Future Terminator Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Yeah i know that theres a section for anything Terminator but it seems to be dead these days

found this

Justin Lin (Fast Five) no longer helming the 5th movie and rights revert back to Cameron in 2018

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=46736

Robtard
It's a franchise that brings in cash, so I doubt they're going to wait 6+ years to release another film in the series.

Myth
Hopefully they decide to bring in James Cameron big grin

Esau Cairn
Not even Cameron could do much with an ageing Arnold playing the role.

There's only so much cgi can do to alter a character to make it believable.

Not even if Cameron painted Arnie blue!

Robtard
I have an idea, Skynet sends a Terminator(played by Carrot Top) back to 1964 on a mission to kill Sarah Conner's mother(played by Kristen Stewart) and future John Conner(played by Bruce Willis) manages to send himself back too with the mission of protecting his grandmother but he ends up falling in love with his grandmother and f***s her, thereby becoming his own grandfather.

Sounds epic, I'm writing the screen-play this weekend.

quanchi112
Give me some master terminator or something which brings finality to the war. I want badass terminators fighting badass termintors reprogrammed by Connor.

Robtard
Na, 'I'm my own grandpa' is so much better.

Myth
Originally posted by quanchi112
Give me some master terminator or something which brings finality to the war. I want badass terminators fighting badass termintors reprogrammed by Connor.

Nah. These movies succeed when there is a vulnerable main character. In part 1, Sarah was vulnerable. In part 2, John was vulnerable. Unfortunately in part 3 and 4, John Connor was pretty competent, and that was a big part IMO of what hurt those movies.

Patient_Leech
Is it strange that I really like number 3? I know it's bad, but I just like it. I thought John Connor in that one was very likable, and the ending was pretty cool. Salvation sucked monkey t*ts... in many ways. Not the least of which was that Bale made an extremely unpleasant John Connor.

Myth
Part 3 was not bad as a stand alone movie, but it is bad when compared to part 1 and 2. Really, it was just a spoof of part 2.

mardook
I don't get why they are so stuck on a director, who cares about Justin Li. Fast Five would have still raked in the dough without him because girls get wet watching Vin Diesel and Paul Walker Sam/Frodo'ing each other with suggestive gazes. While the male contingent of the viewing demographic was busy eye humping the cars and explosions, and **** and ass. Forget Li and focus on hiring really good writers who know a little bit about the story and know how to create something new with something old and borrowed. As for Arnold being in the movie, nobody said he was playing a Terminator yet did they! So STFU.

embarrasment

Kazenji
They need to put a Xenobot in

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5795/42206732281081775459213.jpg

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
I have an idea, Skynet sends a Terminator(played by Carrot Top) back to 1964 on a mission to kill Sarah Conner's mother(played by Kristen Stewart) and future John Conner(played by Bruce Willis) manages to send himself back too with the mission of protecting his grandmother but he ends up falling in love with his grandmother and f***s her, thereby becoming his own grandfather.

Sounds epic, I'm writing the screen-play this weekend.

no more stupid than the plot of the last two terminator movies

Patient_Leech
Yeah, when in doubt, put Bruce Willis in the movie. Instant awesome.

mardook
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, when in doubt, put Bruce Willis in the movie. Instant awesome.

Don't say that... he might bring along Justin Long.

Kazenji
Terminator Salvation was awful says Arnold

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=57515

Esau Cairn
Everyone's got an opinion.

What makes Arnie's so important?

Kazenji
You tell me.

Patient_Leech
Because Arnie wasn't in it! That's why... Nah, but seriously. Yeah, Salvation blew donkey dick. I thought it was atrocious. Not that Rise of the Machines was perfect either, but at least John Connor was likeable and it was fun. Salvation just sucked all around.

Originally posted by mardook
Don't say that... he might bring along Justin Long.

laughing You know, I don't understand why so many people have a problem with Justin Long... what's so bad about him? I mean, aside from being sort of boring, he's inoffensive to me..

the ninjak
Terminator 3 should have been set in the war between the humans and the machines as shown in both The Terminator and Terminator II!

The skies should have been blackened by nuclear winter and the war raged between the machines and the desperate subterranean humans.

A desperate battle that ends with the humans intercepting an attempt at time travel by the enemy. By sending in soldiers both human and cybernetic.

Kazenji
It wasn't that bad Terminator Salvation which people are making it out to be.

Kazenji
James Cameron Says Next Terminator Should Focus on the T-800

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89286

be even better if you could direct it yourself Mr Cameron.

mardook
Or write it... follow in Ridley's footsteps and revisit and re-construct your babies Cameron. Avatar can wait... it is afterall a big pixar movie. Terminator needs its rudder restored back on track... only you can do that.

Kazenji
He also wants to do Battle Angel Alita eventually.

sandeep4webdev
John Connor is now in his 20's, and a female terminator, called T-X or Terminatrix, is after him. Another T-101 is sent back through time to protect John once again on the verge of the rise of the machines.

sandeep4webdev
More than 10 years after 'Terminator 2', John Connor now exists only as a drifter - living 'off the grid', so no more Terminators from the future can hunt him down. Unfortunately, SkyNet does send another one back - and this one is called the T-X, even more powerful & advanced than the dreaded T-1000. However, another CSM-101 Terminator is also sent back to protect John against the T-X. Now, Skynet is patiently assuming control of civilian computer systems, under the guise of a computer virus. John has also met his future wife, Kate Brewster, whose father - a U.S. Air Force General - is in charge of the military computer systems & is leery of up linking SkyNet. However, when the SkyNet virus infects the U.S military computers & leaves the country open to attack, the machines begin their horrific takeover. Soon a nuclear war will result - and the war against the machines will begin... Written by Derek O'Cain

Aquitaine
Originally posted by the ninjak
Terminator 3 should have been set in the war between the humans and the machines as shown in both The Terminator and Terminator II!

The skies should have been blackened by nuclear winter and the war raged between the machines and the desperate subterranean humans.

A desperate battle that ends with the humans intercepting an attempt at time travel by the enemy. By sending in soldiers both human and cybernetic.

Thats what I expected with T3. Nothing else made sense. Sure it had good action and the TX was devastatingly well done, she chanelled the first film's shark like Terminator, brilliant, but the film just didn't work with the previous two.
Arnold seemed to just be parodying himself in the role of the Terminator - bad move make.
The famous deleted and unfilmed scene from T2 where Connor descends into Skynet after its defeat to send Kyle and the T-800 back in time was begging to be in T3 and it was ignored.
The video game 'Terminator: Dawn of Fate' was the movie T3 should have been.
T3's own game tie in 'T3: The Redemption' is also a far better story.

Aquitaine
Further to that post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUqH7yyLQCc

Kazenji
Terminator to get another trilogy Begins on June 26, 2015!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177765-new-terminator-trilogy-to-begin-on-june-26-2015

quanchi112
I hope they do something different here not just the same old formula with a few new wrinkles. I read about this yesterday and am excited as the Terminator franchise is capable of great things.

COG Veteran
So some sites are reporting that it's a reboot trilogy. What do y'all think? I'd prefer if the kept the movies during the war and i'd run in circles if Cameron could direct again.

CouchTomato86
if i had to guess...just judging off the trailer. Terminator goes back in time to save Sarah Conner after Machines decide to kill the mother of John Conner instead of John. The events in T2 are prevented and John, Sarah, and Kyle coexist. This could lead to them using Terminator technology from the Terminator killed in the trailer to create a time traveling device.

It would be cool to see them visit the future....the franchise always travels to the past, so this would be different

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.