Thor 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Seems about time to give this an official thread.

Some breaking news today that hasn't been confirmed - Patty Jenkins (Monster) is in negotiations to direct the sequel now!

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni15722734/

I say, WTF? What the f**k?

What happened to Brian Kirk (Game Of Thrones) succeeding Kenneth Branagh in the director's chair, and just what do they expect Patty Jenkins to bring to this?
Just because she directed one good indie film eight years ago...

Kazenji
Hope its a rumor.

roughrider
Hopefully it's just a lot of talk.

If Kirk isn't on board, maybe Marvel is still looking to bring Branagh back to the director's chair...(crosses fingers)

Kazenji
Chris Hemsworth on Patty Jenkins and Thor 2

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168498-chris-hemsworth-on-patty-jenkins-and-thor-2

roughrider
I know this fits the pattern of the past several years, getting indie directors to come take on these projects to give them a unique stamp.

But the idea that the sequel to Thor - being released by Walt Disney Pictures, where you expect the action to be ratcheted up after the introductions of the first film - is being directed by a woman who directed one other film about a female serial killer eight years ago...this picture doesn't add up, in my mind.

This is like the producers of James Bond hiring Marc Forster to direct Quantum Of Solace; oddball choice, and a mixed success.

Gustavo Fring
Originally posted by roughrider
I know this fits the pattern of the past several years, getting indie directors to come take on these projects to give them a unique stamp.

But the idea that the sequel to Thor - being released by Walt Disney Pictures, where you expect the action to be ratcheted up after the introductions of the first film - is being directed by a woman who directed one other film about a female serial killer eight years ago...this picture doesn't add up, in my mind.

This is like the producers of James Bond hiring Marc Forster to direct Quantum Of Solace; oddball choice, and a mixed success.

Maybe the Enchantress is the villian?

roughrider
Disney has been moving around release dates, likely due to the fighting over The Lone Ranger. Thor 2 now scheduled for four months later - Nov 15 2013.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2011/10/the-lone-ranger-and-thor-2-get.html

I think this is good news, actually. Summer has gotten so crowded, and now Thor can own the Thanksgiving holiday slot.

And Patty Jenkins is confirmed to direct. Still don't really get what she brings to the table...

Prep-Man
she could very well be a versatile director. dont knock her yet.

BruceSkywalker
not sure how i feel about patty jenkins directing as well as the new release date.. i hope she doesn't frack it up

roughrider
Originally posted by Prep-Man
she could very well be a versatile director. dont knock her yet.

Perhaps. She must have really impressed in the interview.

There's already speculation she would bring Charlize Theron on board as the Enchantress. But Alice Eve is in a closer age group.

Personally, Charlize Theron as Hela would be really intriguing...

Kazenji
Kenneth Branagh Shares Why He Is Not Directing Thor 2

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=49816

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
Kenneth Branagh Shares Why He Is Not Directing Thor 2

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=49816

Unfortunate, but glad to hear Branagh had a great time and would do another one, if he could. I hope him staying on as a producer will be a help to our new director.

The Nuul
Thor wasnt very good. Branagh did a shitty job, besides from the few cool parts the movie is horrible with its lame jokes and gags. I am happy to see a new director and Monster is a great movie. I have high hopes!

Zack Fair
Charlize Theron

http://www.hondask.es/foro/images/smilies/large_homer_drool.jpg

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Nuul
Thor wasnt very good. Branagh did a shitty job, besides from the few cool parts the movie is horrible with its lame jokes and gags. I am happy to see a new director and Monster is a great movie. I have high hopes!

It was more then just "was'nt very good" it was great alot better then some other crap that gets released.

DARTH POWER
Thor wasnt very good. Branagh did a shitty job,

That must be the reason it was a big success.

The Nuul
It was more then just "was'nt very good" it was great alot better then some other crap that gets released.

GL stank and Thor is in the same boat.

DARTH POWER

Hit vs Flop. Yeah I can see why you would put them in the same boat.

roughrider

Whatever.

Patty Jenkins has to prove she can handle something of this scope for the sequel. I would like to see more of Asgard, the landscapes, rather than just the throne rooms again.

Kazenji

Just keep thinking like that in your little world of yours.

roughrider
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Charlize Theron

http://www.hondask.es/foro/images/smilies/large_homer_drool.jpg

Yes. wink

A bit of dream casting, her as the Enchantress or Hela...if it happens.

The Nuul
Making money does NOT make it a good film.

Bay makes money so I guess his films are ****ing great!

The Nuul
Whatever.

Patty Jenkins has to prove she can handle something of this scope for the sequel. I would like to see more of Asgard, the landscapes, rather than just the throne rooms again.

True, just because Monster was great that doesnt mean this will be. But It should be better than the last Thor.

roughrider

It also got really good reviews - something that eludes Michael Bay.

(But as a Transformers fan from way back, I ignore the negative reviews of those films and just enjoy the spectacle.)

You didn't like it; I get that.

The Nuul
I know you do but not some of the others.

DARTH POWER

No but it probably means a lot of movie fans disagree with you.

-Pr-

Bad Boys 2, Armageddon, The Rock.

--

Honestly though, Thor was a really good movie imo, and if this next one is even half as good as the first one, it'll be fine I think.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by -Pr-

Honestly though, Thor was a really good movie imo, and if this next one is even half as good as the first one, it'll be fine I think.

Well Im hoping it will be as good.. But really depends where they are taking the Character. Whats going to be his reason for hanging round Earth? Hopefully something more interesting than the obvious- wanting to be near Jane and an evil threat arising.

the ninjak
I hope he has to possess Donald Blake in order to return to Earth.

That will open cool character development.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by the ninjak
I hope he has to possess Donald Blake in order to return to Earth.

That will open cool character development.

Oh yeah I'd love it if they did that! Only problem is they wnt let another actor take half the main role off Chris Hemsworth, leaving Chris with a Lou Ferrigno role Lol. So they'd have to find a way around that.

BruceSkywalker
Needs new director...

http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/12/06/patty-jenkins-out-as-thor-2-director-report-says/

roughrider
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Needs new director...

http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/12/06/patty-jenkins-out-as-thor-2-director-report-says/

I was just going to post this. While I don't like to see a revolving chair of directors coming on board then leaving, I actually don't mind Patty Jenkins departure. I was concerned she would be in over her head on this.
Just don't turn this into The Hobbit with all the stalling that went on there; and DON'T hire Marcus Nispel (Conan the flop!) or Brett Ratner.

roughrider
I don't get all the no-name directors Marvel Studios are looking at, doing TV shows like Mad Men and Game Of Thrones. They can't find anyone with some feature experience to do this?? It's like they're getting super controlling, or thinking small.

Kazenji
Alan Taylor is the latest one he's had stuff to do with Game Of Thrones.

roughrider
It's Alan Taylor or bust, then. At least he does have feature experience.

Kazenji

Kazenji
Chris Hemsworth Says THOR Sequel Will Have More "Viking-Influenced" Surroundings!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=57878

joesha28
I hope Thor 2 will have a scene of a awesome brutal battle between Thor and an army of Monstrous beings, like the sons of Muspels

roughrider
Chris Hemsworth Says THOR Sequel Will Have More "Viking-Influenced" Surroundings!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=57878

That article still needed to correct the opening date, though. It's no longer coming out in late July next year, but the middle of November instead.

D-Block
Originally posted by joesha28
I hope Thor 2 will have a scene of a awesome brutal battle between Thor and an army of Monstrous beings, like the sons of Muspels That would be cool. I hope he has a crazy strength feat also

JakeTheBank
Some thoughts on Thor 2...

Apparently Tom Hiddleston would like it if Loki somehow found redemption. Considering the events of the Avengers and Thor before that, the lives which Loki has destroyed, ruined, or caused anguish to have makes it difficult for him to go about that route without something truly significant to make up for it. Assuming that Loki faces punishment at the hands of Asgard and not his benefactor (you-know-who), I can see Loki fighting on the side of good if it benefits himself. If we do happen to get a threat on the scale of Surtur, it would be awesome to see Thor, Loki, and Odin fight together to stop him, similar to Walt Simonson's epic run.

I'd definitely like to see more of the Nine Realms explored in addition to Asgard and Midgard. This might be difficult as Thor is somewhat anchored to Earth due to his relationship with Jane Foster and the Avengers, though. I don't think Enchantress and Executioner would be proper foils for Thor, at least not for the main threats; I'm not opposed to them being in the movie, but the threat of Loki usurping the throne and ravaging Jotunheim is more significant than say, Amora simply trying to seduce Thor and win over his heart and Skurge being her muscle. Surtur or Hela would be great choices as they can challenge Thor in the immediate sense and also on a much larger scale.

JakeTheBank
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=60376

He could possibly portray Malekith or provide the voice over for Surtur, imo.

Gecko4lif
Keith david as surtur

fapfapfapfap

Newjak
I think my two choices for Villains would be Surtur or Hela. I want fire and death stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Absorbing Man and the Wrecking Crew would be nice...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Newjak
I think my two choices for Villains would be Surtur or Hela. I want fire and death stick out tongue

who would you want to see play Hela?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=60376

He could possibly portray Malekith or provide the voice over for Surtur, imo.

Looks like he would fit Malekith better. Malekith and Kurse in the 2nd installment which sets up the release of Surtur in the 3rd.

roughrider
I'm anticipating that no matter who the heavies are in Thor 2, Thanos will slowly make his presence felt, and it will climax with his appearance in Avengers 2.

joesha28
Alice Eva for Enchantress and Eva Green for Hela.

Newjak
who would you want to see play Hela? hmm that's a tough one stick out tongue

Perhaps Sharon Stone might do good um I'm not that good with picking people.

Kazenji
Thor 2 is going up against a One Direction movie laughing laughing laughing

goodbye boyband.

Zack Fair
Thor 2 is going up against a One Direction movie laughing laughing laughing

goodbye boyband. ?? Confused.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zack Fair
?? Confused.

Thor's 2 new date up against the One Direction Concert Movie 3D

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90895

Kazenji
Chris Hemsworth Would Like To See Charlize Theron As Enchantress In THOR 2

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=61267

the ninjak
There a better women to play enchantress than Theron personally.

Newjak
There a better women to play enchantress than Theron personally. After watching Snowwhite and the Huntsman, I would say not many. She did an amazing job in it.

JayDaDon
How about Amanda siefried as enchantress? She's Nordic...

...and juicy. droolio

Newjak
Originally posted by JayDaDon
How about Amanda siefried as enchantress? She's Nordic...

...and juicy. droolio She's good but I think Theron still has her beat.

Gecko4lif
She's good but I think Theron still has her beat.
Agreed

BruceSkywalker
She's good but I think Theron still has her beat.

definitely

JayDaDon
So you guys think Theron is THE one for the role?

Gecko4lif
The best one currently thought of

roughrider

I would certainly not be disappointed if she played Amora. Though the world is not short of hot blondes qualified for this. big grin

JakeTheBank
Honestly, Theron is too old, imo. Not a knock against her because she's obviously gorgeous, but Amora should be in the same age range as Thor, and Theron doesn't look to be in that range when compared to Hemsworth.

Honestly think she'd be better as Hela if she got put in a Thor movie.

Newjak
Honestly, Theron is too old, imo. Not a knock against her because she's obviously gorgeous, but Amora should be in the same age range as Thor, and Theron doesn't look to be in that range when compared to Hemsworth.

Honestly think she'd be better as Hela if she got put in a Thor movie. To be fair there is only an 8 year age difference between the two, and after watching her in Snowwhite their didn't seem to be a big age difference at all between the two. Movie Magic probably helped that but they looked roughly equal in age.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing her as Hela either.

Zack Fair
Hemsworth wants to get in Theron's pants.

Who can blame him?

basilisk

Honestly think she'd be better as Hela if she got put in a Thor movie. Yeah, I like Theron but she is just at that age now where she looks a little old for roles like Enchantress. And yes, the Hela role is a good fit actually.

SpaceMonkey
Thor: The Dark World.

Thoughts?

Gecko4lif
Jenifer lawerence might be decent

JakeTheBank
Curious what the sub-title's significance is.

WhiteWitchKing
My these guys.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/92/DarkGods.jpg

roughrider
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

Thoughts?

It's better than Thor 2.

JakeTheBank
@WhiteWitchKing: That's a really good guess, actually. The Dark Gods would be intense to see on the big screen.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

Thoughts?

i'm thinking Malekith and Kurse

Gecko4lif
kurse

Kurse

KURSE!!!!!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
kurse

Kurse

KURSE!!!!!

just need someone good to portray him

roughrider

With Mads Mikkaelsen no longer in the cast - dropping out to play Hannibal Lecter for TV - I wonder if they had him for Malekith.

trollfacejpg
I really hope they do Beta Ray Bill.

Patient_Leech
With Mads Mikkaelsen no longer in the cast - dropping out to play Hannibal Lecter for TV...

Yeah, I saw that. That's a shame. He's a cool actor.

Scythe

Oh yeah.

Lovin' all this so far, just sucks that they couldn't get the same dude who played Fendral to come back. I hate it when they recast actors.

Kazenji
The villains revealed ?

ares834
Malekith? Cool, makes sense with the subtitle being "The Dark World", hopefully they can tie it into a Surtur story and set him up as the villain for the third movie.

JakeTheBank

BruceSkywalker

roughrider
Fine casting choice for Malekith.

BruceSkywalker
Kurse has been found..

http://www.newsarama.com/film/the-avengers-gag-reel.html

roughrider
Kurse? Well, we're going to see a good h2h fight in this sequel!

ares834
Cool. Hopefully, we can get some better action this time around.

Also the actor playing Kurse is great. He played Mr. Eko in Lost and did a phenomenal job.

Kazenji
Set construction In Bourne Wood, England

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?
a=66172

no green screen it seems.

K3VIL
The plot choice is a very good one, hopefully we'll get some real fight sequences, especially more clear. The fight with Loki in the end of the first movie wasn't amusing at all, nor was the one with the Destroyer, a big whirlwind, then a full power hammer charge and that's it, there goes down one of Marvel's toughest mother.****ers in a couple minutes....I mean come on man...and the W3 and Sif acting like retarded versions of the MM Power Rangers....Lame....after The Avengers, i expect Marvel to keep going in portraying Thor as they did and also show him use more his fists and then the hammer, and also some physical strength related side effects, like shockwaves caused from his punches or kicks and hammer blows, windows shattering, small quakes or him holding a skyscraper, I mean he's counterpart to Superman in terms of character, give him some credit!

CosmicComet
Word on the street is, Thor will get one-shotted by everyone and Iron Man has to save him.

Martian_mind
The actor playing Kurse is from Oz.

Thor's gonna get raped.

Kazenji
How's he's going to get raped?

the guy that's been playing Thor is also from Australia.

ctsketch

Someone didn't get the joke...

WhiteWitchKing

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/78686/2006371-90120_141675_kurse_large.jpg

Kazenji
Originally posted by ctsketch
Someone didn't get the joke...

What joke?

ctsketch
What joke?

Oz was a show about prison...you know...prison rape... he meant the character was literally going to rape someone...

Kazenji
Didn't know that was what Martian_mind was aiming for.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Martian_mind
The actor playing Kurse is from Oz.

Thor's gonna get raped. Originally posted by Kazenji

laughing out loud Classic comeback Kaz.

Kazenji
There's a rumour that this sequel will introduce Dr Strange

like howThor functioned as a way to introduce Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye before his big Avengers debut.

the ninjak
That would freakin rock! Thor is the perfect medium to introduce Strange.

-Pr-
Set images:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=67029

ctsketch
pretty revealing. Looks like we'll have a big opening battle. Thor is supposed to make a grand appearance in it.

Kazenji
Some more of Thor and Sif

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/thor/thor-the-dark-world/thor-the-dark-world-set

-Pr-
Set video:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/09/13/thor-the-dark-world-battle-scene-revealed-in-video-from-u-k-set/

roughrider
Some more of Thor and Sif

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/thor/thor-the-dark-world/thor-the-dark-world-set

You can see how Thor's suit is gettting slightly evolved over each film. Now he's sporting the chain mail leggings that match his arms, which he's had since his return in 2007. Works for me.

Mindship
I see Jaimie Alexander continues the Smallville/Maxima tradition of being too thin and unmuscular to look convincingly like a female warrior. Bummer.

Kazenji
Well Sif pretty much look's that way anyway from what i've seen of Sif in the comics.

Mindship
I think there's a bit more muscular development in the comics (eg, more shoulder and thigh development). But also, it depends on the artist. When Kirby drew warrior women, they looked fairly substantial. Also Turner did a pretty good job.

I'm not saying the actress should look like Ms. Olympia. But neither should she look like she just got plucked off the street, with no definition whatsoever.

roughrider
One year to go before release (actually, just under a year at 364 days.)

Happy Dance

'Can you smell what Malekith and Kurse are cookin'?'

joesha28
This gonna kick Man of Steel butt.

roughrider
Originally posted by joesha28
This gonna kick Man of Steel butt.

They won't be in direct competition as this will be a fall release.
What will it go up against in November - the second Hunger Games film?

(I just watched it over the weekend - most overrated blockbuster of last year.)

the ninjak
Rumors abound that the Beyonder is going to be in this along with Kurse.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/is-the-beyonder-going-to-join-the-marvel-movie-universe-in-thor-the-dark-world

BruceSkywalker
Rumors abound that the Beyonder is going to be in this along with Kurse.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/is-the-beyonder-going-to-join-the-marvel-movie-universe-in-thor-the-dark-world

i read that, will wait and see

WhiteWitchKing

Kazenji

Martian_mind
God I hope part of Kurses helmet is an oddly tilted beanie.

-Pr-
The Kurse actors talks some:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=73674

curryman
The cast ****ing Adebisi as Kurse???

Damborgson
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/116510/2867041-thor_the_dark_world_toy_image_600x400.jpg

Toy form dark elf lol. Looks like Thor and Loki are going to be a little less glamorous in the movie also.

roughrider
First poster has arrived; the teaser trailer hits next week!

http://collider.com/thor-2-the-dark-world-poster/

BruceSkywalker
First poster has arrived; the teaser trailer hits next week!

http://collider.com/thor-2-the-dark-world-poster/

love the first poster.. looking forward to the first teaser

DARTH POWER
Awesome poster. I'm hoping we really see Thor go all out with his powers in this one.

JakeTheBank
Gv7ZHZhWAaE

roughrider
Ooooh, the full trailer comes tomorrow! Happy Dance

Kazenji
Ooooh, the full trailer comes tomorrow! Happy Dance

Try Today

7p7rocHEecE

ares834
Looks promising. Still I'm slightly underwhelmed.

DARTH POWER
Damn that looks good.

IM3, MOS, Thor 2. It's going to be another good year for Superhero movies.

roughrider
As a teaser, it' s a promising first look. It's going to be cool, going beyond the throne rooms in Asgard.

The trick is to make all these movies satisfying on their own terms, and not just be puzzle pieces building up to Avengers 2, which we are all waiting for. I wonder how powerful Malekith will be in this; he looks pretty sick.

roughrider
Tyr will be appearing in this. The actor playing him - Clive Russell - is a bit old, but he's big and intimidating.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0751085/

He might be more of a peer to Odin, instead of a relation.

roughrider
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2013/04/22/why-man-of-steel-and-thor-the-dark-world-are-the-years-most-important-films/

juggernaut74
Good first trailer. We had to wait till the 3rd trailer for MOS to see some action but this looks better than Iron Man 3 imo.

Kazenji
Wonder if there will some sort of fighting between Jane Foster and Sif, Going by the way Sif looks in the trailer.

armedforbattle
So the Villains thus far are Loki (I'm sure they will fight at some point), Malekith (so probably Kurse too), Dark elves.

And an enemy "that predates the universe" does anyone know or have a guess as to what that might be?

ares834
Odin says "darkness" predated the universe. I think that's just a reference to the dark elves.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ares834
Odin says "darkness" predated the universe. I think that's just a reference to the dark elves.

yep

armedforbattle
Oh okay! Thanks for clarification big grin

Bouboumaster
Could it be? Could it be that Chris O'Dowd would be ****ing Hercules aka the most awesome comic book character ever!?

Slowpoke
I really think Vader would be perfect to play the villain, and he surely has the reason.

roughrider
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Could it be? Could it be that Chris O'Dowd would be ****ing Hercules aka the most awesome comic book character ever!?

His role is still secret. But I haven't heard of him spending any time in the gym. Maybe he's a bartender in Asgard? wink

Kazenji
New images

Malakith with a gun and even Dark Elves with guns

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=80250

Slowpoke
So why didn't S.H.I.E.L.D and other superheroes do anything?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Slowpoke

this is all about Thor and Asgard

Kazenji
RUMOR: Carter Burwell No Longer Scoring THOR 2; Marvel Unhappy With Alan Taylor

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=80336

roughrider
RUMOR: Carter Burwell No Longer Scoring THOR 2; Marvel Unhappy With Alan Taylor

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=80336

Meh...they threw out rumours like that for the first Thor film. Anthony Hopkins wasn't happy with Chris Hemsworth work, drastic re-shoots were taking place...none of it proved to be right or of any consequence at all. The internet is poisonous with false rumours. Replacing the film composer may be true, but it's happened with other films in the past and had no impact.

Kazenji
A prelude comic is going to be released and it bridges the gap between Avengers movie and this sequel, Showing the the discord spreading across the nine realms

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=80893

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Slowpoke

The most annoying part of this shared cinematic universe, hearing this question roughly a billion times

CPT Space Bomb
God, especially after watching MOS, I cannot WAIT for this movie.

Golgo13
I thought Thor was decent enough. Had a couple good actions scenes, but I could have easily waited for DVD. Thor 2 trailer looks even better, but still not sold to spend money on this at the theater. Hopefully 2nd/3rd trailer looks better.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Golgo13
I thought Thor was decent enough. Had a couple good actions scenes, but I could have easily waited for DVD. Thor 2 trailer looks even better, but still not sold to spend money on this at the theater. Hopefully 2nd/3rd trailer looks better. For me, Seeing Thor spinning Mjolnir in a circle and smashing the crap out of frost giants was worth the price of admission for the first film. The fact that it was actually a good movie was icing on the cake. And yah, the sequel does look to be more action (as it should be, it's no longer an origin story)....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>