Hulk was strangling him with. Movie Zod would snap that chain like it was tissue paper. Both Hulk and Abom seemed like 10 tonners the whole movie. Not once I was convinced that Hulk was a 100 tonner in the whole movie. Bana Hulk is way more powerful than Norton Hulk and would have made for a better fight.

Transmaniacon
superman spent most his life under a yellow sun, zod spent two days or so. I would say that zod would probably lose as hulk would scare the crap out of him, picture yourself as movie zod, and you see some guy falling from the sky and hitting the street. followed by a big crack boom, followed by a monstrous roar, Zod would probably think to himself WTF WAS THAT??BLAH BLAH BLAH....... HULK SMASH hulk wins

cdtm
The duration of solar energy didn't matter in the pre crisis. They immediately gained full power under a yellow sun, or immediately lost it under a red sun.

There's no reason to think a concept that was invented in the post crisis era would have been thought of for the movie.

Cogito
Anyone pretending any movie Hulk would last two seconds against Zod is either woefully ignorant, trolling, or both.

That is all.

Transmaniacon
Movie hulk beats movie Zod

Cogito
Yeah, I got that from your other post. You're a delusional, ignorant fanboy.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Cogito
Anyone pretending any movie Hulk would last two seconds against Zod is either woefully ignorant, trolling, or both.

That is all.

heh heh. pretty much.

Mshinu
This weak Hulkie Boy gets ripped to pieces by Zod.

DARTH POWER
I don't recall Zod flying that fast during the movie or his heat vision doing all that much damage.

He flew from the moon to Earth, from Metropolis to the North Pole within hours at the very most. It would have to be super sonic speed at the very least.

And What are you saying regarding his indestructability and firepower? That all the World's military just got scared and surrendered to him for no reason??!

The US President says in that movie, "Its no use. These people are so powerful NOTHING can stop them" (except Superman who he later cryed out for help to)

BTW, the Superman that he grappled with is the same one that had trouble with a city bus.

The Bus was thrown by 2 Kryptonians. Just more proof these Kryptonians were all at least 70% of Supes in strength.

Yes thats a PIS reason for him to have trouble with it. But we're not talking about the quality of the script here, and that was the reason.

DARTH POWER
Movie Zod is a pussy compared to comic book Zod.

And Norton's Hulk is a Total Pussy compared to Movie Zod.

Silent Master
My flash player isn't letting me view youtube here either(keep getting an error), so I'll just take people's word for it. That said, it taking two Kryptonians to throw a bus(which didn't move very fast or far) isn't impressing me in regards to their strength.

DARTH POWER
That said, it taking two Kryptonians to throw a bus(which didn't move very fast or far) isn't impressing me in regards to their strength.

There was nothing suggesting they needed both Kryptonians to lift the Bus.. Both of them threw it at Supes just to get double power into the throw (Superman had already proven he was more powerful than any one of the Kryptonians individually)..

As for the speed of the bus, it was just limited to the special effects of the day and getting the film made within a certain budget (back in the early 80's). Of course it would look different if remade today.

Brockalizer

The Bus was thrown by 2 Kryptonians. Just more proof these Kryptonians were all at least 70% of Supes in strength.
Two Kryptonians or not Superman is highly durrable. To him getting hit with the bus should feel the same as you or I getting hit with a pillow.

Silent Master
There was nothing suggesting they needed both Kryptonians to lift the Bus.. Both of them threw it at Supes just to get double power into the throw (Superman had already proven he was more powerful than any one of the Kryptonians individually)..

As for the speed of the bus, it was just limited to the special effects of the day and getting the film made within a certain budget (back in the early 80's). Of course it would look different if remade today.

Limited special effects or not, that is how fast the bus was shown, therefore that it how fast they threw it. which means it taking two Kryptonians makes their strength seem less than impressive.

h1a8
Limited special effects or not, that is how fast the bus was shown, therefore that it how fast they threw it. which means it taking two Kryptonians makes their strength seem less than impressive. laughing

I guess Superman punching Non many miles away with swinging his fists with only human speed means that Superman isn't really strong either. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It was clear that the makers of the film wasn't using real physics in ANY way. They were more focused on the story. Superman got koed by a gas station in comics (after surviving Nuclear blasts before that incident).

Lastly, Zod is magnitudes more durable than anything the class 10 Norton's Hulk could diss out. I mean no military weapon could do anything to him but make noise. He couldn't even feel the weapons for crying out loud. The tank shells, aircraft bombs and artillery shells either bounced off him with ease or they disintegrated to dust when striking him. A more powerful Hulk (the first movie) almost got killed by getting struck with a tank's shell. Luckily he used the hatch door as a shield to blunt most of the blow of the shell. Norton's Hulk which is weaker, got ripped up by a lightning strike and wasn't able to heal. Norton's Hulk didn't even have much of a healing factor (if any).

Sundipped
Just wanted to point out that the bus incident was PIS. Supes wanted to give Zod and crew the impression that he was defeated for the sake of not harming the innocent people. The whole time Supes was fighting, he had to look out for the people at the same time.

What better way to defeat this team than to get out of the city and let Luthor lead them to the FOS where he had some key tricks up his sleeve.

Silent Master
laughing

I guess Superman punching Non many miles away with swinging his fists with only human speed means that Superman isn't really strong either. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It was clear that the makers of the film wasn't using real physics in ANY way. They were more focused on the story. Superman got koed by a gas station in comics (after surviving Nuclear blasts before that incident).

Lastly, Zod is magnitudes more durable than anything the class 10 Norton's Hulk could diss out. I mean no military weapon could do anything to him but make noise. He couldn't even feel the weapons for crying out loud. The tank shells, aircraft bombs and artillery shells either bounced off him with ease or they disintegrated to dust when striking him. A more powerful Hulk (the first movie) almost got killed by getting struck with a tank's shell. Luckily he used the hatch door as a shield to blunt most of the blow of the shell. Norton's Hulk which is weaker, got ripped up by a lightning strike and wasn't able to heal. Norton's Hulk didn't even have much of a healing factor (if any).

Laugh all you want, we know how much a bus weighs and we can see how fast it was thrown, that it took two Kryptonians says a lot about their stregnth level.

theICONiac
Zod picked up that astronaut on the moon and kicked him like he was nothing.

Cogito
Laugh all you want, we know how much a bus weighs and we can see how fast it was thrown, that it took two Kryptonians says a lot about their stregnth level.

You can rip 80's filmmaking all you want, but you've yet to mention how Hulk's incredibly low movie feats will hurt Zod.

Silent Master
I never said Hulk would win, I'm just pointing out that people are over-rating Zod's strength.

cdtm
I never said Hulk would win, I'm just pointing out that people are over-rating Zod's strength.

So we're all agreeing Zod wins.

Moving on. smile

Silent Master
Might take a long time as Zod had zero HTH skill.

Cogito
and Banner was a martial arts expert?

Silent Master
Compared to Zod, he might as well be Bruce Lee.

The fight choreography in that movie was actually painful to watch, I've seen 10 year olds that showed more skill.

Cogito
Ah, so now it's the choreographer's fault. Got it. sneer

DARTH POWER
Two Kryptonians or not Superman is highly durrable. To him getting hit with the bus should feel the same as you or I getting hit with a pillow.

Ah you see your saying what "should" happen, and that doesnt mean much in superhero movies.

The Earth "should" go flying out of orbit if you spin it back on its axis, but it didn't in Superman 1. It wasnt the bus that knocked him out, it was the 2 kryptonians. Assuming he was knocked out, and not just playing possum as someone else noted.

DARTH POWER

How so??

Your just assuming he cant lift something like a mountian, or push the moon, because we didnt see him do it.

Did it ever occur to you he never lifted a mountain, or push a moon, because he had no reason to?? Although he did grapple with the guy who can do those things with ease.

Did you ever see him struggle strength wise?? (apart from against Supes)..

Do you also think we are overrating his durability and power??

If so did you miss the parts where no weapon of the military, could hurt him, or even annoy him?? The part where he's easily flying around the Earth within hours. The part where simple blasts of his eye beams are easily destroying military crafts. The part where he simply blows and creates hurricane type winds??

Or the part pivotal to the movie where all the Earth's Leaders surrender to him???

Silent Master
Ah, so now it's the choreographer's fault. Got it. sneer

If not what the movie shows us, what would you have us base his skill on?

Prep-Man
and Banner was a martial arts expert?

He was an expert in Hulk Smash. Highly realistic in the real world.

Cogito
If not what the movie shows us, what would you have us base his skill on?

Logic.

Brockalizer
Logic. Don't you mean circular logic? It was never stated in the movie that Superman was "playing possum" to protect the people on the bus, but because it makes Superman look weaker people are assuming that he was. He's couldn't dodge the bus or manhole covering being thrown at him at glacier like speed, but the special fx departments fault. Superman's movie feats were much more impressive than any of the feats performed by the Kryptonians, but because they come from the same place they MUST be just as powerful even though they clearly aren't. Their combat skills in the movie were piss poor, but we should assume that they are on par. In the movie the full might of the worlds military was never unleashed on the Kryptonians, but because a spineless politician says "it's useless", we should assume that he is right.

cdtm
We don't really know how fast the manhole cover and the like was moving, though. Even when Zod and his crew flew to Supermans fortress, it didn't look like they were traveling very fast, but they must have been.

Plus, in comics it happens all the time that from a speedsters perspective against each other, they're going at normal speeds.. It's everyone else that sees them going in fast motion, so we can rationalize that we were seeing the speed of things from their perspective, e.g. slow to us but really fast to the man on the street..

Zack Fair
People forget the movies are 30+ years old.

Sundipped
We don't really know how fast the manhole cover and the like was moving, though. Even when Zod and his crew flew to Supermans fortress, it didn't look like they were traveling very fast, but they must have been.

It wasn't that fast. At least not to the point where it would be intolerable for a human because they had Lois and Luthor with them.

Cogito
Don't you mean circular logic? It was never stated in the movie that Superman was "playing possum" to protect the people on the bus, but because it makes Superman look weaker people are assuming that he was. He's couldn't dodge the bus or manhole covering being thrown at him at glacier like speed, but the special fx departments fault. Superman's movie feats were much more impressive than any of the feats performed by the Kryptonians, but because they come from the same place they MUST be just as powerful even though they clearly aren't. Their combat skills in the movie were piss poor, but we should assume that they are on par. In the movie the full might of the worlds military was never unleashed on the Kryptonians, but because a spineless politician says "it's useless", we should assume that he is right.

The movies are old. Special effects weren't what they are now. Do you honestly expect us to believe they have the skills and reaction times of a child with downs syndrome?

Apply some logic and figure it out.

h1a8
It's a movie for crying out loud. A gentle push at slow human speed can send a man flying blocks away or a human speed punch that can send Non many miles away through tonnage of metal. That proves we shouldn't judge power by the speed in which the movie watcher is seeing things.

Also the fact that Zod couldn't EVEN FEEL the artillery tank shells or the aircraft bombs proves that it was useless. How do you go from not feeling a thing to becoming defeated if the world's military decided to give it their all?

Also, according to the movie the time spend on Earth is irrelevant to how powerful a kryptonian can get. Kal as a baby automatically had super strength and lifted a freaking car while smiling. The movie actually explain that the CLOSER they get to an atmosphere with only 1 yellow sun then the denser their molecular structure gets, giving them powers. Zod himself knocked Superman many miles away through the freaking statue of liberty. This is far more than a 10 ton feat. Hulk only showed 10 ton strength at best with a very slow ability to gain a little amount of extra strength with basically no healing factor. Also we have Non catch one of the tank's shells with utmost ease proving that their reflexes and speed is nothing to mess around with.

Silent Master
"Bad special effects" isn't a valid excuse, the feats are taken as they are shown in the movie.

Logic.

Logic states that he's only as skilled or strong as his feats show.

Cogito

When you apply context to logic, it says the opposite.

Silent Master
The movie clearly shows his skill level.

Cogito
Then you clearly don't understand context.

Silent Master
I understand that the movie showed us his skill level.

Cogito
Then you clearly don't understand context.

Silent Master
I understand the context just fine, you want him to be more skilled than his feats show him to be.

cdtm
So, does Thanos have any lifting feats?

How is this line of reasoning different than claiming whenever Thanos overmatches a brick, he's overmatching a poorly written version of that brick?

I don't think Warrior Madness Thor with the Power Gem had any lifting feats either.

Cogito
I understand the context just fine, you want him to be more skilled than his feats show him to be.

No, you don't understand context.

You don't understand technological limitations.
You don't understand the limits of actors.
You don't understand powerscaling.
You don't understand intent.

Do you honestly believe that General Zod, who is meant to be a serious threat to Superman, would be as skilled as a parapalegic because that's what you think you saw?

CosmicComet
Actually, Superman in that movie had no notable skill whatsoever.

Remember the random dude in the coffee shop that wrecked him when he was depowered? that dude wasn't all that big or strong looking either.

Cogito
I don't recall Clark fighting back.

Silent Master
No, you don't understand context.

You don't understand technological limitations.
You don't understand the limits of actors.
You don't understand powerscaling.
You don't understand intent.

Do you honestly believe that General Zod, who is meant to be a serious threat to Superman, would be as skilled as a parapalegic because that's what you think you saw?

The only thing that matters is what the movie actually shows, and what it shows is that Zod has zero fighting skills.

Prep-Man
Eh, I'll still go with Zod overall.

DARTH POWER

Thats the worst logic ever.. So if he doesn't lift a mountain or push the moon your great "logic" tells you he cant?? Even though he had no reason to do such things?? Logic failed.

gogogadgetgo
Actually, Superman in that movie had no notable skill whatsoever.

Remember the random dude in the coffee shop that wrecked him when he was depowered? that dude wasn't all that big or strong looking either.

speaking of de-powred, am i the only one who thinks that superman wasn't back to his super self when he fought Zod? sure he got his powers back, but imo, not at the level they originally were.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
speaking of de-powred, am i the only one who thinks that superman wasn't back to his super self when he fought Zod? sure he got his powers back, but imo, not at the level they originally were.

There was nothing to suggest this in the movie.

Silent Master
Thats the worst logic ever.. So if he doesn't lift a mountain or push the moon your great "logic" tells you he cant?? Even though he had no reason to do such things?? Logic failed.

This just in, Movie Hulk is strong enough to destroy the moon with a punch and fast enough to hit lightspeed.

He just never had a reason to in the movie.

h1a8
This just in, Movie Hulk is strong enough to destroy the moon with a punch and fast enough to hit lightspeed.

He just never had a reason to in the movie.

There are two parts of his argument that made his point (not one). His point was

If there is GOOD reason that a character can do something yet they haven't shown it then it is bad logic to assume that they can't do it.
Based off the other movies we know how strong and how fast Superman (a kryptonian) can be. Thus it is logical to assume Zod or any other kryptonian can at least perform somewhere in the vicinity as Superman (just based off the strong argument of canonicity). Even in the same movie, Superman has shown great strength which contradicts anything you are arguing. Zod held his own against this same Superman.

Lastly,
There is NO GOOD reason why movie Hulk can possibly destroy the moon with a punch and be fast enough to hit lightspeed. He nor his adversary had any feats to contradict that fact. If so, then we shouldn't assume that he can't do such things solely based off the fact that they were not shown.

Silent Master
Movie and comic Zod aren't the same person, as such there isn't a good reason to assume that movie Zod is more skilled than he was shown to be in the movie.

h1a8
Movie and comic Zod aren't the same person, as such there isn't a good reason to assume that movie Zod is more skilled than he was shown to be in the movie.

Huh? confused

Not only is comic Zod irrelevant but who even implied (or merely thought) about comic Zod? And skill has nothing to do with winning in this fight. Hulk can't even hurt Zod with the strength Hulk has shown.

Silent Master
Huh? confused

Not only is comic Zod irrelevant but who even implied (or merely thought) about comic Zod? And skill has nothing to do with winning in this fight. Hulk can't even hurt Zod with the strength Hulk has shown.

Someone finally gets it, Movie Zod only gets credit for the feats done by movie Zod..As such his HTH skill is almost nonexistent.

h1a8
Someone finally gets it, Movie Zod only gets credit for the feats done by movie Zod..As such his HTH skill is almost nonexistent.

He did have some skill now. He knew to hit Superman down low when they tussled. That takes experience.

With that said, I agree with you. It's just it's irrelevant when someone can't hurt you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.