Who could beat Sue Storm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Basically, you need to be a speedster or be able to operate without a head or organs, right?

Lets go through a list, and assume Sue Storm goes for lethal force immediately:

Magneto
Thing
Iron Man
Thor
World War Hulk
Hal Jordan (Aura up)
Wolverine
Despero
Batman
Nova Prime

How could they beat a bloodlusted Sue, or even survive long enough to take action?

And again, this time with her shields up before the fight starts:

Magneto
Thing
Iron Man
Thor
World War Hulk
Hal Jordan (Aura up)
Wolverine
Despero
Batman
Nova Prime

zopzop
Magneto (don't know)
Thing (dies)
Iron Man (dies)
Thor (dies)
World War Hulk (survives)
Hal Jordan (Aura up) (don't know)
Wolverine (survives)
Despero (don't know)
Batman (dies)
Nova Prime (don't know)

The "don't knows" are there because I don't know if they can block her power with their own force fields.

Bouboumaster
Those who would win:
Hulk destroy her. He completly vaporize her.
Hal Jordan stomp her big time.
Nova stomp her.
Despero stomp her.
Thor stomp her.

... and Wolverine survive! But it's a statlemate, because there's no way he come close.

h1a8
Originally posted by cdtm
Basically, you need to be a speedster or be able to operate without a head or organs, right?

Lets go through a list, and assume Sue Storm goes for lethal force immediately:
Standard battle distance is .5km.

Magneto (loses)
Thing (loses)
Iron Man (loses mostly because of CIS for him)
Thor (loses because of CIS for him)
World War Hulk (loses)
Hal Jordan (Aura up) (I don't think she can affect inside his aura so he wins)
Wolverine (loses)
Despero (he may win if he can shut her mind down before she succeed with an attack)
Batman (loses)
Nova Prime (loses due to CIS for him)

the Darkone
Originally posted by h1a8
Standard battle distance is .5km.

Magneto (loses)
Thing (loses)
Iron Man (loses mostly because of CIS for him)
Thor (loses because of CIS for him)
World War Hulk (loses)
Hal Jordan (Aura up) (I don't think she can affect inside his aura so he wins)
Wolverine (loses)
Despero (he may win if he can shut her mind down before she succeed with an attack)
Batman (loses)
Nova Prime (loses due to CIS for him)

Once again, H1 you don't know sh**!

Thor stomp her
WW Hulk Stomp her
Despero stomps her
Hal Stomps her
Nova stomps her

Sin I AM
lol at thor losing to sue

cdtm
How could Thor stop Sue from making a bubble in his brain, especially in the scenario when her shields are up?

nimbus006
How could Thor stop Sue from making a bubble in his brain, especially in the scenario when her shields are up?

Simply put, because he's a f*cking Asgardian!

How does he tank shots from Hulk, Kurse, Mangog, Thanos etc...?

Because things that affect humans/metas don't affect him.

cdtm
So Thor's more durable than Galactus? She once impaled him through his armor.

dmills
In the first scenario without heavy pis a bubble/spike brain would kill all of the bricks, including Thor and Wolverine. Hal and Tony (not sure about despero) may be fast enough to get to her before she gets them. Mags and Nova are unknowns. Bats dies.

Second scenario is the same as the first.

bbrem123
Originally posted by the Darkone
Once again, H1 you don't know sh**!

Thor stomp her
WW Hulk Stomp her
Despero stomps her
Hal Stomps her
Nova stomps her

this

nimbus006

For the most part, I tend resort to logical reasoning for most of my arguments.

However, in this particular case my reponse without rational explanation is the following:

Thor ISN'T losing to Sue Storm...EVER...NEVER EVER! smile

nimbus006

No...

Superman operates with a head and organs and Sue Storm is not doing anything to him...EVER.

There are some characters who are just resistent to her attacks.

IMO, Thor is one of them.

dmills
I need some major evidence that would suggest that Thor's brain wouldn't be squeezed from the inside VIA brain bubble or punctured with an invisible spike.

zopzop
Originally posted by nimbus006

There are some characters who are just resistent to her attacks.

IMO, Thor is one of them.

Beg to differ. If she did this to Galactus, imagine what she'd do to Thor.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3853/840871-invisiblewoman7_super.jpg

nimbus006
Originally posted by zopzop
Beg to differ. If she did this to Galactus, imagine what she'd do to Thor.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3853/840871-invisiblewoman7_super.jpg

What did she do here? Nothing really. confused

He even says she didn't do anything to him, and pretty much laughed her off. Then proceeded to "turn her o"wn forcefield on her" and "violate her on every level of reality" laughing out loud

Thor has done worst to Galactus.

zopzop
What did she do here? Nothing really. confused

He even says she didn't do anything to him, and pretty much laughed her off. Then proceeded to "turn her o"wn forcefield on her" and "violate her on every level of reality" laughing out loud

Thor has done worst to Galactus.

Way to miss a point. She punched a hole through his M-body imagine what would happen if she created a bubble inside Thor's head and then expanded it?

nimbus006
Originally posted by dmills
I need some major evidence that would suggest that Thor's brain wouldn't be squeezed from the inside VIA brain bubble or punctured with an invisible spike.

How about the fact that he can resist pressures (such as the gravity of a star or blackhole) much greater than anything Sue can do to his brain? Plus, Thor has shown resistence to TP before which is not exactly the same, but doesn't hurt my argument.

zopzop
How about the fact that he can resist pressures (such as the gravity of a star or blackhole) much greater than anything Sue can do to his brain? Plus, Thor has shown resistence to TP before which is not exactly the same, but doesn't hurt my argument.

http://www.chimpout.com/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

nimbus006
Way to miss a point. She punched a hole through his M-body imagine what would happen if she created a bubble inside Thor's head and then expanded it?

I didn't miss the point. You failed to prove one.

Thor has punctured the body of a celestial.

That doesn't necessarily mean he is above the likes of Surfer, Superman, Thanos etc...

It's a high showing, nothing more.

nimbus006
http://www.chimpout.com/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

Pat your head all you want.

The Forum topic is Who could beat Sue Storm?

My answer is Thor can.

I'm sure much of the rest of the forum would agree.

nimbus006

Of course not, but he doesn't need to be to beat Sue F'ing Storm.

Sue Storm never beat Galactus. Therefore, your question is irrelevant.

I hate to sound like a Sue hater. I'm really not, at all, but she's just not on Thor's level.

dmills

And he's also been harmed by much less. No one is saying Sue is more powerful or whatever, Sue just has a weird powerset that allows for an exemption.

nimbus006
And he's also been harmed by much less. No one is saying Sue is more powerful or whatever, Sue just has a weird powerset that allows for an exemption.

I'm not saying Sue can't harm Thor. I'm sure she can put a dent or two in him.

What I am saying is she can't beat him.

I believe Thor is resistent enough to her attacks that he can withstand them long enough to overcome her.

Sin I AM
anyone have a link to the galan incident

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
anyone have a link to the galan incident

Where she punched a hole right through Galactus? It's on the first page stick out tongue

dmills

I believe Thor is resistent enough to her attacks that he can withstand them long enough to overcome her.

But we're talking about a bloodlusted person that can manifest invisible spikes inside of a persons brain and lungs if she so desired. She has cheat powers not unlike Blink or Quake. Blink (exiles) without pis/cis could teleport peoples heads off, Quake can make hearts explode etc. It's not about tiers at that point but about powerset.

nimbus006
But we're talking about a bloodlusted person that can manifest invisible spikes inside of a persons brain and lungs if she so desired. She has cheat powers not unlike Blink or Quake. Blink (exiles) without pis/cis could teleport peoples heads off, Quake can make hearts explode etc. It's not about tiers at that point but about powerset.

I thought tiers were based on powerset, among other things. confused

Anyway...

So in your opinion, a bloodlusted Sue Storm can beat Thor?

dmills
I thought tiers were based on powerset, among other things. confused

Anyway...

So in your opinion, a bloodlusted Sue Storm can beat Thor?

Some lower tiered characters have unique abilities that allow for them to swing much higher then their weight class under the right conditions. Iceman, Rogue, Exiles Blink, Sue etc. Digi mentioned this a while back.

Unless I see some evidence (and I mean more then just some psychobabble about asgardian physiology) that suggests that Thor's internal organs are not vulnerable to Sue's attacks, I'm going to have to say yes. This is a bloodlusted Sue, she's going to use her deadliest attacks to put him down.

On the other hand, if Thor knows that she is going for the kill then obviously that changes things up a little -yes, I'm leaving myself an out stick out tongue

h1a8

Thor can't see the invisible, especially with Sue flying around very fast while invisible with her shield on.

A bubble in Thor's heart or brain should do the trick. Or a spike.

Lastly, levels and tiers has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with who would win a CIS off fight. Matches are sometimes like rock paper scissors. Character X can beat Y and Y and beat Z but Z can beat X. Thor can beat beings that CIS off Sue can't yet the same Sue can beat Thor.

Debating is a thinking man's game. Just saying since X is more powerful (or is in a higher level) then X always wins is not only lazy but shows bad logic.

Bentley
Thor can't beat Sue unless he beats her before an invisible spike goes through his head, she's strong enough to destroy or incapacitate Thor from the insides. Hulk could probably resist her and beat her though.

dmills
Originally posted by Bentley
Thor can't beat Sue unless he beats her before an invisible spike goes through his head, she's strong enough to destroy or incapacitate Thor from the insides. Hulk could probably resist her and beat her though.

Imo the Hulk would go down even easier then Thor. I have a scan of antman entering his ear canal and spraying Adamantium shrapnel in his ear drum which aided in putting him down. I don't even want to imagine what Sue would be able to do to him with her constructs.

I know banner has the healing factor working for him, but I'd like to see him heal from having his brain ground up into hamburger meat.

cdtm
Imo the Hulk would go down even easier then Thor. I have a scan of antman entering his ear canal and spraying Adamantium shrapnel in his ear drum which aided in putting him down. I don't even want to imagine what Sue would be able to do to him with her constructs.

I know banner has the healing factor working for him, but I'd like to see him heal from having his brain ground up into hamburger meat.

One thing I've always wondered about Hulk, and healing factors in general:

Wouldn't just burying something in their brain and keeping it there incapacitate them indefinitely, like what happened to Claire in Heroes?

the Darkone
Thor can't see the invisible, especially with Sue flying around very fast while invisible with her shield on.

A bubble in Thor's heart or brain should do the trick. Or a spike.

Lastly, levels and tiers has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with who would win a CIS off fight. Matches are sometimes like rock paper scissors. Character X can beat Y and Y and beat Z but Z can beat X. Thor can beat beings that CIS off Sue can't yet the same Sue can beat Thor.

Debating is a thinking man's game. Just saying since X is more powerful (or is in a higher level) then X always wins is not only lazy but shows bad logic.

What the f**k? Thor can see intangible objects or beings that are invisible, that's one of the hammer many powers and Thor's, CIS off Thor obliterates Sue! H! shut you still don't jknow what the hell you are talking about, once again.

cdtm
What the f**k? Thor can see intangible objects or beings that are invisible, that's one of the hammer many powers and Thor's, CIS off Thor obliterates Sue! H! shut you still don't jknow what the hell you are talking about, once again.

When did the hammer let him see invisible beings? I've seen one scan of him being attacked by invisible demons or wraiths or something, and he reacted to it with an area lightning attack, but he still wasn't able to notice them until after they struck.

I can believe the hammer does have the power to reveal invisible beings, but not actively.. He'd need to know in advance there are invisible beings in the area, and invoke the hammers powers.

zopzop

Even if he could see invisible beings, no proof yet, she can make his optic nerves invisible. Now he's completely blind.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7778/unledscanned15.th.jpghttp://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9691/unledscanned16.th.jpg

Then create an invisible construct inside his body, let's say his head, and rapidly expand it. This would be the result :
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8025/deaddayspg14.th.jpg

nimbus006

I never said anything about Thor beating her because he's in a higher tier. I don't give much attention to "tiers" that someone on KMC created. In fact, the first time I mentioned the word tiers was in my last post cuz mills brought it up.

nimbus006
On the other hand, if Thor knows that she is going for the kill then obviously that changes things up a little -yes, I'm leaving myself an out stick out tongue

Yea, because if he knows it's end game for Sue. stick out tongue

h1a8
I never said anything about Thor beating her because he's in a higher tier. I don't give much attention to "tiers" that someone on KMC created. In fact, the first time I mentioned the word tiers was in my last post cuz mills brought it up. I'm sorry I was trying to quote someone else. Disregard my post to you.

h1a8
Yea, because if he knows it's end game for Sue. stick out tongue

Let's say he does know (even though he doesn't in this thread). Then hypothetical how can Thor win
1. when in comics his enemy tried to kill him also and Thor still acted the same.

2. if Thor doesn't act in character (CIS is off for him too).

CosmicComet
CIS off, Thor as slow as he is for a herald, is still fast enough to easily blitz her human level reaction time.

Bentley

Sue is good, but her shields aren't adamantium, she would spend her energy fighting Hulk's healing factor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mjolnir one shot kills her at far faster than light speeds killing her before she can act. That's assuming her attacks can even put Thor down.

Also:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatFF42.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatFF43.jpg

Thor was holding back by the way. Fighting the mind control and all.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Mjolnir one shot kills her at far faster than light speeds killing her before she can act. That's assuming her attacks can even put Thor down.

Also:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatFF42.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatFF43.jpg

Thor was holding back by the way. Fighting the mind control and all.

Those scans seem oldish Rage and Thor screaming "die" was him holding back?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Those scans seem oldish Rage and Thor screaming "die" was him holding back?

So? Besides, even in modern continuity, Asgardian power > Fantastic Four:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/KillsThing.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/KillsThing2.jpg

The Puppet Master had him under his spell but Thor was fighting the control as the Thing pointed out:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsTheThing4-1.jpg

dmills
Just took a fresh look at the stips. She's the only one bloodlusted here and no mention is made about cis being on or off so yeah, she kills or mortally wounds most of these cats. I've seen nothing from any of them to suggest they'd withstand what she could do internally. Mags, Hal and Nova could possible cancel out her constructs with their shields, but who knows.

The chick stands a good chance of clearing if all of her opponents aren't out for blood as well or at least in the know that she's rabid.

h1a8
Originally posted by CosmicComet
CIS off, Thor as slow as he is for a herald, is still fast enough to easily blitz her human level reaction time.

He wouldn't be able to find her, especially before she kills him.

TheLordofMurder
To those that think Sue could kill Thor...

You guys are under the assumption that real world laws pertaining to the weaknesses of a beings internal organs apply here...they dont.

Thor has withstood Neutron Star levels of gravitational force which would simutaneously affect every single cell, organ, tissue in your body...and it didnt kill him...he withstood it and kept going.

If Thor can withstand the force of a Neutron Star, then he's withstanding Sue's deadly tactics...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

You guys are under the assumption that real world laws pertaining to the weaknesses of a beings internal organs apply here...they dont.

Thor has withstood Neutron Star levels of gravitational force which would simutaneously affect every single cell, organ, tissue in your body...and it didnt kill him...he withstood it and kept going.

If Thor can withstand the force of a Neutron Star, then he's withstanding Sue's deadly tactics...

What's that have to do with her creating a sphere in his head then rapidly expanding it, causing his head to explode? I would think that Thor wouldn't function the same sans head.

dmills

And he's also been taken out by much less, so do we ignore that in favor of the "neutron star" feat?

TheLordofMurder
What's that have to do with her creating a sphere in his head then rapidly expanding it, causing his head to explode? I would think that Thor wouldn't function the same sans head.

I believe the durability of his skull, organs, ect would not fail to Sues power; she'd attempt to destroy his brain and crack his skull, but it wouldnt work...

Yes, it makes no sense, but its comics...

Characters like Thor, Superman, and Thanos can withstand/survive attacks that they really shouldnt be able to just because they can...

Thor is a high powered Asgardian God; thats explanation enough (in the comicbook world) as to why she wouldnt be able to beat him in this fashion...

TheLordofMurder
And he's also been taken out by much less, so do we ignore that in favor of the "neutron star" feat?

Sure, Thors been hurt and injuried by less, but how many of these lesser attacks killed him?

TheLordofMurder
It reminds me of the situation in Blood and Thunder were Warlock attempted to shut down Thor with the Soul Gem...

Why did it fail!?

Because Thor is Asgardian; hes not mortal so he isnt subject to the same weaknesses as ordinary mortals are...

Anyway, I fully believe the same would apply here with Sue and Thor...

Bentley
Smashing his brains is impossible because he's asgardian? Not nearly the same thing. Thor gets a freepass against many soul related abilities (such as the Space Phantom replacement that worked even on Hulk), but physical attacks work on him as they would work in mortal beings.

h1a8

If Thor can withstand the force of a Neutron Star, then he's withstanding Sue's deadly tactics... Sue can do the spike thing inside Thor.

First of all, sharp piercing damage is different than gravitational force withstanding, especially when Sue has feats against more durable beings like Galactus. Also the gravity of a neutron star is in the billions of tons for a 700lb being. Hulk and some others have feats in the billions of tons range yet can be cut by sufficient force and sufficient hardness of blade.

Eternal Idol
The following murder Sue:
Magneto
Thing
Iron Man
Thor
World War Hulk
Hal Jordan (Aura up)
Despero
Nova Prime

The following are murdered by Sue:
Batman

The following make sweet, sweet animal love to Sue:
Wolverine

Bentley
You think Tony Stark has no sex with Sue? Shame.

Eternal Idol
You think Tony Stark has no sex with Sue? Shame.

I just didn't want to overstate the obvious, is all.

TheLordofMurder
Smashing his brains is impossible because he's asgardian? Not nearly the same thing. Thor gets a freepass against many soul related abilities (such as the Space Phantom replacement that worked even on Hulk), but physical attacks work on him as they would work in mortal beings.

Ok...answer this then:

Could Sue kill Odin in this same fashion?

What about pre "not allowed to die" Thanos; could he be killed like this?

I garantee that many would argue that it wouldnt work on these two simply because of their power level and their status; the fact that they are flesh and blood and thus should be just as vulnerable as Thor to being killed like this wouldnt matter...

I garantee that some here would use comicbook logic to resolve this issue; it would be argued that they couldnt be killed in such fashion simply because of who they are...

In closing, being one of the most powerful Asgardians as well as being the son of Marvels most powerful Skyfather, Thors status should be such that Sue Storm should not be capable of killing Thor with the bubble or spike in the brain tactic...

Cause him great pain? Sure....

Kill him? No way...not this guy who has tanked direct attacks from "merciless" Celestials and was durable enough to keep fighting.

TheLordofMurder
Sue can do the spike thing inside Thor.

First of all, sharp piercing damage is different than gravitational force withstanding, especially when Sue has feats against more durable beings like Galactus. Also the gravity of a neutron star is in the billions of tons for a 700lb being. Hulk and some others have feats in the billions of tons range yet can be cut by sufficient force and sufficient hardness of blade.

Sure, she could use this tactic against him; the question is will it kill him...

I firmly believe that answer to this question is no...

nimbus006
Ok...answer this then:

I garantee that many would argue that it wouldnt work on these two simply because of their power level and their status; the fact that they are flesh and blood and thus should be just as vulnerable as Thor to being killed like this wouldnt matter...

I garantee that some here would use comicbook logic to resolve this issue; it would be argued that they couldnt be killed in such fashion simply because of who they are...

In closing, being one of the most powerful Asgardians as well as being the son of Marvels most powerful Skyfather, Thors status should be such that Sue Storm should not be capable of killing Thor with the bubble or spike in the brain tactic...

Kill him? No way...not this guy who has tanked direct attacks from "merciless" Celestials and was durable enough to keep fighting.

This is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.

the Darkone
Ok...answer this then:

thumb up I concur!

h1a8
Ok...answer this then:

First of all, energy blasts and physical attacks are two totally different things. Some beings can absorb, contain, direct, manipulate energy through their bodies. This helps in resisting energy blasts. A fire proof vest is not bulletproof. Thor is nowhere near cut proof or flesh tear proof (especially when concerning Sue). Sue has feats that show that she is capable of damaging Thor.

The reason it may not work on Odin is because:
1. Odin could stop her before she finishes.
2. Odin can possibly create force fields inside of himself to contain the bubble or spike.

Status has nothing to do with it.

Also, although resisting energy attacks proves nothing, Thor resisting Celestial attacks is PIS and shouldn't be used.

psycho gundam
or the obvious answer being sue tearing a hole in a celestial being PIS, but nah, throwing out decades of thor feats is more logical.

you're a clown shoe

cdtm

If Thor's "status" lets him tank an attack simply because he's too popular not to tank it, that's the very definition of PIS...

But that happens a lot in comics. Infinity Man should have literally torn Superman in half, but his fan favorite status made it look like an actual fight instead..

TheLordofMurder
If Thor's "status" lets him tank an attack simply because he's too popular not to tank it, that's the very definition of comicbook logic...

Fixed it for you...

There are several things in comicbooks that occur (or dont occur) that are illogical, but nonetheless are consistent themes in comicbooks; a character withstanding attacks that they shouldnt be able to based solely on status and power level is one of them...

h1a8
Fixed it for you...

There are several things in comicbooks that occur (or dont occur) that are illogical, but nonetheless are consistent themes in comicbooks; a character withstanding attacks that they shouldnt be able to based solely on status and power level is one of them...

False. If not then we would reach contradictions. For instance, Thor would be as powerful as Odin or a 2000ft Destroyer animated by multiple skyfathers (which he is not).

We have the no PIS rule for a reason. You only troll when you ignore the fact that it exists.

TheLordofMurder
False. If not then we would reach contradictions. For instance, Thor would be as powerful as Odin or a 2000ft Destroyer animated by multiple skyfathers (which he is not).

We have the no PIS rule for a reason. You only troll when you ignore the fact that it exists.

Before I rip your argument apart with actual examples, are you saying that characters withstanding attacks that logic dictates that they should not be able to (based on power level and status) is not a consistent theme in comics!?

h1a8
Before I rip your argument apart with actual examples, are you saying that characters withstanding attacks that logic dictates that they should not be able to (based on power level and status) is not a consistent theme in comics!?

What determines whether a character should do certain things? Is it because it would lead to heavy contradictions if they can?

It is easy to determine whether a feat is PIS or not. Thor, SS, Superman, etc. all have some hella top feats, but those which are PIS is only because they would lead to heavy contradictions.

SS destroying a planet is a giant feat for him and is bordering on PIS. But it isn't PIS since there are no major contradictions to it.
Superman moving planets have no major contradictions either.
Thor lifting Midgard Serpent have no major contradictions either.
Thor taking blasts that bested a 2000 ft Destroyer with Odin's own power
is PIS as it would lead to the conclusion that Thor>=Odin (which is a heavy contradiction). Spidey beating firelord is PIS as it would lead to the conclusion that Spidey (when serious) is herald level (which is a major contradiction).

Lastly, PIS IS NOT A CONSISTENT THEME IN COMICS. Otherwise it wouldn't be PIS by nature.

cdtm
Fixed it for you...

That's why I love Thunderbolts..

Quicksilver pwning Mr. X, Speed Demon taking down Spidey with ease, Iron Man and Captain America getting pwned.. That's one comic that basically gives the middle finger to fan favoritism and keeps PIS to a minimum.

cdtm
But yeah, no way is Thor tanking an attack from the inside out that cut through Big G and a Celestials physical body..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.